Discontinued The NEO by Prrl Labs

lapis

Got the chance to play with my Neo over the weekend (VGEZ actually did include a battery with mine, though I'm unsure if that was by mistake or what). I used my Lotus bowl on a jhook and slipped the Neo over it to vape.

It was a delight. I don't think this will stop me from using my Lotus and other butane vapes (I sometimes really enjoy the ritual), but the fact I didn't have to think about anything like flame length or technique was really nice, and I'd say I got at least 9/10 of the flavor I'd get from my Lotus – and that remaining bit of flavor might just be down to figuring out ideal heat setting and draw speed. I have a pipe on order to use with this thing, and honestly I think it'll become my main vape once that gets delivered.

Which is all to say, what a cool device! And what a shame the company went under right around when I discovered its existence, this is such a unique device and it's really a shame it didn't reach critical mass, popularity-wise. Like, I can definitely see how the Neo requiring a separate pipe and having pretty strict bowl diameter restrictions could make many balk at the original $200 price tag, but the $100 I paid was well worth it for essentially getting a flameless pipe experience with convection vape flavor!

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Got the chance to play with my Neo over the weekend (VGEZ actually did include a battery with mine, though I'm unsure if that was by mistake or what). I used my Lotus bowl on a jhook and slipped the Neo over it to vape.

It was a delight. I don't think this will stop me from using my Lotus and other butane vapes (I sometimes really enjoy the ritual), but the fact I didn't have to think about anything like flame length or technique was really nice, and I'd say I got at least 9/10 of the flavor I'd get from my Lotus – and that remaining bit of flavor might just be down to figuring out ideal heat setting and draw speed. I have a pipe on order to use with this thing, and honestly I think it'll become my main vape once that gets delivered.

Which is all to say, what a cool device! And what a shame the company went under right around when I discovered its existence, this is such a unique device and it's really a shame it didn't reach critical mass, popularity-wise. Like, I can definitely see how the Neo requiring a separate pipe and having pretty strict bowl diameter restrictions could make many balk at the original $200 price tag, but the $100 I paid was well worth it for essentially getting a flameless pipe experience with convection vape flavor!
What pipe did you go with?

CanikUser19,
Reactions: lapis

lapis

What pipe did you go with?
I ordered this one from StagAndBanner on Etsy (but requested purple highlighting instead of red), they look super nice and have good reviews. I was actually talking with him about getting a custom-made pipe for my Lotus awhile back, but the Neo negates the need for anything custom (he drills ¾"/19mm bowls by default).

Since it's handmade and he makes them as he receives orders, it'll be a few weeks before I have mine in-hand, but I'll post here about it when I do!

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
I ordered this one from StagAndBanner on Etsy (but requested purple highlighting instead of red), they look super nice and have good reviews. I was actually talking with him about getting a custom-made pipe for my Lotus awhile back, but the Neo negates the need for anything custom (he drills ¾"/19mm bowls by default).

Since it's handmade and he makes them as he receives orders, it'll be a few weeks before I have mine in-hand, but I'll post here about it when I do!
I’ll check him out. I recently bought a Neo pipe and a couple of Convectoriums from @CDXX Pipes on Etsy. Top notch stuff. Check him out before they’re all sold. He’s going custom orders only now since the Neo has been discontinued.

lapis

I’ll check him out. I recently bought a Neo pipe and a couple of Convectoriums from @CDXX Pipes on Etsy. Top notch stuff. Check him out before they’re all sold. He’s going custom orders only now since the Neo has been discontinued.
Yeah, I’m excited!

CDXX pipes are wayyyyy out of budget for me, like 3-8x the price of the one I ordered. Plus I’m not really down with the aesthetic of most of his pipes.

lapis,

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Yeah, I’m excited!

CDXX pipes are wayyyyy out of budget for me, like 3-8x the price of the one I ordered. Plus I’m not really down with the aesthetic of most of his pipes.
Gotcha. Let us know how the Neo fits once you get the new pipe in.

CanikUser19,
Reactions: lapis

martinstraka8282

I got my Neo finally and it has worked pretty well with the two bowls I bought off AliExpress that I linked earlier. The Silicone adapter actually goes around the outside of the bowl and seals well.

Anyways, I'm curious what thoughts on how the new EQ2 bowls might work with it? They look to have a short end where the glass screen is close to the bottom of the ground joint. Since it's an 18mm joint, the Neo with silicone adapter should mate well with it, but not sure if the screen is considered too low?

And I mean in the short configuration, obviously the screen is much too low the long way.

Last edited:
martinstraka8282,
Reactions: Octavia

coolbreeze

Hope you all are enjoying your Neos. I'm flavor roasting some good ol' GDP. Cheers!
IMG-6921.jpg

EZ Wind

Lost Sailor
I had some bad luck a few nights ago and broke a chimney. I dusted off my spare Neo and my luck got worse -- after one bowl it went "no atomizer". Same night. My question is this -- could I combine parts from these two to get one working Neo? Has anyone found a source for pre-cut chimneys? Or for heater coils/wire? Thanks in advance for any help.

coolbreeze

I had some bad luck a few nights ago and broke a chimney. I dusted off my spare Neo and my luck got worse -- after one bowl it went "no atomizer". Same night. My question is this -- could I combine parts from these two to get one working Neo? Has anyone found a source for pre-cut chimneys? Or for heater coils/wire? Thanks in advance for any help.
I don't see anything listed anymore but I think @VGOODIEZ had the remaining stock which initially included repair kits. Maybe ask them and see if there's anything left?

coolbreeze,

Roffa

You could exchange the zirconium + chimney combo from one neo to the other. A couple of posts up in this thread the manufacturer has instructions for this. I replaced the atomizer with a spare one I bought. I followed the instructions and it went fine.

Top Bottom