Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

OF

its going to be around 4.5 - 6 feet of power cable each side of the box.

Remember the box is not made to be on the ground but more like on the table next to you to control.

Or on the coffee table in front of you, or the end table next to you.....

IMO six is better than four and a half, much better than 3. It has to be handy enough to adjust as needed, but otherwise can easily limit the fun if the leash is too short.

So he holds button down for 15 seconds or more. What will oil be like after long hits on carts etc? Seems that is not the way instructions say to use it?

As I understand it, the Omicron V2+ and Persei have no time limit specifically to allow this. It's a selling point, V1s had a time limit (from e-cigs). "Chain hitting" was the call with the original Omicrons before this feature, still is with available VV heads. How the oil fares depends on the oil and how you use it. Higher powered carts can burn it much easier. Standard carts seem to do fairly well if you pay attention.

OF

OF,

tharealmclovin

So he holds button down for 15 seconds or more. What will oil be like after long hits on carts etc? Seems that is not the way instructions say to use it?

Thanks
Good question... That cart is an old burnt up cart. It doesn't taste very good even when refilled. But it's the best hitting 2.4 I have used. So it became by bubbler cart.

When hitting it regular I still stick to the 2-3 secs on/off sometimes more with 2.4s

tharealmclovin,

MaxVapor

The Professor
IMO six is better than four and a half, much better than 3. It has to be handy enough to adjust as needed, but otherwise can easily limit the fun if the leash is too short.
OF

I agree completely! And why not take an example from modern animal leashes and make the section between box and unit retractable into the box? :tup:

MaxVapor,
Reactions: OF

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
New question to the crew:
Is the 1200 hammer supposed to be screwed on a hammer top (I have an old one for a 750f, that runs automatic for 2 mn. without pressing and does blinking when I hit the bottom of the persei) or is it supposed to be screwed on a persei single top (as I see many videos & posts saying "press the button 30 sec. before vapor)?

Thx!

FLskwat,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Is the 1200 hammer supposed to be screwed on a hammer top (I have an old one for a 750f, that runs automatic for 2 mn. without pressing and does blinking when I hit the bottom of the persei) or is it supposed to be screwed on a persei single top (as I see many videos & posts saying "press the button 30 sec. before vapor)?

Thx!
they will work with either, it depends on preference. if you are scared of combustion, use a normal head, if you are brave and hate holding down the button, use the hammer head you have

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Thx bro' I will test with the normal single top 'cause it seems the hammer top does not reach battery life results described by G. (max. 1 and a half bowl)...maybe my batts are dying...

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Thx bro' I will test with the normal single top 'cause it seems the hammer top does not reach battery life results described by G. (max. 1 and a half bowl)...maybe my batts are dying...
no sweat. very possibly. i had to get new batts, 'cuz my originals were down to the same.

Bob Loblaw,

Wicksy

Thx!

Quote from delta9vapes.com

Works only with 7.4v and with the Persei bottom tube and a click on click off style button. This Unit does not include the top needed to operate the Hammer correctly. It requires the Base Hammer Kit.

So i'm pretty sure you can only use the Hammer top.

they will work with either, it depends on preference. if you are scared of combustion, use a normal head, if you are brave and hate holding down the button, use the hammer head you have

If you were scared of combustion doesn't using the normal top sound more dangerous? As he could constantly hold the button to the point of combustion? The Hammer top has an auto shut off, and would be less likely to combust?

Wicksy,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I asked G about this a while back, he advised that the regular top works fine, you just have to keep holding down the button. Both work, depends on your preference.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
that warning is on there for a reason, the hammer top and regular top work fine, but the hammer top is more durable and able to stand the heat and other abuse that might come while using the top.

1 Example is dropping it. the other example is better protection circuits.

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
that warning is on there for a reason, the hammer top and regular top work fine, but the hammer top is more durable and able to stand the heat and other abuse that might come while using the top.

1 Example is dropping it. the other example is better protection circuits.

So two questions:

1. How long/uses would the 18650 AW IMR's last during Hercules 7.4v?

2. Would a better option be to buy a hammer top to replace the original top, just in general?

Porquiplane,

SlideOrDie

@ THC SCIENTIFIC

Hey boss, just wondering if the 7.4v Hercules will work with the Trustfire 18350's or must we use the AW IMR's?

SlideOrDie,

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
@ THC SCIENTIFIC

Hey boss, just wondering if the 7.4v Hercules will work with the Trustfire 18350's or must we use the AW IMR's?

It appears to have the same internals of the 1400 Hammer heating element so you might want to jump on the AW train sooner than later. I'm glad I listened to the guys and picked some up. A night and day difference!

-Z

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
So two questions:

1. How long/uses would the 18650 AW IMR's last during Hercules 7.4v?

2. Would a better option be to buy a hammer top to replace the original top, just in general?

Hercules will give you about 15-20 min of run time.

The Hammer tops a better option if you know what you are doing and wouldnt mind a click on click off top.

@ THC SCIENTIFIC

Nope you need the IMR's

Also dont forget.

Im going to be at Sparc Sf on Saturday 10-27-12 3-6pm for our little meet and greet, come by and check out our little toys and maybe even try out the Hercules and Iris.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Wicksy

Hey G, what voltage/temp have you found best to run on the Iris while using a Hercules with herb. I'm assuming it would be easier to use the Iris with 7.4v Hercules as you can regulate the temperature better and not combust.

Wicksy,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Hey G, what voltage/temp have you found best to run on the Iris while using a Hercules with herb. I'm assuming it would be easier to use the Iris with 7.4v Hercules as you can regulate the temperature better and not combust.

to be honest have not tried the herc with herb on iris. I got it to work with the standard top so i know it will work with the iris.

To tell you the truth my best guess would be 6v

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Hercules will give you about 15-20 min of run time.

And what is the "official" run time with aw imr 18650s with a single 4ohm cart? Seeing comparisons between standard cart battery life and herc battery life. Again, use the aw imr 18350 at 5ohm for near two/three weeks with no recharge (near 1-2 minute(s) of full button press total, about 10-15 second burst). Just dont want to charge it every day or couple days...or stack two 18350s and have this Huge black thing hanging in the pants pocket...

Porquiplane,

MaxVapor

The Professor
to be honest have not tried the herc with herb on iris. I got it to work with the standard top so i know it will work with the iris.

To tell you the truth my best guess would be 6v

That is what I was thinking, but in my case it was pure speculation! Does the Iris top support click on - click off functionality?

MaxVapor,

MaxVapor

The Professor
No click on or click off functionality.

Do you think that is something you will consider for Iris v2? It's just that devices like the Bender and Hercules seem like they require longer button holding than what is typical with the oil carts. Having VV paired with click-on/off rather than hold seems like something that would be useful to some at least. I do realize it can be a danger to some if the unit just stays on when dropped though.

MaxVapor,
Reactions: Darb

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Do you think that is something you will consider for Iris v2? It's just that devices like the Bender and Hercules seem like they require longer button holding than what is typical with the oil carts. Having VV paired with click-on/off rather than hold seems like something that would be useful to some at least. I do realize it can be a danger to some if the unit just stays on when dropped though.

The click on click off is only available on the hammer brotha, we just dont have the market for a click on click off lcd top, the safety issues on that is just astronomical. Even with the hercules leaving the button on to long it will cook your oil, same with the bender.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

jpdnkstr

Hammer tops turn off when dropped.....

jpdnkstr,

MaxVapor

The Professor
The click on click off is only available on the hammer brotha, we just dont have the market for a click on click off lcd top, the safety issues on that is just astronomical. Even with the hercules leaving the button on to long it will cook your oil, same with the bender.

Yup, I get the safety issues. I suffer from significant joint pain in my hands, so it something that I think about. At least the medication actually helps with the pain so it may not bother me so much as I fear. ;)

MaxVapor,
Top Bottom