The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Vape critic , voice of the industry 😂

vaped hard with the mighty+ today, maybe 20 bowls in 12 hours. No complaints, having fun with it
Haha, I could just do about 3-4 bowls yesterday. With my lil tolerance, it was a day of mind confusion, really. I couldn't even focus on something. Hate this overdosed effect, when it's like that, I need to eat something, to regain the focus. But that Mighty+ feels so good in the hand...

There's also one thing that I forgot about s&b devices, the full rapid extraction. I'm a guy who likes to start a sesh at 180°c and then switch to 210°c. But with this devices, if you stay longer on the lower temp, you'll get only 1-2 soft draws on the max temp. So I think that, if you want to play with temps, you'll need to limit your draws to 2 per temperature.

For exemple, with my HR Edge, I can vape at lower temps much longer, and when I switch to high, there's still alot of draws.

Or it may just be my coarse grinding... Must do more tests :sherlock:

Last edited:
Hawaiian,
Reactions: BigJr48

simplywonderful

You can only try, they might give you some help on cleaning it if that is all that needs doing, a decent ceramic coating is usually quite resilient.

More S$B marketing, let's wear out those non-user replaceable batteries a bit quicker.

It is just topping the battery as you use the device, another S$B dollar grab to wear out those batteries.

Scratches do not reduce the life of your Mighty, that soft aluminium scratches by just looking at it...try not to worry about the scratches. :tup:

I used to watch all his videos until I learned he still combusts (that may have changed?) and he will try to talk about flavor...he should stick to Webber reviews seeing he likes smoke so much.:2c:
I hope SB sended express mail to vape critic, I only trusted his nodding and his fucked up eyes in the reviews. That speak for itself, I always considered him most honest reviewer.
@Been Vapin
Well at least he got always to the point, I did got nothing valuable from his vids.
On the other side I was previously hating on mighty, mainly because of plastic and the previously used packaging seems a bit odd to me blue and orange, seemed like fake device with fake feedbacks, until I saw his test on it
and from all metal/ceramic/glass pure convection and conduction vapes I went to Mighty never looked back

Last edited:

simplywonderful

Vape critic , voice of the industry 😂

vaped hard with the mighty+ today, maybe 20 bowls in 12 hours. No complaints, having fun with it
he convinced me on
Then you don't know Troy :spliff:

Check at 09:45
I know but I still dont know which one is winner, vape critic previously at least offered some criticism towards mighty + .
That battery charge time with new brick is kind of add, so it charges 10minutes faster than OG ? like WTF? buying C cable as many does for OG seems to be the golden deal :D
@LesPlenty
Yeah Im glad I never picked up the ghost mv1 even through it was overhyped when I was buying the mighty.

simplywonderful,
Reactions: BigJr48

vapeape77

I was thinking about using a magic eraser
Did you feel the affected area with a finger? Honestly if it’s a scratch leave it alone, and if it’s not just be happy it’s not a scratch.

Going magic eraser is exactly what I meant when I said don’t get overzealous with the cleaning, gonna fuck your lungs up man

Last edited:

dillsnufus

Did you feel the affected area with a finger? Honestly if it’s a scratch leave it alone, and if it’s not just be happy it’s not a scratch.

Going magic eraser is exactly what I meant when I said don’t get overzealous with the cleaning, gonna fuck your lungs up man
Couldn’t really tell .

DO NOT, the material (melamine foam) will dust off and it is REALLY bad for your lungs! Plus, it's hard to get all of it off from something once you've got it on there. The dust specs are sharp as glass and can cause respiratory problems for people who work around them.
Thanks for the heads up . Honestly it hasn’t effected anything so I think I’ll be fine . It was gonna happen anyway .

blackstone

Early Monday morning La Centrale Vapeur came through big time on their promise for another FC member and got the goods to me real fast from France! What a great pre-order promo to be a part of overall, thanks to those guys!!
They were great with an update along the way and some free gifts, like a branded pouch too I forgot to put in the photo.
20211004-232933.jpg

I'm delighted with the Mighty+ I find it pumps out the vapor and is tasty and a beast! And the airflow is super.
I always thought the load that I put in these caused the most restriction but I'm impressed how much air I can pull through my sample.
And I don't remember a S&B portable that kept up with deep inhales like this one, maybe just the way I half fill it? (using half caps plus a half pad in the cap). Normally before when I pulled that hard i would expect the clouds to get a little weaker sometimes.
I didn't have a Mighty for a while so it's fun holding the shape again, and I think now im at a place physically where I can easily deal with the extra weight over the Crafty.
The contours of the fins don't really come into play while I'm using the vape, as I only hold the edges, but it feels real nice while holding the vape after a session and less likely to slip from your hand. Maybe they will also be felt more while using the vape with a bubbler.
The first charge took 3hrs 20mins to charge from one bar of battery up to full using the 2.4A usb Crafty+ charger.
Fine if you do your charging with a timer at night.
I got 5 seperate heat up cycles and consumed 5 half caps and the battery had still only dropped one bar on the gauge (six bars total),
It dropped a second bar while heating up for the 6th time and i fooled around then with some bubbler action.
I used to do this thing through water where I heatsoak a small amount for 90 seconds at full temperature, well with the Mighty+ I just tried a 30 second heatsoak and it was smooth but so dense I nearly choked!
Seems very powerful for water etc. I'm wiped out after that, and this day!
I totally agree with Troy that it tastes different toward the end or when boosted, sort of like the Crafty+ did too but maybe even different again.
When I first got to 210c I thought I had combusted! Maybe it's the material I have now or the way i load it.
Maybe it tastes a bit like intense roast up there, almost a little close to the edge but that's what some wanted. I enjoyed these high temp. tones in Crafty+ too so I'll probably adapt quickly. I remember Crafty+ being generally nicer than the usual more popcorn type taste of the older models when set up full.
I use all S&B vapes up full eventually, but this one (and maybe it happened with the Crafty+ too), makes me think about backing off about 3 degrees and trying that.
The heat up time to 180c from about 22.5c or 25c ambient was only 50 seconds. This is really noticeable for each use, i hardly have time to fill a cap, or you can load in a cap first and then turn on, with almost no damage to the taste of the load.
I think I'm going to get on really well with this vaporizer! Thinking of selling my Crafty+ already even though I had a really great walk/outing with that Sunday! And a back up, new in box, Crafty+ too that could go now. And to help claw back even more money, my first Volcano that's been hanging around ever since covid affected local p2p private sales.

This picture below shows the way that I initially thought the stir tool reversal was supposed to be done when I first heard about it years ago. All I'm saying is, I tried this with Mighty+ and the vape is very stable. It might help somebody at a mad party some night! Just remember though that this way, the tool just falls right out/stays on the table when you lift the vape, unlike when you reverse it the "proper" way.
Even just using the older, more flat ended, solid orange color stir sticks also has diferent results.
20211004-232556.jpg

(Mighty+ Supercharge function) More S$B marketing, let's wear out those non-user replaceable batteries a bit quicker.
With this new system they've employed, each end user gets to choose how quickly or slowly their batteries charge.
Also,
"during the first phase of charging, batteries can absorb a charge quickly without major negative effects on their long-term health."
And,
"Unless there's some technical flaw with your battery or charger electronics, however, using a fast charger won't do your battery any long-term damage."

Source

(The OG Mighty pass through system) It is just topping the battery as you use the device, another S$B dollar grab to wear out those batteries.

The older passthrough system on this device did not use the battery to power the heater in between charging periods, so it was designed and accepted to be much gentler on batteries than most other systems available including everything later on from Arizer and most Chinese stuff or everything else.
And when the OG Mighty battery was fully charged and plugged in the heater power still came from the mains but no charging took place at all, so even more gentle on batteries again.
(Hope the above answers your question a little too @Vape_ninja )
The only systems I know of that are better than this were on the first Solo units (later revised), or even better, this system on the new Mighty+, where the batteries can be treated and charged completely separately to receiving full heater power from the mains.

I've been reading all of the negativity on the Mighty + and just wanted to shed some positivity because this thing is awesome.

USB charging was what honestly kept me from getting the Mighty OG. I do a lot of hiking and camping. I'm regularly using a power bank and needed this feature or I was SOL in the woods. This was a deal-breaker for any vape before I would consider it. Stoked that I'm in the club now!

You really need to try and scratch the ceramic, it's extremely well coated. If you don't scrape it with a harder tool this will hold up just like all of my ceramic cooking pieces will. I'm sure it'll get some discoloration over time but purely cosmetic.

As far as it standing on its own it does it just fine. I've had the bottom attachment on the whole time and it still hasn't fallen over yet. Sure, if you are that violent of a person and need to bang your desks every day. It will fall over but I think you have bigger problems now.

As far as them not including a power bank, yes, it irked me a bit. It's definitely becoming the new norm. My MB Pro (87w) charger was able to charge a 9v3a (27w) channel. It charged rather quickly, definitely no more than 90 minutes. I ordered the Samsung 45w charger as it hits a lot of boxes that'll charge multiple devices now and be compliant with all of them. Just getting with current times of charging. I think in 2-3 years you'll have too many of the 'super-charger' power bricks that this won't be a concern.

The screen is legit! No complaints from me, it's what I would expect from a high-end vaporizer. Clean and very crisp.

The power button and other buttons don't feel mushy like he said in the video. They work great and give instant feedback. I love the preset temp, being able to boost it 15c with a double click, then another 15c (or 30c if starting at preset) just with a triple-click. I continue on with my session without having to look at my temps.

Ergonomics are huge to me and for the size, it feels very natural to the hand.

I don't get any hot spots when holding it unless I look for it near the chamber.

The clicking people talk about I had to hold it up to my ear to hear it.

Overall, I love it, a great product put out by S&B.

Nice reviews over here!

maybe just the way I half fill it? (using half caps plus a half pad in the cap)
Can you please precise, how exactly do you fill it ? Do you just fill those alluminium caps a half and put it in the bowl ?
A full bowl is an overkill for me. Yesterday I were in an astral of deep thinking because of it, lol. Sometimes its good, sometimes not really.

vapeape77

A full bowl is an overkill
Did you get yourself a glass ring reducer?

After using the HR Edge with caps for over a year, I’ll probably just use a 2:1 cbd flower when doing a full bowl with new unit. Lol just bought this bud yesterday as I wait…

Did you get yourself a glass ring reducer?

After using the HR Edge with caps for over a year, I’ll probably just use a 2:1 cbd flower when doing a full bowl with new unit. Lol just bought this bud yesterday as I wait…
Oh, I forgot this one. Yeah, but I need to pick it from a friend who received it.

I'm in the same boat as you. HR Edge capsules and cbd 2:1 strain user.

Top Bottom