The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

bigmouth

I prefer to top my Mighty loads with a quarter-sized, fine screen instead of a screen in the cooling unit. Keeps cooling unit clean, too.
I wrecked my cooling unit screen the first time I tried to clean it years ago. As I remember, it was not finely meshed. It was then I decided the large, finely meshed screen worked better at keeping debris out of the cooling unit. The cooling unit locks the screen in place. And at times I put a little bit of concentrate on the screen for enhanced hits.
I use both personally. I put a fine mesh screen in the cooling unit, then use a coarse mesh screen to keep the material packed down. Frankly, the coarse mesh screens are kinda useless imo. I wish they'd just include the fine mesh ones.

bigmouth,
Reactions: macbill

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Ask yourself this question, what is the Mighty lacking that the Mighty+ could "potentially" have that you need, or can’t live without. :hmm:

1. Higher maximum temperature of at least 220C
2. Non-proprietary charging option (i.e. USB)
3. Different setup for attaching the CU so plastic parts don't break
4. Smaller form factor

...I could go on.

I guess I don't 'need' these features and can probably 'live without' them, but it would make the Mighty experience better IMO. There is always room for improvement. :)

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
4. Smaller form factor

...I could go on.

I guess I don't 'need' these features and can probably 'live without' them, but it would make the Mighty experience better IMO. There is always room for improvement. :)

I’m awaiting my 1st Mighty. Regarding #3, are the plastic tabs prone to breakage?

Reason I ask, is I bought the 14mm WPA from Puffitup, it’s the hard plastic version. That’s on the way too. Then I read from user reports, these could stress those Mighty tabs, that normally connect the CU, and possibly break them if stressed on a rig.

Some recommended the WPA adapters that use a softer “rubber/silicone” instead of the hard plastic, then some owners of that type complained the Mighty was not stable in their rig with the softer material. Basically leaving me confused as to which is better, or less likely to break the plastic Mighty tabs, but work effectively.

Anyone with first hand experience on this?

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Moses Baca

SquirrelMaster

So after my burn off I packed my Mighty to the brim and went for a 6km run with the dogs last night. I was skeptical of how the flavour would be with all that plastic and the funky smell coming off during the burn off but I'm happy to report that I was pleasantly surprised! Absolutely zero added flavour to my bowl of Wedding Crasher.

The little tool they include for loading is really slick. I was worried about spilling as I had completely forgotten about it and it works like a charm.
I started low at 165°C/329°F and gradually bumped the temperature up before eventually ending at 200°C/392°. The extraction speed is very deceiving to be honest with how smooth the vapour is. I opened the top to check the herb and everything was nicely browning but the flavour didn't drop off like I expected it too. I stirred it to check how consistent the flower was cooking but there was no need.

My tolerance has plummeted over the past couple months so a full bowl had me flying! I'm going to try out the dosing capsules right away with some Golden Goat :).

Djsleepy

So after my burn off I packed my Mighty to the brim and went for a 6km run with the dogs last night. I was skeptical of how the flavour would be with all that plastic and the funky smell coming off during the burn off but I'm happy to report that I was pleasantly surprised! Absolutely zero added flavour to my bowl of Wedding Crasher.
The little tool they include for loading is really slick. I was worried about spilling as I had completely forgotten about it and it works like a charm.
I started low at 165°C/329°F and gradually bumped the temperature up before eventually ending at 200°C/392°. The extraction speed is very deceiving to be honest with how smooth the vapour is. I opened the top to check the herb and everything was nicely browning but the flavour didn't drop off like I expected it too. I stirred it to check how consistent the flower was cooking but there was no need.

My tolerance has plummeted over the past couple months so a full bowl had me flying! I'm going to try out the dosing capsules right away with some Golden Goat :).

awesome! I knew you’d be happy... it’s just too easy and too consistent And after ghost and haze I need easy and consistent:tup:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
4. Smaller form factor

Re #3; The 12v charge system is not proprietary (no intellectual property ownership). I have a car power cable (cigarette lighter type) from a Nitecore charger that works just fine with Mighty, for instance. One could, in the old days, find the right charger at Radio Shack. I agree it's not as 'convenient' or ubiquitous as usb. OTOH it is more robust.
Re#4; Crafty+

I’m awaiting my 1st Mighty. Regarding #3, are the plastic tabs prone to breakage?

Reason I ask, is I bought the 14mm WPA from Puffitup, it’s the hard plastic version. That’s on the way too. Then I read from user reports, these could stress those Mighty tabs, that normally connect the CU, and possibly break them if stressed on a rig.

Some recommended the WPA adapters that use a softer “rubber/silicone” instead of the hard plastic, then some owners of that type complained the Mighty was not stable in their rig with the softer material. Basically leaving me confused as to which is better, or less likely to break the plastic Mighty tabs, but work effectively.

Good questions and they demonstrate that you've been doing your homework on this thing!
I use the delta3dstudios silicone wpa, the rubbery one, and I'm fine with it. My use happens to keep Mighty vertical - with a bubbler it is upright and with my water piece it it 180 degrees inverted. This means it's pretty steady, but if it were on an angle I might be more concerned. Actually, if it were inverted and tipped at an angle, I don't know as I'd trust either kind of wpa to not stress Mighty's housing. Why use the vape's own weight as a force to stress it?

Most of the hard plastic ones include some caution about over tightening, since they don't have a positive 'stop' built in. Some guys have re-shaped part of the plastic base (with a file or dremel) into a more tapered affair.
Each has it's minor drawback but each also has a crowd of happy users.

Herbie

OK - so I replaced the small o ring on the CU that somehow disappeared. The Mighty is back to normal! Happy day. Night and day difference. You look at it and it doesn’t look like much but it really will cause a fatal leak, as triskelion alluded to.

As mentioned, it took me several sessions to realize there was a problem. Should have caught it immediately. However, I rotate several vapes and just missed it. Lesson learned: make sure your o rings are in good condition, and, actually in place. LOL.

SquirrelMaster

I hear you @Djsleepy I can already tell the experience will be more easy and consistent with the Mighty. My first MV1 gave me trouble for months where as the Mighty was ready to go right out of the gates. My afternoon sesh with a dosing cap of golden goat went very well :). I prefer dosing caps that lock closed so these fit the bill well. I'll load up a few of them tonight with maybe some Purple Punchsicle or Watermelon to really judge the flavour. My tolerance is not going to last :rofl:.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
OK - so I replaced the small o ring on the CU that somehow disappeared. The Mighty is back to normal! Happy day. Night and day difference. You look at it and it doesn’t look like much but it really will cause a fatal leak, as triskelion alluded to.
Yeah.....it doesn’t work without that o-ring! :lol:

It’s easy to lose that sucker. I’ve had it pop off and fly across the room just from a gentle brushing.

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Regarding #3, are the plastic tabs prone to breakage?

I've had mine for about three years now and all my plastic still looks like new. I've only used it through water a couple of times with an attachment other than the stock CU. And I only use capsules.

I am guessing those with more experience than me can answer your question regarding breakage.

Congrats on your Mighty. It's very reliable and works well. I have no regrets at all.

Michel

I've had mine for about three years now and all my plastic still looks like new. I've only used it through water a couple of times with an attachment other than the stock CU. And I only use capsules.

I am guessing those with more experience than me can answer your question regarding breakage.

Congrats on your Mighty. It's very reliable and works well. I have no regrets at all.

Do you mind sharing how many bowls a day you vape? Thanks

Michel,
Reactions: BigJr48

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755

I have both and prefer the silicone. I had to file the plastic bits on the glass/plastic wpa but it was still very tight. I suppose I could have filed more to get a better fit but I didn't like the stress it was putting on my Mighty. I haven't used it since getting the silicone version from Delta3DStudios.

tdriver

...snip...

they don't break....just like that, ..... after a few years they seem to chip-off (i guess from the heat-stress), small pieces will break, until nothing is left to hold the cooling unit..... but that can take a while.....
my first one "chipped" the first bit after almost 2 years, then the heater stopped working, so i got a replacement. now another 21/2 years have passed and last month the first bit (about 2mm ) has been chipped off...
....if i can't find a replacement shell when things get worse, (in another year maybe?) i will do a mod and post it here..... (a metal bracket that will be in place of the tabs)
iu

Image1.png

Last edited:

Socks And Sandals

We know there's been a recent Crafty+ release and we see one member has received a Crafty+/Mighty+ charger, so we thinks some plan is afoot. I believe the rest is speculation.

1. Exclusive caps use will keep bowl cleaner, longer, but aren't you just dying to fill 'er up per design and let the thing rip? Just give it a quick brush or wipe after if you can. I mostly use caps now, with c/u screen removed. It helps conserve some bud...the bowl on mine was shot long ago.

2. Doesn't sound right to me, mines varies +/- by 2 to 4 degrees C.

3. The dosing cap magazine lid (the clear part) is a filling funnel that can be placed directly on top of a cap. Very clever design. When filling a batch for the mag I do use it often, but daily practice I stuff a cap right out of the grinder.

Some folks are liking the filling tools (S&B, Delta3dstudios). They are a little more paraphernalia than I'm interested in tracking. One guy recently said he changed his grind (to finer) to facilitate the material's use in the filling tray. This sounded like a sacrifice to me because I like a medium grind in Mighty.

One last caution. Be sure to always insert caps lid-up, in either the chamber or the magazine. Upside down will jam it in there, being pushed further down as you tighten the c/u or mag lid. Not a good situation.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the reply! I also prefer a medium grind it seems like. As far as the Dosing caps go, I'll continue using them but I do plan on at least loading up the loading tool and the bowl without them.. At least a few times!

I want to be clear on this.. It fluctuates about 7 below and 4 over the set temp.

I should have been more clear.. I'm speaking about taking a long 12 second draw... After hitting at 383, I can look down at my mighty almost immediately and It will show as low as 265 or so. I need to know if this is normal.

I hope it is because today was the last day of the return window at Puff It Up..

SquirrelMaster

Dosing capsules are the shit! Loaded up 4 of them on an adventure last night with the dogs. What a nice system they have worked out with these little buggers. Again, a very consistent experience which I like. I made the mistake of dumping the first one in my hand, fuck they're hot! My trick now is to dump them on the sidewalk for a few seconds to cool them down so I don't have to let the device cool down while still vaping.

simplywonderful

I'm doing a burn off of the Mighty right now and man does this thing stink! I should have done it earlier, I'm all prepped for a late night walk with the dogs and it's holding me up haha.

@simplywonderful
Vape Critic has quit weed. He posted a 30~ minute video a yesterday (or the day before) going over it. In short he doesn't like how it's making him feel lately and he feels Ghost has killed his reputation. I hope he comes back someday, I really liked his review style.II wish him all the best either way.

How many did you done ? I have done like full battery when I first got my mighty and still felt it lol and after loading it up once it was gone :D Hopefully we didnt inhale no plastic shit.

Where is that vid? just wanted to watch it but I did not find it, I quitted too, what a coincidence , but from different reason, bud I was able to score around here was pure redgie but that was not it, motherfuckers laced my shit, I felt very bad and my kidneys were hurting so much. Dark shit in this meth country, hopefully I will move soon, or if not I would sacrifice not vaping anything, in the end Yoga and meditation and wimhof method / different breathing techniques, get me quite quite trippy :D But afterall, when I stopped vaping I feel like the lessons I learned are profound and were just there waiting for me for integration, like you need to stop and reap the benefits which will make you a better person (it made me realize different stuff, and I dont consider it or any other substance being good in terms of :let me smoke this to escape this pain) (I consider weed as spiritual tool first time smoking back in the day when I was able to source quality, I was literelly trippin first 10-20 times smoking, I dont believe people should hang around people those first times smoking its bad influence for me, specially if their friends are jelaous fucks who will blow their high and fuck with them) I believe the paranoia and munchies are quite learned programs from other fucks who got it, something like a virus , I remember my friends telling me how they need to go home because there is food, after 30 mins, then I was there somewhere hidden around my block, paranoid that someone would see that Im trippin :D that was long time ago good old times still, many lessons learned :) Will watch why vape critic stopped, but I already think it would be similar, medicine shows you when the lesson should be integrated :)

simplywonderful,

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Dosing capsules are the shit! Loaded up 4 of them on an adventure last night with the dogs. What a nice system they have worked out with these little buggers. Again, a very consistent experience which I like. I made the mistake of dumping the first one in my hand, fuck they're hot! My trick now is to dump them on the sidewalk for a few seconds to cool them down so I don't have to let the device cool down while still vaping.

I've got three of the little metal inexpensive S-B dosing cap caddies, each of which holds four caps: One is caps filled with sativa, second is caps filled with indica, and third is empty. I dump the hot used caps directly into the third caddie. I've got a little marker on one to indicate that it is sativas and same with the depleted cap caddie.

grogazola

Is there a video showing how to change the o-ring/seal ring on the actually body of the Mighty?

I’m referring to the o-ring on the unit (not on the CU) around the bowl.

I have grubby paws instead of hands, is there a tool (like the orange poker) that could help me replace that o-ring?

Thanks!

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755

I carry a small container to dump my caps in for hot swapping, something like an old Altoids tin or a keychain pill holder works great.

images

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Do you mind sharing how many bowls a day you vape? Thanks
It really depends on the day, to be honest. I would say about four to five partially filled capsules (smaller doses). So I'm not a heavy user.

I'm careful when I twist the CU onto the unit not to over-exert to prevent any plastic breakage. I don't use it through water very often so it isn't in an upside-down position when used with added stress on the top of the unit. Hope that makes sense.

I also don't travel with it very often so it stays at home for the most part. And I keep it clean.

Not that you have to use it like I do, of course. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom