Discontinued The NEO by Prrl Labs

keepinjivealive

There should be links to complete repair instructions further up in this thread. Be cool if there was firmware for the Ego-C mod they use so you could bring your own if they die. Maybe there is.
Thank you.
But I didn't purchase the repair kit/ parts so instructions are good but won't help in my case. Actually, I remember getting an email from the company after announcing the closing that communicated there would be repair videos posted soon (at the time; believe those have been deleted since. )
I'm really hoping some clever folks begin to repair these as a service.

keepinjivealive,
Reactions: budski

akit4so

Tobacco Vapourist
I also have two non-working Neos. Found my way here to search for someone who can fix them. New here so feel free to direct me, anyone!

No atomiser error, same here.

Mines are both chimny came off due to ceramic bonding issue. but thread locker is problems.
I couldn't remove Neo from atomiser. Anyone could success break thread locker?:(

By the way, I could flash ArctisFox in the mod of Neo with folloing this site.

akit4so,

drainbamage

No atomiser error, same here.

Mines are both chimny came off due to ceramic bonding issue. but thread locker is problems.
I couldn't remove Neo from atomiser. Anyone could success break thread locker?:(

By the way, I could flash ArctisFox in the mod of Neo with folloing this site.
So then you just need the right ceramic bonding compound and a kiln, but you gotta get the thing off? I met the dude in person to fix my Neo right after it was discontinued, I'll check if he's still not monitoring this channel and I still have his info.

keepinjivealive

So then you just need the right ceramic bonding compound and a kiln, but you gotta get the thing off? I met the dude in person to fix my Neo right after it was discontinued, I'll check if he's still not monitoring this channel and I still have his info.
There's hope yet.
Man, I miss using my glass.

I don't trust myself to attempt repairs myself, even if I did have repair parts and instructions. 😐

akit4so

Tobacco Vapourist
Yup, I tried to remove atomiser. Heating heatsink part by tourch but out of luck. :(
I am going to try to repair Neo by e-cig coil If atomiser could remove from mod.

Thank you mate, I'm waiting for good info:tup:

akit4so,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
airvape cap right in the chimney and use any tm2 stem with a sili grommet on it and It hits just as hard. I can set the caps as a bowl in a 14m piece and "light" it w/neo! gonna be fun to :science:with, now hunting for a nice piece of wood
Finally got around to trying this. Great idea! The avlp caps are really something special. They taste great and are so versatile.

I have a white Neo that has always seemed underpowered. I don't get great results unless I'm at 3 diamond power levels. I stacked two avlp caps vertically inside the terp surfer bowl and put flower only in the top one. The other is just a spacer to get closer to the heater.

Now I'm finally getting closer to the darker roast I was looking for... all while preserving that incredible Neo taste.

TigoleBitties,
  • Love
Reactions: budski

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Now I'm finally getting closer to the darker roast I was looking for... all while preserving that incredible Neo taste.
I would never put a dosing cap in there myself but a spacer makes sense, as you said.

For me, the thing that gets the most extraction out of the Neo is slowing your draw speed. Inhale as slow as you are physically able and then tweak it from there.

Grass Yes,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I would never put a dosing cap in there myself but a spacer makes sense, as you said.
I thought the gold plating wouldn't amount to much but it really seems effective at having a neutral taste effect.
For me, the thing that gets the most extraction out of the Neo is slowing your draw speed. Inhale as slow as you are physically able and then tweak it from there.
Yeah believe me, I've tried. I have pretty decent lung control and I can inhale low and slow for nearly the entire 30s timer but it only helps marginally. I can live with 3 diamonds I suppose 🤷‍♂️

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Yeah believe me, I've tried. I have pretty decent lung control and I can inhale low and slow for nearly the entire 30s timer but it only helps marginally. I can live with 3 diamonds I suppose 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, the Neo is also that kind of device, so I totally get it. Given some of your other vapes, I figured you had tried it. I thought I should mention it for others who stumble on this thread too.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Yeah, the Neo is also that kind of device, so I totally get it. Given some of your other vapes, I figured you had tried it. I thought I should mention it for others who stumble on this thread too.
Actually hold that thought... I may need to serve myself a helping of some crow here.

I just went back to the Neo to experiment some more and now I'm getting bowls with a great roast even at level 0. Before experimenting with the 1 avlp cap spacer + 1 avlp cap as bowl, I would require level 3 for loose flower in the terp surfer. Now level 0 is just fine since the flower is much closer to the heater. I stupidly forgot to take the lid off the cap with the flower in it and the extra metal in the way of the heater didn't help me in my first run.

In my next go, I'll try removing the extra avlp cap-as-a-spacer and keep the flower in a single avlp cap seated within the titanium terp surfer bowl (it's a perfect fit). I think perhaps just having a taller, more tightly packed cylindrical load in a cap instead of loose flower laying low in the bowl will help reduce my battery level needs.

I always regretted not buying the little quartz bowls from Prrl when they were still around. I often saw pictures of ppl using the terp surfer with these quartz bowls inside.

budski

cantre member
I use it on 3 diamonds, put the cap in, lid to the oven screen, this funnels the heat through the cap, super dark roast on the second heating.
I'll try it on 1 tonight
53796605425_e41165ea8e_c.jpg

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I use it on 3 diamonds, put the cap in, lid to the oven screen, this funnels the heat through the cap, super dark roast on the second heating.
I'll try it on 1 tonight
53796605425_e41165ea8e_c.jpg
Yeah that's funky! Try removing the lid and see if you can reduce your heat further. Looks like it could be tasty.

Edit: I tried using only a single avlp cap with open lid inside the terp surfer. The cap just serves to create a taller cylindrical bowl of flower within the wider terp surfer bowl. This did the trick for me. Now I get great, even roasts on power level 1. I guess those quartz bowls with holes in the bottom Prrl used to sell really made the experience better.

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
The Neo is back in my rotation in a big way.

I've always wanted a bit more power out of my Neo but never bothered to do much about it. Now I've fixed the power problem by bringing the load way closer to the heater. I grabbed SneakyPete's silicone master adapter and threw a gold plated avlp cap in there. It fit perfectly with just the right amount of room and depth for the Neo's chimney to form a tight seal against the silicone.

I knew you could get great taste from the Neo because I have a terp surfer, but this roast was so great. Tastiest bowl I've had in some time. I already had concern about the avlp caps and certainly the silicone potentially ruining the taste but color me impressed. Tasted great.

I can really see how proximity to a heater allows you to open up the capability of a unit by maximizing its power range. I'm getting great roasts at nothing beyond level 2. Also, the temp stepping journey from 0->1->2 is a taster's delight.

Last edited:

sansei

I'm not here for a long time, but for a good time
The Neo is back in my rotation in a big way.

I've always wanted a bit more power out of my Neo but never bothered to do much about it. Now I've fixed the power problem by bringing the load way closer to the heater. I grabbed SneakyPete's silicone master adapter and threw a gold plated avlp cap in there. It fit perfectly with just the right amount of room and depth for the Neo's chimney to form a tight seal against the silicone.

I knew you could get great taste from the Neo because I have a terp surfer, but this roast was so great. Tastiest bowl I've had in some time. I already had concern about the avlp caps and certainly the silicone potentially ruining the taste but color me impressed. Tasted great.

I can really see how proximity to a heater allows you to open up the capability of a unit by maximizing its power range. I'm getting great roasts at nothing beyond level 2. Also, the temp stepping journey from 0->1->2 is a taster's delight.
very clever. I was using a loose screen in the crystal bowl to bring my flower closer. I may need to try this...

Last edited:
Top Bottom