• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Official CannaBreak Thread

Why are you on a CannaBreak?

• I want to lower my tolerance.

Votes: 147 57.4%
  • I want to save money.

Votes: 41 16.0%
  • I want to have more energy.

Votes: 37 14.5%
  • I feel apathetic/amotivated.

Votes: 46 18.0%
  • I want to see how being CannaFree affects my life.

Votes: 58 22.7%
  • Other (explain in thread) *Don't select this if you aren't on a break.

Votes: 24 9.4%
  • I've taken a CannaBreak (>7days) and noticed overall improvement in my life.

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • I've taken a CannaBreak (>7days) and didn't notice improvement in my life.

Votes: 53 20.7%

• Total voters

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
that is not science. that is just a t break. I recommend having plenty of flower available when you are on a t break so you don't get the anxiety that comes with being dankrupt.

The science part come from the fact that - at least personally for me - using beyond the weekend greatly intensifies the negative aspects and dulls the positive ones. I mean I can get introspective after a few days t break, but smoking every day I just turn into a zombie. Consume way more for far less quality high.

I WHOLEheartedly agree with the second part though 🤣

daoist

well the point of a t break is that very little weed can get you very high after a t break.
so i don't understand why you want to go in "hunter s thompson fear and loathing in las vegas mode".
Maybe you can just put a bit of self discipline into the mix.

KievanRus882

I might need a tbreak but i'm not sure, I smoked alot of weed that didn't vape well and since then I'm not getting high as before, maybe my lungs to cleaned of smoke, I only vape 3 times a week, so I not sure why its happening.

KievanRus882,

shredder

I took vape T breaks a few times a year for 2-3 days at a time when I felt my tolerance getting out of whack. It was never a problem.

Now I'm on a T break from medibles. It seems quite a bit different. All the same symptoms, but to a greater degree. I went from roughly 75mg a day to 150-200mg over a month or so.

Today, day 2, is worse than day 1. I think yesterday I was still kinda high, probably from all I had ingested lately took a while to get out of my body. Today I have a low key headache and body aches.

I'm surprised the difference between a vaping T break and a medible T break. The medible break for me is much worse.

daoist

Are your medibles all from the same strain? because if it is all from the same strain after 2 or 3 weeks it will not work anymore. I used to have this with vaping in the past when i always vaped my favorite strain and after 3 weeks nothing happend anymore.

If you always switch strains daily than your tolerance stays low. But of course you cannot always have the option if it is medibles from the pharmacy. Thats why i make my own edibles.

200mg a day that is an insane amount of weed (I think anyway). That would be over 1 gram of pretty strong weed per day. If I take 50mg in one intake I already go totally insane.

daoist,
Reactions: shredder

shredder

Are your medibles all from the same strain? because if it is all from the same strain after 2 or 3 weeks it will not work anymore. I used to have this with vaping in the past when i always vaped my favorite strain and after 3 weeks nothing happend anymore.

If you always switch strains daily than your tolerance stays low. But of course you cannot always have the option if it is medibles from the pharmacy. Thats why i make my own edibles.

200mg a day that is an insane amount of weed (I think anyway). That would be over 1 gram of pretty strong weed per day. If I take 50mg in one intake I already go totally insane.

My medibles are made from multiple strains. I usually have 6 or more varieties at one time. And typically I include cbd's in the mix. I make concentrates from popcorn buds and older buds, plus whole cbd plant buds and use these concentrates for medibles.

The dosage is a slippery slope. I used to get high with 18mg, then it just kept going up. I grow for and make medibles for patients so I'm always around it.

Lately what killed my tolerance was loaded chocolate bars I make. They are delicious and have no weed taste. I make them in 100 and 200 mg sizes. And I was eating a 100mg bar a day along with infused mct oil in coffee and whatnot.

I have patients that routinely use 100mg or more a day along with vaping/smoking. So it's not unusual, but everyone is different. In fact cancer patients using rso ramp up to a gram of rso per day.

I think everyone has a personal limit and when it gets out of whack it's time for a canna break.

I'm just surprised how different a medible canna break is from a vaping break.

justcametomind

To some extent I agree that switching strains may have pros, which I also have experienced, but if a strain became completely ineffective after 2/3 weeks of use, what would be of EU medical users who rely on the same strain for ever? Or people who medicate with synthetic Thc such as Dronabinol? Back to opioids after 3 weeks?
Perhaps terpenes have a role in the (partial) effectiveness of switching but tolerance apart, cannabinoids don’t lose their effect after years, let alone weeks of use.
More than anything imho the biggest clouding agent in this sort of misconceptions is the illicit/homegrown market where you don’t exactly know Thc rate of the available strain you have access to, and simply switch to higher Thc content or different Thc/Cbd ratios than before.
:2c:

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@justcametomind – „Effectiveness“ is different for medical cannabis users, they often don't want to be stoned when medicating for example their pain issues. Dronabinol is indeed strong stuff, but usually prescribed in dosages that don't make you high.

Siebter,

daoist

There is no such thing that anybody needs the same strain all the time If you need a kush you just take a couple of different kushes.
If you need a haze you take a couple of different hazes. You just need to surprise your receptors. And if flower is to weak, you can use a concentrate such as dabbing or hash.

And I would stay away from synthetics if i were you. Spice has killed many people and in the opiod department fentanyl is a killer to.
If there is a so called "doctor" that prescribes that shit than he or she is a quack. I have never heard about that dronabinol so i cannot comment on that, but if it is synthetic than it is crap.

All those synthetic drugs that kill everyone are invented by the (US) government and pharmaceutical industry by the way. So that probably why they don't do anything about it, because they are fucking psychos.

here is an interview with a spice addict: (that channel has got all kinds of interviews with people whos live went fubar).

Last edited:
daoist,

justcametomind

Dude Dronabinol isn't Spice, it is pharmaceutical synthetic thc and medical users get it out of prescription.
It's quite OT but if there's someone who should pay attention to Spice, is people buying from grey/black market.
As much as pharmaceutical industry is "bad" I doubt Bedrocan or Pedanios spray their MMJ with Spice before selling it to pharmacies, or spike synthetic thc with Spice, while there are many reports of apparently fine weed that's actually laced with research chemicals like Spice, which is not plain synthetic thc like Dronabinol is.

My point was that switching after 2-3 is not a rule but to each their own.

Last edited:

daoist

As far as I know, synthetic weed was all invented by the same guy John W. Huffman from the university of Clemson University.
He and is team developed over 400 different synthetic cannabinoids. Somehow this sounds to me that this is all derived from spice.
Maybe spice was not supposed to be released to the general public and it was maybe for research purposes only because I think you can kill an elephant with that stuff.

daoist,

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Just discovered a wonderful unintended and unexpected consequence of my cannabreak, now in its 14th day without vaping and 8th day without edibles. I just got on the scale and discovered I've lost ten pounds, all the weight I had gained this winter and was angry at myself about, mostly in the last week. Its particularly interesting because I've actually been exercising less--it ain't as much fun when I'm not high--since beginning the break. I'm guessing that its the much less snacking in the evening that's done this. Less stoned, less munchies, more control. I've now actually reached my two-week cannabreak goal, but I'm going to go a few more days because it looks like we're going to have our first warm sunny day since October on Wednesday. I'm gonna take a drive through the snowy mountains toking some nice sativa on my Crafty, hit my favorite brewpub for a burger, and wander up the Wilderness Trail. I'm psyched!
I lost weight after stopping and taking my month long tolerance break recently too, I figured out which strains I have that cause my to feel hungry and snack a lot.

Im not buying those again lol, it’s weird since I been on my tolerance break I have mostly stopped all snacking and reduces my sweets by a lot.

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
It’s that time again....... not that I haven’t had one in a long time but for the past few months I’ve only been taking 1 day and night off a week. Been feeling like that might not be enough? Not that my tolerance is getting crazy, which surprised me since I’ve been doing a little dabbing lately but I’m in such a sweet spot of low tolerance and thc sensitivity I get blasted off on next to nothing. This break will be longer but I haven’t decided how long yet, hopefully a week if not longer. This will be my first longer t break since before I quit smoking tobacco which was always what I dove into whenever I was on a break, these 1 day breaks have been ok and haven’t given me to much problems but not sure how this longer break will pan out. I’m anticipating poor sleep and a less then stellar appetite but hoping for some higher energy levels without the cannabis. I’m starting my break with cbd oil in the evening and taking a break from vaping at all, going to give myself a couple days to get through the worst of the cravings then a full cannabreak for the rest of the time off. Ideally I’d like to take 2-3 weeks off if I can hack it but depending on my appetite and if I loose any weight I won’t be able to continue. I’m not even sure what I want to get out of this break or why I chose today to start but I’m already 1 day in and I’m not stopping now. Got a flowerpot vrod coming some time soonish, might show up in the middle of my break but I think I have the willpower to resist it? At least for a bit and what a way to end the break with a new toy . Wish me luck coming out the other side lol

Bad Dog

Decided to change up the game plan? My LP just got cbg oil in and I've never had any so I ordered a bottle. I already f'ed up today and vaped some cbd, it was a long night with my dog she hates thunder storms 🌩 but no thc and I'm going to try and get back on the cbd oil tonight. Back to the cbg, should have it tomorrow and I'm going to be experimenting for the next several days! Should be a ideal time since I'm off thc. Other than my cbd slip my break is going okay and so long as I'm off thc I'm fine with a little cbd/ cbg for a little while anyway. Anyone with cbg experience for t breaks? Is it best on its own? Blended with cbd? I'm sure I'll experiment and see what I like best but I'm curious what everyone else thinks?

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Decided to change up the game plan? My LP just got cbg oil in and I've never had any so I ordered a bottle. I already f'ed up today and vaped some cbd, it was a long night with my dog she hates thunder storms 🌩 but no thc and I'm going to try and get back on the cbd oil tonight. Back to the cbg, should have it tomorrow and I'm going to be experimenting for the next several days! Should be a ideal time since I'm off thc. Other than my cbd slip my break is going okay and so long as I'm off thc I'm fine with a little cbd/ cbg for a little while anyway. Anyone with cbg experience for t breaks? Is it best on its own? Blended with cbd? I'm sure I'll experiment and see what I like best but I'm curious what everyone else thinks?
I just ordered an ounce of CBG flower can’t wait to try it. Everything I have read is that it enhances the effects of cbd/thc due to the entourage effect and its nature.

it should also be good solo just try it out both ways

I started vaping CbD hemp a few weeks ago during my month long break and it helped a lot.

it does help relax and some strains seem to uplift and make me focus.

also use it for sleep. Just ordered two other ounces trying to try a few place sout

Sour Dream,
Reactions: Bad Dog

Bad Dog

Flag on the play! Red card! Iceing!?! I can't believe I'm high :disgust: and at the same time this is not the first time I've accidentally gotten high when on a t break.

My mom was complaining she was having trouble with her tinymight and saying she was having a difficult time being able to hit it long enough to make vapour, so I thought today I'd better have a look. My first thought was for her to try the basket heater screen mod so I went to remove the screen but before I could do anything after removing the metal oven tube the thin oring became dislodged so maybe that was the problem? So I had a bigger problem on my hands, long story short I fixed the oring and did the heater mod.

Figured I better check my handy work so I went to my vape station to get some cbd, figured in for a penny in for a pound today since I already gave in today. Just then my mom came to my room and said she could really use a nap and could I watch my dad who has Alzheimer's so I went to hang out for a couple hours.

Fast forward to later I'm back in my room and I remember what I was doing so I grind a nug and go vape a bowl at ten............. holly crap what a hit......... to much of a hit! Checked the avb and its dark dark brown all the way through the load?!? I think to myself wtf happened this tinymight was recalibrated to be a perfect medium brown! Now I'm thinking what has gone wrong? So I loaded up another bowl and temp stepped and the performance was like I never recalibrated?!? Perplexed 😕 I was wondering if I needed to recalibrate again? How has that oring been like that? What should I do? I put the tinymight down and consider my opinions........... I catch myself smiling? I'm not happy 😊 I should be a little pissed off 😡 then I realized I felt good............ to good? Maybe my cbd was a little stronger than usual plus that 1 very high temp hit? So I go look at the bottle .06% thc, sometimes I use to get up to 1% but no so what happened?!?

Near as I can figure that nug by my grinder wasn't cbd, I don't think I actually took anything out of the jar before my mom came and got me......... I think that was a nug of skunk haze I left out a few days ago when I was still vaping because I wanted to see if the flavour was any different if it was dryer, must have left a nug out by my grinder for the next day but ended up starting my break. All I can say is thank goodness it wasn't the good stuff or I'd be high out of my mind instead of just very good and comfortable:cool:

So my break is a bit f'ed up! Now what? Continue with the break...... tomorrow, tonight maybe some thc oil but no vaping. So tomorrow I start fresh, at least I was only a few days in. I'd be mad at myself if I didn't feel so good and I'll get some sleep tonight so hopefully tomorrow I feel better but Thursday has been my break day for the past couple months anyway and I just can't afford to be high on my day to watch my dad so break regardless.

Bad Dog

Decided to end my break, yesterday was stressful and I had no appetite and forgot to eat and didn't realize until today. Went to bed early and woke up way too early at 1am, was awake till like quarter to 6 and got back in bed and just laying there until 9. Felt like death warmed over all day and still had no appetite. Just vaped my first bowl now because I need to feel better so I can eat something tonight cause I'm down a few pounds but I m not sure it's all from my break? Just before my break I was sick with a cold I caught from my niece for almost a work week I had only felt better for maybe 2 days before my break so I think that is where some of the weight loss happened. Probably wasn't the best time for a break but I felt ok at the time and even the first few days but everything seems to have gone to $#it after I accidentally vaped that skunk Haze but it's only like 6%thc and I wasn't super baked from it but maybe that was the catalyst moment of my failure this time. Going to vape for a bit and recover a bit better this time then break again soon.

rowbam

The past two weeks have been my longest break in a while due to starting a new job and having to take a drug test. I've definitely noticed a decline in my overall mood, been feeling more irritable / depressed. Looking forward to next week for some good news!

Bad Dog

Congratulations on your break, they are never easy but I find exerting a little control over my meds to be useful.

Bad Dog,
Reactions: rowbam
Top Bottom