The Official FC Pets & Animals thread

Vitolo

Vaporist
I was near a Petco, and went in to get items for my birds. I needed perch covers, and could not wait for Amazon, or Chewy to delver, as I cleaned all 3 cages today.
Petsmart was out of them.
Petco must be in $$ trouble... the prices were 30% higher than Petsmart! I got a dozen sanded perch covers. At the register, the girl asked me "Do you want to buy a couple plastic bags for 10¢ each?". I said no, and was asked to gather my purchase so the next customer could check out. I left juggling a dozen sanded perch covers and a receipt, dropping things on my way out.
I was trying to support "local".
im-609768.jpg
petsmart-storefront.jpg

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am very relieved to be able to take pictures of my "Rocket Man" today!
I was able to work on my camera for a couple of days, and while it still shows an "E91:01" on the screen I can snap daylight pictures.
That code means that the camera is not sending a signal to the flash, but I have had no luck finding a repair shop willing to take on the project.
While it will not allow me to make setting adjustments, when the light is right, it's all go.
Here's my buddy!
DSC00011.jpg

Above: Waiting to go play
DSC00005.jpg

Above: Just Rocky being a good boy
DSC00007.jpg

Above: Rocky daring me to try and catch him

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Check this out. But I warn you, you're going to cry...

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Check this out. But I warn you, you're going to cry...
They truly are mans best friends.

Vitolo

Vaporist
The Sony CyberShot camera that I like sells for $228 to $300 used and in good condition.
I got mine from the same seller... a "loss leader" to interest people randomly in his online Amazon shop. In EXCELLENT condition, I paid $56 and could not be happier.
Once again, I am able to share family photos!
Cornelius, with Gnathotheca (lower beak) grown back... No longer a danger thanks to surgical intervention, but ready for it to be trimmed
again.
DSC00191-1.jpg

Now the moods of young Rocket Man (now 92 pounds):
Resentful because I'm aiming the camera at Cornelius instead of at him:
DSC00187.jpg

Happy to be alive:
DSC00185.jpg

Invitation "to the dance" (play time):
DSC00174.jpg

Knewt

Nine months ago I adopted Gus from the local prison system.

52902752413_0493e9b1fc_c.jpg

He is now around 1.5 years old and his poor stuffed dog pillow, Jasper (from a different prison system 13.5 years ago) is getting tired. Today we went back to the prison and got Gus a new live action chew toy. Her name is Luna (last name Tic). She has puppy feet still and is possible around .75 to 1.

52901733972_3ce0dbc89f_c.jpg

The thin white line extends all the way around her muzzle, kind of strange. And I just spent 10 minutes on the bottom of a thrashing, mouthy, hairy dog pile, life is good.

I think we got more hair than dog with Luna though. My wife should have her fattened up in no time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom