The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

thisguy

Has anyone found a reliable USB/DC barrel plug adapter to run and charge the original Mighty from a power bank?
Prefacing this with a sincere apology as this may be an incorrect (at the least inept) method for asking for power bank information for my OG Mighty. I’m seeking specific product name/model. I’ve searched forums/threads finding old or tech oriented information. Any help is appreciated. Your barrel plug question led me to assume you may already have a suitable power bank.

Has anyone found a reliable USB/DC barrel plug adapter to run and charge the original Mighty from a power bank?

thisguy,

Petetbay

NiceInvasion said:
“Prefacing this with a sincere apology as this may be an incorrect (at the least inept) method for asking for power bank information for my OG Mighty. I’m seeking specific product name/model. I’ve searched forums/threads finding old or tech oriented information. Any help is appreciated. Your barrel plug question led me to assume you may already have a suitable power bank.”

Answer:
There is no usb/dc adapter for the OG Mighty only 12vdc car adapter which can be supplied by a 12vdc source like a portable car battery booster. I use the 12vdc adapters for my OG Mighty, Solo 2 and my Dynavap IH‘s to draw down the the booster to exercise it as they need to be drawn down and recharged regularly or they fail from non-use. Booster also does USB supply so any USB capable device can be charged as well.

Last edited:
Petetbay,

thisguy

NiceInvasion said:

“Prefacing this with a sincere apology as this may be an incorrect (at the least inept) method for asking for power bank information for my OG Mighty. I’m seeking specific product name/model. I’ve searched forums/threads finding old or tech oriented information. Any help is appreciated. Your barrel plug question led me to assume you may already have a suitable power bank.”

Answer:
There is no usb/dc adapter for the OG Mighty only 12vdc car adapter which can be supplied by a 12vdc source like a portable car battery booster. I use the 12vdc adapters for my OG Mighty, Solo 2 and my Dynavap IH‘s to draw down the the booster to exercise it as they need to be drawn down and recharged regularly or they fail from non-use. Booster also does USB supply so any USB capable device can be charged as well.
Thank you

thisguy,
Reactions: Petetbay

nightwing

It’s weird. Of all the features I have wished the Mighty+ had, I have never worried about it standing up. If it stood up, either the dog or myself would knock it over. It’s better all around if I lay it down to start with. I wish I could lay my damn bong on its side. Well, I do lay it on it’s side regularly, but it’s never intentional and always leaves a mess.
Right here man :

That and the Delta 3D Studios WPA are fuck game changers for the Mighty

those paired with some cheap glass off DHGate is chefs kiss

Vitolo

Vaporist
I just received a Mighty+ and am beside myself with joy.
The original Mighty CU is really a cool experience... like breathing air.
POTV has made a Mighty Glass Adapter, that is a direct shot of vapor without the use of cooling baffles etc.
I tried it out here:

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have to comment here that I do love my Mighty+ an awful lot.
That out of the way..
My original Mighty has seen a large amount of use.
I was gone in Federal Prison, then while I was on almost 3 years of Parole, I had all of my repair tools and ALL of my vaporizers in storage.
I got everything back at home now, and my days are filled with me charging portables and batteries.
3+ years later, I went to charge the old original Mighty... and it had a full charge already.
I have been using it for a few hours today and the battery level is still impressive.
Kudos S&B for a Really good battery and configuration!

hardlawjockey

Had something weird happen with my mighty+ last night.

Heated up to around 250F and then the temp stopped going up. Got very hot, smelled something burning, and then smoke started coming out just above the LCD screen. Turned off, let it cool a bit before turning back on - same thing.

Swapped out the dosing capsule with a new one and then it worked normally. Tried the original capsule again and it worked okay so I don't think there was anything wrong with the capsule.

I did charge and clean the unit earlier in the day but didn't remove the screen in the bottom of the chamber. Never changed it, BTW, as I always use capsules and it never looks dirty. I just swab it with alcohol.

Anybody ever experience something like this or have any idea what happened.? Will contact S&B if it happens again (still under warranty).

hardlawjockey,
  • Wow
Reactions: stonedbob

Ray11

3+ years later, I went to charge the old original Mighty... and it had a full charge already.
I have been using it for a few hours today and the battery level is still impressive.
Kudos S&B for a Really good battery and configuration!
Love to hear that music to my ears! :) OG Mighty battery level of almost 5 years surprisingly still keeps with my 1+ year old Plus. Those are just built different lol

Last edited:

WirtDog

I pulled out my OG Mighty several days ago intending to try it again. Using 2 clean CU's with screens removed and larger titanium stems on both. Using lightly packed dosing capsules I was unable to get any satisfactory vapor. This mild mod delivered nice clouds the last time I used it. My only complaint was the harshness of the vapor.

Now it feels like it has very poor air flow. Before I did this mod on the CU I read and followed all tips on this board for clearing the air path short of splitting the case. I tried the OG Mighty again with the idea of possibly buying a new Mighty+. I am miffed at how the air path could have become worse while in store in a closet?

How many have split the case on a Mighty to replace batteries and gotten everything back together in good working order? I hate to trash this unit as I have gone out of my way to take good care of it.

WirtDog,
Reactions: Jill NYC

hardlawjockey

Had something weird happen with my mighty+ last night.

Heated up to around 250F and then the temp stopped going up. Got very hot, smelled something burning, and then smoke started coming out just above the LCD screen. Turned off, let it cool a bit before turning back on - same thing.

Swapped out the dosing capsule with a new one and then it worked normally. Tried the original capsule again and it worked okay so I don't think there was anything wrong with the capsule.

I did charge and clean the unit earlier in the day but didn't remove the screen in the bottom of the chamber. Never changed it, BTW, as I always use capsules and it never looks dirty. I just swab it with alcohol.

Anybody ever experience something like this or have any idea what happened.? Will contact S&B if it happens again (still under warranty).

Thought I should come back and say I figured out what happened.

When I took out the dosing capsule I found out the weed was damp. I have a mini-bubbler attachment and it has never dripped down into the unit before and has never done it since but there must have been something about the way I filled it that caused it to drip. Apparently some moisture even got down in the heating unit.

It's fully recovered now and still working like a champ.

And the weed was not lost either. Once it dried out enough I was able to smoke it the old-fashioned way in a pipe. Brought back a memory but also helped me remember why I said fuck combustion.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Wow.
I've had OG Mighty in at least partial rotation (still love it for road trips!) for 8 years of my 11 year cannabis vaping odyssey.
A little while after Mighty+ rolled out, I purchased a new OG because I thought they might discontinue it. I was off by a couple of years. Now, I probably won't re-up. Well, maybe if some killer discounts come up as retailers move them out...

Email from S&B yesterday:

An era is coming to an end!
The original MIGHTY has reached its last days in STORZ & BICKEL’s product portfolio and is making room for the improved MIGHTY+.

Ever since, the MIGHTY has been an all-time favorite among the vaporizing community. Therefore, we would like to give you one last chance to order the MIGHTY – only while supplies last!
ORDER NOW

Polishzx

Wow.
I've had OG Mighty in at least partial rotation (still love it for road trips!) for 8 years of my 11 year cannabis vaping odyssey.
A little while after Mighty+ rolled out, I purchased a new OG because I thought they might discontinue it. I was off by a couple of years. Now, I probably won't re-up. Well, maybe if some killer discounts come up as retailers move them out...

Email from S&B yesterday:

An era is coming to an end!
The original MIGHTY has reached its last days in STORZ & BICKEL’s product portfolio and is making room for the improved MIGHTY+.

Ever since, the MIGHTY has been an all-time favorite among the vaporizing community. Therefore, we would like to give you one last chance to order the MIGHTY – only while supplies last!
ORDER NOW
That's sad... I just posted in the Venty thread. My Venty with one month use just got the famous "E04" and is now an expensive brick. I have a 3 year warranty but I'm really second guessing the Venty. I still have my OG Mighty and let me tell you, the ability to use it plugged in is a life saver. I thought the Venty would have that, but it doesn't. Not only that, but the way the Venty handles low power is garbage compared to the Mighty. You always had one final bowl with the Mighty, it blinked all the way up to temp but it makes it and you knew that was it. The Venty will just die at some point with one battery block left, no telling when. The only benefit to the Venty is the extremely fast heat-up, but I never minded the Mighty's heating time. I'm going to try modifying the Venty CU to work on my Mighty, I think it might be possible.

However now that I'm reading that S&B is moving on from the OG Mighty, I'm thinking it might be time to try a non-S&B vaporizer again. I don't trust the reliability of the Mighty+ and ESPECIALLY not my trash Venty at this point. Can any die-hard Mighty fans recommend the next best non-S&B vaporizer to look in to?

Cdwhit

I’ve never had a Mighty, but I’ve had the Mighty+ since they first came out, and I’ve never had an issue. The E04 error has kept me away from the Venty. I picked up a Lobo as a cheaper more portable option to the Mighty+ to carry when I’m out, and I’ve been very impressed. It does need extra cooling, but with the globe stem it’s pretty comparable to the Mighty+ at a fraction of the price. I’ve just had it since 420, so I don’t know how it will hold up.

I’ve been considering the new TM2, but that is a lot of money for something I’ve never tried, that I’m looking at mostly for on demand mode.

Adobewan

That's sad... I just posted in the Venty thread. My Venty with one month use just got the famous "E04" and is now an expensive brick. I have a 3 year warranty but I'm really second guessing the Venty. I still have my OG Mighty and let me tell you, the ability to use it plugged in is a life saver. I thought the Venty would have that, but it doesn't. Not only that, but the way the Venty handles low power is garbage compared to the Mighty. You always had one final bowl with the Mighty, it blinked all the way up to temp but it makes it and you knew that was it. The Venty will just die at some point with one battery block left, no telling when. The only benefit to the Venty is the extremely fast heat-up, but I never minded the Mighty's heating time. I'm going to try modifying the Venty CU to work on my Mighty, I think it might be possible.

However now that I'm reading that S&B is moving on from the OG Mighty, I'm thinking it might be time to try a non-S&B vaporizer again. I don't trust the reliability of the Mighty+ and ESPECIALLY not my trash Venty at this point. Can any die-hard Mighty fans recommend the next best non-S&B vaporizer to look in to?
Before spending too much, take a look at the Angus.
My Crafty is long forgotten.

Robindean

Well, I thought I was pretty confident, after using the previous bubble hash in the volcano, and crafty, I switched over to the same brand but different strain, and used my mighty.
Wondered why the low draw, but kept hitting it, afterwards, I opened it, and then I noticed, it looked melty. As it said, 4 star melty but not full melt. NOw I actually understand.

I ruined my mighty didn't I?
I can turn it on, empty oven, and it'll continue to vape out what leaked in.
What can I do? I cranked it, vaped it as much as it could out empty, then just leaving it upside down, don't even know where to begin to remove the screen, let alone get it cleaned.
Yes, fresh out of warranty too. Not that might have done much.
Man, barely used this thing, and I go straight up wrecking it. Alright, thanks for all help.

EDIT: false alarm, took screen out, gunked up. oven clean as new. still, had to pry it carefully.
alright, just stick with drip pad. or dose cap.

Last edited:

Green Kiwi

good to see your edit, as that was exactly what ,I was about to recommend.
Love Love the mighty/Crafty(don't dare to try the Venty,to expensive and unreliable,to even want to try any longer, S&B left and is leaving........communication over this fuck up for way to long now....
Clearly is Jurgen not in charge any longer, how sad😢😭.what a mistake to sell their company too
G.C.G.😱.

But anyway anyhow, I do feel that in the Hybrid , you can just start using concentrates, the portables with ending at 210 are not good enough imho.

:peace::leaf:.

badbee

Is the heater/components the same from the mighty to the plus? Just got one in ,did a little photo shoot 💚forgot how strong the signature is,loaded some flower in the tin topped with hash rosin. Mmm😋
[url=https://ibb.co/6b6g0KL] [/URL]
They are very similar. The plus has a ceramic coated oven, slightly faster heat up and USB-C PD charging. Keep in mind that without a PD charger it charges much more slowly than the original.

headdoctor

Hi everyone. I'm sure this has come up in this thread but I can't find it, so apologies if this has been talked to death--and please just redirect me. My trusty Ryot soft case has bitten the dust and I need a new case. As far as I can tell, the Ryot cases have been out of stock for months and I can't tell if they're coming back. What are the best cases for the OG Mighty? If possible, some odor protection is preferred, and in general I prefer a soft shell. I see the S&B hard shell is popular; is that the current go-to? I'm also seeing a Skunk Sidekick that looks promising but it looks much narrower than my old Ryot; how does the Mighty fit? (Small? Medium? Large?) Or maybe the Skunk X-Case? I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks!

Last edited:
headdoctor,
Top Bottom