Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Caligula

Maximus
Have you priced the Pelicans against the SH cases on Amazon? The price gap isnt as steep as it may seem. Thats not to say I wouldn't opt for a SH case. I see those more as direct competition for Pelican than a cheaper copycat.

Caligula,
Reactions: ataxian

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
My understanding of the SR-74 is that it is the same thing as a SR-71 but the two parts which cause most user frustration have been modified so that they are "foolproof"

If this is the case and it is otherwise functionally the same it should be every bit "the best" as the SR71 is!

There's the washer and the self-adjusting post, but IIRC the rod has to be changed also, to one that's not quite as hot running. Or it could be a mis-remembering on my part. Wouldn't be the first time.

syrupy,

Sleepin in CA

Higher than a Pterodactyl, you can call me Caveman
Accessory Maker
Sr74 has gold plated connectors, lower voltage white rod, New bottom insulator, and I believe the aaf. I think there was mention of a screw on air flow cap as well. Also ti coils.

Anyone confirm for me? This is off the top of my head atm.

Sleepin in CA,
Reactions: syrupy

exit

There's the washer and the self-adjusting post, but IIRC the rod has to be changed also, to one that's not quite as hot running. Or it could be a mis-remembering on my part. Wouldn't be the first time.

The SR74 rod is improved to run cooler and use less battery. I know it is backwards compatible because I checked with G before I ordered one for my SR71.

Xenemorph

Hey guys,

I've been looking at the Persei for a while but there's so many different websites selling them and claiming different things, and versions plus attachments so I have no idea what I'm doing.

I want to smoke the following:
  • E-Liquid Refill Oils
  • Dry herbs
What version do I need to buy, and what attachments do I need, and how will it all work out?

Thanks in advance. Budget is $100-200

Xenemorph,

exit

Guys hopefully i'll have a core soon but there's no denying that batteries are still necessary...
I bought a EFEST LUC V4 charger about a month ago and its been great to me.
All 4 slots charge separately and have a screen to show the voltage. comes with a car charger too which was the reason i was looking into these in the first place.

but more importantly, with the persei stock charger, it might take well over 5 hours to charge a very depleted 18650. the V4 charges them in almost no time! I charge my batteries in 0.5 amp mode because I heard that keeps them healthier but it can also be used in 1A or 2A but that's for 2**** style batteries,

i have not tried out any other "fancy" chargers like this one but i'm very glad i did for $25... i guess they are usually $35+ but this place sells them for $25 and shipping. its where i got mine at least.

http://trianglevape.com/efest-luc-v4-4-bay-charger-w-car-adapter/

Yes im still hitting my Persei every day with the Sony VTC4's!!!

us18650vtc4.jpg

This is why!!!

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
Guys hopefully i'll have a core soon but there's no denying that batteries are still necessary...
All 4 slots charge separately and have a screen to show the voltage. comes with a car charger too which was the reason i was looking into these in the first place.

but more importantly, with the persei stock charger, it might take well over 5 hours to charge a very depleted 18650. the V4 charges them in almost no time! I charge my batteries in 0.5 amp mode because I heard that keeps them healthier but it can also be used in 1A or 2A but that's for 2**** style batteries,

i have not tried out any other "fancy" chargers like this one but i'm very glad i did for $25... i guess they are usually $35+ but this place sells them for $25 and shipping. its where i got mine at least.

us18650vtc4.jpg

This is why!!!

I use the same batteries, charger and vendor ... good shit.

MileHighLife,
Reactions: exit

Hedonismbot

@THC SCIENTIFIC, For those of us that want to stay with the original SR-71, will we be able to get the old style white rods going forward or would we need to stock up now? Also, will there be different black rods, or will those be the same for the 71 and 74?

@THC SCIENTIFIC I have been wondering this also. I plan on keeping my 2 SR-71s as SR-71s and I hope W9 keeps the original white rod available. If they are not going to be available in the future I would buy 6 SR-71 white rods right now for spares.

If the upcoming SR-74 proves out I will buy them outright rather than upgrade my SR-71s.

@ataxian When you get your test SR-74 I'd appreciate your comments about 2 aspects of it that I am really anxious about. First is the reduced power level. 30 watts vs the SR-71's 40 watts. Since I use an Iris I can vary the power level on my SR-71s. I've found that I usually vape my concentrates at 30 to 40 watts. So a 30 watt limit seems marginal to me. I've been setting my Iris to 30 watts the past few weeks to try to get used to the lower power but I usually find myself bumping up the power.

Second is the new screw-on top cap. I wonder if this will be more of a hassle than it is worth. I've never had an issue with the press on top cap and it seems the press-on top cap would be easier to deal with when refiling the cartridge.

:love:my SR-71s!

Hedo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@THC SCIENTIFIC I have been wondering this also. I plan on keeping my 2 SR-71s as SR-71s and I hope W9 keeps the original white rod available. If they are not going to be available in the future I would buy 6 SR-71 white rods right now for spares.

If the upcoming SR-74 proves out I will buy them outright rather than upgrade my SR-71s.

@ataxian When you get your test SR-74 I'd appreciate your comments about 2 aspects of it that I am really anxious about. First is the reduced power level. 30 watts vs the SR-71's u40 watts. Since I use an Iris I can vary the
power level on my SR-71s. I've found that I usually vape my concentrates at 30 to 40 watts. So a 30 watt limit seems marginal to me. I've been setting my Iris to 30 watts the past few weeks to try to get used to the lower power but I usually find myself bumping up the power.

Second is the new screw-on top cap. I wonder if this will be more of a hassle than it is worth. I've never had an issue with the press on top cap and it seems the press-on top cap would be easier to deal with when refiling the cartridge.

:love:my SR-71s!

Hedo

Today I will have plenty material to beta test the SR74
I have one SR71 to warm up with.

BENDER action today while I wait patiently!

ataxian,
Reactions: syrupy

Caligula

Maximus
Hey guys,

I've been looking at the Persei for a while but there's so many different websites selling them and claiming different things, and versions plus attachments so I have no idea what I'm doing.

I want to smoke the following:
  • E-Liquid Refill Oils
  • Dry herbs
What version do I need to buy, and what attachments do I need, and how will it all work out?

Thanks in advance. Budget is $100-200

I dont think this is the vape for you?

The majority of Persei cartridges are geared towards vaporizing MJ concentrates, which are undiluted with PG/VG (e juice). However, W9 does makes CE4 carts which are designed for E Juice:

http://www.w9tech.com/ce4-tank/

With dry herb though, you really need a Bender attachment which easily puts you over budget when combined with the cost of the Persei:

http://www.w9tech.com/the-bender-loose-leaf-tobacco-chamber/

Furthermore, the Bender isnt for novice users. It takes some practice and technique to use it properly and its all glass so its fragile. Then again it probably gives you some of the purest and best tasting vapor out of any "portable" flower vape.

Im thinking you are better off with two separate vapes. One for juice and one for flowers. We can help more if you list further criteria.

Edit: for a few dollars over budget you can get a V2 Omicron (on clearance sale on the W9 website) plus a CE4 tank, and also an Arizer Solo for flowers. Plus you can use the Omicron for regular uncut concentrates as well. You can also consider the Omicron Lite as its only $60 and comes with a KISS cart (which is badass but is also for uncut medication)... however IDK about compatability with the CE4 tank @THC SCIENTIFIC ?

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
http://www.w9tech.com/the-bender-loose-leaf-tobacco-chamber/

Furthermore, the Bender isnt for novice users. It takes some practice and technique to use it properly and its all glass so its fragile. Then again it probably gives you some of the purest and best tasting vapor out of any "portable" flower vape.

Im thinking you are better off with two separate vapes. One for juice and one for flowers. We can help more if you list further criteria.
The BENDER is a deluxe attachment. I love it however it's not a everyday run around town device. I use it at home! Not for everybody.

OF

AW

Efest might make good chargers but i wont use their batteries.

Let's be clear about this. "AW" is upper case, it's Andy Wong or somesuch and is a brand name of batteries (actually he's a broker, he does't make anything, but buys and 'marks' the best available.

You want his brand IMR type batteries, not the more common LiIon types if you want the best battery for this sort of application (although at a lower capacity). For this use, 1600 mAh AW IMR 18650s at the top of the pile (and come with oval AW logo stickers):
http://www.lighthound.com/AW-IMR18650-1600mAh-LiMN-rechargeable-lithium-battery_p_2797.html

The 'better' 2000 mAh versions ones are not quite as hot, even if for a longer time.

OF

masaki

Let's be clear about this. "AW" is upper case, it's Andy Wong or somesuch and is a brand name of batteries (actually he's a broker, he does't make anything, but buys and 'marks' the best available.

You want his brand IMR type batteries, not the more common LiIon types if you want the best battery for this sort of application (although at a lower capacity). For this use, 1600 mAh AW IMR 18650s at the top of the pile (and come with oval AW logo stickers):
http://www.lighthound.com/AW-IMR18650-1600mAh-LiMN-rechargeable-lithium-battery_p_2797.html

The 'better' 2000 mAh versions ones are not quite as hot, even if for a longer time.

OF
But that required me to press shift again..

Krazzykid

AW

Efest might make good chargers but i wont use their batteries.
While I completely agree with your recommendation to use the AW's, I have never had a problem with my Efest batteries.

I have 2 AW 18650 1600mAh that have been in rotation with 4 EFest 18350's and 2 Efest 18650's for right at a year now and I can't tell a difference between any of the 18650's.

Did I get lucky with my Efest's? Was I unlucky with my AW's? All I know for sure is they are all still kicking strong and put out some serious power.
I am not trying to say that Efest is as good as AW batteries just that most people would have a very hard time telling the difference in most cases.

I do strongly recommend the AW batteries though.

Caligula

Maximus

us18650vtc4.jpg

This is why!!!

I agree that aftermarket chargers are a huge step up from the OEM charger bundled with the Persei for the reasons you stated. I hadnt looked into the Efest unit however ive been using this guy for a long time and its a fucking champion. Lots of hobbyists swear by these chargers:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00GO...0cffb3ea111a2cc8f994&pi=SS115#ref=pd_aw_sbs_4

Of course I didnt need all those adapters so I saved a few bucks:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/other/aw/d...994&pi=SL500_SS115#ref=pd_aw_sbs_1&precache=1

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
While I completely agree with your recommendation to use the AW's, I have never had a problem with my Efest batteries.

I have 2 AW 18650 1600mAh that have been in rotation with 4 EFest 18350's and 2 Efest 18650's for right at a year now and I can't tell a difference between any of the 18650's.

Did I get lucky with my Efest's? Was I unlucky with my AW's? All I know for sure is they are all still kicking strong and put out some serious power.
I am not trying to say that Efest is as good as AW batteries just that most people would have a very hard time telling the difference in most cases.

I do strongly recommend the AW batteries though.

I've noticed the same with my aw and efest batteries.

MileHighLife,

masaki

I'd heard you were "shiftless" but to be honest didn't understand what that meant.

Thanks for clearing it up.

OF
Ya you know it wasn't intentional.

On a side note, after breaking my white rod I'm appreciating my herc more and more waiting on my new white rod order.

Last edited:
masaki,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom