• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Official CannaBreak Thread

Why are you on a CannaBreak?

• I want to lower my tolerance.

Votes: 147 57.4%
  • I want to save money.

Votes: 41 16.0%
  • I want to have more energy.

Votes: 37 14.5%
  • I feel apathetic/amotivated.

Votes: 46 18.0%
  • I want to see how being CannaFree affects my life.

Votes: 58 22.7%
  • Other (explain in thread) *Don't select this if you aren't on a break.

Votes: 24 9.4%
  • I've taken a CannaBreak (>7days) and noticed overall improvement in my life.

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • I've taken a CannaBreak (>7days) and didn't notice improvement in my life.

Votes: 53 20.7%

• Total voters

chris 71

thanks man , i hope you get your self better soon too . but ya defiantly my prob was my thyroid i got the blood test to prove it . my free t3 was to high . and it had been good for a few months before i took that break . i have been doubling my anti thyroid med and starting to feel better now .

the only thing i could find during my research on cannabis and thyroid hormones was a lowing effect which would be good for graves or hyper thyroid , but it didnt last long . and studies on long term heavy users show no effect on thyroid hormones .

so in my case although im not a doctor , but i will be discussing this with my thyroid doc .
what i think happened was that cannabis is known to be good for autoimmune diseases , which is what graves is . it has some effect on inflammation

here is some info although its from a cannabis friendly site , but there is plenty more to find from more sciencey type places lol

http://herb.co/2016/10/04/autoimmune-diseases/

anyway i really think it was helping keep it at bay some what . and maybe my anti thyriod med dose was a little low and working at a bit lower dose with the help of the cannabis . i didnt knowingly set out to find this out . by stopping my use . i just wanted to see if cannabis might have been a negative in my life . but i now have found it was actually a positive and i wont likely be doing this again .

i do wish you luck though and anyone eles that is having a prob with addiction and wanting to quit be it permanent or just a reset of receptors good luck everybody :leaf:

biohacker

Take good care of yourself Chris, i'm so happy that you are feeling better!!! I hope to see you back in the Grasshopper thread, since it's awesome for micro dosing or macro, I hope yours is working alot better coming back from RMA? I think you're on the right track now buddy! Respect!

Alexis

@chris 71 you are a nice guy very clearly. And you seem genuine and honest, and I like the way you put things so well, without being too complicated. I need a touch of that myself actually!:nod:

I really hope you can heal and love a good life and make great progress with your graves.
You already sound much more positive. I can ceratinly accept the notion that your cannabis use is working as a vital prop in maintaining balance and "homeostasis" as they say.

I do also think it is possible that the CBD oil was causing a dramatic healing reaction in you as it challenged your immune and possibly nervous system disorder.
CBD will be very powerful in some cases as it taps in to fix things.

Just a posssibility, not trying to advise you at all on what ro do. But I do believe tnere are cases where health issues make regular cannabis use more than beneficial, somethimes vital!

I genuinely believe that my use of clean weed over the last 12 years I have been unwell, played a large role over the years protecting me from more serious problems from the Lyme Disease.
Cannabis supreses Lyme and balances the nervous system irregularities.

I am actually very healthy underneath my current problems, despite highly restricted options for diet and supplement.
Im not arguing at all against the merits of breaking from weed, for the right reasons,,but at needs to be at the right time, and right for the indivdual.
Like fasting, it can have detrimental effects if the person is not in a ready condition for it, mentally prepared enough, or in my case actual fasting, needing the food and not the fast, the wrong course of action for me at the time.

I dont mean to draw this analogy directly, it just occured. It might sound like I am creeping in with an in denial stance, against the concept of breakning from weed.
But I think you know what I mean? Sometimes it dan be dangerous to break from weed, or too suddenly, for too long, without sufficient props and support.
And especially when there is a major physical condition which cannabinoids are holding at bay, and healing at same time.

@biohacker , sorry you are going through the wars at least every other day. Vut you are having good days!! :) And pretty often I would say! Good days are gold. This has just come to me, this concept. Count your good days, mark them on a calender, it is a great representation of how well you are doing, how far away you are.

These past 5 years, I have not really had ANY good days! Perhaps once in a blue moon, of feeling normal, relaxed, happy, well. And then not again for many many months if even within a year.
Before I got the permanent coxsackie viruses, that I keep geting again and again, in 2012, I did have lots of good days. I think I have forgot what good days are like lately, or that they even exist.

So hang in there man there are lots of good signs. You wont be able to see the full perspective on things right now, despite all your intution, intelligence, wisdom and vast knowledge base (way bigger than mine). You are in a compromised condition which is affecting you mentally. You know this I know that!;)
But it can still help when others can offer words of assurance and advice. And mine is to take some pressure off yourself. You dont need to know all the answers right now. Just keep gping in the right direction and let go as much as possible, and trust that things are progressing, and that no matter what there will be a viable and manageable route to follow, even if it invloves a "lesser evil" element until further options appear.

I dont mean to try and tell you anyhing Bro about what to think and believe and do. You know so so much man. In my case my enthusiasm for learning about things, health wise etc, has been massively stunted by the fact that .i can barely consume anything out there, food and medicine, supplement, diet wise etc.

So everything is just a tease, so I have to take my mind off these things and infos- it torments me when everytnimg is such a problem, useless info to assimilate.
So I really cant advise you bro. But I just feel I can be similar to you mentally in various situations. And I recognise and feel things in people, knowing I have been there, angusishing with the situation unable to let go of it mentally, just looking at a distance point and there seems to be no steady relief.
So yeah, not sure what Im trying to say really, just trying to help you with perspective. Im looking from a totally different angle right now, so maybe not at all helpful, as Im keepimg stoned moderately. I am going to Natasha on May 17, and can start my next homeopathy any time on whatever actual coxsackie viruses I did pick up recently.

So I will have another 30 day vapor break coming up in May or June. I would like to do a full break for 30 days. I used to do it all the time. And I could easily leave the edibles alone, except they just sort out my stomach and get me capable of eating food and moving bowles, like nothing else I can actually tolerate.

There are a trillion supplements and foods out there that would work great for keeping my system moving, but I cant tolearte anything! So that is my resl difficulty lately in a total break.
I have really gone off the edibles, but without it for even a few days, my food digestion is so hampered, and frequent indigestion means I need an edible dose sooner or later, just to eat!

And it really works every time- immediate appetite. Instant sensation of the gut contents beginning to be digested fully.
But I'll see. I will aim to break fully. I ceratinly will be having many days off, weeks if possible.
So I may have some more energy and purpose to join in here a bit more then.
I may not get to use my Herbo Ti for nearly 2 months you know, depending on when I get it, and when I take my 30 day vapor break.
End of June possibly!

chris 71

Alexis , thank you soo much for the kind words . and yes i do know what you mean .
some times there is only one way to find out for sure and that by trying and finding out what is best for your self . i wish you all the best and good health :peace:

biohacker

@biohacker , sorry you are going through the wars at least every other day. Vut you are having good days!! :) And pretty often I would say! Good days are gold. This has just come to me, this concept. Count your good days, mark them on a calender, it is a great representation of how well you are doing, how far away you are.

Thanks man that's a great idea. Yeah it seems like anytime I actually attain 5 hours of sleep (rarely getting more), it makes me hypomanic because I feel "normal" if that makes any sense? Then I have a great productive day (like yesterday, even went to the gym for the first time in 2 months), which guarantees an early wake up (10:15pm to 1:15am this morning) and another lousy painful day. Oh look at that, it's 4:20am again! :doh:

biohacker,
Reactions: Alexis

Smokey

Cloud Master
Hello! Just giving my 2 cents on having a canna break. I stopped combusting a couple of weeks ago after few years of returning to it, went back to my vapes for few days then convinced myself to stop cold turkey last friday. Last few days has been somewhat strange, I get really sweaty at nights, to the point I have to wake up and change my t-shirt and feel my bed and pillow moist...I did a bit of research and found this is actually pretty common...I also get vivid dreams (the norm) and have a bit of trouble falling asleep, it needs longer time...also I have disrupted sleep because i wake up 2-3 times per night and this steals at least a couple of hours of my sleep every night. I am still able to function at work, go to swim and skate...but this has taken my focus on the downsides of prolonged everyday use. I used to smoke about 2-3 joints per evening during week days and a bit more during weekends...never been a problem, always kept my job and relations during past 9 years, but somehow this experience is making me change my relationship with the herb since it has made me aware of the serious complications you can get when abusing. It all started as a t-break just to see how my mind would work without intoxicating agents (quit coffee and limiting alcohol too) but this is becoming something more deep and a bit scary too. Hope my chemical balance will work it out soon. I'll let you know how it goes. I don't think I'm never gonna use it again, since I like it a lot. But I do think when I'll come back to it, it would be in a much different and consious way. Far out mates, and good luck to everybody experiencing this weird trip.

biohacker

Thanks @Smokey really appreciate your contribution and sharing! Your experience is quite common as you know, and i'm a month + 11 days today and everything is pretty good except for my sleep. I can fall asleep no problem, but then constantly awake throughout the night and STILL sweating for the first half. It definitely sucks, but i'm still pushing forward... I feel like shit for the first half of the day, and then feel better. Like you, i'm not quitting forever, but just want to "reset" and get back to baseline and then completely restructure my relationship with micro dosing very small amounts infrequently.

I tested myself yesterday, and am starting to see a faint 2nd line on the test which means i'm pretty much testing clean or very close to it (in about a week I will) but still am not really dreaming or at least remembering. Maybe my few nights of REM rebound was it, because i'm now only getting "micro sleeps".

My girlfriend on the other hand who is 1 week behind me in her break and only micro dosed .1g once per night is doing great and sleeping fine, but she never really had the sleeping issues I have had in the past, so perhaps i'm just "unmedicated", but i'm pretty sure it's still just withdrawal, but i'll know more when I break my current past decade record of 7 weeks. Can't wait for 2 months clean!

Be sure to come and update Smokey and thanks again bro! :rockon:

EverythingsHazy

Hello! Just giving my 2 cents on having a canna break. I stopped combusting a couple of weeks ago after few years of returning to it, went back to my vapes for few days then convinced myself to stop cold turkey last friday. Last few days has been somewhat strange, I get really sweaty at nights, to the point I have to wake up and change my t-shirt and feel my bed and pillow moist...I did a bit of research and found this is actually pretty common...I also get vivid dreams (the norm) and have a bit of trouble falling asleep, it needs longer time...also I have disrupted sleep because i wake up 2-3 times per night and this steals at least a couple of hours of my sleep every night. I am still able to function at work, go to swim and skate...but this has taken my focus on the downsides of prolonged everyday use. I used to smoke about 2-3 joints per evening during week days and a bit more during weekends...never been a problem, always kept my job and relations during past 9 years, but somehow this experience is making me change my relationship with the herb since it has made me aware of the serious complications you can get when abusing. It all started as a t-break just to see how my mind would work without intoxicating agents (quit coffee and limiting alcohol too) but this is becoming something more deep and a bit scary too. Hope my chemical balance will work it out soon. I'll let you know how it goes. I don't think I'm never gonna use it again, since I like it a lot. But I do think when I'll come back to it, it would be in a much different and consious way. Far out mates, and good luck to everybody experiencing this weird trip.
I know what you mean about reevaluating your relationship with Cannabis. I started a break purely to monitor changes in motivation, and things spiraled from there.
Good luck, @Smokey.

biohacker

What about the Sein!? :nod:

Many things aren't as enjoyable without cannabis IME! Like almost everything :lol: Everyone has to determine their own balance and needs based on that as well as medical needs IMO.

Now back to the Break..... I know it's weird, but it's almost like I "forget" what it's like to even be medicated! I mean I know it's awesome and feels good, but it's been so long it's like it's hard to believe the past decade just vanished in one big fat vapour cloud! I was a very heavy user. I have zero cravings, but miss it time to time here and there. My sleeping has not changed, just as shitty now as when I was vaping hardcore.

Alexis

What about the Sein!? :nod:

Many things aren't as enjoyable without cannabis IME! Like almost everything :lol: Everyone has to determine their own balance and needs based on that as well as medical needs IMO.

Now back to the Break..... I know it's weird, but it's almost like I "forget" what it's like to even be medicated! I mean I know it's awesome and feels good, but it's been so long it's like it's hard to believe the past decade just vanished in one big fat vapour cloud! I was a very heavy user. I have zero cravings, but miss it time to time here and there. My sleeping has not changed, just as shitty now as when I was vaping hardcore.
It could be that due to your level of unquestioned discipline seeing you through this to the end, and the fact that this is your hearts desire right now, that you dont have cravings as they are firmly under lock and key.

You know you will likely be vaping again at some nearish future point, and you arent at all desperate or anxious or in a hurry, while unfolding developments keep your focus.

Maybe a part of you is even reluctant to use weed again as you continue to assess all areas of your life.
Just thoughts anyway. There are trillions of foods I adore I had to stop even thinking existed years ago to this day. I just cant have them, I dont even want them because of what they mean, and the consequences.

So I simply dont tease myself and salivate for them. But as soon as something is an option, the saliva can come to life.
Im not meaning to detract from the point you are making here, it is valid Im sure and worth exploring. Just another side.
Anway, here is my dinner tonight:

Raw carrot, steamed asparagus, baked potato, green olives and tinned tuna with a yummy curry sauce. Olive oil and salt and cinnamon sprinkle to come.
Well yummy people! :nod: Stay strong breakers, have good evenings!:)

hoptimum

I'm on an "enforced" break due to traveling to Japan, which is extremely unfriendly to cannabis. To my amazement, I discovered I didn't miss it at all, or even think about it. Maybe because Japan is such a mindblowing place to be I didnt need any artificial stimulants. I did rediscover vivid dreams, though, which I had lost due to cannabis, I think. Now I have to choose between herb and vivid dreams and its not an easy decision.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It's a valid point, certainly the metaphysical properties of a "dream killer" plant are quite deep.

invertedisdead,

biohacker

Rem cycles decrease with age regardless, and those vivid dreams are more than likely a product of REM rebound, and will quell with time. And you probably still have them, just simply don't remember them. Also remember that REM isn't "deep sleep" and it's not even known to be essential, but probably more to do with memory than restoration.

I still think that regular cannabis users appear "more tired" than non users. I've mentioned eye bags in the past, and Marc Emery lmao.

As for Japan, I agree no stimulation required artificial or natural, especially when it comes to the girls! :mmmm:

I admit a weakness greater than Cannabis!! :smug:

EverythingsHazy

I'm on an "enforced" break due to traveling to Japan, which is extremely unfriendly to cannabis. To my amazement, I discovered I didn't miss it at all, or even think about it. Maybe because Japan is such a mindblowing place to be I didnt need any artificial stimulants. I did rediscover vivid dreams, though, which I had lost due to cannabis, I think. Now I have to choose between herb and vivid dreams and its not an easy decision.

It's a valid point, certainly the metaphysical properties of a "dream killer" plant are quite deep.

I enjoy waking euphoria much more than vivid dreams, unless the dreams are completely lucid, which is amazing.

That said, @invertedisdead brings up an interesting point. Dreams have a lot more value than just enjoyment.

EverythingsHazy,

hoptimum

Rem cycles decrease with age regardless, and those vivid dreams are more than likely a product of REM rebound, and will quell with time. And you probably still have them, just simply don't remember them. Also remember that REM isn't "deep sleep" and it's not even known to be essential, but probably more to do with memory than restoration.

I still think that regular cannabis users appear "more tired" than non users. I've mentioned eye bags in the past, and Marc Emery lmao.

As for Japan, I agree no stimulation required artificial or natural, especially when it comes to the girls! :mmmm:

I admit a weakness greater than Cannabis!! :smug:

We were visiting my daughter and I thought it would be a good time for a T break. I booked flights, airbnb, etc, and I wanted to start off in the middle of Tokyo. So I thought, "Shibuya sounds interesting," without knowing what we were getting into. I booked us an airbnb smack dab in the middle in "love hotel hill." First thing I see after getting off the train from the airport is what I called "The Hex," possibly the craziest intersection anywhere, where a thousand people per traffic light cycle converge from six directions simultaneously, and somehow avoid collisions. I was very happy I wasn't medicated in the middle of all that.
I agree about the "more tired" remark. Not imbibing, I slept like a baby and felt refreshed every day, although my wife and daughter complained I snored too much.

biohacker

Well it's official, i'm CLEAN! :rockon: Just did some more digging, and apparently ANY sort of second line means undetectable levels of whatever metabolite they test for! Regardless of how "dark" it is.

Perhaps this can explain why I had such wicked REM Rebound last night! Wow! Slept about 4.5hours deep, and then a couple of hours of toss and turn but light dream state sleep (rem), and it was one dream after another! Super weird dreams but all awesome and no nightmares!

In another week i'll have tied my record for abstaining in the past decade! Hoping for more good things to come! :nod:

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I have been a HEAVY user since I was a youth.
I take breaks all the time with not much withdrawal symptoms, just get a little moody for a day and then the crazy dreams start haha. I never understood the crazy withdrawal some ppl say but we are all different.

This month I am officially over the one year mark for not combusting or drinking a sip of alcohol. Easier to do when your Messed up on cancer treatments all day but still that is the longest I have ever gone now.

Longest canna break was about six months. One was when I moved to a different country tho.

No breaks for me anymore tho since this fucking disease is coming for me it looks like.

I find even 24 hour breaks help a lot sometimes for tolerance. When you start getting too deep sometimes you don't realize you are already medicated and it becomes more a force of habit.

Moderation and balance is key to everything

EverythingsHazy

I have been a HEAVY user since I was a youth.
I take breaks all the time with not much withdrawal symptoms, just get a little moody for a day and then the crazy dreams start haha. I never understood the crazy withdrawal some ppl say but we are all different.

This month I am officially over the one year mark for not combusting or drinking a sip of alcohol. Easier to do when your Messed up on cancer treatments all day but still that is the longest I have ever gone now.

Longest canna break was about six months. One was when I moved to a different country tho.

No breaks for me anymore tho since this fucking disease is coming for me it looks like.

I find even 24 hour breaks help a lot sometimes for tolerance. When you start getting too deep sometimes you don't realize you are already medicated and it becomes more a force of habit.

Moderation and balance is key to everything
Damn, man. Good luck with your cancer. I hope it clears up for you.

As for 24hr breaks...They definitely seem to help. 48hr breaks, even more so (obviously).

However, I think that >7 days is needed to experience a very significant clearing up of residual cannabinoids in the body (including active THC), because only after several days, did I notice a clearer feeling and more energy. If you're using it for cancer, it might not be worth it, though.

Smokey

Cloud Master
I'm sorry to hear of your illness mate, hope you will sort it out, with a little help of our friend...Stay strong!

A little update, it's been a little over a week now, night sweating has greatly reduced in last 2 days, my sleep is still unstable and I still wake up 2-3 times per night, but i'm able to fall back asleep faster now. I make several dreams per night, especially regarding my ex-gf, I guess this is because I buried last few months' pain in a cloud of smoke and now my subconscious is getting busy. I also make some nice dreams though, so it's ok. I feel more motivated during the day, I have few pains in my muscles but skateboarding is not helping xD so I blame that to it. I also go to swim and make myself busy with producing music and playing videogames or reading. My head and eyes are feeling clearer day by day, I get less cloudy moments during the day and I'm able to stay more focused on work too, even though my short term memory has always been shit even before I started my relationship with MJ so there are little hopes for that :D
I also had extensive talking to my closest friends (that still combust ofc) and I got them to think about their daily relationship with the herb too, even though everyone is unique and by no means I'm forcing anything. In fact yesterday evening my mate asked me to roll a joint for him since he got sweaty hands, and I did no problem, with no urge whatsoever and no temptations so I'm feeling good.
I'm finding myself content with what I'm doing, first days I was always moody and not satisfied because I couldn't get my treat at the end of the day, but it's passing and it feels great!
Will let you know when I reach 1 month mark ;) have a nice day everybody, lots of love.

EverythingsHazy

Day 70.... There have been no perceptible changes since Day 31, aside from being a bit more used to being stone sober all of the time. It's still boring. There is no increase in energy, after the first few weeks, and there is no motivation increase at all. Only think I'm concerned about is brain damage (white matter/hippocampus mainly, but other parts as well).

Also, interestingly enough, this is the first time there has been a 2 vote lead, in a while, for these two options:
  1. I've taken a CannaBreak (>7days) and noticed overall improvement in my life.
    8 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. I've taken a CannaBreak (>7days) and didn't notice improvement in my life.
    6 vote(s)
    17.6%

Smokey

Cloud Master
Jesus Christ on rocketskates....I'm gonna need a lobotomy in order to stop dreaming. Too many days I wake up confused and melanchonic because of dreaming of my ex...this is getting really though...I just woke up and I'm seriously depressed...I know it's just momentary but damn...I wasn'n depressed over her like this in months and now it's coming back like a Kamehameha on my face. This is seriously the worst effect of my break so far. Hope my subconscious will work it out soon :,(

Top Bottom