• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The NEO by Prrl Labs

Kins

Had a bowl of orange kush mints for science. Wouldn't normally take a bowl quite this far, but fwiw here's some AVB pics.

This was .25 in Gandalf
3 hits on 3 (1 stir at the end)
4 hits on 4 (stir every 2 hits)
3 hits on 5 (stir after each hit)

All but the last couple hits were very pleasant, and those last hits weren't bad - not as harsh as would have been from most of my other vapes that can get AVB this dark. I get no throat irritation from the Neo (again ymmv on this). The AVB seems as even and dark as from, say, my Bowle (darker on this bowl, but again I wouldn't normally take it this far). I think any potential buyer should be aware of a couple things:

If you are concerned about super even AVB, I think you could accomplish this by stirring after every hit. I normally stir every 1-3 hits and don't mind it because the bowl is already exposed and I grab the Neo to have this experience anyway, which I really don't get with any other vape (save the VB). Bowl size also matters in this regard. If you are hitting a decent bowl, you are going to have to stir for sure to get even AVB. I wouldn't purchase this if you are trying to cash a fat bowl in 2 hits like the TM or something and are not interested in stirring at all. But as @west-elec said, that's doesnt seem like the intended purpose of this device.

The one con I have found is that power output is pretty noticeable weaker when the battery drops below say, 20-30%. I could be wrong, but I think this is pretty common for battery powered vapes like this. Not a big issue for me since I always have a few spare batteries charged - I just replace them when it gets this low. I should mention that I've only used the included battery once and normally use the molicel P26A.

That's what I like to see. Thanks for posting the pic. Also this thing takes forever to charge. It's already about 2 hours. It flashes the out line on the screen and the bars are full. It flashes just showing the outline of the battery picture and then it shows all the bars full in the outline and goes back and fourth between the two....

Last edited:
Kins,
Well, well. Here's one for the record. I love this thing. It is, by far, the best looking item on my vape list. So incredibly solid in your hand. And, the concept is what I always wanted in a vape...... but the damn thing just didn't work. Tried every pipe I had. Bought 2 more and made 3 more. Nothing worked. Sure, I could get great taste and huge clouds, both. But, it takes so much fiddling, it's more of a toy than a usable vape. Warm up this. Seal with that. Where's my real vape.

I gave up on this thing more times than my marriage. ;)

Last night in the middle of the night I woke up with the thought in my head to try something else. WTF? I laughed out loud that I woke up thinking about this vape. LOL

So, envisioning my dream, today I got my old fashioned pipe from the 60's. You remember the kind.... made out of brass lamp parts. LMAO I'm sure they still sell them. Probably not many. I think the base metal is lead. LMAO Little wooden spool over the threaded hollow rod that holds it all together.

These 2 were so well mated, I'm certain that I heard them kiss when I put them together. LOL

No pre-heat up at all. It was damn near like lighting a bowl. I got such a huge hit I couldn't believe it. I have run though this over and over and it is totally amazing how many other pipes failed me and this old trusty rusty friend from an era long gone came through.

Another success story for the NEO storyboard, with a moral. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. LOL

Everybody loves a happy ending.

NimChimpsky

That's what I like to see. Thanks for posting the pic. Also this thing takes forever to charge. It's already about 2 hours. It flashes the out line on the screen and the bars are full. It flashes just showing the outline of the battery picture and then it shows all the bars full in the outline and goes back and fourth between the two....
I would def recommend getting a couple extra batteries and an external charger. I charge all of my batteries externally (still takes a long time, probably longer than charging through the vape, but its better for the battery life and means no unwanted downtime) :2c:

Kins

I'm trying to work it right now. I'm getting a lot of air or the sound of rushing air while inhaling. I'm use a small bong about 7 inches maybe and an 18mm multi hole bowl. Also using and adapter to adapt my 18mm bowl to fit 14mm joint. Now trying a grave pipe. Works better but still get air. I think I will fill it up more and that might help.... My grav pipe I almost combusted. What I mean is I got a black spot in the middle and the rest was pretty uneven. It did get black but no nasty smoke taste or anything.

Last edited:
Kins,

NimChimpsky

I'm trying to work it right now. I'm getting a lot of air or the sound of rushing air while inhaling. I'm use a small bong about 7 inches maybe and an 18mm multi hole bowl. Also using and adapter to adapt my 18mm bowl to fit 14mm joint. Now trying a grave pipe. Works better but still get air. I think I will fill it up more and that might help....
Are you using the silicon attachment? I've used that pretty much exclusively so far (except when using the Purr bowl) I find it can help considerably in making a good seal, which is crucial. As @Hackerman says, a good fitting bowl is also important. I guess I got lucky by starting with the Gandalf, which really works perfectly.

Edit: I should reiterate I also use a glass daisy with it, which maybe helps reduce hot spotting. Also, after an initial preheat at 5, I usually put it in the 30 second fire mode for each hit, 10-20 seconds it warms bowl and then I draw for the last 10-20 seconds, with a couple cigar puffs before.

Last edited:

Kins

Are you using the silicon attachment? I've used that pretty much exclusively so far (except when using the Purr bowl) I find it helps considerably in making a good seal, which is crucial. As @Hackerman says, a good fitting bowl is also important. I guess I got lucky by starting with the Gandalf, which really works perfectly.

Yes I'm using the silicone also. Gonna stop wasting my herb for now. I'll wait till I get the special purr bowl to try again.

Last edited:
Kins,

Kins

Well, well. Here's one for the record. I love this thing. It is, by far, the best looking item on my vape list. So incredibly solid in your hand. And, the concept is what I always wanted in a vape...... but the damn thing just didn't work. Tried every pipe I had. Bought 2 more and made 3 more. Nothing worked. Sure, I could get great taste and huge clouds, both. But, it takes so much fiddling, it's more of a toy than a usable vape. Warm up this. Seal with that. Where's my real vape.

I gave up on this thing more times than my marriage. ;)

Last night in the middle of the night I woke up with the thought in my head to try something else. WTF? I laughed out loud that I woke up thinking about this vape. LOL

So, envisioning my dream, today I got my old fashioned pipe from the 60's. You remember the kind.... made out of brass lamp parts. LMAO I'm sure they still sell them. Probably not many. I think the base metal is lead. LMAO Little wooden spool over the threaded hollow rod that holds it all together.

These 2 were so well mated, I'm certain that I heard them kiss when I put them together. LOL

No pre-heat up at all. It was damn near like lighting a bowl. I got such a huge hit I couldn't believe it. I have run though this over and over and it is totally amazing how many other pipes failed me and this old trusty rusty friend from an era long gone came through.

Another success story for the NEO storyboard, with a moral. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. LOL

Everybody loves a happy ending.

Yeah I almost just about gave up on it also. I ordered the special purr bowl made for it yesterday. Hoping it ships soon. Another order I made direct from purr and that shipped already, go figure.

Kins,

androponic

vaped.
Yeah I almost just about gave up on it also. I ordered the special purr bowl made for it yesterday. Hoping it ships soon. Another order I made direct from purr and that shipped already, go figure.
website says out of stock and ships early april. the in stock number is negative so they are selling but not on hand ATM.

androponic,

El Rawn Hubbard

I would load the end of the stem, using the soft rimmed screen to hold the herb in, but in the screen, not behind it like is done with a Tetra.

In this pic, (it should show up, if not, post #1432 in the Tubo/Evic thread), I pack the tophat with herb, the Neo sits over that, it's all in line, Neo facing up.

Sorry I'm not familiar with the soft rimmed screens. Is it turned the other way compared to the rimmed screen in that pic and then pushed into the opening?

Otherwise I don't understand how the herb doesn't fall down onto the heater if it's not 'behind' the screen when the opening points straight down?

El Rawn Hubbard,

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer of the Neo and Terp Surfer
Manufacturer
Hey all!

As part of our "Will it Neo" series, we recently MacGyvered a one-hitter with a silicone grommet... it worked so well that I just had to try out a Dynavap with the Neo. I borrowed one from a friend last night to test out and was impressed by the thoughtful engineering and airflow. Turns out that they play very well together!

-Mark

SatanLovestoVape

The customer service is spectacular. I never expected a quick response after posting about my failed chimney issue. Mark handle that quickly and efficiently with just a couple of messages. Today, I received a refurbished unit with a fresh battery and new silicone adapter. Plus, a handwritten note appreciating me as a customer. It felt nice.

JCat

Accessory Maker
The customer service is spectacular. I never expected a quick response after posting about my failed chimney issue. Mark handle that quickly and efficiently with just a couple of messages. Today, I received a refurbished unit with a fresh battery and new silicone adapter. Plus, a handwritten note appreciating me as a customer. It felt nice.
Yeah ... I really like this company and this vape :)

(just need that purr glass pipe now ;))

Kins

I would have waited to order my bowl if it was gonna take this long to actually ship it. They are still selling it on the site even though they don't have any in stock. Wish I could have ordered this direct from Purr. I placed an order with them the same day and it has already shipped.

Kins,

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer of the Neo and Terp Surfer
Manufacturer
I would have waited to order my bowl if it was gonna take this long to actually ship it. They are still selling it on the site even though they don't have any in stock. Wish I could have ordered this direct from Purr. I placed an order with them the same day and it has already shipped.

@Kins Yeah, waiting sucks...and I apologize. We had expected to have our next shipment of bowls early this week, but that didn't happen. Everyone who ordered a bowl should have received an email to explain the situation. If you didn't receive that, please dm me so we can make sure that we have your correct contact information. Of course, if you'd rather cancel your order instead, please let me know and we'll get you your money back immediately.

We have been working with Purr to tighten up the dimensions/specifications on the bowl and also improve the quality and production yields. They hand make each bowl, so variations are to be expected. But, there were challenges with keeping the lip perfectly flat during flame-polishing. And, it turns out that 8 holes at the bottom of a deep, steep-sided bowl is difficult to do by hand in a consistent fashion. So, a lot of bowls were failing during production, which wastes time and resources. We could have widened the bowl, but we think that the narrower, deeper bowl is more efficient for extraction.

So, we have also been testing the flow characteristics of a 6-hole bowl to ensure that it didn't introduce more hot spotting compared to the 8-hole. Based on the testing so far, it works just as well! After this next production run, we will be shifting to the 6-hole version instead and we will update the information on our website to reflect the new design.

Once again, I'm extremely sorry for the delay. Please let me know if you have any questions, and don't hesitate to contact me directly: mark@PrrlLabs.com; 844-662-6844

-Mark

StringTheorista

Does anyone have a coupon/discount code for Hemson pipes that they are willing to share? I’m about to get my Neo, and am eyeballing that pipe...

StringTheorista,
From their web site (if you can get a picture)...

We love seeing our goods in action! Enjoy 15% off your next order when you post your Hemson collectibles on Instagram. It’s easy:
That’s it, that’s all! We’ll send along a custom discount code.
Welcome to the Hemson community!

StringTheorista

Thanks, @Hackerman. Seems like I can only get a discount on my *second* hemson, lol.
Do you have that pipe? Do you like it?

Also, has anyone used a grav pebble spoon? Looks like it would fit, but I’m only looking online...

StringTheorista,

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
Since I love my Neo so much, I had to have a 2nd!

Mark was super awesome and sent a nice note along with this unique "proto-pipe". Super stoked to add it to my collection! The silicon gasket fits right over it and makes a great seal.

WLXTY5I.png

HeathenJefe

After repeated attempts to switch my 67 year old mother to vaping over the years with limited success, she seems to have really taken to the Neo. She's been using the base of her Vaporgenie that she never really got the hang of as her pipe and getting great performance. She just took it with her with it on trip.

Having used it myself I really enjoyed it but also really wishing I hadn't missed the boat on an Ember for my AF compatible mods. That would make my collection.

Top Bottom