Discontinued The NEO by Prrl Labs

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Here you go. And this is not exactly dialed in but you get the idea. Prototype unit here. Using it with a regular old male to male bowl with a screen in it. 30w autofire running sur_myevic not the stock mod. I don't have one of those but they look pretty sleek with the white neo.

Prrl Labs Neo

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Thanks brother, I saw this on your IG last night! Do you anticipate carrying theses in your store?

Have you been testing your unit dry, or do you tend to prefer exclusively through water?

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

Here you go. And this is not exactly dialed in but you get the idea. Prototype unit here. Using it with a regular old male to male bowl with a screen in it. 30w autofire running sur_myevic not the stock mod. I don't have one of those but they look pretty sleek with the white neo.

Prrl Labs Neo
Any way to view this without signing in?

Hippie

This is the reply I got when I asked about the heating element

No halogen... the heating element is made from a proprietary super alloy manufactured here in the US and is in the same family as Inconel. Due to it's high corrosion resistance and strength at high temperatures, it's been used in rocket and jet engines. We've run it for thousand of thermal cycles without noticeable degradation.

Inconel is a registered trademark of Special Metals Corporation for a family of austenitic nickel-chromium-based superalloys. Inconel alloys are oxidation-corrosion-resistant materials well suited for service in extreme environments subjected to pressure and heat.

arb

Semi shaved ape
I assume iconel 600 but it could be 718 or a few others.
All of which do scale at temperature depending on which grade and temp applied.

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Any way to view this without signing in?
TBH I don't really know. I can send it over to you on IG if you have an account there. I am guessing you need to sign in because it is age restricted. Something YT makes you adhere to.

Mods please merge I forgot to answer this one and you can't edit and quote

Thanks brother, I saw this on your IG last night! Do you anticipate carrying theses in your store?

Have you been testing your unit dry, or do you tend to prefer exclusively through water?

They will be available to me in early 2021. I will stock them. I tend to use the Neo dry more actually. I just did water for the purposes of the video. One of my favorite ways is that same male/male on a glass sherlock. Mmm yummy.

Last edited:

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer of the Neo and Terp Surfer
Manufacturer
A huge THANK YOU to all you who pre-ordered a NEO. We are thrilled by the global response and can't wait to deliver! Just spoke with our Dir of Manufacturing yesterday and we still seem to be on track for a mid-November production of 500. We'd love to be able to get those all packaged and out to folks by T-day. It's my fave holiday to be curly... well, pretty much any holiday is better, but Thanksgiving tops it for me.

Thought you might like to see a map of purchases as of yesterday afternoon... Thanks again for your support!

Attachments

• Neo sales - global 9-25-20.png
    Neo sales - global 9-25-20.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 80
  • Neo sales US 9-25-20.png
    Neo sales US 9-25-20.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 79
  • Neo sales - EU+ 9-25-20.png
    Neo sales - EU+ 9-25-20.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 70

RezFrog

Hey! I just pre-ordered and am super excited to get my hands on one of these! I was going to pick up an Ember but then noticed you were coming out with this one. Glad I waited a couple of weeks! Excited to try this out with some of my current glass.

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer
Hey! I just pre-ordered and am super excited to get my hands on one of these! I was going to pick up an Ember but then noticed you were coming out with this one. Glad I waited a couple of weeks! Excited to try this out with some of my current glass.

So glad that you were able to pick one up!

RezFrog

One of my favorite ways is that same male/male on a glass sherlock. Mmm yummy.

@VGOODIEZ would you mind sharing the details on that adapter you're using? I'd like to try something similar when my Neo arrives :D

I read something about a silicone adapter on the website... I imagine this will make it easier to adapt to all kinds of glass? Hopefully that's included :)

Any ideas about what types of bowls the Neo fits on its own? Standard 14mm, 18mm, etc.

Thanks!

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
@VGOODIEZ would you mind sharing the details on that adapter you're using? I'd like to try something similar when my Neo arrives :D

I read something about a silicone adapter on the website... I imagine this will make it easier to adapt to all kinds of glass? Hopefully that's included :)

Any ideas about what types of bowls the Neo fits on its own? Standard 14mm, 18mm, etc.

Thanks!
I am not to share links to my my own site here on FC but lots just a standard male to male adapter. This one happens to me a 19mm male / 14mm male and includes a handle. This makes a glass on glass seal. I would have to play around with the other adapters but if I remember right there are multiple versions that will work.

Drug

Some more info on that:

The NEO's chimney is 19mm OD and 16.5mm ID. With the silicone adapter, that OD become ~21.5mm around the chimney itself, but the leading edge is tapered down to 17mm and seals pretty well with most bowls. It works best with bowls who's top diameter is at least 18mm...though a bit wider is better for most bowl shapes so that it snuggles down inside the rim like with the Hemson pipe or Miwak Jr pipes that are in our pics.

That said, we've been able to get pretty good seals with smaller diameter bowls that have a wide top rim which the adapter can seal against. In that case, we invert the silicone collar and it flares out slightly at the tip to make a kind of suction cup shape... It doesn't really work with small, narrow rim bowls, nor most narrow-body chillums and one-hitters----yet.

I've been doing some scouting online myself, for a sturdy pipe to use when I go camping. I came across a titanium one with a ~20mm bowl on eBay. Should pair well with the adapter. Sold from UK, ships for around 42€ to my address which is very affordable compared to other ti pipes I found. Think I'm gonna give that one a try once my Neo is on its way.

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer
I've been doing some scouting online myself, for a sturdy pipe to use when I go camping. I came across a titanium one with a ~20mm bowl on eBay. Should pair well with the adapter.

The Neo will work on many different sizes of bowls and pipes... I'll post a few more details later, but just wanted to put out a quick note on metal pipes.

Vaporization is so dependent on managing heat and airflow... while we haven't experimented a lot with metal pipes, the couple we did try took a lot more coaxing than other pipes. We believe that this is because metal rapidly conducts the heat away from the bowl, thus pulling the thermal energy from the air stream, and reducing the amount of energy being used to vaporize your weed. We've had the most success from wood, glass, and ceramic pipes.

Something to consider... I wouldn't want you to sink €s or $s into a cool pipe, then be disappointed.

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer
I'm wondering how the Neo would work with this here corn cob pipe...https://corncobpipe.com/product/the-emerald-corn-cob-pipe/

The chamber diameter is 19.05mm. That should work right? I'd make everyone call me Pappy while I hit it.

Well, Pappy, that's a mighty fine piece, indeed...😁

Given that the quartz chimney of the Neo is also 19mm, it'll be interesting. It will definitely work with the adapter on, but without the adapter, it'll be a matter of tolerances. Guess that I'd be more concerned about how much weed that bowl will hold...that's some serious depth! 😎

What we've done with a couple of tobacco pipes is to split the bowl with a SS screen into an upper and lower chamber, such as cutting short lengths of boro that are crowned/notched on the lower end, while the screen rests on the top edge. That way, the column of air pulls nice and evenly through the herb; rather than it channeling it's way through the herb to the single opening at the bottom. There are probably better ways to do that...

Top Bottom