Discontinued The NEO by Prrl Labs

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
Just ordered my Purr bowl, got an extra pair of silicone adapters too.
Got my Purr bowl too, of course Purr and Prrl had to team up!

The neo+Purr bowl are a beautiful pairing, real excited to see how it affects the avb consistency. The dosage required to reach the lip of the Neo seems nice and low too. I'm thinking it's ideal for my preferred style of finishing a bowl in 1-2 big bong rips, possibly with no stirring.... We shall see.

Kins

We are really excited to announce that we have partnered with Purr Glass to create a custom-designed glass bowl for the Neo. We reached out to Purr because of their commitment to producing high quality, custom pieces. When we finally talked with Linda and Chad, the owners, we knew we'd found the right partners. Though daily smokers, they embraced the Neo right away and have now been 4 weeks combustion-free. #fuckcombustion!

Built on a standard 14mm taper and made from high quality Schott glass, the bowl has a rim that perfectly mates with the Neo to ensure a good seal. We chose to put 8-holes evenly distributed around the bottom of the bowl, driving the airflow out to the edges where flow is limited in a single-hole bowl. This will even out the flow through the herb, increasing extraction. The double-wall construction helps with insulating the bowl, reducing the priming time, while keeping the outer surface cool to the touch.

We'll announce it at the AMA tomorrow, but it's available on our website now... We wanted this community to be the first to know. We have 12 in stock right now, but we should be getting more early next week.

-Mark

View attachment 6252

That's awesome I have a few Purr glass pieces and they are awesome!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
We are really excited to announce that we have partnered with Purr Glass to create a custom-designed glass bowl for the Neo. We reached out to Purr because of their commitment to producing high quality, custom pieces. When we finally talked with Linda and Chad, the owners, we knew we'd found the right partners. Though daily smokers, they embraced the Neo right away and have now been 4 weeks combustion-free. #fuckcombustion!

Built on a standard 14mm taper and made from high quality Schott glass, the bowl has a rim that perfectly mates with the Neo to ensure a good seal. We chose to put 8-holes evenly distributed around the bottom of the bowl, driving the airflow out to the edges where flow is limited in a single-hole bowl. This will even out the flow through the herb, increasing extraction. The double-wall construction helps with insulating the bowl, reducing the priming time, while keeping the outer surface cool to the touch.

We'll announce it at the AMA tomorrow, but it's available on our website now... We wanted this community to be the first to know. We have 12 in stock right now, but we should be getting more early next week.

-Mark

View attachment 6252

Damn that looks fantastic, love everything I just read, I think you may finally have me now...

Got my Purr bowl too, of course Purr and Prrl had to team up!

The neo+Purr bowl are a beautiful pairing, real excited to see how it affects the avb consistency. The dosage required to reach the lip of the Neo seems nice and low too. I'm thinking it's ideal for my preferred style of finishing a bowl in 1-2 big bong rips, possibly with no stirring.... We shall see.

This is exactly why it appeals to me more than any thing else here, looking forward to your reports!

Roffa

Just wanted to add since this post is about a month old and I just received mine last week. Mine had the battery terminal thing covering it as well. I moved it and it's working fine...no need to fix anything on my end...just wanted to bring awareness for your future customers!
One of the pleasures of pre-warming the bowl like this: i take the opportunity to really take in the scent of the herb from the bowl. Like wine tasting, or chinese tea tasting.

west-elec

100% agree, sipping the flavours before savoring the rest. The whole experience is something special. I like to use it when I have time to spend leisurely, pick a few choice specimens and dwell over the trichomes. It is very different from my other vapes so gives me a nice alternative, usually later in the evening.
Don't get me wrong you can do some quick rips once she is warm and I don't do preheat puffs much anymore. The wattage seems about right in that it isn't that easy to char or combust but doesn't take forever to clear the bowl. 2 or 3hits is all I ever need.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
P1979-2__28192.1576691542.JPG

This is a pretty cool idea ,if could be made to size to be used with the NEO :)).

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer of the Neo and Terp Surfer
Manufacturer
Thanks to everyone who joined our Reddit AMA yesterday! We had a lot of fun and folks asked some great questions. You can view the entire thread here.

A question came in later that asked about our core values and vision... I realized that I hadn't shared our thoughts on those with this community. So, I included the post below. We'd welcome any feedback!

Be well!

-m

1614961699126.png

Texus

My favorite detail about the Purr glass: "Furthermore, the double-wall construction provides greater insulation, increasing the efficiency and enabling the outside to stay cool to the touch. We love it!"

Keeping as much as possible cool to the touch is huge in my book.

Mr. Me2

So...my handmade briar pipe custom made for Neo use (@CDXX Pipes ) arrived!

I have to say, great craftsmanship and a joy to hold (and just look at). And he packed it in a really nice cloth case and included a bunch of extras. I don’t know if that was special for me or everybody will get it.

The bowl is bigger than most of my vapes and pipes. I think that’s a good thing because since this is true convection, I can stir and revisit rather than having to keep dumping and reloading.

The recessed lip is perfect (and designed) for the Neo. He included 2 size gaskets and said it could be used without too.

Just took it for its first test drive. And this sucker works GREAT!

Time for a confession. Before I got this pipe, I wasn’t getting great results with the Neo. Plus, I wasn’t loving the heat up time and the ritual was messy with the pipes I had. And then other new vapes arrived and the Neo got set aside.

With the CDXX pipe, it’s a MUCH easier and satisfying experience. I think I’m gonna really enjoy the ritual now.

Okay, back to getting to know my new toy. It’s gonna be a fun Saturday!

CDXX Pipes

Accessory Maker
So...my handmade briar pipe custom made for Neo use (@CDXX Pipes ) arrived!

I have to say, great craftsmanship and a joy to hold (and just look at). And he packed it in a really nice cloth case and included a bunch of extras. I don’t know if that was special for me or everybody will get it.

The bowl is bigger than most of my vapes and pipes. I think that’s a good thing because since this is true convection, I can stir and revisit rather than having to keep dumping and reloading.

The recessed lip is perfect (and designed) for the Neo. He included 2 size gaskets and said it could be used without too.

Just took it for its first test drive. And this sucker works GREAT!

Time for a confession. Before I got this pipe, I wasn’t getting great results with the Neo. Plus, I wasn’t loving the heat up time and the ritual was messy with the pipes I had. And then other new vapes arrived and the Neo got set aside.

With the CDXX pipe, it’s a MUCH easier and satisfying experience. I think I’m gonna really enjoy the ritual now.

Okay, back to getting to know my new toy. It’s gonna be a fun Saturday!
glad you're off to a flying start!
fyi: we do provide a variety of screens, gaskets, cleaning gear and a stirring tool

Deecee

Can this device get hot enough to come close to combust?

Just wondering how strong of a vape experience you can get from the Neo.

west-elec

I never have but you most surely could. Distance to load is a big factor. If your bowl is too deep you might have trouble getting dark extraction, too close and surface scorching more likely. Sweet spot depth might depend on your preferred draw speed, or rather you need slightly different technique on different bowls. For higher temps you pre heat a little longer and cigar puffs a little more first pull, I sometimes run 2 heat up cycles while I grind and load my first bowl so she is well primed. It builds up the heat with each hit up to a point, but never seems to get into that too hot always scorching zone.
With the right bowl and right technique you can push it right to the edge...just watch that last step!

Mr. Me2

I’ll add another plus to the @CDXX Pipes pipe. The dimensions of the bowl make stirring a pleasure!

That was one of my earlier peeves. The other pipes I was using had shallow bowls that sloped on an angle. Every stir made a mess, no matter how careful. The CDXX bowl goes straight down and stirring is easy and neat.

And he included a great stirring tool with a briar handle that fits in the hand (fingers, actually) naturally.

Edit - Has anyone tried charging their Neo battery in an external charger? I tried in my Nitecore and it didn’t seem to be charging. Just reinstalled it in the Neo and used its cable. That indicates the battery was charging. Weird.

Last edited:

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
Damn! My @CDXX Pipes pipe already arrived. That was crazy fast!

This thing is a treat to use with the Neo. It seals up perfectly. In addition to being perfect for stirring, the included stirring tool handle is just right for packing the pipe.

The airflow on this pipe is straight down through the bowl, getting a nice roast and good vapor. I put a basket screen in it to bring the herb a bit closer to the Neo.

El Rawn Hubbard

Can this device get hot enough to come close to combust?

Just wondering how strong of a vape experience you can get from the Neo.

It definitely can, but with the caveat that it almost entirely depends on the pipe/bowl being used.

I agree with what @west-elec said, that the distance to the load is a big factor along with the technique.

I've combusted once which was my fault. I don't think I turned the wattage down after preheating, didn't have enough airflow (blocked screen) and I over-packed, not taking into account that the load can expand quite a bit when it heats up. In this case the load puffed like popcorn, touched the quartz under the coil and combusted. I don't imagine this would happen often.

I mostly use an EQ bucket screen in an 18.8 male glass connection that sits inside the chimney and puts the load very close to the coil.

Roffa

Had some friends in to visit over the weekend and they brought their flowerpot along. By the time they left, we had barely used the Flowerpot and the Neo stole the show. Friends are considering replacing the flowerpot with the smaller, more compact Neo.
Recognizable. I have a friend who has ME and often is in a lot of pain. She was curious about using cannabis, so I went over with my little pipe, NEO (and yes a DynaVap to give her options), and some AK 020. She thought she had to smoke lots and then be stoned, so meso-dosing and vaping was a revelation. And the Neo and pipe combo won over the DynaVap. She experienced like I did: entourage effect, with all terpenes in play. I think she'll be ordering.

Top Bottom