The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

WirtDog

Since I have been waiting for my redo Venty next week...I have brought out the Mighty Plus and purchased the adaptor from POTV and got some glass for it. I am excited to try it like this...the Mighty is a great vape...after using the Venty...the Mighty- it is still a great vape but, I prefer the Venty. Regardless, I am so very excited to get the adaptor for the Mighty Plus and use it differently.
Once you get your updated Venty and get some time with it please share your thoughts on how it compares to the Mighty+? I suspect lots of members are very interested? I like some of the engineering changes they made with the Venty! The more experience I get with S&B the more I believe they don't do anything without serious thought. The Venty should outperform the Mighty+.

Rodney

Once you get your updated Venty and get some time with it please share your thoughts on how it compares to the Mighty+? I suspect lots of members are very interested? I like some of the engineering changes they made with the Venty! The more experience I get with S&B the more I believe they don't do anything without serious thought. The Venty should outperform the Mighty+.

This is exactly what I want to know also from someone who owns both device.

Also WirtDog I use my Mighty+ exactly how you use yours without screen, dosing capsule and titanium mouthpiece and makes it so much better.

Rodney,
Reactions: WirtDog

WirtDog

This is exactly what I want to know also from someone who owns both device.

Also WirtDog I use my Mighty+ exactly how you use yours without screen, dosing capsule and titanium mouthpiece and makes it so much better.
Man, thanks for the acknowledgement cause I really was thinking I might be crazy? It just seems like a sweetspot. I was really shocked and pleased at the improvement! Did you have the Mighty OG and if so is there any difference in performance between the 2 Mighty's? The thing that impresses me is it is not the absolute most thorough extraction nor the biggest clouds but the performance is so consistent and I never mention the vape stays quite a bit cleaner. Very significant improvement in my case.

Dr. G

Old Resident
Well, I love my Mighty Plus there is no doubt it is Mighty...I still use it even after purchasing the Venty. But, since the Venty is at home...it is far superior in airflow and battery life. Just those two things alone makes me use the Venty more...if I was going to choose because I was purchasing one or the other for the first time...I would choose the Venty. I would save my money because now there are deals everywhere for the Mighty and Mighty Plus...and purchase a Venty. I know that the Venty had a major hiccup starting off...but, in my humble opinion and from my experience...the Venty is a beast. Now, in all fairness...the Mighty Plus is an amazing product. I love it still. Everyone has a different experience...but, these two can be compared...and the technology on the Venty is different and improved. So, it's really an individual taste...

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Vaporizer comparisons do not belong in individual vape threads. You can ask a comparison question or start a comp thread in Ask FC for that.

We're also supposed to try to not be repetitive here, though that seems hardly possible

@WirtDog its great that you found your sweet spot with capsules. I think at least some of the improvement you notice may be from the stem change, the cooler vapor.

I have not found significant difference in vapor production using caps (when all other factors are equal), only a convenience factor. Removing the c/u screen is a no brainer, because resin collects on it with capsule use.
But this does not keep c/u any cleaner, as the holes in the cap are bigger than in a screen.
Much bigger difference if you ditch the c/u altogether; so much is lost there in the interest of cooling (it is a reclaim factory). A glass wpa and dry water piece (for me, a dimpled u-hook) is more direct and effective.
Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Last edited:

WirtDog

Sorry but I just don't get the rule about not comparing vapes in these threads? Seems to be the most natural way to evaluate a new device is to compare it to some baseline or benchmark that we know. I try to not be repetitive and to not beat points to death.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Sorry but I just don't get the rule about not comparing vapes in these threads? Seems to be the most natural way to evaluate a new device is to compare it to some baseline or benchmark that we know. I try to not be repetitive and to not beat points to death.
I took a look at the rules, and there doesn't seem to be a specific "no comparison" rule for the Model threads.
I think it falls under 'stay on topic'.
The model threads, in my understanding, are for discussion of use and/or issues with that model vaporizer. That's why I said "these threads".

Comparisons are definitely helpful, even encouraged, but they are different and belong in a different area of FC.

I think that otherwise a given thread, like Mighty's, could get clogged with comparisons that many people don't need or want to have to read in order to get the most out of their Mighty?

Creating a separate Venty vs Mighty(+) thread is a great idea and could make it more like one-stop shopping for those who have that specific interest. I do!

Sorry to be acting mod-like, but I know they are busy folks and don't usually focus on the small stuff like this.

Dr. G

Old Resident
I took a look at the rules, and there doesn't seem to be a specific "no comparison" rule for the Model threads.
I think it falls under 'stay on topic'.
The model threads, in my understanding, are for discussion of use and/or issues with that model vaporizer. That's why I said "these threads".

Comparisons are definitely helpful, even encouraged, but they are different and belong in a different area of FC.

I think that otherwise a given thread, like Mighty's, could get clogged with comparisons that many people don't need or want to have to read in order to get the most out of their Mighty?

Creating a separate Venty vs Mighty(+) thread is a great idea and could make it more like one-stop shopping for those who have that specific interest. I do!

Sorry to be acting mod-like, but I know they are busy folks and don't usually focus on the small stuff like this.
Thank you very much...appreciate it.

badbee

The mods will allow it to a certain extent, especially if everyone plays nice. The problem is that these sorts of discussions turn into opinion wars that don't advance in a useful way. On sites like Reddit nobody cares if a thread goes to shit because they all disappear in a day or two anyway. Here the model threads are intended to be a long term resource for information. They want that resource to stay relevant and on topic.

Dr. G

Old Resident
My 04/2019 Mighty new stand. LCD is dim. Still able to get 6-8 bowls on 90 min charge. The j-hook is nice with titanium capsules that works very good with the 3/1 adapter. I like these better than the stainless steel. These Ti cool down quicker to empty to use ;). Venty can wait till new discounts next year!
...that looks very cool. So does the Vapman Power Station OG... sweet.

Dr. G,
Reactions: japecan

vapviking

Old & In the Way
My 04/2019 Mighty new stand. LCD is dim. Still able to get 6-8 bowls on 90 min charge. The j-hook is nice with titanium capsules that works very good with the 3/1 adapter. I like these better than the stainless steel. These Ti cool down quicker to empty to use ;). Venty can wait till new discounts next year!
I've been using the same wpa and same jhook (different mouthpiece shape) and really enjoying og that way.
I removed the screen that comes installed in the wpa. It's too far from the chamber.
I just place a flat screen atop a full chamber load.

japecan

I've been using the same wpa and same jhook (different mouthpiece shape) and really enjoying og that way.
I removed the screen that comes installed in the wpa. It's too far from the chamber.
I just place a flat screen atop a full chamber load.
Ive bought 2 wpa which the 14mm doesn’t fit it just lays :(. The 18mm are really nice :). If you really want to get reall messy adventuralist you can place the capsule top in the WPA fill it, then place a full bowl (nug is better) in the Mighty, place WPA thats loaded, onto Mighty. Enjoy intense true flavor😉😉. YMMV

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Ive bought 2 wpa which the 14mm doesn’t fit it just lays :(. The 18mm are really nice :). If you really want to get reall messy adventuralist you can place the capsule top in the WPA fill it, then place a full bowl (nug is better) in the Mighty, place WPA thats loaded, onto Mighty. Enjoy intense true flavor😉😉. YMMV
I use a14mm jhook and a 14mm wpa, working fine.
I just don't bother much with capsules these days, though I have a couple dozen in the drawer.

Last edited:
vapviking,
Reactions: japecan

japecan

First post in this thread was on Dec 16, 2016, Mighty still hitting like a heavyweight vaping some Punch Cake .

IMG-7788.jpg

IMG-7791.jpg

IMG-7792.jpg
First post in this thread was on Dec 16, 2016, Mighty still hitting like a heavyweight vaping some Punch Cake .
That’s a nice looking stand under the Mighty.

Last edited:
japecan,

sixstringsmash

Hey guys! Looking for some recommendations for cleaning the bowl section of my OG mighty. The things 7+ years old at this point and I'm trying to find out if it's even possible to get the bowl section back to the sparkly silver it used to be. The vape itself still hits well and tastes nice but over the years the bowls stained itself to a blackish color, despite semi regular q-tip iso cleanings.

I just spent the past 45 minutes going to town on the bowl with some 99% iso and q tips and it seems to have done absolutely nothing to help with the staining. Are there any more efficient recommendations for getting this thing nice and clean?

sixstringsmash,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Hey guys! Looking for some recommendations for cleaning the bowl section of my OG mighty. The things 7+ years old at this point and I'm trying to find out if it's even possible to get the bowl section back to the sparkly silver it used to be. The vape itself still hits well and tastes nice but over the years the bowls stained itself to a blackish color, despite semi regular q-tip iso cleanings.

I just spent the past 45 minutes going to town on the bowl with some 99% iso and q tips and it seems to have done absolutely nothing to help with the staining. Are there any more efficient recommendations for getting this thing nice and clean?

I watched a Troy video, his Mighty bowl was in bad shape. He tested various things, but this one worked pretty well. You can probably find the video online. My bowl is in good shape as I swabbed after every session. I’ve used this product for other things, as it’s non toxic.

Dark Cystal Glass Cleaner​

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I just spent the past 45 minutes going to town on the bowl with some 99% iso and q tips and it seems to have done absolutely nothing
I use iso and a paper towel plug, plus heat and time. But near zero elbow grease!

I take 'some' paper towel, fold, then roll into a plug that will fit snug in the chamber. Get that wet (not dripping wet) with iso and put in the chamber. Power Mighty on, only let it run up to 80C or 90C and power off. Let it sit 10 minutes, remove the plug and re-roll it to expose clean towel and repeat the process.

Usually folks say to clean upside down, so no iso can drip towards the internals.
But I do this cleaning upright, as there is iso evaporating off and I don't want much of that going into Mighty's internals.

After I clean like this I tend to put in a new screen and that enables you to at least swab the area below screen.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I just noticed that DynaboxPL dropped a new WPA that reminds me of the angus.

Hard to believe this fits both Mighty and Venty? I think that may be over-zealous advertising or something?
I'm gonna wait and see what Delta3dStudios comes up with, for sure. I know he is working on 3d printed Stainless Steel.

vapviking,

cheeseholidays

I get some of those thick alcohol prep pads, wrap one around a wood poker, and go to town on it on max heat.

The pad scrubs way better than a qtip with that poker.

cheeseholidays,

blisty

So I got a Mighty+ that has some wear and tear.
Especially the housing has some scratches and so on.

As for the inside, everything is fine..

Cooling unit is fine,
heating chamber is fine (just had a thorough cleansing).

What can I ask for it if I intend to sell it..?

I can provide some pictures if that's necessary.

Thanks

blisty,

popitup

Probably max $225 shipped (unless you have more accessories to throw in). Here are some prices for reference to help you choose a price.
  1. https://www.vapospy.com/p/mighty-plus-vaporizer ($283.64 new)
  2. https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/...um-adapter-and-stand-250-shipping-sold.53583/ (wow a steal, $250 shipped with a revolve 2 stem)
  3. https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/h-vape-lot-solo-ii-mighty-splinter-v2-tinymight-1-5-w-ppgs.53374/ ($275 shipped)
  4. https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/mighty-dab-rig-8-fab-water-piece.52756/ ($240 shipped)

Top Bottom