The Nomad From Morwood

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
@Ramahs , Oh totally! There are still trichomes covering the stems, what I'm saying is that the trichomes are on the outside of the plant, that's all.

This is all just talking about grind size, and whether or not there is a benefit to exposing the inside of the plant material to heat. And I don't really have a strong preference either way.

BigJr48

I searched for a review vid on YT but there's none talking about the unit/creator, how to use, load, draw resistance etc. etc.

BigJr48,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Hm if stuff is indeed produced directly in the glandular head and not at the base of the stalk, then maybe indeed the question is legitimate.

But all parts of immature plants do smell too. I wonder if it all comes from other kinds of hair like non-glandular structures or if there's more inside the epidermal cells themselves...

I knew research made huge progress lately, but I had no idea how far it went. Pretty interesting. The few old books I have around in my shelf clearly were not as advanced.

Vaporware

You can also use Google or some other search engines like this:

search term site:https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-nomad-from-morwood.21143

Replacing “search term” with whatever you want to search for. This helps a lot when you’re trying to search for 3 letter words that the site’s search feature excludes.

I’ll answer a few questions quickly though:

The creator is @Dan Morrison .

The user’s guide was linked again just a page or two back, but it works basically like other unregulated stem-based convection vaporizers such as the Milaana or Li’l Bud. You just load the stem, stick it in the hole, press the button to heat and let go of the button to stop heating. Adjust your draw speed to get the right heat level.

Draw resistance is low from what I’ve heard, but you can add resistance in a few different ways if you prefer it.

Aryeah

Vape Man
Hello All,

I am new to the forum and absolutely love the Nomad II. I hope I get put on the list soon. I just DM'ed Dan to see if he will add me. I do know it will take a long time to receive one, but it is worth the wait and I will be so happy to use one. His wood working skills are so on point.

These are beautiful works of art.

RxPlorer

Dan mentioned in his Nomad ll introductory email that he estimates producing about 30 units per batch at about 90 day completion time per batch. Not sure if that’s changed at all.

There were about 200 people on the wait list in front of me when I signed up in December ‘20 (the before-times)

Last edited:
RxPlorer,
Reactions: Copacetic

seriousTone

Dan mentioned in his Nomad ll introductory email that he estimates producing about 30 units per batch at about 90 day completion time per batch. Not sure if that’s changed at all.

There were about 200 people on the wait list in front of me when I signed up in December ‘20 (the before-times)
I don't even know but I was surprised to come back and see he wasn't done with batch 1 yet honestly.

And I mean no offense, his work is masterful and takes time and who knows what else he does when not working on them--i think it's safe to assume a lot though ha.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Here is my in-depth review (more pictures coming this weekend) - the Nomad II rocks completely. I love the high heater - just that much quick and hits harder. Very precise control over how the material is being heated. The inside of the chamber is very efficient so once it's up to temp, I take my finger off the button and feather the bottom hole. This gives me at least 5 more seconds drawing that is producing vapor. I can feel the chamber cool off using this method and know when to stop.

I like the way the material cooks up. I'm still perfecting the pack - looser is better. I tend to push the stem with the packing end into the loose material so there is more compaction than is probably desired but what the heck.

Love the vape. Using it 110% of the time (I don't know what the 10% is for but I just wanted to do something physically impossible just once!!).

For me the beauty and workmanship is stunning. It's all the more fun when I get high and use it. Wow.

Dan - what about that retirement thing. Can you offer that as an option?

David

Plus pro tip from Dan - the bottom can be reversed to disable the electrical current - a safety. It's so easy and satisfying with the magnetic click. Also, it's way easy to do in the dark without looking. Just remember to have the open end facing up so the heater and battery don't fall out. Simple and not extra buttons or crap like that. Love it.

NOLOGO

Great to hear.

@madhockeydad So do you see yourself using the regular heater in the future or does the high heater seem to be able to provide any kind of hit you need?
I'm curious about this too, as right now I only have the low heater on order.

I tend to take lower temp sippy hits on my devices, unless I run through water which I don't plan on doing with my nomad II

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Great to hear.

@madhockeydad So do you see yourself using the regular heater in the future or does the high heater seem to be able to provide any kind of hit you need?

Not sure. I had thought of ordering another high from Dan to have a backup - that may be the answer right there. I think I like the faster aspect and that it's hotter. Likely I will use it mostly going forward. I have had the device about a week now - about half of the week at first was with the low heater. It is cool the way they are designed because it's super easy to change out and all the heated elements are contained. It's really no cost effort to switch them out - as simple as changing the battery so that is cool.

I'm leaning to high all the time (well of course high all the time but I meant the high heater).

Mr. Me2

I’ll weigh in since I’m one of the lucky ones with a Nomad II and both heaters. I’m happy to have both and I may be in the minority, but so far I prefer the low heater. I don’t mind the extra heat up time and I find it has better flavor.

I haven’t heard Dan complain about making heaters, so support him and buy both. Each heater is another work of art in its own way.

Aryeah

Vape Man
I just confirmed my order earlier in the week and asked for both heaters. My preference is to pull faster for a shorter amount of time. I have the arizer air 2 and you have to pull really slow for a long amount of time to get good vapor and it still is pretty whispy..

seriousTone

I'm curious about this too, as right now I only have the low heater on order.

I tend to take lower temp sippy hits on my devices, unless I run through water which I don't plan on doing with my nomad II

Not sure. I had thought of ordering another high from Dan to have a backup - that may be the answer right there. I think I like the faster aspect and that it's hotter. Likely I will use it mostly going forward. I have had the device about a week now - about half of the week at first was with the low heater. It is cool the way they are designed because it's super easy to change out and all the heated elements are contained. It's really no cost effort to switch them out - as simple as changing the battery so that is cool.

I'm leaning to high all the time (well of course high all the time but I meant the high heater).

I’ll weigh in since I’m one of the lucky ones with a Nomad II and both heaters. I’m happy to have both and I may be in the minority, but so far I prefer the low heater. I don’t mind the extra heat up time and I find it has better flavor.

I haven’t heard Dan complain about making heaters, so support him and buy both. Each heater is another work of art in its own way.
Thanks for the replies.

Yeah honestly, the stressing between which to get is signal enough to just get both.

I also like small sipping hits. I'm mainly a microdoser and can get 2 days from a mflb bowl. But then again I want to end up with dark dark brown abv.

So if anything I could use the low and instead of using up battery waiting for the herb to get darker, I'll just switch to the hot.

Here is my in-depth review (more pictures coming this weekend) - the Nomad II rocks completely. I love the high heater - just that much quick and hits harder. Very precise control over how the material is being heated. The inside of the chamber is very efficient so once it's up to temp, I take my finger off the button and feather the bottom hole. This gives me at least 5 more seconds drawing that is producing vapor. I can feel the chamber cool off using this method and know when to stop.

I like the way the material cooks up. I'm still perfecting the pack - looser is better. I tend to push the stem with the packing end into the loose material so there is more compaction than is probably desired but what the heck.

Love the vape. Using it 110% of the time (I don't know what the 10% is for but I just wanted to do something physically impossible just once!!).

For me the beauty and workmanship is stunning. It's all the more fun when I get high and use it. Wow.

Dan - what about that retirement thing. Can you offer that as an option?

David

Plus pro tip from Dan - the bottom can be reversed to disable the electrical current - a safety. It's so easy and satisfying with the magnetic click. Also, it's way easy to do in the dark without looking. Just remember to have the open end facing up so the heater and battery don't fall out. Simple and not extra buttons or crap like that. Love it.
Thank you for a well thought out review. The more individuals like yourself that post your experiences, the more I learn. Hopefully by the time it’s my turn to receive the NM II, the learning curve will be less steep. I've not any experience with an on- demand vape. If you have both the high and the low heater what’s your take? If you had to choose one or the othe, which and why.

Edit; reading through the thread, most of my inquiries have been answered. Looks like both heaters seem to be the way to go. 🙃

namasteIII

The new method for hard off is the thing I am most jealous of the nomad II for. I don't love the nomad 1 method of hard off where you swivel the connector bridge to the side of the heater and the battery. You have turn the screw tighter then usual to actually hold the battery since the edge is lower then the raised connection point on the battery. This kinda messes with the resistance of the screw. You could leave it loose, but then I feel like things could slide around and possibly make a connection. Dan said this won't happen because there is no force being applied in that area to move things. I know he is correct but don't love how the hard off doesn't feel fully 100% secure. Also in the situations where you want to go from hard off to on you are likely out and about, so then you have to take off the sleeve, and adjust the screw and connector bridge which is fine for a session but if you want just a hit or 2 and to do that whole process isn't optimal. Especially if you planed to do that on your whole time while out and about.

I do really like the steampunk aesthetic of the connector bridge however.

I want to brainstorm some alternative hard offs for the nomad 1. Honestly lots of the time I'll keep it on and in my pocket where I can be pretty sure it won't get activated without me knowing.

Maybe just a bottom cover, that slides on and off that way one never has to mess with the sleeve or whats under it when out, which is the likely use case for hard off mode.

Edit: I would also imagine a sleeve retrofit with the contacts attached to it like the bottom plate of the nomad 2 could be possible.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
I don't know the specifics of the two heaters in terms of whether they both reach the same temps or the amount of energy they use. I would say the high heater is faster but honestly Dan would have to help with specific data or someone would have to do careful measurements. I don't know what the materials are or the differences but I assume the high heater uses more energy per unit of time.

In using both, I don't recall any difference in the final ABV. I think both will reach equivalent extraction. For me it's quicker - I can be very high energy so long and slow is just not my thing with anything. I do think people will like the low heater.

I wasn't prepared for this topic to be so highly discussed. Very cool. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to share my experiences. Peace everyone.

Top Bottom