The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Did anyone else who just ordered a Mighty in the S&B sale have their shipment from Germany delayed by customs?

Sorry to hear that's why I went with puffitup....hope you get it soon....
Hey, wait a minute.
@bigmouth what country are you in?
Is S&B shipping US orders from Germany currently? I knew the 'offices' in US were closed, but assumed that meant a warehouse shipping facility might stay open in US.

bigmouth

Hey, wait a minute.
Is S&B shipping US orders from Germany currently? I knew the 'offices' in US were closed, but assumed that meant a warehouse shipping facility might stay open in US.
U.S. I figured it would just ship from Oakland, too, but apparently not.

UPDATE: Looks like it cleared customs and should be delivered tomorrow. Fingers crossed...

Last edited:

Djsleepy

Hey, wait a minute.

I was told prior to 4/20 that s and b we’re only drop shipping from Germany no processing in US due to lockdown, sucks too cause i.forgot I ordered.two more filling aids:bang:

Last edited:

bigmouth

I'm in with a new Mighty from PUI! Can't wait to be part of the S&B portable fam.
I think you'll be very pleased. This new Mighty is replacing one I've had for 5 years(!) that still runs fine except the battery doesn't hold much of a charge anymore. And it's only in the last year or so that the battery degraded to the point I felt like I needed to replace the device.

PS: Just got an update. Out for delivery!

Michel

Nice to know there are Mightys out there getting older than 1-2 years. I had 5 in 5 Years.

Do you mind telling us how much you vape and if you have other vapes in rotation?

Do you fill the chamber more loosely for a quick convection like session with 3-4 deep draws or do you compress the material and keep vaping like 10-15 minutes with draw after draw?

thank you, I’m asking because my 5th Mighty is breaking apart just out of warranty and I’m hesitant to buy a new one...

bigmouth

Nice to know there are Mightys out there getting older than 1-2 years. I had 5 in 5 Years.

Do you mind telling us how much you vape and if you have other vapes in rotation?

Do you fill the chamber more loosely for a quick convection like session with 3-4 deep draws or do you compress the material and keep vaping like 10-15 minutes with draw after draw?

thank you, I’m asking because my 5th Mighty is breaking apart just out of warranty and I’m hesitant to buy a new one...
Daily, usually more than once a day. I also own MiniVap and Vapexhale but the only other vape I use anymore is my Crafty. My packing level varies but I would guesstimate my typical session is somewhere between the poles you described.

When you say "breaking apart," what exactly is happening? I've had some plastic chip here and there over the years, but nothing that affected usability.

Also, I assume you've tried contacting S&B? When my Crafty died out of warranty, they gave me a big discount on a new one. I thought about doing the same thing with the Mighty but decided instead to support the company during this difficult time.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are

I have three Mightys. First was bought in June 2015, second in December 2015. Both still work great but as mentioned the batteries don’t hold as much of a charge....otherwise performance is still awesome.

I used them both like crazy....90% of my vaping is with Mightys. Provably did three-four sessions in them per day. (Big, densely packed, loooong sessions....)

SquirrelMaster

I have three Mightys. First was bought in June 2015, second in December 2015. Both still work great but as mentioned the batteries don’t hold as much of a charge....otherwise performance is still awesome.

I used them both like crazy....90% of my vaping is with Mightys. Provably did three-four sessions in them per day. (Big, densely packed, loooong sessions....)

Have you considered replacing the batteries in your old units? I haven't dug into the replacement process but if they're out of warranty and you're handy with a screwdriver (and more?) it would probably be worth a shot.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Have you considered replacing the batteries in your old units? I haven't dug into the replacement process but if they're out of warranty and you're handy with a screwdriver (and more?) it would probably be worth a shot.
I have not. Didn’t know it was something I could do. I’m, like, remedially handy with a screwdriver at best. :lol:

Michel

When you say "breaking apart," what exactly is happening? I've had some plastic chip here and there over the years, but nothing that affected usability.

The housing is slowly chipping apart to the point where the Cooling Unit can’t make an airtight seal to the body anymore. I had the same issue on some of my Craftys, too.

I contacted S&B, they offered me 250.- € for a new one...

Wow, how come? Those have a great reputation :o

I own a Minivap and owned a Volcano. Mostly using the Mighty, too.

Michel

Easiness of use. The mighty is loaded and ready to go in just 1-2 minutes. The MV is less convenient when not always vaping at the same place like a desk or a table. The mighty fits in nearly any (men’s) pocket. Cooling unit isn’t available for MV. In total just more parts to handle with the MV than with the Mighty. I should love the MV more than the Mighty. But the mighty is so easy, quick and reproducible in its performance...

The mighty is just my bad habit I can’t get over. Like so often in Life, I know I could do better. But it’s just so fuckin comfortable where I’m at... and probably not worth the effort to put the MV out for a 5% better performance.

SquirrelMaster

I have not. Didn’t know it was something I could do. I’m, like, remedially handy with a screwdriver at best. :lol:

So they're a little bit more involved then I thought, mostly because of the soldered on wires. Here's the thread talking about battery replacement http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/custom-crafty-battery-packs-for-easy-replacement.26243/ and @JCat, the man behind the replacement packs, said he's sold them to Mighty owners who have changed them successfully. Here is a link to a Mighty being opened up but I haven't watched the entire thing yet.

blackstone

OK so I got some S&B parts and on the bottom right they all specify which model the parts are for.
Check out what it says the new 2.4 Amp 5 Volt USB charger is for...

20200422-175456.jpg

If you can't see the image it says it's for Crafty+ and Mighty+ !
And it shows the same shape icon as a regular Mighty.
There was no lead supplied with the charger. So would this mean a Mighty+ could use this supply via USB-C?, and would it be able to charge two cells in under 3 hours?
It said on the website this charger is 12 Watts, so that probably rules out the possibility of using the adapter to heat the vape?

Looks like there's something in the pipeline alright. I already have some money away for this!

SquirrelMaster

OK so I got some S&B parts and on the bottom right they all specify which model the parts are for.

20200422-175456.jpg

There was no lead supplied with the charger. So would this mean a Mighty+ could use this supply via USB-C?, and would it be able to charge two cells in under 3 hours?
It said on the website this charger is 12 Watts, so that probably rules out the possibility of using the adapter to heat the vape?

Looks like there's something in the pipeline alright. I already have some money away for this!
Well that is interesting. I think you're on to something if there's no way that can be used on the regular mighty.

No mention of it working on the Mighty from the store description either https://www.storz-bickel.com/en-us/usb-charger

Now you're making me question cancelling my order my order that still hasn't shipped yet. Frick lol, I'm to indecisive sometimes.

Edit: TheMighty charger outputs at 12V @3.0A, so 36 watts. This charger is listed as 5V, 12W which would be 2.4A output. That doesn't seem like enough for the Mighty (especially for pass through charging) when the MV1 took hours to charge unless you had the fast charger which output a higher voltage. But then I though of the Solo 2 which again is proprietary and uses a 12V/1A charger and has pass through charging. That's a 12W charger and it does it fine so why wouldn't a usb-c charger work when it gets there the same way just a different path with a lower voltage but higher current.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Super exciting!
Idk enough about the power thing, except that og Mighty has a solid system as-is. I have, over the years, used the pass-through quite a bit. Have not tracked it in a long while, but I don't think it takes more than 2 hrs to charge(?)

I can see how efficiency improvements might help heat-up times and run time, but idk if such revisions could make it charge any faster. And usb-c is still foreign language for me!

Nevertheless, super exciting, just as a lot of us have Mighty's that are quite old, as appliances go.

simplywonderful

so Champs, please share, who got a nice 420 sale deal on this beast? please post prices :) and have a wonderful day!
about the mighty + hope it will be not as dissapointment as the crafty

The housing is slowly chipping apart to the point where the Cooling Unit can’t make an airtight seal to the body anymore. I had the same issue on some of my Craftys, too.

I contacted S&B, they offered me 250.- € for a new one...

I own a Minivap and owned a Volcano. Mostly using the Mighty, too.

Mine lasted about 3-5months on average, the fins, always started to crack and then chip away, I think it was because of the high heat, once my mighty was clogged. I was vaping about 5 -10 times a day because its only possible to get this shwag 30minute buzz redgie kind of shit around here. Thats the reason why I did RMA on my last one and why Im rselling it

Last edited by a moderator:

Vital

20200422-175456.jpg

Mighty good blackstone! :rofl:

bigmouth

Damn the battery life on the new Mighty is INSANE

BTW, for anyone interested, here's what the area around the filling chamber looks like on my 5-year old Mighty

X8vG5n1X2qMVvA9IOwuOp2pAzVj-47a62mHFSf5La4bs6KSKRACnS9IE2nM9tXzd3l_HO7Mae5bz8HCkYtj8dze7Q2Si3jkOQt2dnDk_81d7T4QxXv-g0-z1vvHVJmvOC8xPbM8u9w0i-BvUte7ztMfDmNxccgt7DsZ1pMRp74H8fD7ucV-W5tPkSdR2arvL9ik0APA__oTzKYBKU6RulFZCFG44LzKrwND34PmnGHbo_7Z90IYC-25gTi4iZqI8cXjWrPFlhRJtJWWZxhekt-M_3Bhf54LWB5VOnRcLizILZg2ILdpcsK6wqta1TqRSC6wZdUb177Lvsg3QM6rIKvQFD0APv2CntrnOCjx9TekpkfGyfyru_81_bROtsinD43OZBZ2Om3Le0TS8oJTXfIoE7udKH4hj6tAnGCrDMIBNEpwX7UHkE5x_UnFSlsHLz3uQobC8P8-Lou95J009R04k-UsULB1TK0kP3AGwtqluwB8-A3X54XylGn287N-QnYlRrQ3Nt5y2jr68tYil-OHbetp_MzEEw3FE3cGKO0dIjBsrkzSc5DnzNNTh3_0399ARbMuuxo02TLoi-NTqvKTDvydPtvW-0DhQLTHoIC31VoJi2G38U85M3BcHHz9-0bGkRrxQKYKJoMIVte8G5qP3dYkzcnnj6HMJ9dQi8q0zHS4guaTH_haTdjI0DQ=w1205-h904-no

Looking it over, there's really not much evidence of wear except the label is now nearly illegible

reCicU0FsrptC_ELO2p2s6-7Gx2MRrZDoRlVB3FeMufCEkGs2ddhf3JDvFk2D9Sw9p6d4qSu4xz-KzbygPv8dS4u4zz26g63FWlXpUJuaM4YsG52eYKumDy4j_oNOgEFW9k_kMA7exHHxnOcgo9ZmXfClgvL2bPfEZfhqYnyO-I0W0P6SrkkoWhCQ4Ta5hfts1yZtyXeiGbdF_v9CG9xak45LZ4PZF42hPdOSM_59HXW-zhleymfK8by4xz52Uwn4i7Jfeyhf5H0TyiUkhz8avJsZMz1vQPbZB8rvyaHRaslVaef4B1qrf_8NLbp1kRdutDZBP8SlKLU9CttEHu_GSGDay2jzknv2HghnefpjCin83AF1uayvzReK0ZQiL_zrC3e0VTSiGGzmGgWz1UJ33PafE_tbpd_VLVVFC3QOiq_j-PN49jwkzARNFC4CoRfYow9_06FFIU231M3FZ1BHENyb6J5DMTPZCRNzhdeWvMdX4lsgAPkZS_2blKeZLVEVpjk75BX5gb72d597RAhvR1_astX27nEYaluyRiQevrjUym7sIled6AWQrkkDY9h0EyMfpM-puVWe9SVqfHngr0mirG9Yn6gTf6JprJy5kMw5UvDUbwG_AtnM0NqlPf7X3t0txDJrDyk5ubx66ZAhs9gT6_lZxXlewL1GyWKj4Bbm7VWBvf46r0cRVfH7w=w1205-h904-no

bigmouth,
Reactions: dimmusp
Top Bottom