The Nomad From Morwood

fangorn

I mean, this shits me cos I've done the right thing, paid my money, and have been waiting literal years. But I also don't hate this...
yeah I know some people waited 3 years or more... and I think my luck is a bit indecent...

if FC was not my main friend, I would have waited at least until batch 2 was released before posting here... but Fc is my main friend...

and it's a difficult pleasure to keep for me!

PossumMD

yeah I know some people waited 3 years or more... and I think my luck is a bit indecent...

if FC was not my main friend, I would have waited at least until batch 2 was released before posting here... but Fc is my main friend...

and it's a difficult pleasure to keep for me!
No shade meant on my behalf hahahahaha. Wasn't directed at you! You got one and I'll always be jealous of that, but that's kinda where it ends. And just for those of us winare in the waitlist I know it's not fair of me but I always go "I didn't even order exotuc wood!!!". Legit all my woods were the basic ones. I just loved them. And as my mate said when I asked his advice "it's stupid expensive anyway, the fancier wood doesn't add much price wise, just go what you like".

attackpoints

well... I think some people will hate me... or at least be, rightly, very jealous...

but that's it... I COMPLETED THE DAN MORRISON COLLECTION... 😍

I was lucky enough to catch one of my favorite Nomad 2 !
It is currently in a truck or a plane... and is getting closer to my house...
it should land before 2024 😁

Merry Christmas ♥️💚🧑‍🎄

PS: I anticipated and I have already invested in anti-voodoo protection...

edit: @attackpoints , you may have contributed to my luck in one way or another regarding the alignment of the planets... so... Thanks!
Wow merry Christmas my friend!!! I didn't think it would happen so soon. I know you won't be stingy with the photos 😁

fangorn

Wow merry Christmas my friend!!! I didn't think it would happen so soon. I know you won't be stingy with the photos 😁

Hey dude !! Thanks!

actually, I thought I would wait 2 or 3 years before having another opportunity...
so grab a Nomad 2 which is on my podium...🤤

and yes... I'm trying to hold back so as not to fuel any bad feelings this Christmas time, but the photos will obviously come!
as usual, Dan's photos are incredible... I've been looking at them several times a day since I paid two weeks ago 🤣

Merry Christmas to you my friend !

fangorn

ok, well here is what the universe allowed me to catch!

It should arrive the first next business day!!
I can't wait for Christmas to be over 🤣 no, that's not true... I'm going to enjoy it with the children... and I'm at peace!!

Happy December 24th everyone,
happy vaping everyone! 💚

jds

ok, well here is what the universe allowed me to catch!

It should arrive the first next business day!!
I can't wait for Christmas to be over 🤣 no, that's not true... I'm going to enjoy it with the children... and I'm at peace!!

Happy December 24th everyone,
happy vaping everyone! 💚

Wow!! That is a beautiful wood combo. The wood grain on the body is amazing, and I'm sure pictures don't even do it justice.

On an unrelated note, has anyone asked for their Nomad button to be an opal? I think I haven't seen that kind of button yet in pictures on here, though I may be mistaken.

fangorn

Yes it’s clear, the wood grain looks beautiful!
it's crazy to see before / after... we see how Dan's final work enhances the wood!

if you look closely... you get the impression that there is relief/water in certain places!
I can't wait to see what it looks like in real life!

and yes, once the wood has been renourished...I'm sure it will outperform Dan's photos...I expect to have some palpitations...and a feverish hand!!

Édit : and the collar seems to have a lighter line, which goes well with the figured walnut bodies... well this line is perfectly placed to refer to the tones of the body!

Last edited:

Electrofever

One beautiful Nomad has a new owner. I do love the un-cotted pic, gives a good idea of what goes through after that to end up with such a marvel ! Happy Christmas !

fangorn

Congratulations! Not only did you score both Nomad styles, each is a beautiful commission in its own right. Such clear, considered aesthetic choices, it’s surprising the owners let them go. 🫡

You should celebrate with a custom title. “Of Mor(woo)dor,” perhaps? “Mostwood?”

Thanks cx74!
I agree ! They are individually marvels.
well, regarding the choices...
for Nomad 1, Dan had a theme and carte blanche... so it's no wonder everything was so harmonious! and his owner stopped using thc around the time he got his Nomad... so it spent a few years in a drawer I guess. It makes separation less difficult!
and the nomad 2... well, its owner had great taste 😍
its owner no longer uses it either. I'm sure he's a great person. I am happy, really, about our meeting.

I spotted a Nomad 2 which left me speechless... and probably would have made me rethink my choices... but I'm pretty sure I would have chosen a figured walnut body. and I will certainly have hesitated for a long time between dark or light woods for the stem collar and for the lower plate!...
so it's kind of like I got my number one or two option...it's just incredibly lucky!

and in fact... I actually had the fact that my quest was complete with a custom title... I just didn't accept it for very long 🤣

One beautiful Nomad has a new owner. I do love the un-cotted pic, gives a good idea of what goes through after that to end up with such a marvel ! Happy Christmas !

I really agree! I love being able to go back through the Nomad thread and find archives of the construction of this Nomad 2! Maybe I can try to recover the updates from batch 1... 🤔

Merry Christmas to you too ! and happy vaping!

Lol, I had a similar thought, but my suggestion would be "Well Known Unicorn Hunter" or something similar.

haha! ok.. well as said above... I didn't take it for long, but I had found something similar!

“self-proclaimed luckiest unicorn hunter”

Last edited:

fangorn

On an unrelated note, has anyone asked for their Nomad button to be an opal? I think I haven't seen that kind of button yet in pictures on here, though I may be mistaken.
I think there is an opal button on this page... but I could be wrong!

edit: also on this page, on a nomad 2 this time

Last edited:

Duba

Accessory Maker
Yeah those Nomads are beautiful. Hopefully we'll get our batch 2 in Feb, but not holding my breath. But at that point, I'll have paid almost 4 years ago.
the end of the tunnel isn't far off, even if you can't see the light yet...

How it works for batch3? Have people already paid? Is work already underway? Is it confirmed that there will be a batch 3 in production? i'm curious to know.

PossumMD

How it works for batch3? Have people already paid? Is work already underway? Is it confirmed that there will be a batch 3 in production? i'm curious to know.
Heh. Lol. So, yeah, I'm in batch 3. Paid back in mid 2021. As far as I'm aware, work is not underway as he's focused on finishing batch 2.

jds

Yeah those Nomads are beautiful. Hopefully we'll get our batch 2 in Feb, but not holding my breath. But at that point, I'll have paid almost 4 years ago.

If not in Feb, I think it has to be at least in the first half of 2024. A lot of the important work has been done and it really looks like he's now onto the final steps (final shaping of the bodies, finishing some parts, assembling everything, etc.). I'm optimistic about it this time.

It is pretty crazy to think we paid 4 years ago though! It's been long enough that I've had time to take a year long break from cannabis, start vaping again, finish my college degree, start my career, etc.

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
If not in Feb, I think it has to be at least in the first half of 2024. A lot of the important work has been done and it really looks like he's now onto the final steps (final shaping of the bodies, finishing some parts, assembling everything, etc.). I'm optimistic about it this time.

It is pretty crazy to think we paid 4 years ago though! It's been long enough that I've had time to take a year long break from cannabis, start vaping again, finish my college degree, start my career, etc.
Same. It's wild how far we've come haha

Hagbard Celine

I'm in batch 3, and paid almost exactly 3 years ago. I doubt the production of batch 3 is underway yet, but supposedly it will still happen. Staying put in line for now as its not clear if we would be able to even get a nomad after this - that's the only thing keeping me from asking for money back at this point.

I keep hoping Dan just decides one day to concentrate all effort into knocking all of these Nomads out. Seems like this would be a nice thing to have behind you , and then he can concentrate on whatever the next thing is.

NOLOGO

hey all, I'm (finally) prepping my nomad 2 #18 to (reluctantly) sell.

Can someone please remind me which heater module is which? One has a red dot... I'm assuming it's the "high" one, but I had it stored in the "low" tube...probably just to confuse myself lol.

I'm about to post it in the classified section, but I can't get my pics to upload to imgur for some reason.

Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom