• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Nomad From Morwood

Mr. Me2

Did anyone here order up a wood stem or case? The Indigo case is on my list but I think I'll wait to see one constructed before I pull the trigger. I'm still debating on a wood stem, I have never used one on a vape that wasn't lined with metal (dynavap) so I haven't quite decided yet. One thing is for sure, it would look great!

Expect a long wait as the Nomad is very popular and is not mass produced but then get ready for an amazing design process. There is a dizzying array of options but Dan makes the process very simple and straightforward.
I ordered a wood stem but don’t have it yet. I haven’t ordered a case yet but I’m sure I’ll get one. I want to see the coloring of my Nomad before I pick a color for the case.

And I LOVE these mock ups!

Here’s my mock-up. Roasted curly maple / Blackwood with lichen button.

DAE1-A1-E4-4743-4252-B1-A7-08102-E6-EF3-B8.jpg

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
The curly has a really nice glimmer like black limba. Bet it will look really cool roasted. I just noticed the email after seeing the last few post here. Would have been upset to miss it. Gotta get picking as I didnt realize batch 3 would ve starting soon. So many choices/combinations

SquirrelMaster

I ordered a wood stem but don’t have it yet. I haven’t ordered a case yet but I’m sure I’ll get one. I want to see the coloring of my Nomad before I pick a color for the case.

And I LOVE these mock ups!
The mock ups make it really easy to visualize what your final wood(s) and button will turn out like and for someone like me who doesn't always visualize the best (we'll call it selective lol) it's a life saver. Plus they're just so damn pretty to look at!

Here’s my mock-up. Roasted curly maple / Blackwood with lichen button.

DAE1-A1-E4-4743-4252-B1-A7-08102-E6-EF3-B8.jpg

That is one gorgeous device. African blackwood goes so well with so many woods and I dont think I've seen a roasted curly maple before which is really sharp.

The curly has a really nice glimmer like black limba. Bet it will look really cool roasted. I just noticed the email after seeing the last few post here. Would have been upset to miss it. Gotta get picking as I didnt realize batch 3 would ve starting soon. So many choices/combinations

Do you mean glimmer like the little sparkles (mica) in black limba or the chatoyancy of the wood? The buttons are what really took me time. I only knew about Lichen or Opal going in and I ended up with something totally different. The button can blend in or bring a pop of color if you want it too. I'm getting excited just talking about it and I designed mine months ago haha.

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
@SquirrelMaster , Opal. I first did a couple opal buttons as custom requests for Nomad 1s, loved the look, then added it to the official roster for Nomad IIs.

Now that the photos of the crafting process for these Nomad IIs has been sent to batch 1 as part of the "behind the scenes" updates, I think it might be cool to take the highlights and post them directly on the forum so that they can live here as an archive of sorts. I'll go through the photos and pick out some gems for posting soon!

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
What date did you guys go on the waiting list, just checking
Mine was october 2019.
I got on the waiting list back on oct 28 2019. I was offered a spot in batch 2 but turned it down for a batch 3 spot for financial reasons. Maybe email him and see what's up. It seems that you should've been offered an order by now.

Zuhdj,

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Dan's work is incredible. I'm in line for a II from the current batch he is working on. It's so cool to vicariously live through the entire build of the vape with his updates. He has posted 18 so far and even the updates are incredible. Detailed and full of pictures. There are whole stories that go along with the photos. I look forward to getting the vape however I really must say it's been a wonderful journey and well worth it.

If you want fast then Dan is probably not the right choice. If you want hand crafted where every detail has been thought through and tested and you can see the care and craftsmanship I don't think you'll find better anywhere. As I mentioned above - I'm super thrilled and excited and I still have a little more time until I receive it. Honestly, I can't remember when I got on the waitlist.

David

SquirrelMaster

That would be a Opal like Dan said.
But it's not the actual wood what I have in mind.
Back in May when I got in contact with Dan he had a mock up on IMGR what i fell for. But I can't upload it sadly.
Oh I thought it looked different, the way it caught the light for the mock up looks great. Which wood did you go with?
Where can I purchase those vape?

Email Dan at morwoodco@gmail.com and he'll get you on the list.

abcd5432

Where do I find a web page with info and order stuff?

Sorry, I looked, I can't find and my hands need rest to heal

abcd5432,

abcd5432

DM Dan on here or instagram with your email and you should get stuck on the list.
I don't even know anything about it yet haha. I'm trying to learn without needing to read the whole thread, I can't do that now, aggravates muscles in my hand I have to rest.

I don't even know how much it cost.

Didn't want to just ask him a ton of questions if it was all available somewhere

abcd5432,
Top Bottom