The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Received my Puffitup 14mm glass WPA for the Mighty, the hard plastic version.

CURIOUS, mine is 2 separate pieces, the black plastic shell, and the glass piece with screen, that goes inside the shell. I thought looking at the photos, it was ONE piece something bonded together. Looking closely at mine, they are no tabs or any apparent way to mate them together. I’m sure it will function properly, though I will have to be more careful when removing it from the Mighty, which I am waiting for......

jpdnkstr

Received my Puffitup 14mm glass WPA for the Mighty, the hard plastic version.

CURIOUS, mine is 2 separate pieces, the black plastic shell, and the glass piece with screen, that goes inside the shell. I thought looking at the photos, it was ONE piece something bonded together. Looking closely at mine, they are no tabs or any apparent way to mate them together. I’m sure it will function properly, though I will have to be more careful when removing it from the Mighty, which I am waiting for......
My universal wpa from piu is 2 pieces as well, I cannot comment on the function I have not used it yet

Socks And Sandals

The ol' hot swap.

@Socks And Sandals, you'll still have the warranty. If S&B thinks your unit is not up to spec. they'll replace it.
Except for Oakland office being closed, it's usually a pretty quick turnaround.

Yeah I know, after reading their faq, it may need to go back to Germany. Speaking of S&B, I've been waiting 10 days for them to ship my dosing capsules! They must really be behind. S&B was really good about the repair to my Plenty back in 16. Very quick turn around but who knows how long it would take now.

Anyhow man, the temp basically will stay between 380F and 387F when set to 383F.. it's just that when I take a long 12 second draw I look down sometimes and it's showing basically in the 360's. I thought this was normal since taking a long draw would naturally drop the temperature in the oven? I'm going to keep using it and paying close attention to what's happening and document it. I just want to be sure this is a problem first.

Does the temp drop 15 to 20 degrees for anyone else here is what I'd love to know.

Socks And Sandals,
Reactions: vapviking

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
I've noticed the temp drop while hitting but never worried too much about it since it recovers quickly. But for the sake of science, I just vaped a cap and specifically tried to get my temp to drop.

I vape at 410*F max temp, ambient kitchen temp is 68*, fully charged batteries, homegrown organic flowers. Big, hard hits towards the end of the cap I got the temp to drop 17* once, 16* twice and 15* a couple times. My average drop was less than 10*. I'm pretty sure I've seen a 20* drop with mine on occasion but I couldn't do it today. Maybe when the batteries are lower or ambient temps are cooler or different flowers or other combinations?

bigmouth

Is there a video showing how to change the o-ring/seal ring on the actually body of the Mighty?

I’m referring to the o-ring on the unit (not on the CU) around the bowl.

I have grubby paws instead of hands, is there a tool (like the orange poker) that could help me replace that o-ring?

Thanks!
It's pretty tough to get out. I used a toothpick to do it once but never bothered again.
Maybe when the batteries are lower
I've definitely noticed the temperature drops more and recovers more slowly when the battery is low.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Hi! My Mighty's display in one moment turned very dark, barely can see anything on it, those digits seems so bleak and twitchy. I guess best I can try is to start RMA (my Mighty turned 1 year old last week). Is it legit reason to act so? Thanks in advance guys and gyals!

I'm getting ready to send mine in also, it's 9 months old and the screen is going out. Battery has taken a noticeable dive too.

invertedisdead,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
There is no right or wrong way to use the Mighty. There are just different ways to enjoy the vapor. Some folks like to filter the vapor through cold or hot water. Hot water seems to add back moisture to the vapor. But not all like it. It's fun to try all ways to use the Mighty and settle on the ways you like best.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
There is no right or wrong way to use the Mighty. There are just different ways to enjoy the vapor. Some folks like to filter the vapor through cold or hot water. Hot water seems to add back moisture to the vapor. But not all like it. It's fun to try all ways to use the Mighty and settle on the ways you like best.

The question was regarding the difference between the two types of adapters, not the benefit of water use or not.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: BigJr48

simplywonderful

I'm doing a burn off of the Mighty right now and man does this thing stink! I should have done it earlier, I'm all prepped for a late night walk with the dogs and it's holding me up haha.

@simplywonderful
Vape Critic has quit weed. He posted a 30~ minute video a yesterday (or the day before) going over it. In short he doesn't like how it's making him feel lately and he feels Ghost has killed his reputation. I hope he comes back someday, I really liked his review style.II wish him all the best either way.
weird I thought I replied to this message already. I was looking for that vape critics vid but havent found it anywhere.
I have done multiple burnouts, like a full charge burnout and it helped. Im wondering now if the whole medical device thing is not just a paid off certificate, the plastic + the aluminum on the mighty does not sounds good for a health, not mentioning the aluminum particles from volcano hybrid. I hope they will improve that.
I really liked his videos too , I could tell how the the certains vape hits him because I could see that in his eyes :D :D that helped me to choose the right one :) btw did storz and bickel updated the chamber and heating element to stainless steel?
Hi guys!
I want to share with you a small project I'm working on these days.
These are only prototypes but I hope you will like them.

Let me know what you think, if there were the possibility it would be nice to create something together. I love this fantastic device like you and I would like to create things to make it even more enjoyable.

Greetings from Sicily!

I'm doing a burn off of the Mighty right now and man does this thing stink! I should have done it earlier, I'm all prepped for a late night walk with the dogs and it's holding me up haha.

@simplywonderful
Vape Critic has quit weed. He posted a 30~ minute video a yesterday (or the day before) going over it. In short he doesn't like how it's making him feel lately and he feels Ghost has killed his reputation. I hope he comes back someday, I really liked his review style.II wish him all the best either way.

I just overlooked your post, this is my dream coming true I always though wooden or stainless steel/titanium mighty would be amazing. Does it fits the internals? how did you get the measurements the right way? molding?
I would also like to know how such a frame would cost :) What wood is it made off? My mighty clogged when I used reclaim for vaping. If the whole case would not be cracked and possible to open I would not be able to clean it I basically took off the middle black casing off and kind of bent the heating element to other side and with a pin I was able to clean the air intake hole.
I know that on vapecritic forums it was shown totally exposed heating element, I would love to know how to take the plastic off of it.

Socks And Sandals

I've noticed the temp drop while hitting but never worried too much about it since it recovers quickly. But for the sake of science, I just vaped a cap and specifically tried to get my temp to drop.

I vape at 410*F max temp, ambient kitchen temp is 68*, fully charged batteries, homegrown organic flowers. Big, hard hits towards the end of the cap I got the temp to drop 17* once, 16* twice and 15* a couple times. My average drop was less than 10*. I'm pretty sure I've seen a 20* drop with mine on occasion but I couldn't do it today. Maybe when the batteries are lower or ambient temps are cooler or different flowers or other combinations?

Thanks for the needed input Moses! I'm seeing a 15 to 20 temperature drop nearly all the time. And you're right, I noticed it slower to recover when I have 3 bars of battery or less.

Hi! My Mighty's display in one moment turned very dark, barely can see anything on it, those digits seems so bleak and twitchy. I guess best I can try is to start RMA (my Mighty turned 1 year old last week). Is it legit reason to act so? Thanks in advance guys and gyals!

Another thing I forgot to mention was that my screen on my PIU Mighty has a nasty fingerprint right behind the screen and it really is bugging my OCD. If this temperature continues to drop and becomes a problem I may just bite the bullet on an RMA as well.

They have to be or just aren't shipping orders right now... I ordered some supplies for my Volcano on April 10th which still haven't shipped.

Wow man, your order was 10 days before mine on 4/20.. damn man.. Thanks for the heads up on the long wait!

Socks And Sandals,
Reactions: BigJr48

simplywonderful

1. Higher maximum temperature of at least 220C
2. Non-proprietary charging option (i.e. USB)
3. Different setup for attaching the CU so plastic parts don't break
4. Smaller form factor

...I could go on.

I guess I don't 'need' these features and can probably 'live without' them, but it would make the Mighty experience better IMO. There is always room for improvement. :)
some kind of air filter or airpath so it would be easily cleanable and never clogged

SquirrelMaster

@Moses Baca
Thanks for the picture, you reminded me I had some of those containers stashed away which will work prefectly!

@simplywonderful
I thought I replied to you as well but I must have had something typed up and didn't send it either :lol:. I did at least 20 minutes of burn off and although I could still smell "something" when I was finished it wasn't quite the same smell and I could not pick up a hint of tainted flavour.

The video doesn't seem to be available anymore. I can't find the thread on VL and nothing comes up on his YouTube channel. Hopefully some time off is all he needs if he's going to come back. If he takes a step back I'm sure he'll see how many people he's helped over the years regardless of one of those companies going belly up.

@Socks And Sandals
My brand new Mighty doesn't fluctuate more than a couple degrees Celsius when I'm using it. Even with a long draw I didn't it kept up. I don't recall what the battery level was at that point. 15-20 degrees Fahrenheit sounds like a lot. Contact PIU like Moses Baca said and maybe they can help you out instead of shipping it to S&B.

Momor

I bought a Mighty for 420 and i'm very happy with my purchase.
It's extremly easy to use and consistent. No matter how you hit it, it produces clouds.
I pack it full and tight and the loading tool is really handy for that. I'l only use the capsules if i plan to use it ourdoor.
I don't care about the heat up time, i only use it when i'm chilling and have time. I vape a bowl in around 10 minutes with lot of puffs. If i want a quick hit or "microdosing" i use my on demand vapes.
Draw resistance is good for me and stay the same no matter how you pack your bowl IMO, so that's a good point.
I was pleasantly surprised by how thorough it extracts although maxing at 210°C. I tried to use my AVB in my TinyMight at max temp and i got olmost nothing out of it but darker ABV.
The taste is good despite all the plastic, especially at the beginning of the session the it fades and vapor bacomes quite arch for me, at least it makes me easily coughing (not to the point it really bother me tough). For now i start my sesh at 188°C then boost (nice feature BTW) to 210°C to finish.
Only used the glass MP i bought with it so far (also got the stand and caps holder keychain).
Cheers guys

disGRUNTled

Vaping some Member berry taste just like grape Bubble Yum.The Mighty is a true and tried OG vape , one flavorful bowl in and I am high AF.
4e5efdc5-03d7-4b57-a6af-c53cdba7fedd.jpg

ac0e9aa2-4491-4b9e-8a76-66bcb0a898f2.jpg

59321e60-0fed-4445-b167-55ce0760a817.jpg

Green Kiwi

I'm getting ready to send mine in also, it's 9 months old and the screen is going out. Battery has taken a noticeable dive too.
This happend to me too, I couldn't read the screen anymore.
since the I had the vape already 3 years, I decided to open her en see what I could possibly fix.:sherlock:
it turned out the screen was easy to pry off the print, and since I have a few old mightys ,I simple took one out of an old one (unusable, housing.....sigh:rant:)and placed it back on the print.
while I was in there I also replaced the batteries with some old L.G. ones I had laying around.
end result is a "Mighty Happy"vaporiser with working screen again and a lot quicker heat time again.
now1.06 minute were before the operation it was 2.35....
I do believe actually that the housing from the 20%+ models is indeed more robust.
I use mine everyday all day, and do around 10 bowls trough water and maybe two bowls dry a day.
and this one seems to hold up, hasn't become brittle yet:tup:.

never the less:can't wait for a new version of our Mighty machine:drool:

Green Kiwi

The @delta3dstudio wpa sits on top of the bowl same as the Mighty's cooling unit keeping the flower in the bowl compared to the 2 piece glass wpa the flower falls into the wpa resulting in less heat and vapor extraction.
absolutely agreed on that one. also les(useless)space to fill, means les flower tossed away per bowl.
my consumption for instance was 1/3 less since the delta 3 adaptor.(and the housing doesn't get stressed with this one):nod:

Top Bottom