The Nomad From Morwood

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
@Shit Snacks , haha! Love the enthusiasm for the vape pets... I really can't wait to get something going in that regard. For a long time I have imagined a whole box, basket, chest, desk...etc.. filled with beautiful little vaporart objects. Like vape toys for adults to setup little vape spaces with... setting the mood and helping to enhance the entire experience.

@Jill NYC Your comment about the basket screens really spurred me on to come up with a better solution.

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
@hazeyp000 Cool tea pet! That's a nice setup you've got there.

Here's a new sleeve fresh off of the painting desk. This one is done in the Studio Ghibli art style, borrowing scenes from one of my favourite movies, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind...

View attachment 1066View attachment 1067View attachment 1068View attachment 1069View attachment 1070View attachment 1071View attachment 1072View attachment 1073

STUNNINGLY FANTASTIC!

NO DOUBT THE MOST EXQUISITE ART WORK I'VE EVER SEEN ON ANY CANNABIS FORUM!

I CERTAINLY CAN'T BLAME ALL THE MAKERS HERE AND ELSEWHERE BEING MORE THAN A LITTLE GREEN WITH ENVY!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fat Freddy,
Reactions: Xclerk

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
This thread is now re-opened and has been merged with content from NewFC (if applicable). Read more about it here.

Vaporware

Feels good to be back! Thank you to the mods for all your hard work!

It’s good to see you around too! I’m sure you’re busy and I don’t want to distract you, but if you have any updates for us I’m sure we’d all be interested. :)

For now although I’ve talked about the Studio Ghibli style sleeve since the first concepts were posted, I wanted to say it came out even better than I expected and it really does fit that style; amazing job! :love:

It just gets harder and harder to pick my top favorite Nomads...

Anyone want to add to the difficulty by posting some nice images to get the thread going again? Especially anyone who’s got theirs recently and hasn’t posted much about it yet? :razz:

SquirrelMaster

It’s good to see you around too! I’m sure you’re busy and I don’t want to distract you, but if you have any updates for us I’m sure we’d all be interested. :)

For now although I’ve talked about the Studio Ghibli style sleeve since the first concepts were posted, I wanted to say it came out even better than I expected and it really does fit that style; amazing job! :love:

It just gets harder and harder to pick my top favorite Nomads...

Anyone want to add to the difficulty by posting some nice images to get the thread going again? Especially anyone who’s got theirs recently and hasn’t posted much about it yet? :razz:
Yup, I miss the activity, @Dan Morrison is hard at work on that batch of Nomad 2's. I am very excited while wait ever patiently :ninja:. Here were my runner-ups for Nomad 2 No. 38. I'll be back for a Burl maybe for my next one, the design process was really hard for me because there are so many combinations that look fantastic. Dan makes it very easy though, an absolute pleasure to work with. I was dead set on a lichen button and I went a totally different way for my final which shares african blackwood for the collar, cap and side pull but has a different main wood and gem for a button.

Afzelia Xylay with African Blackwood

Amboyna (Heartwood) with Blackwood

Amboyna (Sapwood w/ Staining) with Verawood

SquirrelMaster

Another week closer to my Nomad 2's creation so I thought I'd post another mock up picture that @Dan Morrison made for me. This is the wood species that is going into my final design, it's Koa and a nice curly block at that. Koa is very special to me as it's only grown in Hawaii which is where my wife and I were married 11 years ago. If there's something that can tie me to my favourite place in the world it's definitely Koa. We were there again in December and I was on the hunt for something Koa (as I ususally am) but left empty handed. Shortly after while designing my Nomad 2 I made the offhanded comment to Dan that my next Nomad would have to be a nice Curly Koa and shortly after he sourced a beautiful block. Dan is the man! There were quite a few different mock-ups so this shares just the main wood but it's still a beauty (obviously). Verawood for the collar, bottom plate and side pull and a Blue Amazonite button.

nms

His profile is currently unavailable. I will wait for him to see my message here.

nms,
Reactions: jds

seki

His profile is currently unavailable. I will wait for him to see my message here.

You can still send him a message. Find one of his posts, click on his username (or tap if on mobile) and a menu should appear. You can send him a PM by clicking (or tapping) the "Start Conversation" button:
nomad.jpg

Vaporware

Happy to report that Nomad 059 will be in my hands soon enough and I'm super excited!

So good man! Even better seeing it all together like this. I think this is the first time we’ve seen the real finished collar and it came out great! Very organic. I love Ghibli movies too and it really does have that look. Easily one of my top favorite nomads. :love:

lieutenantlemons

@lieutenantlemons
Wow, very very nice! What can you tell us about the stem collar? It fits with rest of the vape and it's very differen, I like it!
The short of it is that from the beginning I knew I wanted a mystical forest-y type look. Dan had made a vape called the Okin and one particular one that he made really caught my eye (see below).

I asked Dan if it would be possible to use some of that same bamboo for the stem, but he said it wouldn't be feasible due to the required diameter/size for the stem. At first he thought that we could possible imitate the shape of bamboo, but in the end we both agreed that it would likely look kinda tacky. The final shape just kinda came from a desire to have something natural-looking while also being a bit other-worldly, as is the main inspiration for #059 as a whole: Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. Dan had several drawings and this one is the main one that stuck out; to me the stem kinda looks either like the stem of a mushroom, or a tree stump with little mushrooms growing on it (both ideas seem fitting). I believe the main part of the stem is made of verawood, while the inlays are made of both canary wood and vegetable ivory.

hoyo77

I got my baby today. I will post pics soon. It is such an amazing piece of craftmanship. @Dan Morrison damn dude you did that!!! I got it at 2pm mountain and i looked at the artwork the craftmanship and debated if i wanted to run some herb thru it. 10pm mountain after a few glasses ot some really good tequila i said fuck it and decided to run some herb thru it. This mofo hits like a damn beast!! flavor is on point, clouds are nice, effects are nicer. This thing hits fucking hard!! I was shocked and pleasantly surprised at the same damn time. My Morrison collection is growing..i have an Okin as well that i still fire up.

hoyo77

Here it is:

Top Bottom