• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The most important vaporization discussion we need to have. (Your Vape Mail)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Me too. And many butane ones to boot. I too will be just fine. :lol:

This may be harder on folks new to vaping, tho. The butane based vapes may well get a leg up. Especially those that use Thermal Extraction Devices instead of vapes... :cool:

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
One point bears mentioning: the ruling specifically applies only to the USPS and FedEx. DHL and UPS are voluntarily complying (🖕).

Boutique couriers aren’t bound by the ruling and will be happy to deliver you the goods for added expense due to being boutiques among giants.

Also, B2B shipping is still legal. So all the local head shops just got a boost.

Ultimately, like with most such legislation, you can still get what you want, but it’ll cost ya.

florduh

EightVape, a nicotine vape shop, says they have a network of boutique shippers, but they're operating mostly in larger States. They claim the price will rise, slightly.

I don't know how a business can survive long term though if they go from shipping to 50 States down to 20 though.

It also seems like a whole bunch of companies are just sort of going for it. Hamilton Devices has said they are going to continue shipping empty ccell carts. I admire the balls, but...

florduh

And some will probably end up as martyrs before this all gets worked out, unfortunately :(

Sucks, but if a site that only sells cannabis vapes gets fucked by the law, maybe they could be martyrs?

Might be the one thing that gets some media attention on this issue. Especially if it’s framed as the government going after small businesses that offer safe administration routes for medical users.

flammy

Greenlane, one of the largest distributors of cannabis devices (and owner of Puff It Up) just sent out a notice to its stakeholders. The following is an excerpt:

"Greenlane is pleased that the final rules do not prohibit the mailing of devices that are only compatible with solid concentrates and/or dry herb material. The rules do, however, prohibit using USPS to send devices that are capable of use with liquids and oils (e.g., 510 batteries and pre-filled hemp CBD vaporizers)."

Last edited:

Adobewan

Greenlane, one of the largest distributors of cannabis devices (and owner of Puff It Up) just sent out a notice to its stakeholders. The following is an excerpt:

"Greenlane is pleased that the final rules do not prohibit the mailing of devices that are only compatible with solid concentrates and/or dry herb material. The rules do, however, prohibit using USPS to send devices that are capable of use with liquids and oils (e.g., 510 batteries and prerolled hemp CBD vaporizers)."
Again, we need some more buttons, like "Jumping for Joy!"
Thanks for the share @flammy

Adobewan,
Reactions: flammy

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I don't know how a business can survive long term though if they go from shipping to 50 States down to 20 though.

Ahem... UK went from being able to trade freely with 27 states down to 1 😂 all but destroyed my business heheh... so funny!!! I laugh every day about this and the people who thought it was a good idea who are now crying they can't get any stock for their shops or sell their fish 😂😂😂

It's not all bad, it's character building... when you literally lose everything, several times over in your life, you just become impervious to idiots, like water off a ducks back! 😂 😃🙄😁😂🤔:wave:😎

"Greenlane is pleased that the final rules do not prohibit the mailing of devices that are only compatible with solid concentrates and/or dry herb material. The rules do, however, prohibit using USPS to send devices that are capable of use with liquids and oils (e.g., 510 batteries and prerolled hemp CBD vaporizers)."

Did I or did I not say so.... hope you all feel happier now

Slow Motion Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

florduh

Ahem... UK went from being able to trade freely with 27 states down to 1 😂 all but destroyed my business heheh... so funny!!! I laugh every day about this and the people who thought it was a good idea who are now crying they can't get any stock for their shops or sell their fish 😂😂😂

Did I or did I not say so.... hope you all feel happier now

Slow Motion Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

f1e.png

flammy

How do you pre-roll a vaporizer :rofl:

my bad. that was a typo...it should read pre-filled rather than prerolled. I fixed the post as well.

One very notable aspect of their statement is "devices that are only compatible with solid concentrates" which indicates to me that they believe e-rigs are exempt while carts etc are not. The latter is expected but e-rigs is a grey area so its good to see that they are taking this approach.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

"Greenlane is pleased that the final rules do not prohibit the mailing of devices that are only compatible with solid concentrates and/or dry herb material. The rules do, however, prohibit using USPS to send devices that are capable of use with liquids and oils (e.g., 510 batteries and pre-filled hemp CBD vaporizers)."

Happy Will Ferrell GIF

Ramahs,
Reactions: florduh

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
When I was a cigarette smoker I made my own filtered smokes with a kit and I'd order cigarette tobacco online.
Then ordering cigarette tobacco online was banned.
So, the companies rebranded their cigarette tobacco as "multi use" pipe tobacco. Same thing, different verbiage.
The same thing more or less will probably happen with vaping hardware.
The lie that this is to protect the children is absurdly transparent as you can't place an order online
for any of this unless you're 21.
We'll have to see what happens, there's always a hole in the wall,
but I hope this makes all of you angry about govt overreach.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
When I was a cigarette smoker I made my own filtered smokes with a kit and I'd order cigarette tobacco online.
Then ordering cigarette tobacco online was banned.
So, the companies rebranded their cigarette tobacco as "multi use" pipe tobacco. Same thing, different verbiage.
The same thing more or less will probably happen with vaping hardware.
The lie that this is to protect the children is absurdly transparent as you can't place an order online
for any of this unless you're 21.
We'll have to see what happens, there's always a hole in the wall,
but I hope this makes all of you angry about govt overreach.

This is the right take, spot on :tup:

Us hoooomens always find a way...

kel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
This is the right take, spot on :tup:

Us hoooomens always find a way...

I also suggest we think carefully and analytically before voting, rather than vote straight party line.
We want to be left alone to live our lives, right?
That will take applying a metaphoric high colonic to the govt to achieve that, via voting.
It us to up to make that happen.

jeffp,
Reactions: kel

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I also suggest we think carefully and analytically before voting, rather than vote straight party line.
We want to be left alone to live our lives, right?
That will take applying a metaphoric high colonic to the govt to achieve that, via voting.
It us to up to make that happen.

Ahh yes, the illusion of choice!

The dividing line, over which we all fall...

noobvaperct

Just got an email from a nicotine vape company I've shopped at (eightvape.com):

"Recent congressional amendments to the PACT Act, signed into law as part of an omnibus spending bill, have broadened the definition of tobacco products to include vapes and vaping supplies. E-liquids, mods, kits, disposables, pod systems, and all other vaping items are now defined as tobacco products, and as such, they will be regulated more harshly.

In fact, Congress has prohibited USPS from shipping vape products, and FedEx and UPS intend to stop shipping vape products as well. We work with these carriers exclusively to fulfill orders, so we’re forced to adapt swiftly and change service handlers.

For your information, the carriers will stop shipping vape products on these dates:
  • FedEx, March 1
  • UPS, April 5
  • United States Postal Service (USPS), April 26

We’re working to engage a network of alternative carriers to fulfill our orders (and we’re optimistic about our success), but as a precaution we’re advising customers to stock up on vape supplies before the dates above, just to ensure you have what you need.

Our goal is to continue providing fast, affordable delivery, but we know that customers in remote areas may have greater difficulty receiving vape mail in the future."
Are you saying to be absolutely safe, I need to order something now? I've been sitting and waiting on the FPB1...

noobvaperct,

florduh

Are you saying to be absolutely safe, I need to order something now? I've been sitting and waiting on the FPB1...

The dates in that post were all from a year ago. Though the shit seemed to hit the fan in the late Fall. I think there are still shippers risking it though.

florduh,
Top Bottom