Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I have had nearly one full day of fully functional Persei use. Even a 4 second burst is causing the oil to boil up and into the air intake. Taking it apart and treating it as a pop clog (ISO needle) clears it up for a partial use but it clogs right back up.

Will update on the off chance I discover something useful to others.
what ohm cart/type of oil. this is a TOMV. you might need two 3v batteries to drop ya down to 6v instead of 7.4 sound like ur oil is way too hot. try tapping the button

Bob Loblaw,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I have had nearly one full day of fully functional Persei use. Even a 4 second burst is causing the oil to boil up and into the air intake. Taking it apart and treating it as a pop clog (ISO needle) clears it up for a partial use but it clogs right back up.

Usually when this happens it is the quality of the oil, as some Co2 and dirty oils will do this, is it refined? is it purged? it all has an effect in the cartridge.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

JoeKickass

Well it could be your oil but if you've enjoyed it for a whole day I'm sure it's fine.

I'm sure others would soldier on but at that point I just chalk it up to learning curve and reclaim to a new cart...

Try to take what you've learned and not let it rip too huge, I'm pretty sure that when it's hitting the hardest it is also significantly increasing the scab rate...

Try letting up on the button just a tad earlier than you were and see if the cart lasts longer, it's an unverified theory of mine if you feel like becoming a guinea pig :D

JoeKickass,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Well it could be your oil but if you've enjoyed it for a whole day I'm sure it's fine.

I'm sure others would soldier on but at that point I just chalk it up to learning curve and reclaim to a new cart...

Try to take what you've learned and not let it rip too huge, I'm pretty sure that when it's hitting the hardest it is also significantly increasing the scab rate...

Try letting up on the button just a tad earlier than you were and see if the cart lasts longer, it's an unverified theory of mine if you feel like becoming a guinea pig :D

man i should hire you and a few others for customer service haha.

OF

Was that a coal I saw in the bottom of that bowl just before it came off???

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Was that a coal I saw in the bottom of that bowl just before it came off???

OF

Not sure was not my piece.

But the Hammer is going back on the site as it does what it claims it can do.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
ok quick update the Hammer works best with IMR batteries, so the people who ordered them that do not have it, contact me and i will do a one time $5 credit to your online account.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Robaba89

ok quick update the Hammer works best with IMR batteries, so the people who ordered them that do not have it, contact me and i will do a one time $5 credit to your online account.

I still have a hard time with battery terms, so if you could be more specific? The IMR 18350s? And we'd need two? These are different than the trustfires that shipped with the persei a while back?

Robaba89,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Fire, by any other name.....

Fire I can get any number of ways, I'm not sure at all that speaks well for this product? Maybe I just don't understand yet......

OF

Oh that's what your talking about, well that's if you hold it to the herb to long, I don't think I said it was vaporizing, but it can if you time it right, on a smaller piece.

Krazy

My oil is an amber butane extract processed with quadruple filtered gas. It test out at 88% and comes from a dispensary. 5.0ohm cart with the Trust Fire protected 18350 batteries. In spite of its viscosity I have been treating it as Pure Gold since the first clog in an attempt to not overheat it.

I have no problem writing off the carts and the oil lost to repeatedly cleaning the thing up. I have way to many other things going on to sweat small amounts of $ at this point. But those other things do mean that random crap like not being able to get my vaporizer working right can mess up my head.

OK, I really hate to do this. I don't like online whiners and cry babies. Don't even get me started on cyber Munchhausen people. (which I am not.) But no joke:

I am seeing a shrink weekly in the VA's Suicide Prevention Clinic, Mental Health Div; Old building 1 with all the carvings on the ceiling beams.) I have multiple, some of them crap shoot, major surgeries coming up in the weeks- months ahead. Normally I would view finding a way to make this work as fun and entertaining. Not so much right now.

If any of you can tell me a battery-cart compo most likely to not mess up for me and my best bet for where to purchase a cart that is 100% I would greatly appreciate it. I will happily fork over the $ and even next day air it to be done with this mess. Hell, get me up and running and I will happily send you a cart gift certificate and rename my dog after you.

Given the speed with which this cart began suffering from major malfunctions and the fact that I used vaporpedia as a bible for operation I have little faith in switching to the other cart that came with it. The only other gear I posses is an old brass pipe; so, it is back to needle, pipe and lighter for now. Not optimal, but it works and generates no stress.

Krazy,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
My oil is an amber butane extract processed with quadruple filtered gas. It test out at 88% and comes from a dispensary. 5.0ohm cart with the Trust Fire protected 18350 batteries. In spite of its viscosity I have been treating it as Pure Gold since the first clog in an attempt to not overheat it.

I have no problem writing off the carts and the oil lost to repeatedly cleaning the thing up. I have way to many other things going on to sweat small amounts of $ at this point. But those other things do mean that random crap like not being able to get my vaporizer working right can mess up my head.

OK, I really hate to do this. I don't like online whiners and cry babies. Don't even get me started on cyber Munchhausen people. (which I am not.) But no joke:

I am seeing a shrink weekly in the VA's Suicide Prevention Clinic, Mental Health Div; Old building 1 with all the carvings on the ceiling beams.) I have multiple, some of them crap shoot, major surgeries coming up in the weeks- months ahead. Normally I would view finding a way to make this work as fun and entertaining. Not so much right now.

If any of you can tell me a battery-cart compo most likely to not mess up for me and my best bet for where to purchase a cart that is 100% I would greatly appreciate it. I will happily fork over the $ and even next day air it to be done with this mess. Hell, get me up and running and I will happily send you a cart gift certificate and rename my dog after you.

Given the speed with which this cart began suffering from major malfunctions and the fact that I used vaporpedia as a bible for operation I have little faith in switching to the other cart that came with it. The only other gear I posses is an old brass pipe; so, it is back to needle, pipe and lighter for now. Not optimal, but it works and generates no stress.

Can you tell me what state you in? i want to see if we have any local sales people that can help boss.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

DubCRider

Krazy, I'll help you ASAP! PM me your address and a "wish list" and I will try to grant them to my best ability. Take care brother!

DubCRider,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
ok guys we moving at a fast pace but here it is.

1200F Hammers

20120512135634.jpg

Krazy

I am in NM. The mention of the carved ceiling beams in building 1 was a nod to other NM crazy veterans. Small world and you never know.

Just did an experiment I should have done sooner. Took apart and fully cleaned with alcohol. Reassembled, did not use, and let sit for 2 hours. Oil is leaking out the bottom into the Persei.

Krazy,

OF

I am in NM. The mention of the carved ceiling beams in building 1 was a nod to other NM crazy veterans. Small world and you never know.

Just did an experiment I should have done sooner. Took apart and fully cleaned with alcohol. Reassembled, did not use, and let sit for 2 hours. Oil is leaking out the bottom into the Persei.

Bummer you're so far off, looks like we'll have to try fixing this by remote control? Unless someone comes up with something local.....

First off, I've only ever used four carts over 2.4 Ohms, 4 of the 5 special 4 Ohm test carts for the great 'kill the taste' project (which seems to have much improved that at the least). As of yesterday 3 of those 4 have leaked on me. Dozens of 2.4s and several 1.5s have not. I've had one 1.5 and a couple of 2.4s but none of them came even close to 2 of those 3 four Ohmers....they're real gushers for sure. The only one holding is full of wax, not oil. I know other guys get them to work, and it may be something to do with the special processing these test carts got, but there it is: In my experience (brief as it is) 1.5 and especially 2.4 Ohm carts leak less. I'd start there.

Also, I've sprung leaks twice with some otherwise nice SD oil I've run 8 or more grams through 2.4 Ohm carts with no problems. Likewise, leaks with Gush oil and yesterdays disaster, OG Kush oil. SD wax and some really stiff 'High CBD oil' have not leaked in that set of carts. I'd start there as well.

So, my advice is to get a 2.4 Ohm cart or two and a gram of the hardest concentrate your dispensary has (shatters and supermelts get extra credit, stay clear of 'full melts'). And have another go. The facts are most guys get this to work, with some effort I'm sure you can too. I'm suggesting pulling back to a more conservative starting point and moving forward, not jumping feet first into the deep end?

If you can't get 2.4 Ohm carts locally, PM me, I'll mail you one from my original box (2 left), I've had zero problems with the other 8 from that group.

OF

OF,

Mflbparox

i just threw the mini 3.7v trust fires on the black charger and came back 2 hours later and it was blinking so i guess their charged? but how come every time i put them in the persei it doesnt seem to work

Mflbparox,
Top Bottom