The Nomad From Morwood

fangorn

hey all, I'm (finally) prepping my nomad 2 #18 to (reluctantly) sell.

Can someone please remind me which heater module is which? One has a red dot... I'm assuming it's the "high" one, but I had it stored in the "low" tube...probably just to confuse myself lol.

I'm about to post it in the classified section, but I can't get my pics to upload to imgur for some reason.

Thanks in advance!
Try imgbb !

SinfulRoad

If not in Feb, I think it has to be at least in the first half of 2024. A lot of the important work has been done and it really looks like he's now onto the final steps (final shaping of the bodies, finishing some parts, assembling everything, etc.). I'm optimistic about it this time.

It is pretty crazy to think we paid 4 years ago though! It's been long enough that I've had time to take a year long break from cannabis, start vaping again, finish my college degree, start my career, etc.
It's not the end of the world. It'll be a nice surprise when I get it. Didn't lose my job during COVID 2020, so I just view it as using that bonus pandemic money. But I also got a pleasant surprise last night that I just woke up to, won a Toad in the Toad lottery, so I feel a little bad that I'll have two of Dan's works of art while others have none.

PossumMD

I woulda bought that in a heartbeat, even for the elevated price and the fact it's not what I ordered. But alas, it only shipped in the continental US...

PossumMD,
Reactions: Copacetic

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
If not in Feb, I think it has to be at least in the first half of 2024. A lot of the important work has been done and it really looks like he's now onto the final steps (final shaping of the bodies, finishing some parts, assembling everything, etc.). I'm optimistic about it this time.

It is pretty crazy to think we paid 4 years ago though! It's been long enough that I've had time to take a year long break from cannabis, start vaping again, finish my college degree, start my career, etc.
We've nearly recovered from a pandemic since I've paid haha

seriousTone

ok, well here is what the universe allowed me to catch!

It should arrive the first next business day!!
I can't wait for Christmas to be over 🤣 no, that's not true... I'm going to enjoy it with the children... and I'm at peace!!

Happy December 24th everyone,
happy vaping everyone! 💚
Dude! You might be the first in the world to have a full Morwood collection!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Check out 508phineas @Vlad the Inhaler light blue cooling stems like the one he made me custom for my toad a while ago, he finally was able to make more and have some available on his website pyrohightech now!

fangorn

Dude! You might be the first in the world to have a full Morwood collection!

Hey dude !

yeah I have a doubt if I'm the first... but in any case, it's not very important..

I just have an incredible feeling!!

These are just magnificent pieces...

I can't deny that I spent a day or two in "I'm the king of the world" mode.

This is how I feel 🤣:

jds

Hey dude !

yeah I have a doubt if I'm the first... but in any case, it's not very important..

I just have an incredible feeling!!

These are just magnificent pieces...

I can't deny that I spent a day or two in "I'm the king of the world" mode.

This is how I feel 🤣:

One Nomad is probably enough to feel like this, with all the wait we've been through!

fangorn

One Nomad is probably enough to feel like this, with all the wait we've been through!
yeah I agree on that!
receiving any device from Dan is just an incredible adrenaline shot...

I am truly aware of how lucky I am every time I pick up my Nomad... and that only fades very little over time!

RxPlorer

yeah I agree on that!
receiving any device from Dan is just an incredible adrenaline shot...

I am truly aware of how lucky I am every time I pick up my Nomad... and that only fades very little over time!
Did the wood need significant reconditioning after all? What are you planning to do to condition it?

RxPlorer,
Reactions: jds

fangorn

hey @RxPlorer !

No, for the Nomad 1, the wood was in very good condition after all! The cocobolo necklace probably didn't even need care. And the Canadian maple burl body was good but benefited from the treatment. The colors are a little more vibrant, with more nuances.

I wiped it with water and a little white vinegar. I dried it immediately. and I applied a layer of "walrus oil" (mixture of beeswax, coconut oil, mineral oil, vitamin E).
I left it for about an hour before trying it.

And for the sleeve painted with milk paint, the same, I apply the same mixture and wipe it gently.

also, all metal parts of the Nomad 1 were oxidized, including contact points. This negatively affects performance. so I think that even if I had wanted to use it that way it would have been unusable..
First, I cleaned the contact points. And I partially left the patina present. During a second cleaning, I cleaned everything a little more.

There you go... one treatment session was enough... but I've had 3 in 1 and a half months.
I plan to use it a lot so I'm going to try to take the sleeve as far as possible!

So.
and the Nomad 2 hasn't arrived yet.
I think the black wood should work just fine. And we'll see about the figured walnut wood.
I couldn't get an idea from the seller's photos.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
My post is live in the classifieds if anyone's interested. 🙏🏼

Happy holidaze y'all

Congrats to the new owner of that spalted beauty and congrats to @NOLOGO on the sale ... I know it had to hurt a bit to let it go

Screenshot-20231230-185923-Chrome.jpg

NOLOGO

Congrats to the new owner of that spalted beauty and congrats to @NOLOGO on the sale ... I know it had to hurt a bit to let it go

Screenshot-20231230-185923-Chrome.jpg
thanks @NYC_Frank!

yeah I was really hoping to have this beauty as a keepsake for life. So in that regards I am very sad to have sold it.
I am happy though that it's going to a good home where it'll be used as it should be, instead of simply being admired.

I hope y'all FCers have a happy new year!
And for those of you in the current batch on the wait-list, I hope 2024 becomes the year your nomads find their way home!

jds

Happy New Year 2024 to everyone. May we all see it as positively as possible!

Nomad #008 reporting.
1st outing for him in ages. and it passed the negative temperature test.
we want more 😁

Very nice!

My Nomad works better than I expected in sub-zero temperature. Obviously it's not as performant as in summer, but I was surprised by how well the herb vaporizes despite being all convection. I had way more troubles with other vapes like the Arizer ArGo which is just totally useless in winter for me.

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
what is the best way to get on a wait list/place an order? I left an IG message a while ago but never heard back.

VapeKnight,
Reactions: jds

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
Orders for the nomad 2 are closed for now. The intention seems to be that they'll reopen at some stage in the future when the current orders are done, and there will absolutely be a significant price rise.
I wonder, is the price raise going to be after they reopen? I figured it was going to be after the next batch.

rnartian,

PossumMD

I wonder, is the price raise going to be after they reopen? I figured it was going to be after the next batch.
You don't have to wonder, dan covered that in a post in this thread a little while back. 99% sure I remember him saying the increase will happen when the next batches are preordered though. Which makes sense to me, cos it doesn't make sense to just leave the price as is and take on more orders when the whole point of the increase is because making them isn't profitable....

Top Bottom