The Nomad From Morwood

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
I might be stupid but I fail to see why anyone would want to subject themselves to such a hassle?

The original Nomad stem with two screens is de-facto a capsule inside the stem, nothing can fall out, nothing can get stuck, you can unload it right after using it...
For the same reasons that the TM users adopt the Mighty capsules. It seems to work satisfactorily for them.
I think there's a chance that dropping a capsule into the Nomad/Toad, then dropping it out again when spent, to replace with another freshie might be more convenient (for me, and maybe others) than debowling the stem and then refilling from another container while out and about.
YMMV obviously.
I like the idea of pre-loaded capsules for convenience.

I only mentioned the possible drawbacks/risks so anyone in possession of a Lobo (or similar) capsule and able to test the fit, wouldn't be 'put out' if it didn't readily drop back out. Belt and braces so to speak.

Copacetic,
Reactions: Momor

fangorn

For the same reasons that the TM users adopt the Mighty capsules. It seems to work satisfactorily for them.
I think there's a chance that dropping a capsule into the Nomad/Toad, then dropping it out again when spent, to replace with another freshie might be more convenient (for me, and maybe others) than debowling the stem and then refilling from another container while out and about.
YMMV obviously.
I like the idea of pre-loaded capsules for convenience.

I only mentioned the possible drawbacks/risks so anyone in possession of a Lobo (or similar) capsule and able to test the fit, wouldn't be 'put out' if it didn't readily drop back out. Belt and braces so to speak.

I shared the same question as @KeroZen , and I figured you had enough experience and own enough vaporizers to know what you were asking...

I hope you find a suitable capsule.

I still think that given the way Dan's heater works... a capsule would take a lot of heat and energy.
perhaps with high heater, you could still obtain satisfactory results, although I have my doubts! and if that's the case, I suppose you'd have to take several batteries with you.

For my part, I opted for the option of taking several preloaded stems when traveling. It takes up a little more space than the capsules, but it has the same function!

keep us informed of your research and tests!!
Good Luck !

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
OK I get the idea a bit better now, but yeah having to poke the capsule from below and risking that it snags on the o-rings etc would probably thwart all the convenience that you would gain in the first place.

KeroZen,

Duba

Accessory Maker
IMG_20240306_112452.jpg

Nomad55 blackwood under the sunshine and full of stars in my eyes🤩

Copacetic

OK I get the idea a bit better now, but yeah having to poke the capsule from below and risking that it snags on the o-rings etc would probably thwart all the convenience that you would gain in the first place.
Yeah, but I don't yet know if that would happen. At this stage it's just a risk that's occurred to me, not a known issue with the idea.

@fangorn 's pre-packed stems are something I've done myself too, but take up too much room for my liking, I prefer to just re-pack a single stem.
A working capsule option would be my ideal though, which is why I'd like to know if they 'drop in' or not 👍

fangorn

IMG-20240327-103830.jpg

The finest combo of my collection. Blackwood power!
The crazy wpa pipe is made by @Aezhenn of stabilized amboyna burl and blackwood. The 2 parts stem is glass lined with spiked 11mm od tubes from @glass_charlie.

wow @Duba
It’s a magnificent setup!!
Aezheen's pièce blowjob enhances your Nomad!!
This is one of the most beautiful photos I've seen recently!! Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

smeg_it

Hello, I'm sure if I was reading here more often I would know, but I haven't kept up. I can be a bit slow :p

Anyway, I wanted to ask on both the Nomad & the Toad, what is the current approximate wait for people receiving theirs now? I'm not worried, or trying to push in anyway, just thought I would try and get an idea. I'm on ~ 2 years on both list. I'm hoping it's closer to 3 years than 5, but wanted to ask to ;)

If I was more "zen", I wouldn't ask but still working on that :)

PossumMD

Hello, I'm sure if I was reading here more often I would know, but I haven't kept up. I can be a bit slow :p

Anyway, I wanted to ask on both the Nomad & the Toad, what is the current approximate wait for people receiving theirs now? I'm not worried, or trying to push in anyway, just thought I would try and get an idea. I'm on ~ 2 years on both list. I'm hoping it's closer to 3 years than 5, but wanted to ask to ;)

I paid for my unit mid 2021. Construction has not started on mine. I'm in batch 3. You are a good ways away from a unit of your own.

seriousTone

You have a much higher chance of getting a Toad.

As of now it's hard to tell with a Nomad if Dan will even continue making them after batch 3.

Batch 2 has been in the making for over 2 years now if I'm not mistaken.

fangorn

I chose my Nomad 2 to accompany me during this fascinating and breathtaking natural spectacle that was this total eclipse of March 8.

This is the second time I've had the chance to see one, but it's the first time I've really become aware of the "singularity" of this phenomenon!

Well the universe did things well... I was able to enjoy a session during the start of the partial eclipse, before my wooden stem broke!

It wasn't any worse! The time saved in preparing the vape was reused to take a stellar slap!!

As for the explanation of the broken stem... it's simply that the o ring on my Nomad 2 is very tight. this stem was weakened before giving way on this celestial day! it's my fault.

That’s good, I was planning to place a small order soon!!

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock

Copacetic

Hello FC !

I love you.... Don't hate me...

I am pleased to present Nomad #81 to you.
It's made of Sequoya burl and a blackwood collar. With a milk paint pouch.

It's more beautiful in real life than in the photos...

I'm levitating!!

Daaaaamn son, I hope you've got a sturdy safe, or major insurance 😲. Your collection is astonishing!
Hergé is EXACTLY what came to mind when I saw that sleeve 👍
A belated happy 420 to all, especially the Morwood massive 🤘

Top Bottom