The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Piet5

- Never had issues with heat up time or battery. Faster/more is ok, but i never missed it.
- The fins to let it stand don't look solid, a third party stand might still be a better option.
- Never missed USB charging

So for me the only relevant change seems to be the ceramic bowl, which potentially affects vapor quality.
I guess i wait for you guys to give it a try before i consider an upgrade :).

Vaporcussion

If my Mighty was my main, every day vape, I would consider upgrading. But from what I’ve read here ( thanks to those for the quick list), I’m fine with my now “old” version. Due to the SIZE, I tend to reach for my IQ2 when I desire a conduction vape. The Mighty does however..... ALWAYS DELIVERS....
Me too. I was hoping for more bowls per charge, like the Crafty+ I believe the Mighty is combination conduction/convection.

HomerSchwag

$399 USD.

Prob gonna wait until my OG 2015 model bites the dust. May pull the trigger on that Onyx Hybrid though…

Typical Germans lol.

Got it right years ago, so just incremental boosts and performance tinkering to please the masses + release a higher entry price point and probably please their new corporate Bosses.

I wouldn't expect anything truly innovative in the Mighty form, it will be an entirely new model when we see anything truly new from Storz & Bickel

Esit*
If I was in the market, the Onyx Volcano is super sexy

jbm

I wouldn't expect anything truly innovative in the Mighty form, it will be an entirely new model when we see anything truly new from Storz & Bickel
They'll still sell a metric effload, even at that price, so what incentive do they have to innovate? Over in r/craftymighty there's a ton of "TAKE MY MONEY" posts already. BTW, looked at the what's iincluded list, and they include a brush, a USB-C cable, dosing capsule, and a concentrate pad. No more filling tool or grinder.

They'll still sell a metric effload, even at that price, so what incentive do they have to innovate? Over in r/craftymighty there's a ton of "TAKE MY MONEY" posts already. BTW, looked at the what's iincluded list, and they include a brush, a USB-C cable, dosing capsule, and a concentrate pad. No more filling tool or grinder.
I was more speaking along the lines of their German nature...as in they see no need to fix perfection so anything truly different will come in a new form entirely.

You didn't understand my cultural references at all. They don't care about innovating per say, they have already set the bar so in typical German fashion they will tweak incrementally the models they have already established.

I can't really argue with them.

Leepretzel89,
Reactions: BigJr48

Shorner

They won't be taking my money, it's a joke no real improvements.

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
My OG Mighty is still rocking, just barely… screen is almost shot.
I don’t use it every day anymore, but surprised it’s still going on the original battery pack.

I know a few business owners who get wholesale pricing so I might try to snag one at a discount through them.
im in need of a upgrade. Would never pay full price though.

no Plenty update?? I want that Plenty+OnYx haha.

Some-new-user

Yep so mostly everyone has seen the keynote - 4 vapes now not just one.....those onyx hybrids, if only they sort the problem with the filling chamber splitting.

Interested that the ceramic coating from the hybrid chamber debate has shown up on the new crafty++ and the Mighty+. I'm not 100% sold on it in that hybrid chamber - mine was the add on that I had to fit myself and I keep thinking this is the reason for the housing cracking. It will be easier to clean. No bluetooth but it stands on it's own and USB-C with passthrough charging (will this need USB PD to take advantage of?? doubt a 2A normal USB powerbank will allow this). We will see. I have been holding out for this one - not much different from the other 2 mighty's I have in rotation but they have served their purpose. Less than 50p per day cost to usage ratio, can't beat that really - that's eliminated tobacco for me and papers too - I no longer taste burning paper when I use my herb which is worth more than any amount of money for me. Yes this can be done with a dynavap it can be done with a lightbulb and a candle if you really want to or whatever flats your boat. Such an amazing time to be alive when we have x strains being bred and all of these fantastic ways to consume them. Keep going eh

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer
Good news in regards to the screen display
2J9QXnL.jpg

darbarikanada

I happen to think there's more reason than before to go Crafty+ in the future...
troy @ 420 vapezone didn't see any difference in the vapor between the crafty+ and OG mighty. I suspect the mighty's slightly larger cooling unit makes the vapor a tad cooler, but maybe not by much. to my mind crafty+ would be preferable if you want smaller, mighty if you want more sessions per charge.

darbarikanada,

olysh pops

A new building, a new design for the Volcano, a new Crafty+ and a Mighty+, wow, that's a lot of news !

The presence of Jürgen Bickel in the S&B keynote reminds us that S&B values have not changed, despite the changes !

I hope that the users of the new versions will confirm this :)

Last edited:

Some-new-user

So if I heard that right half a million mighty units sold in around 7 years

I worked that out at just under 72000 units a year. 195 units a day so every day around 200 new people in the world fall in love with vaporisation. Yeah total fanboying right now and yeah no massive improvements but this it is still the same model it's just '2021' edition mighty with some improvements that bring it slightly up to date. Everyone wants replaceable batteries but we won't get that anytime soon. There are vapes with replaceable batteries and there are vapes that use a flame. We all have our own tastes. Hopefully the new facility could give them breathing space to develop new products. Slightly gutted that there's no Bluetooth- no it doesn't need it but S&B set the bar with the mighty. It would have been nice to see something along the lines of davinci with dosage and one thing I really love about the crafty is being able to see how long I've used it but thats that.

I just hope they have more than a few hundred units up their sleeve. Maybe this is another positive of sourcing components from local sources.

Some-new-user,

Greenleaf88

troy @ 420 vapezone didn't see any difference in the vapor between the crafty+ and OG mighty. I suspect the mighty's slightly larger cooling unit makes the vapor a tad cooler, but maybe not by much. to my mind crafty+ would be preferable if you want smaller, mighty if you want more sessions per charge.
Actually he had said he noticed a little difference and preferred the crafty plus cooling unit but prefers his mighty in the Troy and Jerry show then again I am a stoner and.could have heard wrong.

But on a brighter side finally I guess I have to buy it.

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer
Here's what comes in the package.
QhtjjPU.png

• 1 pc. MIGHTY+
  • 1 pc. USB-C Cable (USB type C to USB type A plug)
  • 3 pcs. Normal Screen, small
  • 3 pcs. Coarse Screen, small)
  • 3 pcs. Base Seal Ring, small
  • 2 pcs. Drip Pad, small
  • 1 pc. Dosing Capsule
  • 1 pc. Cleaning Brush
  • 1 pc. Instructions for Use (concice)

Does anyone know if the screens, base seal ring, and dosing capsule are the same size for the OG mighty? What's a good site to get all of these in bulk?

Last edited:
Here's what comes in the package.
QhtjjPU.png

• 1 pc. MIGHTY+
  • 1 pc. USB-C Cable (USB type C to USB type A plug)
  • 3 pcs. Normal Screen, small
  • 3 pcs. Coarse Screen, small)
  • 3 pcs. Base Seal Ring, small
  • 2 pcs. Drip Pad, small
  • 1 pc. Dosing Capsule
  • 1 pc. Cleaning Brush
  • 1 pc. Instructions for Use (concice)

Does anyone know if the screens, base seal ring, and dosing capsule are the same size for the OG mighty? What's a good site to get all of these in bulk?
that is not the supercharger cable, correct? that is a separate buy?

DennisFlonasal,

Green Kiwi

Probably,the first time ever.........I have to disagree with Troy then.:if you look just into the bowl you can obviously, see the difference. Square ,middle instead of round ,different size of air holes, etc.
also, have a look on S&B's video about the NEW heather.
it almost looks now(the new one, which I love soooo much)has twin twisters like in the Dyanavap aftermarketstuff:2c:.

I'm not sure that "he missed" this part, I more think he was occupied with a few vapes at the same time, might have been soo wasted he confused a few things?:hmm:.
Although I can't find were and when he said that.......so probably a misunderstanding:shrug:.

HomerSchwag

Probably,the first time ever.........I have to disagree with Troy then.:if you look just into the bowl you can obviously, see the difference. Square ,middle instead of round ,different size of air holes, etc.
also, have a look on S&B's video about the NEW heather.
it almost looks now(the new one, which I love soooo much)has twin twisters like in the Dyanavap aftermarketstuff:2c:.

I'm not sure that "he missed" this part, I more think he was occupied with a few vapes at the same time, might have been soo wasted he confused a few things?:hmm:.
Although I can't find were and when he said that.......so probably a misunderstanding:shrug:.
Troy seemed to have changed his mind about the Crafty+ in one of the recent Troy & Jerry podcasts. They were comparing it head to head with the Mighty & he seemed surprised that the Crafty+ was hitting a little harder at the beginning of the session.

Vaporcussion

When the Crafty+ came out, they improved the circuitry/battery life, hence more bowls per charge. I was hoping the Mighty+ would do the same, but sadly no mention of that. Curious how the two compare

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I don’t know exactly why, but I’m pretty happy they didn’t add Bluetooth.
You might change your mind when the LCD screen fails at the start of a camping trip and leaves you button guessing temps, would have been a nice addition you would not use if you did not want to..would have added 5 or 10 bucks to the build price though!
New ceramic bowl > no longer aluminum
I bet it is still aluminium under that ceramic coating.:2c:
So a Mighty+ with a jhook gets rid of the aluminium/plastic in the vapor path after the heater but that heater is still aluminium...good enough for me...once Black Friday rolls around...maybe.

Those tabs for feet upgrade make the old saying that S&B made the Mighty that way so it would not fall over and break a bit mute, it now looks very ready for a spill!

LesPlenty,

MGG

It's unclear if it's just a ceramic coating or a new ceramic bowl.
To me ceramic > aluminium. 100% even though this is a small change it's the one thing i was hoping for, that they would move away from aluminium.

Storz N Bickel did say the screen is 'improved'

Personally I'm glad they didn't add bluetooth.

I actually wish the video was a bit longer and went into more detail.

I really want confirmation on if Crafty+ has passthrough charging.
If it does then that's my next vape. I think it'd be really disappointing if they managed to get passthrough working through USB-C on the mighty but not on the crafty.

MGG,
Top Bottom