Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I know they are "better" but not how so. If better = hotter then there is a quick solution. I just expected these ones to take longer to get to temp. I don't think that is the case though since I find it literally impossible to combust even while trying my hardest.
we get it, we get it and yes better = hotter, and hotter faster. the trust fires are for carts only

G
Would this be a good setup for the Bender, 7.4V massive Battery life?
Plus you could use it as a weapon if you get car jacked!:lol:
Kevin
lol, i am sure it would work great, as long as both 18650 were AW IMR. it's my life saver ;)

Bob Loblaw,

darkrom

Great Scott!
ok so you got the trustfire batteries, IMR Batteries, or AW IMR batteries. I just want to be clear.

Ordered 4 of these batteries. 2 won't power persei with hammer 2 will but poorly.

http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=18350-IMR-800mAh-High-Drain

I also have working trustfires, but I understand that those are not enough.

I also have a trustfire 18650.

The only batteries I've been trying to use/expecting to use were the ones I just ordered (and linked to above).

we get it, we get it and yes better = hotter, and hotter faster. the trust fires are for carts only

I don't think these are trustfires. I think you are confusing what I am using. Either that or I'm REALLY lost.

Those don't say trustfire anywhere I saw.

darkrom,

kittyboy

Just dropped it and spilled ABV all over my carpet. Luckily it didn't break. I'm putting this thing away today. Clearly today is not the day for me to use it.

I have been using my bender with less then .5. I put bowl on hammer empty and heat it up for 30 seconds.
You wand should be glowing by then. I then put meds in and only fill up half way. I dont pack it etc.
Then I hold button for 10 - 15 seconds and start drawing very slowly. I then pulsate button and continue to draw for 5-10 seconds after. I am not making thick clouds which you dont want to do vaping anyway.

I stir between each draw and continue to hold 5-10 seconds and pulsate as mentioned above.
Maybe try that till you get hang of it. Won't waste then. Stirring is important. And imo not packing bowl will allow for more vapes when u stir each time.

I guess the main question is did you feel any effects from your use? Also if you do 3 draws you will have a warm piece of glass on outside. I sorta use that as my temp gauge.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I don't think these are trustfires. I think you are confusing what I am using. Either that or I'm REALLY lost.

Those don't say trustfire anywhere I saw.

do you have skype?

I can say about 99% that its a bad hammer.

Do this test fresh charge battery, put them in screw the hammer on, turn the lights off and press the button see how many seconds it takes to reach cherry red. This will tell me what the issue is.

Also since you are messing with vapes that high powered and really picky to be on the safe side i would suggest you get a multimeter, its about $20 and you will now find out what issues you have very easly.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I am not making thick clouds which you dont want to do vaping anyway.

You might not, but I do. I do appreciate the rest of the advice though and will try exactly as you said.

I'm going to do the test G mentioned. Its taking quite some time to heat up but I'll download a nice stopwatch app on my nifty phone haha.

do you have skype?

I can say about 99% that its a bad hammer.

Do this test fresh charge battery, put them in screw the hammer on, turn the lights off and press the button see how many seconds it takes to reach cherry red. This will tell me what the issue is.

Also since you are messing with vapes that high powered and really picky to be on the safe side i would suggest you get a multimeter, its about $20 and you will now find out what issues you have very easly.

I got skype to watch you demo the bender once, but I don't have a camera.

I just timed it. After 2 min 30 sec only a small (~10-20%) portion of the ceramic ever gets a FAINT glow to it. This was the first time I ran it without the cover to check that out.

darkrom,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I got skype to watch you demo the bender once, but I don't have a camera.

I just timed it. After 2 min 30 sec only a small (~10-20%) portion of the ceramic ever gets a FAINT glow to it. This was the first time I ran it without the cover to check that out.

Thats fully charged batteries? also my skype is thcscientific, add me and let me show you whats going on.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'll re download the client lol.

Yes freshly recharged. They haven't been getting much use lol. Now I see why.

darkrom,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I'll re download the client lol.

Yes freshly recharged. They haven't been getting much use lol. Now I see why.

the issue is the hammer, PM your addy ill ship one out that i fully tested myself to get you up and running.

also please ship that hammer out to me, i want to run a QC check on it to make sure we try to control it.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

darkrom

Great Scott!
G fixed my hammer and possibly my batteries just by scaring them away with his reverse curse on skype. I've seen some things people. I've seen some wonderful things coming our way soon!

I'm anxiously waiting for some/all of those products to come my way in the future. Thanks again for the help. I'll get a multimeter and then I'll test this hammer again tonight. Gotta give it a quick cleaning to reduce particles etc first.

darkrom,

tharealmclovin

Another picture of my Bubb and Bender
B74561FD-EAA2-4777-B5C8-77B31A4FBB66-1347-0000007277DC2E5F.jpg

Bart

Haven't been able to play with my bender yet. But decided to test heat up time on the hammer.
Mine is 2.3 ohms and gets to a good cherry glow in 24 seconds so I think I'll be good.
Can't wait to try out the bender but need to refrain for atleast a few weeks while I deal with some issues.
Sure wish I lived in a medical use state.
This thing sure is beautiful and calling my name.

Bart,

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
Thanks to another member I am the happy owner of a Bender today!

I went to refresh on the thread so I was up to date and started....my results:

-2x TF 18350 + Hammer Top = Lights for a second or two then double flash

-2x Tenergy + Hammer Top (yeah I know) = Turns on, warms but does not get a cherry tip

-2x TF 18350 + Standard Top = Lights stay on while working, get a cherry tip and Bender works

So, before I either prematurely vent a battery and before I pull the trigger on another order from D9....what can I troubleshoot?

I have a full electronic lab setup, so breaking out the DMM isn't an issue.

I thought the Hammer had to have the Hammer top?

-Z

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Thanks to another member I am the happy owner of a Bender today!

I went to refresh on the thread so I was up to date and started....my results:

-2x TF 18350 + Hammer Top = Lights for a second or two then double flash

-2x Tenergy + Hammer Top (yeah I know) = Turns on, warms but does not get a cherry tip

-2x TF 18350 + Standard Top = Lights stay on while working, get a cherry tip and Bender works

So, before I either prematurely vent a battery and before I pull the trigger on another order from D9....what can I troubleshoot?

I have a full electronic lab setup, so breaking out the DMM isn't an issue.

I thought the Hammer had to have the Hammer top?

-Z

Ok so the hammer and hammer top need imr batteries, AW is best. Your trust fires might work with the hammer but not for long.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
Ok so the hammer and hammer top need imr batteries, AW is best. Your trust fires might work with the hammer but not for long.

Hmm....sounds suspicious....like you want me to order more ;)

You are a tough sell man but I'll bite...need to pick up some other gear as well.

-Z

Zingbuddah,

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
So out of curiosity now, what is the difference between the Hammer and normal top beyond the switch?

Assume the circuitry is a bit beefier to handle the output but they appear to be interchangeable.

Now I've got batteries on order, I need to either purchase another Bender or start saving for the inevitable....I am the worlds worst with glass and the wife has me limited to the carpeted floor in the living room while seated to protect the investment.

Not sure where she would get that worry from (as I sit next to a stack of bottomless water pipes that met their fate all too soon).

Maybe we need to contact Loyd's about Bender insurance...

-Z

Zingbuddah,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
HOORAY! Hercules Cart went up today... On D9. Maybe not today but pretty damn recent. This means its gonna come soon.

So G, Whatd you say about Herc and Puregold. Good combo or better off with 1701's. As per leaks and clogs. Again, not chasing clouds. Just basic function. If it can produce consistently (no holdbacks i.e. leaks clogs), it can be utilized effectively.

This is the world people. Shit just got real...er.

Porquiplane,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
HOORAY! Hercules Cart went up today... On D9. Maybe not today but pretty damn recent. This means its gonna come soon.

So G, Whatd you say about Herc and Puregold. Good combo or better off with 1701's. As per leaks and clogs. Again, not chasing clouds. Just basic function. If it can produce consistently (no holdbacks i.e. leaks clogs), it can be utilized effectively.

This is the world people. Shit just got real...er.

The Herc is king of all, leaks don't happen in the herc, have not had a clog so I can't comment, there is always someone out there that might screw it up. But for now the design does not allow a leak or a clog.

The 1701 is improved cart design based on the original. It still leaks but we know why it leaks and are workin on fixing it.

The herc will last a long time of all goes well, this translates
Into years. With a rebuild program it's all you will need.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
So out of curiosity now, what is the difference between the Hammer and normal top beyond the switch?

Assume the circuitry is a bit beefier to handle the output but they appear to be interchangeable.

Now I've got batteries on order, I need to either purchase another Bender or start saving for the inevitable....I am the worlds worst with glass and the wife has me limited to the carpeted floor in the living room while seated to protect the investment.

Not sure where she would get that worry from (as I sit next to a stack of bottomless water pipes that met their fate all too soon).

Maybe we need to contact Loyd's about Bender insurance...

-Z
the circuitry and the thread connection are way beefier. check my youtube vids (link in my signature) with hammer in the title. You can see me sink it, dunk it, slam it, slice it, and driving over it.
i feel ya on the glass worry. medicine doesn't make this situation any easier, lol

Bob Loblaw,

OF

OK, armed with the tracking number I 'sprung' my Bender today and finally got a chance to try it. My initial take is much like the others, an interesting piece that will take some getting to know.

It's big, really big. Using the included grinder it easily swallowed up .75 gram. To me, that's a lot. Six MFLB trenches, 25 or 30 so PD stems. Something like 135 mg of THC. Several sessions at least. For sure smaller loads should be explored.....

Loaded this way it's slow. 40 seconds to useful vapor, nearly a minute until it was producing much. However, it continued to produce modest but useful levels for a LONG time after that. 30 seconds or more, several hits not just the initial one. I don't recall others mentioning this? Maybe I'm not pushing it hard enough yet, it's still in the 'very flavorful' early stages, but 3 or so such runs (heats back up much faster, maybe 20 seconds or so before cutting power and letting it coast while I enjoyed the hits) and objective testing is done for a while.......

This is not the mode for the cloud chasers in the group, but it has great potential IMO.

Right now I find it most like Vapman (much larger, of course) in that you add heat bringing the load up until you 'get there' and can cut the power and easily get a hit (or a few even) on retained energy. Given the long time constant I see no value in pushing it further at this point in time. Doing so could only lead to bud cooking away in there while I studied the insides of my eyelids.

Time to put the batteries back on charge, they were only 'mostly charged' before starting.

An interesting contraption for sure. Will definitely be back for more lessons later.....not to mention I've still got half a gram of top shelf bud in there.....

OF

Top Bottom