The Nomad From Morwood

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
@Mr. Me2 , Try manually pulling apart your flower so that you try not to break apart any leafy material. Get a little pile of evenly sized flower bits about the size of rice grains. Then loosely pack that into a stem, leaving lots of airspace around the coarse leafy particles. This will allow you to pack deeper and still get complete extraction.

I find this technique works much better with the high heater...so you may need to do a heat-up hit with the low heater. Once it's heat soaked you should be good to go.

A medium grind is also worth trying!

I'm looking forward to you getting the new high heater... A few people have it so far, and I'm getting rave reviews!

p.s. This same technique is of course applicable to any convection based unit... If you haven't tried it, it's definitely interesting! Flavor seems... cleaner.. perhaps less leafy taste from broken edges releasing whatever volatiles are inside the plant.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I know I am very happy with the high heater in my Nomad1.
It is definitely my favorite portable vape, hands down!

I did recently (a couple of months ago, I think) get the newer heaters from Dan, after I had issues with my original heaters. And the new heaters are fantastic!

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
I just sent this little update out to the 1st batch, but thought I would re-post it here. Very much nearing the home stretch now.. Just trying to power through.

All of these bodies need final shaping, sanding, finish. But this is a neat peek at what they're kinda-sorta going to look like. Most of these woods will change quite drastically after the finishing. Also, some of the bottoms are sticking out and look too tall. These get the final fitting during the next sanding step.

The custom buttons in this batch I think turned out especially cool. The new materials making their debut are, mother of pearl, boulder opal, fossilized dinosaur bone, labradorite, and tigers eye.

DSCF3391.jpgDSCF3392.jpgDSCF3393.jpgDSCF3394.jpgDSCF3395.jpgDSCF3396.jpgDSCF3397.jpgDSCF3398.jpgDSCF3399.jpgDSCF3400.jpg

Last edited:

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
@Sour Dream Thanks! I'm really loving what everyone chose for their wood options... so many cool combinations!

@cpk :) The boulder opal turned out super neat... I was hoping that the natural brown background would match the rosewood burl and make it look like the opal was growing in the wood itself. The tigers eye is a gemstone... which is actually called tigers eye, ha. The "enhanced lichen" that I was talking about is not featured here. Still undecided if I want to go that route. I've actually been able to find some super vibrant lichens lately, I think my hunting skills are improving :sherlock:

For those wondering, me and @cpk talked about the possibility of painting lichens with a very subtle airbrush technique to give them a little more pop. Lichens in the wild always appear more vibrant, but after drying out they dull a bit..... this was my idea for bringing back some of that natural vibrancy. But... of course then it's not 'all-natural', which...for some reason... feels wrong with the lichen buttons.

Some lichen species keep their colour really well, however, and that's what I'm typically using these days.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

I think you can go ahead and clone this one for me, love the blue gray swirls of that wood, contrasting with the always lovely canarywood! Though I also really love all the spalted ones, and the verawood looks great too, not to mention the colorful woods...

:mmmm:to say the least!! Cannot decide lol

Ripstar

I think you can go ahead and clone this one for me, love the blue gray swirls of that wood, contrasting with the always lovely canarywood! Though I also really love all the spalted ones, and the verawood looks great too, not to mention the colorful woods...

:mmmm:to say the least!! Cannot decide lol
Love it. All of them have such wonderful contrast. I wish I could say the pics make it easier to come up with an idea but, I want them all because of their personality and beauty! They give off a cowboy-futuristic-dystopian/steampunk feel that someone would carry. Simply gorgeous.
As always @Dan Morrison, truly amazing art.

BruCap

Did my regular check on this thread earlier, just so happened to be as Dan was posting all the new pictures and oh boy, those are gorgeous. I’m in batch 2 and am eagerly awaiting mine, but man oh man the wait has so been worth it.

I also want to shout out Dan and his communication- despite the fact that he’s always always working (not just on making the actual vapes but also developing new heaters and accessories), I’ve found his communication to be top notch. From regularly updating this thread- even when he isn’t responding to a question, to the regular email updates I get despite the fact that he hasn’t started my batch yet, I am always so impressed. I haven’t had to reach out with any questions, but I know if I did he would get back to me right away (as he did during the process of us designing my Nomad). Truly a great guy and a fantastic business owner, makes me all the more excited for my Nomad!

Vapefanatic

What are those black and very dark brown woods? I see 2-3 fully dark units. Those are my faves. If and when my turn comes, I want something like those. Nice.

Vapefanatic,

SquirrelMaster

Mine is third from the bottom, Curly Koa, African Blackwood and a Blue Labradorite button :love:. The button doesn't look very vibrant in the pic but it all depends on how the light hits it and changes the chatoyancy (looks different in other pics Dan has sent). The wood will also change a lot, as will it in the other gorgeous Nomad's that have been posted. I couldn't even tell you what I'd pick for another design as there are just so many that I love! I'll have to take a video when mine arrives to show off the chatoyancy in the wood and button as it's hard to capture in a photo even once the devices are fully finished.

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
All of these bodies need final shaping, sanding, finish. But this is a neat peek at what they're kinda-sorta going to look like. Most of these woods will change quite drastically after the finishing. Also, some of the bottoms are sticking out and look too tall. These get the final fitting during the next sanding step.

The custom buttons in this batch I think turned out especially cool. The new materials making their debut are, mother of pearl, boulder opal, fossilized dinosaur bone, labradorite, and tigers eye.View attachment 6836l
Looks like this could be mine
Olive burl w Vera accents

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Mine is third from the bottom, Curly Koa, African Blackwood and a Blue Labradorite button :love:. The button doesn't look very vibrant in the pic but it all depends on how the light hits it and changes the chatoyancy (looks different in other pics Dan has sent). The wood will also change a lot, as will it in the other gorgeous Nomad's that have been posted. I couldn't even tell you what I'd pick for another design as there are just so many that I love! I'll have to take a video when mine arrives to show off the chatoyancy in the wood and button as it's hard to capture in a photo even once the devices are fully finished.
Dead sexy. I'm thinking I should have stayed on the wait list for the Nomad 2. I bailed over eighteen months ago. Is this the first batch of Nomad 2s in the wild or were there some earlier ones delivered?

Top Bottom