Discontinued The NEO by Prrl Labs

Kins

I really want to say how great their customer service is. Always so nice and willing to go above and beyond regular customer service. That says a lot coming from me because I have had some terrible customer service from some companies. Seriously though Prrl labs should get some kind of award for this.

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer of the Neo and Terp Surfer
Manufacturer
I really want to say how great their customer service is. Always so nice and willing to go above and beyond regular customer service. That says a lot coming from me because I have had some terrible customer service from some companies. Seriously though Prrl labs should get some kind of award for this.

Thanks so much, @Kins! That means a lot to us!

We're still a startup, so by "company" folks should envision the stereotypical working out of a basement trying to get our brand established before we run out of money or Phillip Morris tries to steal our IP... We know that we have a lot to learn and a long way to go, but the candid feedback that we've been getting from this community has helped shape our direction and the values that define us.

-Mark

P.S. I posted some of our values in #435, but I think it's important to share again so it's clear where we're coming from...AND, if you ever think that we've transgressed or been inconsistent with these values, please let me know. We'll own it, and do our best to fix it. Of course, I'm also quite opinionated and we may disagree... 🤓

1617734011028.png

Gdash

I have been using the NEO with a glass pipe and getting pretty decent results. I was hoping CDXX would drop some more pipes but I think he is still working on them because I haven't come across any new ones on his shops page. Anyways I became impatient and ordered a couple of pipes from different makers along with the TB potter+ for the pots.

I got the pipes before the weekend and 2 fit great but the bowls are drilled almost all the way through to the bottom I haven't been able to use them. I did put in an 18mm to 14mm reducer with some o rings and have been using them with other vapes with great results. I got the TB pots today and got my pipes out and I am getting the best results I've had with the NEO to date. The difference a perfect seal and the pots make is amazing. Really enjoying the NEO.

Edit: Just dropped it :(. Guess I'm going to do the chimney repair. Super bummed but still happy that I found a combo that works really well.

Last edited:

NimChimpsky

I have been using the NEO with a glass pipe and getting pretty decent results. I was hoping CDXX would drop some more pipes but I think he is still working on them because I haven't come across any new ones on his shops page. Anyways I became impatient and ordered a couple of pipes from different makers along with the TB potter+ for the pots.

I got the pipes before the weekend and 2 fit great but the bowls are drilled almost all the way through to the bottom I haven't been able to use them. I did put in an 18mm to 14mm reducer with some o rings and have been using them with other vapes with great results. I got the TB pots today and got my pipes out and I am getting the best results I've had with the NEO to date. The difference a perfect seal and the pots make is amazing. Really enjoying the NEO.

Edit: Just dropped it :(. Guess I'm going to do the chimney repair. Super bummed but still happy that I found a combo that works really well.
Ah, man, sorry about the fall :| I'm sure Mark will get it back to you swiflty, but of course it happens right after you find the sweet spot...

Nice to see someone else trying out and enjoying the TB pots with it! This might be something cool for Prrl to explore.. Dedicated dosing pods designed for quicker extraction. The TB pots just so happen to be pretty much perfect, but I could see them being improved for use with the Neo if specifically designed for it! I guess the dynavap mod they showed with the fat o-ring is similar..

That said, I don't usually go for quick extraction with the Neo but find myself mostly slowly milking fat bowls out of the Gandalf (I know I've recommended it here before, but it really does make a great seal with the silicon tip)

@ShayWhiteGrow love that video :lol: I'm gonna have to pull out the Purr tonight in solidarity.

Last edited:

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer

Ugh!!...that sucks, @Gdash. Order a repair on our website and pop it in the mail. We'll turn it right around. (FYI, just got a DM from someone else who'd just found a sweet combo and they did the same thing...figures, right?).

@NimChimpsky, I've been searching everywhere for the TB pots to try out. Got a source? Also, YES, a similar pod is in our plans...but different. I think you'll dig our variation on them, as well as the pipe they'll go into. 😎

@ShayWhiteGrow Great video!

NimChimpsky

@NimChimpsky, I've been searching everywhere for the TB pots to try out. Got a source?
If you buy a grinder from the Tafée site they come with 4 pots but it looks like they are all sold out now :\ maybe you could email their CS and see if you could order just a couple pots?
Also, YES, a similar pod is in our plans...but different. I think you'll dig our variation on them, as well as the pipe they'll go into.
Ahh excellent! I should have known you guys already had something in the works - can't wait to try this!

Last edited:

Gdash

Ugh!!...that sucks, @Gdash. Order a repair on our website and pop it in the mail. We'll turn it right around. (FYI, just got a DM from someone else who'd just found a sweet combo and they did the same thing...figures, right?).

I was do excited I went into the bathroom to see the smoke in the mirror and dropped it in the sink face down. So embarrassing but it happens. Ordered the chimney repair on the website this morning. Shipping it off tomorrow.

The metal TB grinder was out of stock but I was able to pick up the $29 dollar plastic grinder with the pots but like a poster said above they appear to be out. I did replace the o-ring for a thicker one and the sleeve holds it better. Looking forward to seeing what you will do with your pipe and your variant.

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer
That's pretty dang cool if I must say so myself. I've seen the commercials with the APE and the guys carrying glass. Pretty funny..
We also looked into sapphire, but that was too cost prohibitive. We could easily make the chimney from zirconia and make breakage a moot point. Yet, we are obsessed about seeing our herb--and the glow. So many devices put your herb behind the curtain (into a black box). We like to stay connected with it.

Perhaps we'll change that up when we come out with a more compact, travel version (jokingly named "Slim Jim" here at the Labs).

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
A black Prrl Neo would be super sexy. This will do though :-)
Kwu8qv5.jpg

Roffa

Thanks, @Hackerman. Seems like I can only get a discount on my *second* hemson, lol.
Do you have that pipe? Do you like it?

Also, has anyone used a grav pebble spoon? Looks like it would fit, but I’m only looking online...
I have a hemson, and I do like it. I don't grind, but crumble the flower, and pack the bowl 2/3 full. I don't tamp it down tightly. Preheat at 5 diamonds, and vape at 1. Do stir the bowl. The seal is fine, also without the gasket. The hemson has a pretty capacious bowl.

Kins

I'd like to see a desktop from you guys for concentrates that'd work like a cart but doesn't use carts. So you can pack a lot of concentrate and not have to worry about burning or overflow or anything. It'd would just heat while inhaling like the neo so it won't burn your concentrate and you won't have to worry about reloading it for a while. Would be nice if it comes with updatable firmware just by hooking up to your pc and going to a website for a piece of software to upload firmware with both new features, improvements in reliability, fixes....etc. Two things people with concentrate devices can be a problem, accidently burning and dabbing with too much material. Would like to see those problems as impossible with this device.

Now I'm dreaming of the perfect vape or concentrate device. I think I've been here too long!!

Kins,

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer
I'd like to see a desktop from you guys for concentrates that'd work like a cart but doesn't use carts. So you can pack a lot of concentrate and not have to worry about burning or overflow or anything. It'd would just heat while inhaling like the neo so it won't burn your concentrate and you won't have to worry about reloading it for a while. Would be nice if it comes with updatable firmware just by hooking up to your pc and going to a website for a piece of software to upload firmware with both new features, improvements in reliability, fixes....etc. Two things people with concentrate devices can be a problem, accidently burning and dabbing with too much material. Would like to see those problems as impossible with this device.

Now I'm dreaming of the perfect vape or concentrate device. I think I've been here too long!!

Thanks, @Kins! We don't really have a desktop in the mix as yet, but have definitely been thinking about concentrates, pipes, bowl screens, and grinders (which SUCK, imho). 😏

As for updatable firmware, one of the reasons we chose the Rim-C is because of the ease of updating it. We plan on making some changes to the firmware settings with our next 500 units, and will make it available for downloading (assuming Eleaf doesn't get twitchy about that). We're beta testing some changes now to simplify the display and improve battery level indication. Once thing that I don't like about our display right now is the super tiny battery life indicator that doesn't have enough gradations to let you know how much is left. Pls DM if you'd like to test that out and provide feedback.

Of course, we'd love to hear thoughts on the "perfect device"--knowing that everyone has their own preferences for what makes a great device. What we tried to do with the Neo is create a simple and effective tool that could be used in many different ways depending on those preferences. What's missing are bowls that are designed for convective extraction...so, that's our next biggest priority. The Purr slide is great, but we want to up the game even more. :-)

-m

P.S. @ProfessionalHandJob Love to see the Neo in a Tux!! Looks great!

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

Thanks for the information, @Roffa. Capacious bowl is probably more than I need. Will keep exploring other options.
@StringTheorista , don’t be afraid of a large bowl. The Neo is true convection so you can use what you like and return to it at your leisure until it’s finished. That’s how I use my @CDXX Pipes pipe and it works great. Personally, I had less success with a smaller bowl.

StringTheorista

Thanks for the tip @Mr. Me2. don’t even have the thing in hand yet, but I’m excited, and plotting. I’ve never smoked, so actually want to acquire a pipe (or 2). I ordered a grav hammer in white to get started...

Darr1

@StringTheorista , don’t be afraid of a large bowl. The Neo is true convection so you can use what you like and return to it at your leisure until it’s finished. That’s how I use my @CDXX Pipes pipe and it works great. Personally, I had less success with a smaller bowl.
The CDXX pipes are works of art. I am lucky enough to have one of the next batch, waiting patiently and excitedly

StringTheorista

Another noob question, kind folks: I’m new to 510 vapes. Is it important to charge the battery externally, or does it not matter so much? I don’t expect that i will need to use backup battery for my level of usage...

I have been stalking CDXX on Etsy, his stuff looks gorgeous

NimChimpsky

Another noob question, kind folks: I’m new to 510 vapes. Is it important to charge the battery externally, or does it not matter so much? I don’t expect that i will need to use backup battery for my level of usage...

I have been stalking CDXX on Etsy, his stuff looks gorgeous
I'm fairly new to this world also. If you don't mind the downtime, there shouldn't be any problems with charging through the device. But IMO it would be worth it to get an external charger and a couple extra batteries ($20-$30 for everything on 18650batterystore.com). A decent external charger (I believe) should help extend the battery life, and of course no unwanted downtime. But if you don't have any other 18650 vapes and don't plan on getting any, might be less worth it.

Top Bottom