The Nomad From Morwood

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Hello nomadic friends. I’m currently in the process of waiting for my nomad and I was hoping y’all could let me know about the device a bit. What do you like, dislike, etc. How do you use your nomad? Is it daily or only for special occasions? Any favorite memories with the nomad?

seriousTone

*Rick Flair* Woooo, I'm excited for you!

I wonder if this means all batch 1s are done and gone out or maybe Dan sends them as he finishes?

seriousTone,
Reactions: BigJr48

Lozo

I'm in batch one of the Nomad 2 and I haven't received any recent updates yet but I did see mine a few pages back when Dan updated the thread with some pictures. My Nomad is made from a lovely rare wood (Karelian Birch) that only grows from a region that my family are from. I'm super excited to get this, I keep telling myself to enjoy the anticipation.

NOLOGO

@Lozo Nice! I bet that's going to be fantastic. I thought hard about getting the birch body he offers myself.
Do it! It's hard to explain, but the wait has been "agonizing" in a good way lol
Dan is a master Craftsman, do the piece is gonna be a work of art, so OF COURSE I wish I had it NOW... it's gonna be so worth the wait.
But yeah, get on the list now so that your chance will come up sooner rather than later. 😊🤘🏻

SquirrelMaster

I'm in batch one of the Nomad 2 and I haven't received any recent updates yet but I did see mine a few pages back when Dan updated the thread with some pictures. My Nomad is made from a lovely rare wood (Karelian Birch) that only grows from a region that my family are from. I'm super excited to get this, I keep telling myself to enjoy the anticipation.
The first round of Nomad 2's have been shipping out I believe. I know mine is fairly close, just need to add a case to my order. When did you get your order started?

SquirrelMaster,

seriousTone

Do it! It's hard to explain, but the wait has been "agonizing" in a good way lol
Dan is a master Craftsman, do the piece is gonna be a work of art, so OF COURSE I wish I had it NOW... it's gonna be so worth the wait.
But yeah, get on the list now so that your chance will come up sooner rather than later. 😊🤘🏻
I'm in batch 2 actually :brow: but yeah I agree with what you say!

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Hi

So the USPS still has the package in Chicago. No movement since 5/18. Tension and excitement is building. I sure hope it's ok?!?!?!?!

seriousTone

Hi

So the USPS still has the package in Chicago. No movement since 5/18. Tension and excitement is building. I sure hope it's ok?!?!?!?!
Of course usps would do that after waiting all this time!

I've had two different packages dissappear for weeks before resurfacing. Once I shipped something from Montana to NJ - it disappeared only to show up in Alaska before finally arriving in NJ...

seriousTone,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Speaking of weird shipping issues...I received a package today that shipped FedEx from the supplier. I thought that the package had been lost, because the tracking showed it went across the country and eventually arrived in a major city a couple of hours drive from me about ten days ago, and never left. Plus it no longer shows an estimated delivery date.

The funny thing is that the package showed up today with a UPS shipping label and no indication on the box that it was ever handled by FedEx.

There is also a return shipping label in the box, because I was to ship the failed product back once I received the replacement. The tracking number for that shipping label indicates that it was delivered back to them today.

Weird :shrug:

Last edited:

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
@madhockeydad Chicago, as far as I know, is home to a major sorting hub for USPS. Many of my packages sit there with no update to tracking. Check tracking with USPS and Canada Post to see if there are any differences, USPS should be more accurate once it crosses the border.

I wouldn't worry about it, completely normal and pretty much happens all the time.

Shipping is weird most of the time, haha.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
I’m old and grey too but that was true long before I got on the list. Hahahaha.

updated scan shows it at my local post office very early this AM Fingers crossed I’ll take pictures or make a video tonight.
So excited.
@Dan - you mentioned some startup instructions. Can you send those please.

Speaking of weird shipping issues...I received a package today that shipped FedEx from the supplier. I thought that the package had been lost, because the tracking showed it went across the country and eventually arrived in a major city a couple of hours drive from me about ten days ago, and never left. Plus it no longer shows an estimated delivery date.

The funny thing is that the package showed up today with a UPS shipping label and no indication on the box that it was ever handled by FedEx.

There is also a return shipping label in the box, because I was to ship the failed product back once I received the replacement. The tracking number for that shipping label indicates that it was delivered back to them today.

Weird :shrug:

Super strange. In the US we used to have a great postal service. Over the last few years it’s gotten much worse. Not just the pandemic but also a lot of politics. Here is to dysfunction at the national level!!!! Yippee

Top Bottom