Discontinued The NEO by Prrl Labs

El Rawn Hubbard

Hey Neo peeps - do you charge your Neo battery in an external charger or just plug in the Neo?
Only plugged-in so far. Impressed with the charge speed on a suitable USB port too.

I had planned to pick up a pair of spares and a charger but haven't needed to yet (and may not?) given that it's not my only device. The battery life has been more than adequate for a couple of bowls each night.

Ripstar

Ripstar,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

west-elec

Hey Neo peeps - do you charge your Neo battery in an external charger or just plug in the Neo?

It is quite satisfying popping open the magnetic battery door, and easy to pull the battery and charge externally with my others. Its probably slower but slower charge is better for battery life, isn't it? Bit of a technique aligning the battery for a snap in fit but easy once you know how.
I live in a hot climate and if the mod body feels hot after use I always pull the battery so it doesn't sit hot for too long. I want my shiny gold powerhouse to last.

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
This is exactly why it appeals to me more than any thing else here, looking forward to your reports!

OK the Purr Bowl has arrived, it's a thing of beauty, It is the most expensive and elaborately designed slide I have owned and seen. Always been a fan of the thimble shape with multiple holes ever since my sister got an Illadelph Sherlock that had (i think) 5 holes years ago. 8 in a circle is pretty much Loco to me so I paid no attention to the price tag.

The holes are perfect! Even with my intense primer puffs I wasn't sucking any plant matter through.

On the Neo's performance, as affirmed by the Purr Bowl, I am limited by my glass, and my lungs, alas. Almost finished the bowl in 2 hits, but all my pieces are rig-sized and I haven't experimented enough with lower temps on the Neo. With a larger bong, at high temps, the Neo/Purr can crush 0.25 in 2 hits, knocking out the bowl and toss back in between hits.

My avb was really consistent after 2 hits, but I would have liked to take slightly bigger hits and take the avb all the way in 2 hits, just can't do it on my rigs. Can't wait to test this out on a big 2-3-footer!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
OK the Purr Bowl has arrived, it's a thing of beauty, It is the most expensive and elaborately designed slide I have owned and seen. Always been a fan of the thimble shape with multiple holes ever since my sister got an Illadelph Sherlock that had (i think) 5 holes years ago. 8 in a circle is pretty much Loco to me so I paid no attention to the price tag.

The holes are perfect! Even with my intense primer puffs I wasn't sucking any plant matter through.

On the Neo's performance, as affirmed by the Purr Bowl, I am limited by my glass, and my lungs, alas. Almost finished the bowl in 2 hits, but all my pieces are rig-sized and I haven't experimented enough with lower temps on the Neo. With a larger bong, at high temps, the Neo/Purr can crush 0.25 in 2 hits, knocking out the bowl and toss back in between hits.

My avb was really consistent after 2 hits, but I would have liked to take slightly bigger hits and take the avb all the way in 2 hits, just can't do it on my rigs. Can't wait to test this out on a big 2-3-footer!

That sounds great, can you share photos?? So now Neo with Purr as a complete vape feels like my next purchase before mail ban

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
That sounds great, can you share photos?? So now Neo with Purr as a complete vape feels like my next purchase before mail ban
I will share pics of avb 1 and 2 hits in, it may take me a day though, the Purr just arrived anyhow.

I think at a slightly lower temp I may have better luck with my rigs. I put roughly the same amount of material in the Purr as I do my Vapbong. It is a totally different experience, I have a lot to learn about using the Neo, and I'd prefer to use my Vapbong. But when the Vapbong is cold and I need to medicate, the Neo kicks me faster than the crafty+.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I will share pics of avb 1 and 2 hits in, it may take me a day though, the Purr just arrived anyhow.

I think at a slightly lower temp I may have better luck with my rigs. I put roughly the same amount of material in the Purr as I do my Vapbong. It is a totally different experience, I have a lot to learn about using the Neo, and I'd prefer to use my Vapbong. But when the Vapbong is cold and I need to medicate, the Neo kicks me faster than the crafty+.

I was sorry I don't really need avb pics or anything, I was just hoping for more pics of the bowl itself... Maybe freshly loaded? Curious how much you are using now, can't remember how much you use in the vapbong, but I like a decent load there myself... Anyway take your time!

Yeah I would probably be using mine mostly through j hooks dry, I have quite a variety of female hooks now with a couple more coming... With the all glass screen it seems like a great way for flavor to shine through with low temps! Though of course I am also going to try upper temps through water...

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
We are really excited to announce that we have partnered with Purr Glass to create a custom-designed glass bowl for the Neo. We reached out to Purr because of their commitment to producing high quality, custom pieces. When we finally talked with Linda and Chad, the owners, we knew we'd found the right partners. Though daily smokers, they embraced the Neo right away and have now been 4 weeks combustion-free. #fuckcombustion!

Built on a standard 14mm taper and made from high quality Schott glass, the bowl has a rim that perfectly mates with the Neo to ensure a good seal. We chose to put 8-holes evenly distributed around the bottom of the bowl, driving the airflow out to the edges where flow is limited in a single-hole bowl. This will even out the flow through the herb, increasing extraction. The double-wall construction helps with insulating the bowl, reducing the priming time, while keeping the outer surface cool to the touch.

We'll announce it at the AMA tomorrow, but it's available on our website now... We wanted this community to be the first to know. We have 12 in stock right now, but we should be getting more early next week.

-Mark

View attachment 6252
Just ordered mine gang!:tup:

Mr. Me2

Been eyeing the Neo and I'm interested to hear some thoughts on how it compares to other vapes as well. Heat up times, vapor production, taste, etc. would be appreciated.
This is a ritual device, kind of like dynavap. It gives GREAT taste. There is heat up time (and you (at least initially) have to warm up the Neo first) so in that respect it does not compare to other on demand convection vapes. But the Neo is not a vape....

I see this as a great at home device. It’s just fun to use and effective. True convection.

Roffa

This is a ritual device, kind of like dynavap. It gives GREAT taste. There is heat up time (and you (at least initially) have to warm up the Neo first) so in that respect it does not compare to other on demand convection vapes. But the Neo is not a vape....

I see this as a great at home device. It’s just fun to use and effective. True convection.
Just adding that it extracts very efficiently. It's not just ritual and terpenes. Also, you can have full control over how you want to extract, because you have direct feedback in the device (heat setting, countdown gauge) and the bowl: you see everything happening, and you control a lot of that with your breath. Takes getting the hang of, but you get the full benefit of the herb and that includes being in close contact with it.

Kins

Just adding that it extracts very efficiently. It's not just ritual and terpenes. Also, you can have full control over how you want to extract, because you have direct feedback in the device (heat setting, countdown gauge) and the bowl: you see everything happening, and you control a lot of that with your breath. Takes getting the hang of, but you get the full benefit of the herb and that includes being in close contact with it.

It takes too much fiddling with it to get it to work correctly. Also holding it up each time can get to be a pain in the arse.

Kins,

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
So I prefer to always use the silicone seal, even on the Purr Bowl. The fiddling for the quartz on glass seal was honestly quite distracting for me. With the silicone seal the Neo will freely stand up in a well-fitted bowl, not that you shouldn't brace it as well. When the seal is perfect and you figure out how to gauge your temps and draw speed you can start getting vapor first try.

Compared to on-demand convection vapes...as in vapbong/elev8r? Closer to the elev8r I guess. A lot more effort required to coax thicker clouds out of your herb with the Neo, which I'm sure is intentional to prevent accidental combustion. It's also a sleek and efficient battery powered device. The flavor is comparable to the elev8r or even the Solo. On demand convection from a battery... Haven't tried the tiny might so I'm not sure how to compare it to other battery powered on demand convection vapes.

Said it before but I'll say it again, the Neo slaps me faster than the crafty+ with better flavor and less harshness. And my crafty sessions are usually pretty dang quick. (6-8 big bong rips about). 2-3 big hits off the Neo has me pretty good, it just takes a bit of coaxing/a longer draw. Of course I like to change it up for the different vapor signatures, that crafty really pushes vapor deep into your lungs. Hopefully I gave you guys a feel for how the Neo compares to some other vapes.

Woodisgood

So I prefer to always use the silicone seal, even on the Purr Bowl. The fiddling for the quartz on glass seal was honestly quite distracting for me. With the silicone seal the Neo will freely stand up in a well-fitted bowl, not that you shouldn't brace it as well. When the seal is perfect and you figure out how to gauge your temps and draw speed you can start getting vapor first try.

Compared to on-demand convection vapes...as in vapbong/elev8r? Closer to the elev8r I guess. A lot more effort required to coax thicker clouds out of your herb with the Neo, which I'm sure is intentional to prevent accidental combustion. It's also a sleek and efficient battery powered device. The flavor is comparable to the elev8r or even the Solo. On demand convection from a battery... Haven't tried the tiny might so I'm not sure how to compare it to other battery powered on demand convection vapes.

Said it before but I'll say it again, the Neo slaps me faster than the crafty+ with better flavor and less harshness. And my crafty sessions are usually pretty dang quick. (6-8 big bong rips about). 2-3 big hits off the Neo has me pretty good, it just takes a bit of coaxing/a longer draw. Of course I like to change it up for the different vapor signatures, that crafty really pushes vapor deep into your lungs. Hopefully I gave you guys a feel for how the Neo compares to some other vapes.
Interesting to hear about your experience. Can I ask if you think the purr bowl is worth it if the silicone seal is still required for best results?

Trackrat

Well it's a sad day at my house. After heavy, daily usage, the quartz chimney on my Neo fell out. I guess the glue couldn't handle the high temperature. Always on 5 diamonds. There is only 3 tiny little dabs to hold it in place. But it's no biggie. Just need to know what kind of glue that I should buy to repair it. I was thinking maybe gorilla glue ? Anyway here's a picture in case anyone wants to see what's under the chimney.

Picture won't upload, sorry
Well, now it's a great day at my house. My Neo is home. I would like to thank Team Neo for taking care of my baby. I was starting to miss her as it was in daily rotation, along with my splinter and impcognito. I've been using my Neo with my sbj and my elev8r bowl. So while she's been away, I'd acquired a noisy cricket. 😊 I'll be giving that a whirl tonight. Give me 5 diamonds. Thanks again Team Neo. You guys took care of me in a good way. 🌬☁☁☁

Top Bottom