• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Nomad From Morwood

seriousTone

eat my god GIF
those Nomads..

Please tell me you're officially done with batch 1 @Dan Morrison .

The man who got that pear is bold, love it! So classic looking.

namasteIII

Are those dark stem collars cocobolo or African Blackwood? Or am I wrong completely?

Might benefit from naming what all the wood pieces are in future photo dumps. Good knowledge for wood enthusiasts and people planing / getting ideas for future Nomads.

Might be to much work but I thought it was a good idea.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
One more try.

Sorry the resolution isn't great. I'll work on that over the next day or so. On my third bowl. Definitely having fun.
Gorgeous, congrat's. I love the contrast between the tamarind parts and the body. The black streaks of the spalting tie it all together superbly.
My OG Nomad is just now starting to show some noticable patination on the bronze parts. It's got a slightly rose-gold sort of hue to it which I really like.
I really adore my OG, but the MK II design is just superb, I use mine without the sleeve, almost exclusively, and as much as I love my sleeve, and all the others too, I think Dan made the right choice to make the MKII unsleeved as the wood just feels great in the hand.
I had to step off the MKII list some time ago, but the recent pic's are just goading me SOOO hard :drool:

The chatoyancy of this curly koa is off the charts, it doesn't even look real. Combined with the labradorite button, the whole thing shimmers when you move it around in your hand. It looks like the body is made from flowing water.

View attachment 9573View attachment 9574View attachment 9575View attachment 9576View attachment 9577View attachment 9578View attachment 9579View attachment 9580
Wow, that’s absolutely gorgeous! I love that you can have a beautiful vape that is actually a working piece of art. I am a great admirer of your work, then what’s not to love. I’d love to own one of your pieces one day in the future.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Really cool. So one thing I notice is I’m really able to control the “roast” of the herb really well already. Thanks ts really unique from my experience.

The airflow is really open. Incredible. That’s why there is a recommendation for slower inhaling. Totally agreed about that. I also find that I use my finger to “feather” the airflow on the bottom. I do t know if this is recommended or not but it really adds control to the roast. Still just using the low heater.

Also, I’m on the 4th load and still running the same battery. I like a pretty strong and done roast so I’m pleased with battery life.

Im totally enjoying the vape. One really major issue - I have to work today instead of using the Nomad. Hey Dan can you do anything about this last issue?

David (Peace)

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
@madhockeydad , hahah! I'm afraid my skills only go so far... sorry about that. Hopefully you've got the weekend free!

Feathering the airflow hole is fair game, whatever works for you is alll good.

I'm glad the battery life is working out for you so far! Be sure to periodically check the voltage level on your charger to keep track of when it gets to about 3.5v, this is where you should recharge the battery. Going below 3.2v may damage the battery. Once you "feel" what 3.5v is like, you'll pretty easily be able to intuitively tell when to charge. Performance drops off dramatically around that point, so it's fairly obvious!

After you get a few sessions in to get the hang of your draw speed, you can try those cooling beads! The cooling beads adds a little air restriction which I find helpful.

Here's a little example of how the beads are loaded into a glass stem. This image shows it half full, but there are enough beads to fill to the top in each set. You can adjust for the amount of cooling you like.

DSCF2426.jpg

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
@madhockeydad , hahah! I'm afraid my skills only go so far... sorry about that. Hopefully you've got the weekend free!

Feathering the airflow hole is fair game, whatever works for you is alll good.

I'm glad the battery life is working out for you so far! Be sure to periodically check the voltage level on your charger to keep track of when it gets to about 3.5v, this is where you should recharge the battery. Going below 3.2v may damage the battery. Once you "feel" what 3.5v is like, you'll pretty easily be able to intuitively tell when to charge. Performance drops off dramatically around that point, so it's fairly obvious!

After you get a few sessions in to get the hang of your draw speed, you can try those cooling beads! The cooling beads adds a little air restriction which I find helpful.

Here's a little example of how the beads are loaded into a glass stem. This image shows it half full, but there are enough beads to fill to the top in each set. You can adjust for the amount of cooling you like.

View attachment 9630

4th bowl 3.71 volts so still good.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
I found one Imren battery that didn’t want to go in. I definitely didn’t force it. I’d recommend if the battery doesn’t drop in without any friction that’s ok but if any friction I’m hesitant to proceed.

The culprit is: Imren 3000 MaH 40A. Wrapped in a light yellow/gold. Green Imren’s are fitting fine.

Even if it hour cooling beads I’m not experiencing any harshness. Tomorrow I’ll give that a try but I’d like to explore it this way first.

Dan - I’m disappointed about the vacation and retirement thing. I’ll get over it though since I LOVE the NOMAD. Hopefully you get the point. (Cap locks - lololololol so not !!!)

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
I found one Imren battery that didn’t want to go in. I definitely didn’t force it. I’d recommend if the battery doesn’t drop in without any friction that’s ok but if any friction I’m hesitant to proceed.

The culprit is: Imren 3000 MaH 40A. Wrapped in a light yellow/gold. Green Imren’s are fitting fine.

Damn! I keep making these battery holes larger and larger... seems like these battery manufacturers keep making the wraps thicker and thicker too! haha. I personally use Molicel p26a cells, they're a bit on the large side compared to other cells I've tried. What I don't like is when the battery hole is so large that the battery fits too loose... so it's a balancing act I suppose.

I LOVE the NOMAD.

We love to hear it! :D

Well good people of FC, I’m am officially on the waitlist for one Mr. Morrison‘s Nomad IIs working works of art! I must say I’m excited to know that possibly this time next year, I may have a Nomad II in my hands. I’m glad I came and checked out the FC subs. Thanks everyone for being supportive, I see the same folks form the TinyMight sub here too.

cloudrunner79

Well good people of FC, I’m am officially on the waitlist for one Mr. Morrison‘s Nomad IIs working works of art! I must say I’m excited to know that possibly this time next year, I may have a Nomad II in my hands. I’m glad I came and checked out the FC subs. Thanks everyone for being supportive, I see the same folks form the TinyMight sub here too.
That’s because all the TM owners on this forum are addicted to awesome wooden vapes 🤦🏻‍♂️ I can’t wait to get my Nomad as well…. It’s going to be a long year…. Lol

mixchu69

We all know Dan has the most aesthetically pleasing portable vape, but would like to hear about the performance from current users. I have read a few reviews on this thread but would like to hear more. TIA

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
One capsule into the high heater. I’m pretty sure it’s going to be my favorite. Noticeably hotter and faster than the low. Very cool. With the low it’s possible to really get every nuance out of the flower. That’s cool.

I tend not to have the patience for the slow roast. Totally the way I’m internally wired. It’s good but I prefer a bit more….. omphffff. The high heater is perfect for that. I’ll give an update tomorrow after a few more samples.

Dan - thank you for the weekend. Not sure how you arranged it but rock on. Take care and thank you ( seriously)!

Top Bottom