• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

tbill

It is how I get the most but others might suggest otherwise. I just think you’ll be chasing a dream trying to get the same flavor as one does from a Minivap. It is Mighty convenient, Mighy consistent, and Mighty easy to load but it isn’t Mighty tasty after a few draws… But when I want something that requires little to no thought by me, I grab the Mighty.
Thinking of buying a Mighty +. Are the dosing capsules as difficult to open as I have seen mentioned on Youtube videos? And can you put in as little as .04 grams of flower? Lastly, it seemed like a real process to give it a complete cleaning -like taking it completely apart. Is it easier than it looks to do so? Thanks in advance

tbill,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Capsules are not difficult once "broken in" and familiar. You need minimal, but some dexterity.
Cleaning is not super bad, but you will need to do it occasionally. Only the top part, the cooling unit needs partial dis-assembly.
There are several ways to pack small amounts.

vapviking,

tbill

Thanks for your reply-last question...the video I watched said you should do a complete cleaning once a week. At most I would use it 3 times a day for a microdose. Do you agree? Could you please elaborate on the several ways to pack small amounts?

Last edited:
tbill,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I think you'd be looking at at least a month between cleanings. The cleanings don't need to be as the video you can leave o rings and screens in place, usually.
You can put in small amount and then top it with an oils pad, or do similar thing inside a capsule.

Have you made much study of other vapes for this use?
Not that I'm suggesting any...

vapviking,

tbill

I think you'd be looking at at least a month between cleanings. The cleanings don't need to be as the video you can leave o rings and screens in place, usually.
You can put in small amount and then top it with an oils pad, or do similar thing inside a capsule.

Have you made much study of other vapes for this use?
Not that I'm suggesting any...
I have been using The Evo and Cloud from Vapexhale for the last 10 years. Since I found out a couple of days ago that they went out of business,
it prompted me to think about the future, as nothing lasts forever. Also using something different after all these years would be nice. I just ordered one and hopefully I will like it enough to trade off with my "still going strong" Evo and make them both last longer. What is an oils pad and where do you get them? Thanks again for your help!

Techmob

The plan was to go on more bike rides, and move around more.
using this to medicate,
I think it will likely serve that purpose but as I’m a light weight I might not make it back home with the clouds it produces

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Thinking of buying a Mighty +. Are the dosing capsules as difficult to open as I have seen mentioned on Youtube videos? And can you put in as little as .04 grams of flower? Lastly, it seemed like a real process to give it a complete cleaning -like taking it completely apart. Is it easier than it looks to do so? Thanks in advance
The capsules can be hard to open if you let them get cold (hence letting any resin harden). Pop em out, let ‘em cool for a minute or two, and while they’re still warm they pry apart easily.

If you use the caps vs going native, you’ll drastically reduce cleaning intervals. I do one very packed capsule session per day, and can several weeks between cooling unit cleanings.

mitchgo61,

Sm00thV@pr

Don't mean to pry, but if it's out of warranty after 6 months of use are you sure you have your dates correct?
It's supposed to be a 2 year warranty from date of purchase I believe.

Yes, this^^^, and @Sm00thV@pr make sure it's not your wall socket, or just how your charger plugs into to your wall socket.

The Mighty charger is pretty much a regular male 5.5mm DC jack plug that is wired to have it's central pin as the positive conductor (centre positive) with 12 volts DC @3000mAh.
You can find similar power supplies that will replicate it on such things as CCTV, CB radio, and many domestic broadband routers. (Power supplies for guitar pedals are normally around 9 volt and centre negative, so dont use those).
There should be a label on each appliance or device stating the wiring polarity of the jack plug, and the voltage.
If the device's supply is similar to a Mighty, you can also test your Mighty charger using these other devices.
Power supplies under 3000mAh, such as 1 , 1.5, or 2 amp supplies, will charge the batteries of a Mighty no problem, but should cut out temporarily if you try to power up the vape as they won't have enough welly to power the Mighty heater like the original 3 amp one does.
I have once or twice heard of the 5.5mm DC socket inside the Mighty needing to be replaced or resoldered in the past on this thread I believe.
I don't know if you've already tried wiggling it very slightly although that's never really recommended!
Or just trying shaking or moving the wire lead around gently, as the conductors inside may be intermittently open circuit.
Have you looked inside the opening of your 12 volt Mighty socket closely with a jewellers loupe or magnifying glass to see if it all looks normal and if the terminals can properly make contact with a plug, or if there is any fluff lodged inside there?
You can reset settings such as temperature back to default, by holding the power button for 10 seconds while the vape is on, but I'm not sure this will help at all in your case.

Thanks for your detailed reply man,

What happened was that the Mighty was a replacement for an older broken Mighty, which S&B replaced under warranty.
Then I put the new replacement Mighty in my storage unit during the main Covid times, then after Covid restrictions reduced, I got the new Mighty out of storage and used it for around 5-6 months, until it stopped charging, and thus the warranty period was expired already.
NB. Storz & Bickel accepted my registration for the device on their website, but only gave a 1 year warranty, not 2 years, as it was a replacement item. It was over 2 years since receiving it from them anyway.

I tried wiggling the charging cable, tried a friend's charger & looked inside the charging socket for anything obstructing it (e.g. fluff, like you say), as well as opening the Mighty and checking inside, but there is no visible damage/problem, and it refuses to accept a charge from the charger.

Thanks for your ideas anyway, which are appreciated, and I have since 'modded' the Mighty to have an external battery pack (photos to follow)

[Charger port stopped working after only around 5 months of light use]
- So I have modified my Mighty (batteries removed and remoted), to use an external battery pack instead:

Mightybatt1.jpg

Mightybatt2.jpg

Battery indicator bar flashes "empty" every few seconds now, as that was the 'last known battery status', the last time I used it 'legitimately' and not with the external battery pack, so the 'brain'/CPU of the device 'thinks' it is almost out of battery power, but in reality there is plenty of power remaining (e.g. from fully-charged batteries).
Mightybatt3.jpg

Mightybatt4.jpg

The batteries are charged independently with 2 x 18650 battery charger.
The device works as normal, but does not show battery charge amount - the battery indicator on the Mighty just flashes 'almost empty', with an empty bar flashing every few seconds, but power is still there from the (e.g. fully charged) batteries.

NB. Underneath the tape around the wires are connectors, in order to unplug the battery pack, but some solder joints broke, so I did a temporary repair by twisting 2 wires together, and then just used black electrical tape to tape it all up.

- I am still working on ideas for this mod, e.g. I am looking for a better battery holder , and will re-solder the connectors soon, thus making the battery pack unpluggable (and possible for airport travel!).

- The benefit to this mod/setup is that you can have spare sets of batteries with you, while out and about.
The downsides are that it's (even) less portable, there is no battery indicator status anymore, and it is not "airport friendly" until you disconnect the battery pack, and make it look "more normal"! ;)
- I have tested this through a German airport, with the battery pack disconnected, and it was fine with airport security, but having the battery pack connected with wires like that could cause issues!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
[Charger port stopped working after only around 5 months of light use]
- So I have modified my Mighty (batteries removed and remoted), to use an external battery pack instead:

Mightybatt1.jpg

Mightybatt2.jpg

Battery indicator bar flashes "empty" every few seconds now, as that was the 'last known battery status', the last time I used it 'legitimately' and not with the external battery pack, so the 'brain'/CPU of the device 'thinks' it is almost out of battery power, but in reality there is plenty of power remaining (e.g. from fully-charged batteries).
Mightybatt3.jpg

Mightybatt4.jpg

The batteries are charged independently with 2 x 18650 battery charger.
The device works as normal, but does not show battery charge amount - the battery indicator on the Mighty just flashes 'almost empty', with an empty bar flashing every few seconds, but power is still there from the (e.g. fully charged) batteries.

NB. Underneath the tape around the wires are connectors, in order to unplug the battery pack, but some solder joints broke, so I did a temporary repair by twisting 2 wires together, and then just used black electrical tape to tape it all up.

- I am still working on ideas for this mod, e.g. I am looking for a better battery holder , and will re-solder the connectors soon, thus making the battery pack unpluggable and (and possible for airport travel!)

- The benefit to this mod/setup is that you can have spare sets of batteries with you, while out and about.
The downsides are that it's (even) less portable, there is no battery indicator status anymore, and it is not "airport friendly" until you disconnect the battery pack, and make it look "more normal"! ;)
- I have tested this through a German airport, with the battery pack disconnected, and it was fine with airport security, but having the battery pack connected with wires like that could cause issues!

Nice!
That could also be an easy conversion to plug-in, eh?

Sm00thV@pr

Unlikely, but,
While Mighty is on, try plugging on to charger, maybe it will charge in this mode? If so, it will charge when not needing power for heat, so when set temp is reached, lights will blink to indicate charging.
Thanks for your reply - I tried charging with the Mighty off and on, with 2 different chargers (which work fine with my friend's Mighty), but no charging input charge registered.

I have once or twice heard of the 5.5mm DC socket inside the Mighty needing to be replaced or resoldered in the past on this thread I believe.
- I am also prepared to do this, but the current charging port looks fine, with no apparent issues. It could work though.

Nice!
That could also be an easy conversion to plug-in, eh?
Thanks & Yes, there are connectors under the tape, and the idea is to plug/unplug the battery pack when required. The solder connections just broke at 3 points (out of 8 solder points), after a few weeks of use, so I just did a temporary repair until I get the soldering iron out again soon!

ok, but dumb question….you say your charger works on your friend’s Mighty. But did you try charging your Mighty with your friend’s charger?

I‘ve had a similar issue with two different units. Both times the Mighty would charge on a different charger. Give it a try, because my first reaction to your story was “bad charger” and using that charger with your friend’s Mighty isn’t sufficient evidence that the charger is ok with your Mighty, IMO. :2c:
Hi and thanks for your reply, and yes I did try my friend's Mighty charger too, and it didn't work on my Mighty.

Last edited:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Ok guys
i have changed my tune over the mighty+
actually finding it really useful and with some better flower I have got, much better on the flavour than first thought.
now I have got used to it, I am appreciating it more
I love my OG mighty. It sat in a drawer for years without use, and I used it the other day with my friends 😂. The screen is a little dim but the batteries, are surprisingly still working. It was charged still when I turned it on. I bought it in May 2015, and it’s still hitting hard.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I picked up a Mighty+ last week.
Couldn't resist the best portable Vaporizer running for the last 4 years. I have to admit, very nice heavy hitter, yet smooth. I had always had doubts about the vapor path as it's basically all plastic. But it has no taste at all and holds up to the heat very well. Only had it for a week but I'm very impressed.
I'm working on making a Caddy for it. Something that holds the dosing caps, brush, and a couple of containers for ABV and herb. Just something to keep all the goods together for moving from room to room etc.
Here is the initial design I've come up with.
0zl0ivygR28qOYcLdCu_1BPFxEw9DZE_Tya5jHm4WhAZMsXE-UdJTgQacj07TWGshRfoe7qH3Rkimc1FoMNy2D--u-EFs5z_tje8HBKYCc2ueeaXrJcfKORa3yUsZtddmdCeJgB-ONvPydWK

The containers are attached and can be adjusted for different heights. The bottom piece is partitioned so can be removed from the caddy.
j5P3yQGXZH2sVD3drixvfqLQsTXHgXbURRkypygL-O4EWP4-EmlBui7PC1ZNeQaK6Ed0uQq6zkn30GCnoah1t06zuyeW5cPzoN8NJ8t95MfM51Dk70A_ZlisUbMXawaYMZ2so7YHbcMqEfrT

The handle flips up and snaps to the top of the Mighty to hold down while carrying. The dosing capsules also snap into the Caddy and will not fall out.
75g9zgijOmKvOjThrHzW7dyxtSk3ER0jQUmIJEdAbHPsxDplpeREzqA49xAF78InEct8MKSjPYXYh1YKnwB4rKFzya5xafbBC4BUbtu3yg-E2JVjvgYVvS2rnNcGvxR5-c4x0W57DuaZQd3z

The rear of the unit has a holder for the cleaning brush and a couple of small drawers to hold spare screens and Orings. A few more dosing caps can also be stored in these drawers.
1xao1Xz1FwZK9Xjj1RIgBDIIGccJFXBynTbrGSODdhiJTkwhHLHON7aE3EdO0qKx7HqqqvDUcnHrMF_hR39gawk37yw_McdAkLMz6CNiBHI7QLZzEcR3THMudAjmVRqrY6rHxzEPG129xGXB

Once I finalize the design, I'll be putting it up on Thangs for download. :tup:
What do you guys think?

vapeape77

I picked up a Mighty+ last week.
Couldn't resist the best portable Vaporizer running for the last 4 years. I have to admit, very nice heavy hitter, yet smooth. I had always had doubts about the vapor path as it's basically all plastic. But it has no taste at all and holds up to the heat very well. Only had it for a week but I'm very impressed.
I'm working on making a Caddy for it. Something that holds the dosing caps, brush, and a couple of containers for ABV and herb. Just something to keep all the goods together for moving from room to room etc.
Here is the initial design I've come up with.
0zl0ivygR28qOYcLdCu_1BPFxEw9DZE_Tya5jHm4WhAZMsXE-UdJTgQacj07TWGshRfoe7qH3Rkimc1FoMNy2D--u-EFs5z_tje8HBKYCc2ueeaXrJcfKORa3yUsZtddmdCeJgB-ONvPydWK

The containers are attached and can be adjusted for different heights. The bottom piece is partitioned so can be removed from the caddy.
j5P3yQGXZH2sVD3drixvfqLQsTXHgXbURRkypygL-O4EWP4-EmlBui7PC1ZNeQaK6Ed0uQq6zkn30GCnoah1t06zuyeW5cPzoN8NJ8t95MfM51Dk70A_ZlisUbMXawaYMZ2so7YHbcMqEfrT

The handle flips up and snaps to the top of the Mighty to hold down while carrying. The dosing capsules also snap into the Caddy and will not fall out.
75g9zgijOmKvOjThrHzW7dyxtSk3ER0jQUmIJEdAbHPsxDplpeREzqA49xAF78InEct8MKSjPYXYh1YKnwB4rKFzya5xafbBC4BUbtu3yg-E2JVjvgYVvS2rnNcGvxR5-c4x0W57DuaZQd3z

The rear of the unit has a holder for the cleaning brush and a couple of small drawers to hold spare screens and Orings. A few more dosing caps can also be stored in these drawers.
1xao1Xz1FwZK9Xjj1RIgBDIIGccJFXBynTbrGSODdhiJTkwhHLHON7aE3EdO0qKx7HqqqvDUcnHrMF_hR39gawk37yw_McdAkLMz6CNiBHI7QLZzEcR3THMudAjmVRqrY6rHxzEPG129xGXB

Once I finalize the design, I'll be putting it up on Thangs for download. :tup:
What do you guys think?
Pretty sweet man! Only thing is for someone like me with lots of neighbors, it needs to be sealed up pretty much most of the time unless used. But man if I still had my old place that would be nice, maybe add a spot for a grinder.

PS I think the mighty and crafty get so smelly over time due to it being hard to clean the casing and plus you can’t plug the airholes in them. Leave it in your car in a low quality case…. Smelly car🤣

Last edited:

saint-82

Had my mighty since November 2015 and the device is still going strong.

Is this device still the GOAT compared to everything else ott on the market?

saint-82,
Reactions: BigJr48

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Is this device still the GOAT compared to everything else ott on the market?
Well, no. Still great, real Hall of Fame material, but not the GOAT. That would be a topic for a different thread, btw.

Other vapes have made great strides these past couple of years, imo.
I do still hold Mighty in very high regard, it has a solid slot in the rotation. I bought my second one last year after a 5 year run with first Mighty.

JermaineCole

Hey guys, I’m on the hunt for either a 3d printing file for the mighty or a dead/bricked mightys housing :) mine has been sitting in a drawer for 2 years now after an unfortunate drop off my couch snapped the plastic at it’s thin point where it holds the cu in place. Thanks, -Will

JermaineCole,

saint-82

Well, no. Still great, real Hall of Fame material, but not the GOAT. That would be a topic for a different thread, btw.

Other vapes have made great strides these past couple of years, imo.
I do still hold Mighty in very high regard, it has a solid slot in the rotation. I bought my second one last year after a 5 year run with first Mighty.

What else do you have? Sort of like an Amazon customers who liked mighty also liked...

saint-82,

drbadass

What else do you have? Sort of like an Amazon customers who liked mighty also liked...
not OP here but the Mighty+ was my first and I have come all the way around from loving to feeling like it was underpowered compared to my other stuff to now appreciating it for what it is-- a really simple fast reliable portable vape. It doesn't hit as hard as most of my other stuff but in a strange way that's kind of great, I can dial it up to max and it's still basically a daytime ABV light-medium roast, I can keep on with my activities. It doesn't require any thoughtful loading procedure and it just works quick and easy. Although people call it a session vape and it is, my "sessions" are typically a medium to fat bowl straight to 210 C, 3-5 big medium dense rips, and I'm on to the next thing.. maybe 2 or 3 minutes total. If I'm really trying to get altered I will just take a seat at my bar cart and hit one of the flowerpots.

Having just gotten my Lamart piece I'm currently pretty enamoured with it and obviously get more enjoyment out of using it, it's a different experience and the flavor is incredible.. but it also made me realize that the Mighty+ is pretty awesome too because just as much as I enjoy using the p80 it definitely is more involved to use on the go. Funny enough I never use the dosing caps in my Mighty but it seems like they work pretty well with the Tetra so it turned out to be useful in that sense too.

Full collection at the moment is the Mighty+, Herbo Ti, Flower Pot Pro, Untitled FP-based-project-that-I'll-unveil-another-time, p80, Danivape (haven't tried yet), and I would like to add a FW7 (or 8!) at some point if I can ever find one for sale. Only others on my radar really are the Nomad II/Toad, the Cloud Connoisseur stuff (Halo I think interests me the most) and then I have a lingering curiosity about all the older/harder to find stuff I see written about all over.. Sublimator, Verdamper, VapBong.. I know I'm missing stuff. Basically I just want all the good things lol.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
X
These vape threads are about using the titled vape, not so much for comps to others. Comp questions may be better placed in Ask FC.
In my rotation, I use a Mighty, a Bowle, a MiniVap, an rbt Splinter V2, a Grasshopper io and an XMax v3 pro.
I lean seriously toward convection these days!

New to this forum and it's been very helpful, as I've only been dry vaping for about 6 months, But with my Mighty+ (purchased just a few months ago as well) sometimes I notice a couple of things and wanted to ask if anyone else has experienced this? as well as another question...Just for context, I use the dosage capsules all the time, and my temperature starts at 356ºF and I never go any higher than 370/375ºF when I step up.

1. Sometimes people talk about a dry vape combusting (when it's not supposed to), and I was curious, how do you know when/if that happens -- how can you tell?

2. There were a couple of times when I was using the Mighty+ and it kind of felt like a little/quick spark/shock/snap-sensation and maybe even feeling like a tiny "hot" ember coming into my lungs? I'm going to try and pay more attention if it ever happens again so I can describe it better, but that's kind of how I remember it happening? Any idea what's happening there?

Thank you :-)

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
New to this forum and it's been very helpful, as I've only been dry vaping for about 6 months, But with my Mighty+ (purchased just a few months ago as well) sometimes I notice a couple of things and wanted to ask if anyone else has experienced this? as well as another question...Just for context, I use the dosage capsules all the time, and my temperature starts at 356ºF and I never go any higher than 370/375ºF when I step up.

1. Sometimes people talk about the dry vape combusting, and I was curious, how do you know when/if that happens -- how can you tell?

2. There were a couple of times when I was using the Mighty+ and it kind of felt like a spark/shock and maybe even feeling like a "hot" ember coming into my lungs? I'm going to try and pay more attention if it ever happens again so I can describe it better, but that's kind of how I remember it happening? Any idea what's happening there?

Thank you :-)
Hopefully someone will give you a lot more details, but for now...
Hey, Welcome to FC and to vaping flower, etc.!
The temps you are using are nowhere close to combustion, and even at highest temps it would be unusual for any combustion in a Mighty.
If it ever happens, you will absolutely know, unless your current habit alternates vaping with smoking (combusting...)!

I have no idea what that shock-like sensation may be. Again, unusual from a Mighty, they just don't spike like that.

Top Bottom