Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Bleed4Me

I LURK
Hey THC SCIENTIFIC, I was wondering if you guys have a faster delivery option than Priority available? I sent a top in for replacement and you guys signed for it last Wed, but I know you said you guys were backed up. I have a couple people I want to see the Herc running this weekend, so I was just going to buy another Persei kit, but wanted to make sure it got to Colorado Before Saturday. Any thoughts? If I go ahead and pay for it all tonight should I add anything in the notes at all? Good lookin' out...

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
That'll cost some coin for sure. Last time I overnighted aa small part it was like 35 bucks. Didn't leave the state either.

Caligula,
Reactions: Bleed4Me

exit

Hey THC SCIENTIFIC, I was wondering if you guys have a faster delivery option than Priority available? I sent a top in for replacement and you guys signed for it last Wed, but I know you said you guys were backed up. I have a couple people I want to see the Herc running this weekend, so I was just going to buy another Persei kit, but wanted to make sure it got to Colorado Before Saturday. Any thoughts? If I go ahead and pay for it all tonight should I add anything in the notes at all? Good lookin' out...

I just want to step in and say if they use USPS like they usually do, sending a package Express requires lots of waiting and form filling at the post office, so if it's possible for them to offer overnights that's great, but I completely understand why it's not a regular offering too. Also you need to get to the post office before 3 or it's a day later and nobody wants to deal with an upset customer over that :(

Sleepin in CA

Higher than a Pterodactyl, you can call me Caveman
Accessory Maker

Do you not have a dual top to use in the meantime?
I'm in the same boat, but my dual top works great for the Hercules while I wait.

Sleepin in CA,

Bleed4Me

I LURK
Gladd you are liking your Hercules SR71.

On a side note you guys can start looking at the Core Manual to get your self familiar of whats coming and what to use it for.

http://www.w9tech.com/content/instructionmanual/The_Core_Manual.pdf
Do you not have a dual top to use in the meantime?
I'm in the same boat, but my dual top works great for the Hercules while I wait.

I bought mine a couple months ago and it didn't come with one :bang:

I just want to step in and say if they use USPS like they usually do, sending a package Express requires lots of waiting and form filling at the post office, so if it's possible for them to offer overnights that's great, but I completely understand why it's not a regular offering too. Also you need to get to the post office before 3 or it's a day later and nobody wants to deal with an upset customer over that :(

Thanks for the advice. Makes 100% sense. Even though I would probably camp out at the damn post office, that's a little pricey. Guess I will just roll with it and see how it turns out...

Bleed4Me,

Bleed4Me

I LURK
Did you get yours used? :hmm:

No. It was new from W9. When I entered my ticket for the top I got, they said they don't ship them with dual tops anymore. Mine is the chrome one. I'm not too clear on the whole situation and I don't want to start any fires. I just want to stop looking at my Herc. It has been sitting for 12 days now. my heart is aching...

Bleed4Me,
Reactions: Caligula

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
The newer sets, at least on W9Tech, don't come with the double tops, but are $40 cheaper than the kits that have the double top on 3rd party sites.

@Caligula beat me to it

Silver420Surfer,

Bleed4Me

I LURK
The newest tops have short circuit protection right, do you get a warning light instead of a burnt top.

No. I think what happened to mine is my Herc heated the top up too much and compromised the locktite (I think that's what it was) on the top. The threaded insert on the top followed the Herc and I'm pretty sure that disconnected one of the solder points. My top had the intermittent powering problem that seems to be floating around. It was getting a little worse and worse each time. I would have to hit it button once at first but then it was turning into two times and more frequently. So it seemed like it was acting funny anyways. I actually took mine apart and fixed the solder but it came apart again. I think the wires were just too short for me to get a really good contact. I tried to take it apart from the bottom where the white plastic and nipple for the battery is and I couldn't get it off. So i was working with the wires out of the tiny hole on the top and it was challenging to say the least.

But to put a good spin on it, I never had one single issue with the Herc. Unless the intermittent firing of the tops is caused by the Herc. I took mine apart several times and I've never had any issues at all.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
I thought the $119 price for the Persei with no double top kit was a very fair trade off.
My top has only been used with the Hercules, never the 5.0 carts. It suffers from the "no power when power button is pressed" issue and as of the last few days, keeps doing the short protection/flickering thing, way more than ever before. If the wind blows wrong I get the flash. Put the black ptfe outer cover w/ black mouth piece a little too quickly, flash. Taps into my leg, flash. Falls out of my car at 35 mph, flash---just making sure you were still paying attention lol. Not rough with my Per-cules at all. Does this mean my top is getting ready to give out soon?

Silver420Surfer,

exit

I thought the $119 price for the Persei with no double top kit was a very fair trade off.
My top has only been used with the Hercules, never the 5.0 carts. It suffers from the "no power when power button is pressed" issue and as of the last few days, keeps doing the short protection/flickering thing, way more than ever before. If the wind blows wrong I get the flash. Put the black ptfe outer cover w/ black mouth piece a little too quickly, flash. Taps into my leg, flash. Falls out of my car at 35 mph, flash---just making sure you were still paying attention lol. Not rough with my Per-cules at all. Does this mean my top is getting ready to give out soon?

When you start getting problems, unscrew the top from the battery, press the button in, let go of the button, screw it back on, see if it keeps happening.

I'm not sure if theres a "glitch" happening but this solves it 100% of the time for me if the button refuses to work for whatever reason.

exit,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Might mean you need to adjust your spring plate?
Do you know if I should tighten or loosen? I use 2 diff sets of 18350s, the IMRs that came with the peresi,which are button top, and a set of Efest flat top.

Do you guys think I should be adjusting for each time I switch out the flat tops vs the button tops?
TIA for any help

@exit--Thanks, will try and report back.

Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: Caligula

Caligula

Maximus
Yes. Adjust for sure. That's more than enough play to cause an issue. You want the contact point (button or top of the flattop battery) to be flush with the top of the Persei tube. Readjust when you change between the two.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Yes. Adjust for sure. That's more than enough play to cause an issue. You want the contact point (button or top of the flattop battery) to be flush with the top of the Persei tube. Readjust when you change between the two.
Right on, thanks Caligula!!

:tup: I could almostmake if flash on demand, after adjust, cannot recreate flashon demand.

"Good samaritan!!"
"We've got a good samaritan right here, people!!"

Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: ataxian

Bleed4Me

I LURK
I just got the email that my new (repaired?) top just shipped! I am one VERY happy camper right now. The pure nug la confidential in my Percales is definitely helping too!

Ahhhh Shit!!! I hope I get mine soon too. I'm gonna go ahead and get another Persei kit for back up anyways and I'm gonna pick up a Core too. I bet that ceramic bowl will RAGE on a Core!!!!

Top Bottom