Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

jpdnkstr

@ MaxVapor
I have severe arthritis in my hands(and other joints), along with carpal tunnel syndrome , I do like my hammer tops, but have no issues with the traditional Persei button. I see you have an Omicron, unless you have giant fingertips the Persei button should pose no issue. The type of switch I had issues with, was of the sliding type.

jpdnkstr,

MaxVapor

The Professor
@ MaxVapor
I have severe arthritis in my hands(and other joints), along with carpal tunnel syndrome , I do like my hammer tops, but have no issues with the traditional Persei button. I see you have an Omicron, unless you have giant fingertips the Persei button should pose no issue. The type of switch I had issues with, was of the sliding type.

Thanks jpdnkstr, good to know you have not had issues. I am sure I will be fine as well. How long do you find you need to warm up the Bender? Once warm how much time do you spend on the button?

MaxVapor,

jpdnkstr

Thanks jpdnkstr, good to know you have not had issues. I am sure I will be fine as well. How long do you find you need to warm up the Bender? Once warm how much time do you spend on the button?
Let me get a stopwatch and my spacecase spinning, I'll get back to you on warm up time. I'd say less than 30-45sec.... once up to temp, it can get away from you if your not careful, once you get the feel for it, I find myself turning it off before temp is reached, then drawing steady until vapor thins, then feather the switch. Hope this helps, I love my Bender. I'll time warm up in a few.

EDIT: Light vapor at 40 sec, keep puffin till 1:15-1:45, power off until 2:15-2:30(still puffin'! ) power on when vapor thins.... repeat as necessary!

Double edit: Bender at full capacity(.5g at least), recently new, fresh charged AW IMR 18350's(pair) 700mah batteries, hammer rod fully inserted during all timings

MaxVapor

The Professor
Let me get a stopwatch and my spacecase spinning, I'll get back to you on warm up time. I'd say less than 30-45sec.... once up to temp, it can get away from you if your not careful, once you get the feel for it, I find myself turning it off before temp is reached, then drawing steady until vapor thins, then feather the switch. Hope this helps, I love my Bender. I'll time warm up in a few.

EDIT: Light vapor at 40 sec, keep puffin till 1:15-1:45, power off until 2:15-2:30(still puffin'! ) power on when vapor thins.... repeat as necessary!

Double edit: Bender at full capacity(.5g at least), recently new, fresh charged AW IMR 18350's(pair) 700mah batteries, hammer rod fully inserted during all timings

Thanks for the info!

MaxVapor,

nickzzzx

So am I going to need new batteries for my persei to get the hercules working? I have the standard batteries that came with it.

nickzzzx,

OF

So am I going to need new batteries for my persei to get the hercules working? I have the standard batteries that came with it.

If you want it to work as well as possible, yes. Anything less than AW IMRs is going to limit performance. We want brute power, and lots of it.

OF

OF,

nickzzzx

If you want it to work as well as possible, yes. Anything less than AW IMRs is going to limit performance. We want brute power, and lots of it.

OF
What's the difference in the battery? Isn't 7.4v still 7.4v?

nickzzzx,

OF

What's the difference in the battery? Isn't 7.4v still 7.4v?

Yeah the voltage is the same, but a hard to find spec, Internal Resistance, is way different. This is what causes self heating under heavy loads (which we don't want) and what limits maximum power output (which we do want). To make that happen, highest quality materials and large conductors are the call. One makes it cost more, the other lowers the mAh capacity a bit which also impacts sales.

You're only going to get a little under seven Volts under load anyway most likely (even from 'hot of the charger' batteries measuring 8.4 or so total).

Choose based on nominal voltage and published mAh capacity and you'll go wrong. IMR chemistry for sure, AW brand if you can get them. This is an extremely demanding application. This is, I think, an example of 'you get what you pay for'.

Good luck.

OF

MaxVapor

The Professor
I wanted to give a quick report about my trip over to D9V HQ today. Very down to Earth location and I mean that in the best way. I went to pick up a Persei kit and Bender :p , save some shipping $ and see what toys I might get shown. Gary was great and tested out everything I purchased with a multi-meter, right down to the 2 carts and all batteries. I did get to check out the prototype Hercules cart, and while I am no engineer it feels really solid, and seems like a great design. Looking forward to no more leaks!

First run on the Bender went ok (it will get better once I get the heat right), never used a hammer, fun watching it glow. Bender is great to hold in your hand (when not attached to a cherry red hammer) glass just feels nice. I filled about half way with a corse ground then I overdid it with the heat and got some black bits, but I think the Iris will help with that if it can dial down the maximum temperature that can be reached. flavor was nice (before I toasted) and while I did not see huge clouds the medicinal effect was definitely there within a 10 minute session. Then later I turned it out, ground it more with my fingers and re-loaded back in. This proved to be a mistake, which I have duly learned from. I did get some more effect, but also a lot of dust in my mouth. No more crumbling for me.

My only complaint is that I like the button on the Omicron better (non-resessed), the sharp ridges on the bevel of the Persei bother my pudgy finger tips. I will address this by letting my finger nails grow longer I think.

Awesome products that I think will only get better.

Thanks for the great service as always G.

174817d1276826800-new-episodes-futurama-futurama_bender.jpg

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
it was glad to meet you today boss man, and very happy to show off more products as i get them ready for show and tell.

To help you out with the bender, for the finer grinds try to inhale slowly, this produces large amounts of clouds, and also no herbs gets through. Now we wanted to keep the airpath all glass and this is the draw back. You can even try some cotton inside the mouth piece, this will keep herbs from coming up but also keep vapor coming through.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

MaxVapor

The Professor
it was glad to meet you today boss man, and very happy to show off more products as i get them ready for show and tell.

To help you out with the bender, for the finer grinds try to inhale slowly, this produces large amounts of clouds, and also no herbs gets through. Now we wanted to keep the airpath all glass and this is the draw back. You can even try some cotton inside the mouth piece, this will keep herbs from coming up but also keep vapor coming through.

Thanks, I'm going to have to do lots of practicing, poor, poor me! :ko:
I am sure the learning curve won't be too bad. Lots of help here as well so it's all good. I will keep to a courser grind until I learn more control.

BTW what's the Bender adapter, I forgot to ask today.

MaxVapor,
Now we wanted to keep the airpath all glass and this is the draw back. You can even try some cotton inside the mouth piece, this will keep herbs from coming up but also keep vapor coming through.
G,
You have another option, a "fritted" glass disk. It would probably cost $3 each or less in quantity and is a bit more difficult for your glass maker to attach than hot-pressing the honey comb is (but then you can use an unsealed male joint and save a few pennies back) However, for this small cost, you'd get filtering down to a few dozen microns without (much or any, depending on specs) airflow restriction.

Here is a link to a site with data and low quantity prices (you can get much cheaper in volume):
http://www.glassfilter.com/collections/popular-products/products/sintured-glass-disc

Only issue is they will clog, but cleaning in ISO and boiling will generally clean them (you can get then in boro or quartz).

BTW. Search a bit and you can almost certainly find them sold already fitted into a tube with a ground joint; I think I have some in storage somewhere :) I'd try the Schott catalog as a first source.

-NDA

jpdnkstr

I'm not concerned with herb in my mouth(I like to eat it too!), thanks Nick for the link! I may find other uses for these discs!

jpdnkstr,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Nice we already though about these disks, issue with it is it crumbles to easily, the health hazards of inhaling glass is no bueno, maybe the disks we had are not quality I'll check on your links and do more research. Thank you for the insight .

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Darb

I think the "bender adapter" MaxVapor was asking about is under projects almost done in your signature.
Is this just an updated bottom plate for the current bender?
What is Alpha Supreme?

Darb,

kevin

Hi G
Is the Iris built using the beefer componets like the Hammer or is it built more like the orginal Persei head? I ask because of the heat from the Bender and the Hercules the extra power from the Core and any of the new toys to come.
If not maybe V2 could be HD and have push on push off like Hammer head, and colors of course.
I can't wait, November is going to be just like X-Mas!!
Thanks
Kevin

kevin,

OB

So the persei in its original box and spare carts full in doob tubes got through airports on both coasts with no problem. And e cigs are able to be used in the airports according to the faa I think? Any way the trip went great. All the carts worked great and the people in delaware found out just how far behind they really are. Where would hash or kief go in the herc? I also understand how dumb bringin that on the plane was so please no haters if it can be helped

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I think the "bender adapter" MaxVapor was asking about is under projects almost done in your signature.
Is this just an updated bottom plate for the current bender?
What is Alpha Supreme?

to many projects, we are working on it but we shall see.

Hi G
Is the Iris built using the beefer componets like the Hammer or is it built more like the orginal Persei head? I ask because of the heat from the Bender and the Hercules the extra power from the Core and any of the new toys to come.
If not maybe V2 could be HD and have push on push off like Hammer head, and colors of course.
I can't wait, November is going to be just like X-Mas!!
Thanks
Kevin

The Iris v1 will have beefed up components to handle the power needed for our attachments.

As for the Iris V2 we will not be doing push on push off option. Its just to dangerous to have an option like that on the iris because of button not being flush.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Top Bottom