The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I see POTV sells a silicon WPA for $25 and a glass one $10 cheaper. I would have thought it would be the other way around?
Any opinion as to which one is better?
The silicone wpa is designed to "break away" from Mighty (if under stress) without doing any damage to
Mighty's shell. You can also get them from Delta3dStudio, where they are made, maybe pick up other accessories that he makes.
I used one for years, no problems.

The glass verion is also nice, diect to glass is often preferred to any silicone in the path...
There are cautions with this type about over tightening, with risk of damage to Mighty, but I think that issue is not happening very often, if at all, in recent years.
With the glass one you have to relocate the screen, it is too far from top of the bowl. I use no screen in this wpa, but I place a flat 5/8" pipe screen atop the chamber load. I've also used one of that screen, domed convex side out, in the wpa.

My suggestion is to go with the silicone, unless you have some specific issue with silicone.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I see POTV sells a silicon WPA for $25 and a glass one $10 cheaper. I would have thought it would be the other way around?
It is rare I disagree with @vapviking - but I happen to like the glass one better with the mighty/crafty.
The reason is it’s easier to clear the chamber with the glass one. (The silicone one can get a stubborn seal sometimes when you want it to release quickly.)
But some people have complained they over-screwed the plastic on the glass one and broke it (I have never had this issue)
You can’t really go one with either one, they both work well.

twain55

The only drawback of that style adapter is that you are still running through your CU, clogging it with honey, and ultimately lowering the flavor of subsequent bowls unless you clean it consistently. Using a WPA in place of the cooling unit cuts down on cleaning and flavor loss. IMO and YMMV of course.

Never had that issue. I do at least one capsule a day and with the fine screen in the CU it stays very clean.
The whip is the way to go imho, it definitely is the most reco'd. Using the Mighty upside down is not for me.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Never had that issue. I do at least one capsule a day and with the fine screen in the CU it stays very clean.
He was talking about the inside of the c/u accumulating condensed resin, which is inevitable if you use it.
One capsule a day is very light use (i would easily be doing 10 or more if I was still using Mighty regularly).
The cooling unit is a reclaim factory! It can't help but make condensate. And the condensate left behind means cannabinoids not delivered to you.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@tbill
Well, I guess I would have some issue with the "expert" at POTV.
Arguments about the efficiency could be made both ways. Using a wpa doesn't necessarily involve inverting the vape, btw. Nor does it have to involve water.

Imo, opinions coming from retailers are to be taken with a grain of salt. It's like the car dealer telling you you need brakes; it is their obligation (in the interest of safety) but also their bias, because they need to sell brakes.
A friend who is a mechanic might take a look and tell you that you could safely go another thousand miles before needing brakes.

The loss of material to condensation in the cooling unit is well documented. Cooling causes condensation, the Mighty c/u works very well at cooling and so it produces condensate.
This is a major theme in vape use; the 'cleaning' process.

I don't question your method; I have done it. I know it provides tasty, cool vapor. I don't anymore because, for one thing, sucking through a tube tends to bring on my acid reflux (I seek a very open draw method). I believe there is no best way to use a Mighty, just the way it works well for the individual. And the methods vary.

For example, you could still use Mighty upright, with a whip, on a wpa instead of on the c/u, you just need the correct glass adapter on the end of your whip.
One of these (female version) would do it.

I've used over a dozen methods with Mighty/Crafty; in the 'end' I have gone to default, factory, out of the box use with cooling unit, rarely even capsules (too small!), because I use it primarily for the car (or out of the house), to share with my wife or groups. It is so easy to load and use...we even use the orange filling tool.
I have other vapes that I can put on glass for major hits and stuff.

Last edited:

tbill

@tbill
Well, I guess I would have some issue with the "expert" at POTV.
Arguments about the efficiency could be made both ways. Using a wpa doesn't necessarily involve inverting the vape, btw. Nor does it have to involve water.

Imo, opinions coming from retailers are to be taken with a grain of salt. It's like the car dealer telling you you need brakes; it is their obligation (in the interest of safety) but also their bias, because they need to sell brakes.
A friend who is a mechanic might take a look and tell you that you could safely go another thousand miles before needing brakes.

The loss of material to condensation in the cooling unit is well documented. Cooling causes condensation, the Mighty c/u works very well at cooling and so it produces condensate.
This is a major theme in vape use; the 'cleaning' process.

I don't question your method; I have done it. I know it provides tasty, cool vapor. I don't anymore because, for one thing, sucking through a tube tends to bring on my acid reflux (I seek a very open draw method). I believe there is no best way to use a Mighty, just the way it works well for the individual. And the methods vary.

For example, you could still use Mighty upright, with a whip, on a wpa instead of on the c/u, you just need the correct glass adapter on the end of your whip.
One of these (female version) would do it.

I've used over a dozen methods with Mighty/Crafty; in the 'end' I have gone to default, factory, out of the box use with cooling unit, rarely even capsules (too small!), because I use it primarily for the car (or out of the house), to share with my wife or groups. It is so easy to load and use...we even use the orange filling tool.
I have other vapes that I can put on glass for major hits and stuff.
I have been using the whip for some time now and use the Mighty upright. I joined in on this discussion because, as you know, there is no flavor with the whip. In defense of the person who I contacted at POTV, he was doing the opposite of trying to sell me something. He knew I already had bought the whip from POTV and buying another WPA would boil down to personal preference.

tbill,
Reactions: Jill NYC

RadarV00

The XMAX Starry WPA is worth the money. It is perfect with the POTV WPA w/10mm,14mm,18mm male connection for many different kinds of water pipes. The other end of the xmax strarry is able to fit many other mouthpieces of vapes.
The best part of the starry is that you can buy 12' of surgical grade silicon tubing and customize the length of the tube to fit between your vape and water pipe. I have 2 sets. One is dedicated to my Mighty+ and the other I've started using with my 'The Proxy' pipe.
So, the XMAX Starry WPA is well worth . . . oh, I said that already. . .. :smug:🤙

RadarV00,

twain55

He was talking about the inside of the c/u accumulating condensed resin, which is inevitable if you use it.
One capsule a day is very light use (i would easily be doing 10 or more if I was still using Mighty regularly).
The cooling unit is a reclaim factory! It can't help but make condensate. And the condensate left behind means cannabinoids not delivered to you.
Thank you (?) for telling me what someone else meant.

FWIW I know what he was talking about. My reply was about my experience. As for what you consider "light use", that's you're opinion. I have a high tolerance and one capsule or maybe two an evening with my wife is perfect. People overblow how much cleaning the Mighty really needs. Put in the fine screen and you can go months if you want to.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
“That’s like, your opinion man.”

It’s not a competition, and I can tell your confirmation bias is strong. Running through the CU accumulates 100% more than running without it. That’s just a fact, and a plainly obvious one at that.

I truly hope that your setup is dream level for you, and as perfect as you could ever hope for.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
My reply was about my experience. As for what you consider "light use", that's you're opinion. I have a high tolerance and one capsule or maybe two an evening with my wife is perfect. People overblow how much cleaning the Mighty really needs. Put in the fine screen and you can go months if you want to.
I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, sorry if I did.
My point about light use was relative. Using one capsule per day compared to say, fifteen is relatively light use, not a matter of opinion, simply a comparison. I was not talking at all about your tolerance level. It stands to reason that the 15 cap per day Mighty c/u would need cleaning far more often.
The c/u screen may filter out fine particles, but that is not the cleaning to which I was referring.

Please do enjoy the method that suits you best, I'm not trying to judge that.

ps. from your post earlier, can you please tell me what, "...it definitely is the most reco'd" means?

SkaPunk

I like to use Might+ with Kif and Wax, I start at 190 and go to 210 at the end of the session.
Please everyone, share your tips on how best to use concentrates in Might+?
Do you smoke with the capsule or not? At what temperature? How do you mix stuff? Special secrets?;)
photo-2023-04-12-12-24-08.jpg

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Please everyone, share your tips on how best to use concentrates in Might+?
You can use the search button for posts within a given thread.
Almost 700 pages here on Mighty use, and we are asked not to be repetitive (but yeah, that is unavoidable).

Wrap your trates in organic cotton or hemp fiber.
Or
Sandwich in a bed of flower
Or
Use concentrate pad

Just don't want oils or crap to drip down into the air inlet/heater tube below the chamber screen.

vapeguy

I just bought and received the Mighty+ which is my 4th portable (after the Pax, Arizer Solo and Arizer Air 2) and it's the first that really gets me medicated and will be worth using, I never regularly used any of the others due to the underwhelming performance.

With the Mighty+ I was medicated after one puff and went through the load in about 4 long puffs, near the end of the puffs it would often get so intense I had to stop but without it being dry, burnt or harsh.

Edit: I just tried several loads with capsules and was equally impressed, I was expecting significantly reduced performance but there was barely any difference. I happen to have the carousel that holds 8 capsules from when I bought the easy valve and chamber reducer adapter to use capsules with my Volcano but ended up not using capsules with it as I prefer the larger load but the capsules are a really clean and convenient way to bring several loads without making a mess reloading for the Mighty+.

I'm really happy with my purchase.

Last edited:

vapeguy

The other day I had plugged my Mighty+ into a different USB cable after using it and saw "075" on the display when there isn't usually anything and was like "WTH does that mean? Maybe I've used it for 75 minutes? Or it'll take 75 minutes to charge?" then I turn it around and realize it was "SLO" for slow charging lol.

I just ordered a glass WPA to use instead of the original CU. Can I hit the vape straight through the WPA or is it gonna get too warm and that’s why the whip is needed? I don’t like how sticky and hard to clean the CU gets and reading about the WPA seemed like a good solution. Just wondering if I need to order a whip. I don’t currently have any glass to use the Mighty+ through.

immortalpipes,
Reactions: JoeMama

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
You can use any 14mm (or 18mm depending on the WPA you got) female stem, like the example below from TRWW. There are hydro tube options as well if you want a little water involved.

RedZep

Is it ok to clean the CU with dish detergent? (fairy liquid in UK)

I'm worried it would break the plastic down somehow.

RedZep,

badbee

Is it ok to clean the CU with dish detergent? (fairy liquid in UK)

I'm worried it would break the plastic down somehow.
That's the cleaner least likely to cause any breakdown in the plastic, just rinse very thoroughly with hot water. Alcohol isn't great for plastics but these very stable types are OK. Cheap vapes will show alcohol damage fairly quickly.

badbee,
Reactions: RedZep

RedZep

That's the cleaner least likely to cause any breakdown in the plastic, just rinse very thoroughly with hot water. Alcohol isn't great for plastics but these very stable types are OK. Cheap vapes will show alcohol damage fairly quickly.
Thank you. I'll try leaving in warm water overnight with some of that kind of cleaner. I much prefer it with glass parts. So I'm happy it's an option with this plastic.

RedZep,
Had my Mighty+ for a couple weeks now and battery life is great. I’m wondering from longtime users how your battery has held up in the long term. I mean, if my battery died outside of warranty I’d be buying a new one because I love this thing so much. I’m more curious than anything.

Top Bottom