The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

blackstone

Only a week after release I got my Mighty+ for €286 w/free shipping and it shipped yesterday, this is already less than the previously released tafee bowle in the same store, even if I was OK with the coil heater type which that vape uses. And the S&B warranty is probably better or obviously less hassle, especially for Europe maybe USA too?
I would most likely not buy another new OG Mighty at this stage (I happily owned two over a four year span) because they are known to crack with normal use after a couple of years. I think the only vapes they offer with "improved housing material" (and further revised bowl surround fin designs) are the plus models and I doubt this will change in the future.
Also, the heater may or may not be the same wattage as before, we don't know yet, but they have reworked the control circuit and reduced excess mass in the heater block.
This means the new model will be sharper and more responsive at reaching temperature and staying there when called for, and the old one, as good as it is by most reports, should by comparison probably feel a little more dull, lagging behind, or less precise in this department with the spare, unnecessary metal to heat each time and a fully concealed heating cartridge.
I've owned Crafty+ since shortly after it's release and I REALLY enjoy it, ALL I want is that performance, or better, with a good bit more battery life and this Mighty+ is looking like it will do it for me.
According to one review it is a little stronger or sharper feeling than the Crafty+, which they said was bound to be the case with two cells versus one and a higher wattage heater than Crafty+.
I also bet it has a little more airflow than before, and this is very important to me.

Those were some of my reasons for picking this one up and I doubt I'll regret it!
I'll probably wait to buy the supercharger on Black Friday for 20% off.
It's highly possible they will discontinue the OG Mighty at some point, maybe even once current stock clears?

Something that I would have liked to see is if they built a USB-C Supercharger socket into the Volcano Hybrid but maybe that's just silly and adds cost and something onboard to go faulty.
And maybe I'd like a Mighty+ option with no feet too!🦶🦶👟👟

PS. @invertedisdead in Troy's video he gets the Mighty+ to creep as high as 420F as it overshoots a little. I dont know if it's actually getting hotter than before or it's just a difference in measurement/display but it looks like you kinda got that one wish about a hotter temperature Mighty!?
The ABV looks quite dark in the Vape dot Guide review too.

MGG

Yeah I'm curious about the airflow also. Troy didn't seem to comment on it so I imagine it is not significant but if you look inside the bowl it's clear the holes are bigger on the new one.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
you can pass the mighty to your friend
Pretty sure that this would be better, made for the job,

Murk

Apparently most small tablet phone chargers work with 25w to 36w. It would be interesting to know if the mighty+ charges with these chargers and how long it takes to reach 80% charge.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Can you use a "fast adaptive charger" that comes with smartphones on a Mighty+?

come on, the spare mouthpiece is indeed useful especially due to covid, you can pass the mighty to your friend without worrying for infection, just swap the mouthpiece.

Yes you can you don't have to buy another
I'm guessing that almost any usb-c charger will 'work', it's a matter of how long it will take to charge. Are those cell phone chargers delivering 45 watts like the S&B super charger? (I'm sure some other after-market or other-brand chargers will do it that fast)

vapviking,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

MGG

Wow that's not okay imo. Already scratched. What a failure this mighty+ is turning out to be.

- so it stands but not really, troy showed it's less stable than OG mighty.

- so it has USB-C charging but U need to buy a seperate super charger.

- so it has a ceramic coating to prevent the aluminium from scratching/chipping but it still scratches and is now even more visually obvious

simplywonderful

lol what? when I saw that commercial I was like wtf is this designated to rich kids, hipsters and athletes?
I know they did some research on their costumer base, but well shit seems inauthentic a little bit.
I bet we all know that real coolness or whatever you call it, that uniqueness, few people have taste for it.
Maybe it was a sign and that is why Markus also did not appeared in the vid :D
maybe the + will suck, lets see what Bud / Vape critic will say, if he still does reviews I mean.
Can someone compare how crafty+ hits compared to og mighty? without mentioning the battery? heater on og seems to be 36w yet on the new one is 45w, is it the same with crafty + heater also 45w?
thank you guys

Wow that's not okay imo. Already scratched. What a failure this mighty+ is turning out to be.

- so it stands but not really, troy showed it's less stable than OG mighty.

- so it has USB-C charging but U need to buy a seperate super charger.

- so it has a ceramic coating to prevent the aluminium from scratching/chipping but it still scratches and is now even more visually obvious
what about the pass through charge I read somewhere its possible when you have 80% battery level, and what about the toxicity of the zirconium ? I read some article long time ago where both aluminum and zirconium toxicity was mentioned from exposure/inhalation

I can handle only a full bowl of 1:2 cbd. I wanted to test a full thc strain by microdosing with a liquid pad. But, there's no liquid pad from the box. :sherlock:

Hawaiian,
Reactions: BigJr48

vapeape77

Another good reason not to use those aluminium dosing caps.

I think it will be a pretty successful marketing campaign and that is about it.
Yeah the aluminum caps tend to bend at the lid edge as you use em and fit pretty tight anyway. Turn it too much as you remove also can cause scratching. But yeah ceramic does scratch, be very very careful….. lol at least it doesn’t come with an oil pad to do more damage. My biggest worry will be replacing the screen and scratching

simplywonderful

Im just wondering when someone beautiful from here come up with stainless steel chamber for regular or mighty + :D I think many would appreciate it if it would be in accessible price range, I dont understand the coating, ceramic chambers are used mostly for convection cheap vapes which sucks bals. Do someone who already has og and + vouch that its worth it? not counting in the new vape feel and og of yours should be clean for comparison.
mine clogged multiple times, airflow affected always.

On Mike Lindells site :rofl: Switch to edibles if you are worried!
Edit, there is a thread to talk about materials safety somewhere
probably not,I used to love smoking gravity bongs out of soda bottles with aluminum foil top as stove.
I didnt know shit evaporates at lower temps compared to regular aluminum.
No wonder I was going full retard :D

Top Bottom