• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The NEO by Prrl Labs

ConvectCode1

Yeah the hot rod injector bowl works extremely well. I guess because I wasn’t able to get a good seal using a flip brick with a j hook I didn’t try that injector bowl. The Ed’s TNT new injector V2 also works well. I’m really liking the vape signature of the Neo. Though light on visual vapor, I can definitely feel the active cannabinoids in my throat. The long draw technique after puffing is different too. I got a Sherlock sitter and a hammer pipe from Grav to pair with it and I’m sure they’ll work well also. I’ve only been using it at 3-4 diamonds max. 4 seems a bit high based on the ABV. Being able to easily stir seems to be important and why I didn’t really like using the pots from the Tafee Bowle. Now to figure out how the guy in this video is able to get his Neo into BEAST MODE and create this insane bong hit:
Neo in Beast Mode

ConvectCode1

Oh cool….there’s an actual “beast mode” sequence? Awesome. Anyways I got a clean Grav Labs hammer pipe with some of the Smojo permanent pipe screens somebody recommended on here and WOW, the Neo came alive, and in a big way. A perfect seal with the bowl, finally got the inhale intensity in sync and the Neo purred for several bowls. A very relaxed pleasant experience using a pipe for the first time in so many years.

ConvectCode1

“Guy in the video” is @RogueGuy, has a cool website theroguewaxworks.com, and has posted several Neo videos, on Reddit I believe
Oh, I didn’t catch the users name but I definitely know The Rogue Wax Works. I’ve bought all sorts of useful tools off that site and it’s actually where I read the first Neo review. I tried the Beast Mode thing but it was too beastly. I did it at 2 diamonds instead of 5 and it hit extremely hard through a pipe with a proper seal finally.

Stueylakes

“Guy in the video” is @RogueGuy, has a cool website theroguewaxworks.com, and has posted several Neo videos, on Reddit I believe
If thats @RogueGuy then what is he doing in my kitchen! Ha ha thats me! This was day 2 of my Neo ownership on a generic bong bowl!

I have a couple of bowls from popular glass that work really well with the Neo, alongside my Eds tnt flowerpot bowl which is also nice.

This hit was as described but i think it was 4 stars in reality, so 4 stars warm up, 4 stars on the bowl, then 4 stars on the rip. I temp step at much lower temps now however!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
If thats @RogueGuy then what is he doing in my kitchen! Ha ha thats me! This was day 2 of my Neo ownership on a generic bong bowl!

I think you got mixed up. They were referencing an earlier video in the thread:

Not disputing your experience because the Neo is very different and may not be for everyone, but for the benefit of those on the fence, a counter example: it's not really very hard to find a working bowl or get nice hits:

Obviously not a a lung-buster ala Vapbong, but a nice hit nonetheless, and the flavor must have been terrific.

coolbreeze

Got my @O'Connell Woodworks Vapes bowls today and man are they nice! He made me a 10mm big leaf maple burl; couldn't be happier:
IMG-1087.jpg

I've only run a bowl through this but so far, I really like it. It has a nice depth: deep enough for a decent load, close enough to run at low temps (0-2 diamonds). With this bowl you must use the sleeve: there's no ledge to rest/seal the chimney on, and resting it on the body blocks the air intakes. Tamped lightly and with the seal, the bowl is efficient and even. Despite the narrow air path through this 10mm joint there was no hot-spotting. I received a couple 14mms as well and I will try them later.

Based on this run, though, I can heartily recommend these beautiful bowls for your Neo!

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Got my @O'Connell Woodworks Vapes bowls today and man are they nice! He made me a 10mm big leaf maple burl; couldn't be happier:
IMG-1087.jpg

I've only run a bowl through this but so far, I really like it. It has a nice depth: deep enough for a decent load, close enough to run at low temps (0-2 diamonds). With this bowl you must use the sleeve: there's no ledge to rest/seal the chimney on, and resting it on the body blocks the air intakes. Tamped lightly and with the seal, the bowl is efficient and even. Despite the narrow air path through this 10mm joint there was no hot-spotting. I received a couple 14mms as well and I will try them later.

Based on this run, though, I can heartily recommend these beautiful bowls for your Neo!
Just received my bowl yesterday in the same wood choice. Was just trying it out for fitment. Glad I read your post first, I was going to try it without the sleeve and wasn’t considering the blocking of the air intakes, but yeah no air gap if used without it seems. I’ll have to experiment with a bowl or two later today. Beautiful craftsmanship as always with OWW. Any idea if the glass easily comes out for cleaning or replacement? Asking before I do something stupid.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Just received my bowl today in the same wood choice. Was just trying it out for fitment. Glad I read your post first, I was going to try it without the sleeve and wasn’t considering the blocking of the air intakes, but yeah no air gap if use it without it seems. I’ll have to experiment with a bowl or two later today. Beautiful craftsmanship as always with OWW. Any idea if the glass easily comes out for cleaning or replacement? Asking before I do something stupid.
Beautiful indeed. I have not tried yet, but I believe he told me it's a friction fit and I took that to mean you could take it out to clean it. That also prevents making them modular with regards to switching stems, as each tube's size results from the joint size.

I want to add that it looks like the roast's evenness was partly due to the screen being suspended, it looks like, a few mm above the bowl floor (I haven't taken it out yet to see how it's set up). Seems to work great, even with that 10mm size. With regards to the sleeve necessity, I don't even mind: I feel in a question of solid function v. purity-of-experience, well, it's gotta be function, and this is a sure-fire way to make it a consistent, repeatable experience.

Last edited:

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Beautiful indeed. I have not tried yet, but I believe he told me it's a friction fit and I took that to mean you could take it out to clean it. That also prevents making them modular with regards to switching stems, as each tube's size results from the joint size.

I want to add that it looks like the roast's evenness was partly due to the screen being suspended, it looks like, a few mm above the bowl floor (I haven't taken it out yet to see how it's set up). Seems to work great, even with that 10mm size.
Yeah I thought it might be friction fit. I gave it a few pulls but stopped myself, figured I should at least use it first before I go breaking it. I’m sure heating it up a few times by vaping through it will loosen it some as well. The Schott Neo bowl has that suspended screen design in all glass, definitely good airflow and even roasting with that one as well.

coolbreeze

The Schott Neo bowl has that suspended screen design in all glass, definitely good airflow and even roasting with that one as well.
I'll have to get my accounting together and get one of those at some point, too. Tbh, I got along pretty nicely with just an adapter/screen setup but when I saw OWW was making bowls it was no-brainer, especially because I wanted a dedicated Neo bowl for that recycler. Guess I'll clean those adapters up and put them in the parts drawer.

ConvectCode1

New favorite way to use the NEO, with one of @Ed's TnT stems! It's super efficient this way and seems to work as a true on-demand convection vaporizer now. I'm getting vapor from the first hit without any pre-heating. I have it turned up to 5 diamonds, and then just ride the button to get to my desired temperatures. I really like the sense of control I have over my temperatures this way. I've always wanted to try to get my flower closer to the heater to increase efficiency, and I was trying this out with a glass stem for a while and it didn't really work all too well. With this stem, the load is even closer to the heater, and the thermal properties of the wood are really coming in handy here. It feels like I'm losing very little heat to the stem and it's all going into the flower!
This looks like one of the coolest ways to use the Neo. The pipes are great but I wish there were a glass stem that could affix to the neo the way this Ed’s TNT piece does. It would turn the Neo into an on demand convection vaporizer that would rival the Tinymight if the had a glass stem available that could hold herb and connect to the Neo hands free. That’s one thing I’m really surprised they don’t have available for this: a glass stem that can hold herb in it and connect in a hands free manor to the Neo unit.

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer of the Neo and Terp Surfer
Manufacturer
Hey, all!

7/10 is nearly upon us and we have some great news! Our new concentrate pads (aka The Saucer) are now available on our website in packs of 20 or a sample size of 3 if you want to test them out.

While we love our terpy Oregon flower, the Neo's unique capabilities are an ideal way to vaporize concentrates--allowing you to savor the purity of taste and beneficial effects while remaining in complete control of the experience. No need for the intense butane torch, nor complicated rigging. The Saucer concentrate pad fits perfectly inside the titanium bowl of your Terp Surfer, without the need for any additional screen or o-ring.

Typical stainless steel wire pads in other devices taint the vapor, take a long time to heat up, and suffer from drippage and waste. Instead, we wanted something that was:

Pure -- Taste neutral with no contaminants whatsoever
Efficient -- Delivers rich, delicious, and prodigious vapor without too much power nor preheating
Absorbent -- Retains and wick the oils with minimal drippage or waste
Structurally stable and homogenous — stays together with high enough density and yields smooth, evenly-distributed airflow
Organic -- biodegradable and derived from nature
Cost effective -- easily produced from quality, low-cost materials

It's taken almost three years of testing a variety of approaches, but we finally created a way to meet all of these criteria. We discovered a way to compress all-natural plant fibers into an entangled mesh disc. These special fibers are a perfect wicking matrix that optimizes airflow and concentrate dispersion without affecting the taste of the vapor.

Because of its organic nature, the Saucer is compostable, but not cleanable. You may continue to reload it several times, until you decide it’s time to replace it with a fresh one. However, trying to clean the Saucer with alcohol will cause the matrix to lose its shape and effectiveness.

The technique is similar to using flower, but requires a 2-3 short "priming" puffs at first to melt the dab into the Saucer. After that, it's extremely efficient and will deliver massive clouds with minimal effort. Testers have said that it's as flavorful, or more so, as a cold-start dab but with much more control and almost no waste.

We hope that you enjoy them!

-Mark

Saucer6.jpg

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Does it work with injector bowls
Just delivered today. They are definitely smaller than the screens in my OWW Neo injector bowl, and would have to sit on top of the mesh screens in order to work. That might defeat one of the stated benefits of improving flavor by using The Saucer, and might hurt airflow, I don’t know. I’ll have to experiment and do some testing to see how flavor/airflow with this set up compares to flavor/airflow in my Terp Surfer and report back.

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer of the Neo and Terp Surfer
Manufacturer
Just delivered today. They are definitely smaller than the screens in my OWW Neo injector bowl, and would have to sit on top of the mesh screens in order to work. That might defeat one of the stated benefits of improving flavor by using The Saucer, and might hurt airflow, I don’t know. I’ll have to experiment and do some testing to see how flavor/airflow with this set up compares to flavor/airflow in my Terp Surfer and report back.

Yes, it's desirable to have the sides of the pad press up against the walls of the bowl. Otherwise, air will slip past the outside and decrease efficiency quite a bit. Another thing to try would be to put a titanium screen over the top of the concentrate pad to act as a heat deflector/distributor. It won't help the airflow, but it increases the thermal efficiency so you might get enough of a performance boost to meet your needs.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
First impression of The Saucer is very positive. Used with my Terp Surfer and they just work well together. Forgot to do the 2-3 primer puffs, but by the third real pull the concentrate was fully dissolved into the pad and there was a halo of vapor around my head. Started out at 2 diamonds but dialed it back to 0 diamonds once the vapor started flowing. Seems like I’ll have to go by flavor only to know when to change the Saucer out since there is no cleanup to do. This is a no brainer addition for me as an occasional cold start dabber, gonna order a couple of 20 packs, a second docking ring to keep one dedicated for flower and concentrates, and a few more silicone sleeves (to replace the extra sleeves for backups that I’ve already misplaced, I’m sure they’ll magically appear when I order more). That should keep me stocked up for a good while. Excellent job @Black_Prrl.

Edit: All I tasted was the concentrate, so for first use the Saucer did not impart any taste or smell at all into the experience.

I got the Neo as a gift after 420 this year. It has worked great with the sticky brick injector bowl (2/3 diamonds!). Last night the chimney slid out and it looks like the glue melted off. Is this a DIY repair or should I contact the manufacturer? I see a chimney repair option on the site, but the chimney is still mint. There are some streaks of white glue on the quartz glass. I'm not sure how to remove it and what to use to fix it back on over the coil but it seems like a simple repair with the right materials.

thegreenmenace,
Reactions: pomogirl
Top Bottom