The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Tweakz

Load directly without caps on 410f. 7-8 nice hits. Thick clouds and perfect abv . Love my mighty+

599-ACBCB-D421-49-B5-A52-D-EF695-D0-DDA20.jpg

WirtDog

I thought capsules did make my avb dark brown from the light brown of my volcano hybrid at 446 using a dosing capsule too, which is odd? The mighty+ def seems to be better with capsules but I'm new to the scene and Troy uses a mighty daily and does not use capsules.....Maybe capsules are good for people who don't have access to a lot of flower for cheap or home grown, I'm sure packing it without a capsule will put out more vapor but for people like me, those dosing capsules let me use a small amount and seems to make more milky hits.

Mighty+ is great, only thing I have to compare to is the volcano hybrid, which feels almost the same. I feel like the volcano gets more out of it, but the avb isn't as dark as my mighty+ puts out....Seems the mighty at 410F can clear a bowl faster than volcano at 446F to me at least?...I wish they could put out a software update to let these things go to 500F at least :(

I'm going to be grabbing a flowerpot b1 probably or b2, probably gonna go injector over a shovelhead but still deciding. I was going to buy a dynavap cause of all the hype but I feel like there are people out there who can't afford a mighty, and using a dynavap wishing they had a mighty. I like to microdose until it is near bed time, so a dynavap would seem cool to try but meh. fuck it, i'll go all out like i've been doing. I do regret the volcano hybrid, but this thing will last a decade+ probably and user friendly, plus that big bowl for group session.
Just seeing this? With 5 year old Mighty OG I find with my hot rodded CU's that the performance and extraction are far superior to using the Mighty OG natively!! However, I was just watching Troy using a Mighty+ natively with excellent results? I have been very interested in the Venty but initial testing indicates conflicting results with capsules? A little hard for me to believe the Venty oven retains heat far longer than the Mighty oven? Aluminum factory capsules were selected because they heat up fast and cool down quickly. Both vapes max out at 410F.

I am getting tempted to grab a Mighty+ if any Black Friday deals come about and getting one more titanium mouth piece to pair with new Mighty+ CU? Then, I could compare performance between the different modified mouth pieces with native and capsule use? I have often thought using these vapes is comparable to playing a musical instrument? We all have slightly different ways of using these devices and slightly different expectations.

I am beginning to more fully appreciate S&B design philosophy. They put so much emphasis on ease of use and consistent performance. They will never offer replaceable batteries but provided batteries provide long life and excellent use. Mighty+ is looking more and more like a good option for me.

WirtDog,
Reactions: Jill NYC

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I have been very interested in the Venty but initial testing indicates conflicting results with capsules? A little hard for me to believe the Venty oven retains heat far longer than the Mighty oven? Aluminum factory capsules were selected because they heat up fast and cool down quickly. Both vapes max out at 410F.

What conflicting results?

I’ve had no issues with capsules, used them in my Mighty OG, but the added restriction in the airpath made the inhale very tight and uncomfortable. BUT, the VENTY’s “AIRFLOW CONTROL”, makes capsules great for me thus far. Started with the S&B aluminum ones, and am now just testing some titanium capsules. Same idea, FAST HEATUP & COOLING. Cooling FAST is also a PLUS, when I want to temporarily dump a half vaped capsule.

I haven’t done any temperature tests to confirm how long each heater cools down, but the specifications all point to a larger heater, 130 watts, means they probably had to beef it up. I can say that after turning off the Venty, taking the top off, putting it down to completely cool, nothing in bowl, then forgot about it. When I touched the bowl, I was SHOCKED how HOT it still was. Didn’t time this break, but after it happened again, I thought wow this thing really retains the heat.

What I’m doing now with the VENTY:
Load CAPSULE (medium grind), light finger tamp.
Turn ON VENTY, starts at 360f, but IMMEDIATELY,
CLICK the POWER BUTTON to enable BOOST #1 (380f), but IMMEDIATELY,
CLICK the POWER BUTTON to enable BOOST #2 (410f),
The BOOSTS MODES will TIMEOUT at 90 seconds, then will AUTOMATICALLY
RETURN to the original BASE TEMPERATURE (360f)
So after only 5 clicks on the power button, I just wait 90 seconds, the Venty is now perfectly PREHEATED!
And begin my session on the LOW TEMP, for FLAVOR,
Eventually I go to BOOST #1, then finish at BOOST #2.

(I’ve customized my TEMPS in the app, BASE=360f both BOOST modes=25f increase)

Rodney

Just seeing this? With 5 year old Mighty OG I find with my hot rodded CU's that the performance and extraction are far superior to using the Mighty OG natively!! However, I was just watching Troy using a Mighty+ natively with excellent results? I have been very interested in the Venty but initial testing indicates conflicting results with capsules? A little hard for me to believe the Venty oven retains heat far longer than the Mighty oven? Aluminum factory capsules were selected because they heat up fast and cool down quickly. Both vapes max out at 410F.

I am getting tempted to grab a Mighty+ if any Black Friday deals come about and getting one more titanium mouth piece to pair with new Mighty+ CU? Then, I could compare performance between the different modified mouth pieces with native and capsule use? I have often thought using these vapes is comparable to playing a musical instrument? We all have slightly different ways of using these devices and slightly different expectations.

I am beginning to more fully appreciate S&B design philosophy. They put so much emphasis on ease of use and consistent performance. They will never offer replaceable batteries but provided batteries provide long life and excellent use. Mighty+ is looking more and more like a good option for me.

hot rodded CU's?? sounds wonderful, but what is it so i can get one??

WirtDog

hot rodded CU's?? sounds wonderful, but what is it so i can get one??
Take factory CU and remove the screen. Then, install a titanium mouthpiece in place of the factory mouthpiece. Titanium mouthpiece should not be rotated as the silicone gasket fit is not as good as factory. This is only for use with the factory dosing capsules. I got this tip from another member on this board. I did not come up with the idea. I have found performance and efficiency of extraction to be far better than native use. Airflow is much improved.

Rodney

vapviking

Old & In the Way
guys i just got this and at first I thought it was not good but after some closer use am finding this very good to use.

Yes those spikes (dimples) really make a difference. I've been meaning to pick up one of those. I use wpa and a spiked u-hook sometimes, though generally I'm back to the stock c\u these days, having use many methods.

With all the attachments that use this type of attachment 'base', my experience is that the supplied screen is set too far above the oven. I remove that one and either lay a simple flat screen atop the bowl, or form it into a slight dome and fit it in the end of that glass piece, dome-side down towards the bowl.
I don't recall if simply using a capsule is a good solution, but I rarely use caps anymore.

Strolling&Rolling

Hi all,

I ordered a Venty but got caught up in the cancelled deliveries due to the device issue, there's no timeframe on when the Venty's will be ready so I'm tempted to just cancel the order and get a Mighty Plus.

Do you think this is a good idea or should I wait? Would I regret the decision to cancel? Is there much noticeable difference with the devices?

I'm currently using a XMAX Starry V4 as portable and have a Volcano Hybrid desktop.

darbarikanada

Is there much noticeable difference with the devices?
all the reviews I've seen so far say that the venty has much more open airflow but the vapor's still cool. one person compared it to a portable volcano. there seems to be pretty much universal agreement that it's a big step up from the mighty, but if you don't care if it takes more hits to finish a bowl (mighty's ~10 to venty's ~3-4), and if the mighty's slower warm-up isn't an issue, you'd probably be ok with a mighty.

Hi all,

I ordered a Venty but got caught up in the cancelled deliveries due to the device issue, there's no timeframe on when the Venty's will be ready so I'm tempted to just cancel the order and get a Mighty Plus.

Do you think this is a good idea or should I wait? Would I regret the decision to cancel? Is there much noticeable difference with the devices?

I'm currently using a XMAX Starry V4 as portable and have a Volcano Hybrid desktop.
I would wait tbh. The Venty is well worth it. IMO

WirtDog

What conflicting results?

I’ve had no issues with capsules, used them in my Mighty OG, but the added restriction in the airpath made the inhale very tight and uncomfortable. BUT, the VENTY’s “AIRFLOW CONTROL”, makes capsules great for me thus far. Started with the S&B aluminum ones, and am now just testing some titanium capsules. Same idea, FAST HEATUP & COOLING. Cooling FAST is also a PLUS, when I want to temporarily dump a half vaped capsule.

I haven’t done any temperature tests to confirm how long each heater cools down, but the specifications all point to a larger heater, 130 watts, means they probably had to beef it up. I can say that after turning off the Venty, taking the top off, putting it down to completely cool, nothing in bowl, then forgot about it. When I touched the bowl, I was SHOCKED how HOT it still was. Didn’t time this break, but after it happened again, I thought wow this thing really retains the heat.

What I’m doing now with the VENTY:
Load CAPSULE (medium grind), light finger tamp.
Turn ON VENTY, starts at 360f, but IMMEDIATELY,
CLICK the POWER BUTTON to enable BOOST #1 (380f), but IMMEDIATELY,
CLICK the POWER BUTTON to enable BOOST #2 (410f),
The BOOSTS MODES will TIMEOUT at 90 seconds, then will AUTOMATICALLY
RETURN to the original BASE TEMPERATURE (360f)
So after only 5 clicks on the power button, I just wait 90 seconds, the Venty is now perfectly PREHEATED!
And begin my session on the LOW TEMP, for FLAVOR,
Eventually I go to BOOST #1, then finish at BOOST #2.

(I’ve customized my TEMPS in the app, BASE=360f both BOOST modes=25f increase)
I was referring to Venty user comments that the new vape retains heat longer than the Mighty+ and thus requires removal of the capsule between sessions or otherwise the material continues to be heated after the unit is turned off. If true that would be a deal killer for me.

WirtDog,
Reactions: HughJass

HughJass

I was referring to Venty user comments that the new vape retains heat longer than the Mighty+ and thus requires removal of the capsule between sessions or otherwise the material continues to be heated after the unit is turned off. If true that would be a deal killer for me.

If that’s actually a restriction you probably shouldn’t have a mighty or venty at all. It sounds like what you want is something with on demand convection heating, like the bowle or TM. (Only heats the herb when you inhale, like the venty but without the conduction heating you’re displeased with)

Your reasoning is almost the equivalent of saying ‘I’d rather have a Prius over a Porsche because I don’t want to use the tires’.. well yeah that would technically work, but it would be far simpler to just ‘learn how to drive without roasting the tires’ so to speak. (Especially when doing so takes almost no effort or time, and the devices are almost the same price)

I’m sure it is slightly hotter- But I wouldn’t leave the capsule in the mighty or mighty+ either…they still cook in the OG mighty for about 5min or so (I’ve opened one about that long after a session and the bowl was still hotter than I expected)

Regardless you should probably avoid leaving herb in any device. Again it takes less than 30 seconds to take the capsule out and place it into an, airtight and conveniently named, ‘capsule caddy’ to store until your next use.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Bought 2 sets of (5) TITANIUM CAPSULES.

FAST heat up, FAST cooldown. Similar performance to the “aluminum” S&B capsules, but with QUALITY build, should last long. Use a discount code, as the titanium isn’t cheap, but well worth it to me.

If you like to RETAIN heat for darker roasting, there is a less expensive Stainless Steel version choice on the same page below.

WirtDog

If that’s actually a restriction you probably shouldn’t have a mighty or venty at all. It sounds like what you want is something with on demand convection heating, like the bowle or TM. (Only heats the herb when you inhale, like the venty but without the conduction heating you’re displeased with)

Your reasoning is almost the equivalent of saying ‘I’d rather have a Prius over a Porsche because I don’t want to use the tires’.. well yeah that would technically work, but it would be far simpler to just ‘learn how to drive without roasting the tires’ so to speak. (Especially when doing so takes almost no effort or time, and the devices are almost the same price)

I’m sure it is slightly hotter- But I wouldn’t leave the capsule in the mighty or mighty+ either…they still cook in the OG mighty for about 5min or so (I’ve opened one about that long after a session and the bowl was still hotter than I expected)

Regardless you should probably avoid leaving herb in any device. Again it takes less than 30 seconds to take the capsule out and place it into an, airtight and conveniently named, ‘capsule caddy’ to store until your next use.
We all have our own styles and preferences! It is not necessary to remove capsules after initial use! All you need to do is to take a clearing draw after you turn the device off. That clears any residual vapor and lowers the oven temp. You can come back hours later and finish a capsule off with no negative effects.

I would not pay for a Venty if it could not out perform a Mighty OG. Right now there are conflicting reports on using capsules with the new Venty and rollout problems are probably making evaluation more difficult. I am in no hurry. I can just sit back and follow how this plays out over the next few months.

SureMustBeNice

Hi guys. Long time S and B product user here. i had a (faulty) OG Crafty, OG Mighty (clogged airpath, rip) and a Crafty+ that wont see the next spring most likely.
i am going to buy me a new Vapo soon and was thinking about getting a Mighty again. to my surprise they still sell the OG one along with the new + model. price difference is about >100 Euro tho and i wanted to ask you guys if that is worth it or not.

SureMustBeNice,
Reactions: vapviking

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hi guys. Long time S and B product user here. i had a (faulty) OG Crafty, OG Mighty (clogged airpath, rip) and a Crafty+ that wont see the next spring most likely.
i am going to buy me a new Vapo soon and was thinking about getting a Mighty again. to my surprise they still sell the OG one along with the new + model. price difference is about >100 Euro tho and i wanted to ask you guys if that is worth it or not.
Why not go straight to the new Venty?
....but if you have narrowed it down, my thought would go with an OG Mighty. Prices will be even lower now that Venty is out, and Black Friday is basically underway, so the timing is good. I haven't had a +, but have had several Crafty's and then a couple of the OG Mighty's.

If my Mighty were dying, I would go to a Venty before the Mighty+, people are saying the experience is qualitatively different with Venty.

vapviking,
Reactions: Petetbay

SureMustBeNice

Why not go straight to the new Venty?
....but if you have narrowed it down, my thought would go with an OG Mighty. Prices will be even lower now that Venty is out, and Black Friday is basically underway, so the timing is good. I haven't had a +, but have had several Crafty's and then a couple of the OG Mighty's.

If my Mighty were dying, I would go to a Venty before the Mighty+, people are saying the experience is qualitatively different with Venty.
I was thinking about the Venty, but it is priced that high, i could get two OG Mightys for the price. Furthermore i will observe the durabilty of the device. A brand new Vapo with great vapour quality is nice, but If i have to fill RMAs and resend it, thats a bummer. Will wait fort the price to come down a lot and/or until the Venty was run through the stress test for a good amount of time by the hivemind.

Anyways, i am interested to hear how different the OG Mighty and the + version really are.

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Anyways, i am interested to hear how different the OG Mighty and the + version really are.
Not very from what I’ve seen. Vapour is roughly the same, but the main differences I’ve seen are:
Plus:
- Usbc charging, faster charging than OG with a supercharger (3hr regular usbc, 1hr super)
- Ceramic lined oven that heats up faster (~60s vs 90s on the OG).
- Look and feel changes to be slightly easier to hold and charge (namely the power button and charging port are on opposite sides)

OG:
- Includes a grinder and loading tool in the box
- Faster charging than the plus without using a supercharger (2hr)

Here’s a thorough comparison: https://www.planetofthevapes.com/blogs/blog/mighty-vs-mighty-plus

If I missed something let me know, haven’t personally used either but been eyeing them occasionally.

WirtDog

Not very from what I’ve seen. Vapour is roughly the same, but the main differences I’ve seen are:
Plus:
- Usbc charging, faster charging than OG with a supercharger (3hr regular usbc, 1hr super)
- Ceramic lined oven that heats up faster (~60s vs 90s on the OG).
- Look and feel changes to be slightly easier to hold and charge (namely the power button and charging port are on opposite sides)

OG:
- Includes a grinder and loading tool in the box
- Faster charging than the plus without using a supercharger (2hr)

Here’s a thorough comparison: https://www.planetofthevapes.com/blogs/blog/mighty-vs-mighty-plus

If I missed something let me know, haven’t personally used either but been eyeing them occasionally.
Think I read recently that there were more or larger air holes at the top of the oven? Might have been some pics comparing the two? Think it was a user observation and not something advertised by the factory?

Last edited:
WirtDog,
Reactions: Octavia

Rodney

I have been using my Mighty+ today after using the Tinymight2 for 1 week and at the very start of the session things felt very underwhelming but in all honestly I can still have a great time with the Mighty+ it is just ti does not hit as hard initially as the Tinymight2 or go to as high temp but it is still a very good vape to have a good time with.

Dr. G

Old Resident
Since I have been waiting for my redo Venty next week...I have brought out the Mighty Plus and purchased the adaptor from POTV and got some glass for it. I am excited to try it like this...the Mighty is a great vape...after using the Venty...the Mighty- it is still a great vape but, I prefer the Venty. Regardless, I am so very excited to get the adaptor for the Mighty Plus and use it differently.

WirtDog

Any capsule devotees that think Mighty+ improves vapor over the Mighty OG? I have a 5 year old OG and tempted by Black Friday Mighty+ sales?

WirtDog,
Top Bottom