The Official FC Pets & Animals thread

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
She has puppy feet still and is possible around .75 to 1.

I know that there are words I know in this sentence, but they make no sense to me in the order they are presented. What does this sentence mean? I don't know what "puppy feet" are, and what the "point 75 to one" ratio is referring to. Care to enlighten me?

Ares’ new agitation muzzle

Uh oh, are they just that aggressive?
I've never had a dog that I felt I had to muzzle, but I feel for ya.
Can't be easy. People tend to be shitty and judgey about aggressive dogs.

Ramahs,
Reactions: Vitolo

Madtater

Uh oh, are they just that aggressive?
I've never had a dog that I felt I had to muzzle, but I feel for ya.
Can't be easy. People tend to be shitty and judgey about aggressive dogs.
He doesnt have a mean bone in his body….unless i tell him to be mean. He is the most gentle and sweetest dog. But he is an animal, and animals are unpredictable.

He will mostly wear it for training and vet visits. While this style of muzzle prevents biting, he can bark and pant in it, instead of a tight sleeve over his snout.

I got this after our last vet visit when the vet stuck him with an 18g needle without warning to me or my wife. Ares almost took the vets hand off as i wasnt prepared to hold him…..then the vet blamed us.

We have since switched vets.

He won’t be wearing it much honestly, ut i wanted something that made him comfortable and looked cool….rather than something that restricted him and had the appearance of him being a hostile dog.

Vitolo

Vaporist
DSC00191-1.jpg

ABOVE; Cornelius yesterday.
Today, after the Veterinarian's second procedure, following the initial sealing and intervention, this is how Cornelius looks today:
DSC00197.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

Camera works well!
Bird is happy!

Last edited:

Ramahs

With a puppy, you can see their feet are too big. We expect them to "grow into" their feet.
The context of the paragraph tells us the ages of the dogs, so, .75 to 1 means between 9 and 12 months.

Interesting. I always looked at it like big feet just meant that they would be a big dog, therefore their feet would always be big.
The latter part is even more fascinating to me, as I was under the impression that most of the world used months and years, rather than decimals of a year.

That being said, I'm curious...What part of the world would it be common for people to talk about ".75 to 1" of a year, instead of "9 months to a year"? I'm just curious because I've never heard it referred to in that way before.

Please forgive my ignorance.

Last edited:

Knewt

Interesting. I always looked at it like big feet just meant that they would be a big dog, therefore their feet would always be big.
The latter part is even more fascinating to me, as I was under the impression that most of the world used months and years, rather than decimals of a year.

That being said, I'm curious...What part of the world would it be common for people to talk about ".75 to 1" of a year, instead of "9 months to a year"? I'm just curious because I've never heard it referred to in that way before.

Please forgive my ignorance.
I used .75 and 1 because I browse on an iPad that is often unresponsive to my fingers. I there fore write using the pencil, one goddamn fucking letter at a time. And there is the additional problem of 95 pounds of dog flesh and hair thrashing around on top of and beside me. Now I’m exhausted from writing all of this.

When I adopted Gus he weighed 40 pounds and I laughed about his big head and feet. The head looks normal now, and the feet are still a little big and Gus is a very solid 55 pounds. Luna weighs 40 pounds and her head is rather small. However her feet are bigger than Gus’s currently are. I like a 40 pound dog, but it doesn’t look like it will last unless we starve her.

Ramahs

I don't know how big this is, but I've been on the river in Austin TX to watch the ~1.5 milion bats come out at sundown under the Congress St bridge. It was a really long cloud of bats rushing out from under the bridge. It was cool to watch from underneath on the river (aside from the faint mist of bat-piss that fell on us...but that comes with the territory...lol).

Here's a video of it from google...

Oh, and for the thread...here's my hiking partner, Summit, chilling in the shade looking awesome at the dog park a couple days ago :tup:
Vx-Is-GDq-BQmeha7nh-KWf0-Uw-thumb-2225.jpg

Last edited:

MagiKStone

Magic Maker
Manufacturer
What a great idea - combining cannabis and critters…metaphorically speaking. This is Pride, one of our beloved Morgan mares inspecting trichomes on last years Skittles crop.
And Magic - who just had his 1st b-day. Magic is our official mascot, best pal and hiking partner and foot warmer for virtually everyone in the MagicStone shop.

Top Bottom