The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Likun

Are there any reports of counterfeit Mighty PLUS already?
I'm considering buying one off Ebay. I always had my concerns about doing that with the OG Mighty as there are so many counterfeit reports.

Likun,

Endda

what's the go-to battery replacement for the mighty right now? the replacement video I watched was from 2020 and the battery model they mentioned is not in stock when I search for it. so I was curious if there was a newer battery that I should look for

Endda,

JoeMama

Hey anyone else see this from S&B?

They're introducing a new vape with a keynote presentation on Oct 17th.

I wonder what it is! I just bought my Might+ like 6 months ago and I love it.... I'm guessing it's a "more" portable vaporizer.
I can't imagine why they'd come out with something in between their desktop models and Mighty+ size.

JoeMama,

Dr. G

Old Resident
Greetings Everyone, I am very excited about this...I cannot wait to see what it is and I would love to have anything this company makes...I have it all including the Plenty...which is the strangest thing I own. I love S&B and I cannot live without my Volcano...I have been using my Mighty Plus for months now...set everything else aside...what an amazing unit it is. So, I am a big fan...

florduh

It looks adequate! :rofl:

Freaking Out George Costanza GIF

JoeMama

Looking again at pics I saw on Reddit street, it ooks like if they took the mighty and squooshed in on the sides to make it narrower and taller. IMO I don't mind the 60 seconds it takes the Mighty to heat up; I'm in no rush, but if all the Venty does is heat up faster, for basically the same form factor (brick or hi-tech grenade) I just as soon be contented with the Mighty.

Last edited:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
The poor Mighty isn’t getting any attention these days, so thought I’d share that I LOVE the POTV mouthpiece adapter.

The draw is a little more restrictive, but am really enjoying using glass stems with it.
Much, much easier to clean than the CU, so worth it in my book.
And the way the adapter is designed, it seems like the peek, the screen and the glass are the only things in the airpath. (None of the silicon that the adapter is mostly made of is in contact with AP.)

The adapter is a bit of a lint magnet, but so are the mighty fins.

IMG-4305.jpg

IMG-4302.jpg

justcametomind

Did anyone try these capsules?
Or this pellet press for SB vapes?
From the shape of it, I'd say that style of cap should work worse than the original because it has a double layer of metal on the sides (less conduction).
Same for the press, the inside of the pellet should be harder to reach and vaporize.

justcametomind,
Reactions: Jill NYC

186°

Yes, I've tried them. I'm not a fan of those. Biggest con: the lid gets stucked after 2-3 uses. It gets glued by the resin. So you would need to unscrew the lid as long as the capsule is warm. But the steel capsules don't cool as fast as the ones made of aluminium. That means you will either burn your finger or have to carefully wait for the right moment when it's not to hot and not to cool (or you reheat it later, also a lot of effort...).
I am also not a fan of the openings on the sides. But that's subjective, I guess. I do not fill the capsules to the top, just a thin layer at the bottom (and tamper it). And due to that, a lot of the air does not go through the herbs. There are other stainless stell capsules available with a simple screwless lid (like the aluminium ones) and only openings on the bottom. I'm happy with those; it is a slight improvement of taste in comparison to the aluminium capsules. But only a little. Not enough difference to exchange all of my capsules to the stainless steel ones.

WirtDog

I have a 5 year old Mighty OG. Probably used it for 2 of the 5 years. I got so frustrated with light ABV and airflow issues.

I saw a tip on this thread a while back about removing the CU screen and using the factory doing capsules. I also followed all the air path cleaning tips mentioned here short of splitting the case?

I decided to go one better by adding the titanium mouthpiece. The aftermarket provided gasket is not the best. I use my Mighty OG like a desktop. I do not rotate the titanium mouthpiece but leave it in place. If you so that resin will seal it even better after a short time.

IMO, these changes transform the Mighty OG!! Everything is improved. Airflow, vapor density and efficiency with darker ABV. I have three CU's, one factory and two modified with the screen out and titanium mouthpiece. The modified CU's also stay cleaner longer. I use a microfiber cloth or paper towel to wipe out the CU while it is hot. You can take 2-3 hits, turn it off and come back hours later and get 2-3 good hits off the same capsule. You just cannot do that using the Mighty natively.

Two things S&B will never do? Run the max temp in excess of 410F and provide removable batteries. I can live with those design decisions. They can honestly claim you will never combust with a Mighty and using my described mods gets close enough with significantly darker ABV. The batteries really last a very long time if the factory chargers are used.

Timing warm up to 420F my Mighty takes about 15 seconds longer than advertised new unit heat up at 90 seconds. Sure my batteries are losing strength.

Wish more owners would just try these mods so we could have more feedback on actual use. S&B does some smart engineering on their capsules!! They heat up quickly and cool down quickly and are relatively cheap. They picked the right material. They are a little bit of a pain to load but given improvement in the performance it is worth it.

I am closing following the early feedback on the Venty? I am not sure if a stock Venty could out perform a hot rod Mighty or Mighty+?? I will have to replace my Mighty in the not too distant future and it might be a tough call between Mighty+ and the new Venty. Hoping someone will test capsules with bottom Venty CU screen removed to compare performance. It may be even better with a modified Venty.

Petetbay

Never tried those caps, the gold plated ones are excellent, almost work too good as extraction is fast and also use them for hash with hemp fiber top and bottom to subdue any mess. You need a good fingernail to open, but open pretty easy even with my faulty digits. I use them mostly for hash now because my fingers make caps frustrating.

The new Legacy Pro caps work good as well, hold a bit less as they are not as tall, but are easy to open with a notch to help open. They are tight and hard to remove from the bowl when hot, but when they cool come out pretty easy. They had a 50% off coupon code when they came out, but right now they have 30% off Halloween sale code.

Tweakz

removing the CU screen and using the factory doing capsules.
Yeah I can confirm you. It’s definitely my way to go with dosing caps - CU w/out screen. It gets way better air flow and can hits harder (abv more darker) . But if I want to use straight into the chamber, then I put fine screen in CU , grind fine too, max temp 410f , and this way get me so much clouds and abv dark too .

RadarV00

removing the CU screen and using the factory doing capsules
I do this with my 2 Mighty+'s. (I won one in a drawing contest from Jerry Stickstones). Also, I have 5 CU's, all with the screens removed. This makes it so much easier to enjoy several sessions and when it starts tasting bitter, just replace with a new CU. Put the used ones aside and when I have 2 or 3 CU's to clean. . . OH SO MUCH EASIER TO CLEAN. Soak, Rinse, Air Dry and good to go.

Top Bottom