The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

blackstone

@blackstone
Would you mind taking a picture of the actual charging plug specifically the sticker with all the specifications listed?

There's not much on it besides those specs but no problem here is a pic!
20200425-161932.jpg

And it has a USB socket on the bottom.
The Edac name looks very familiar to me either from the Mighty plug or some other stuff. It does say Medical Adapter didn't see that till you asked! So the current must be healthy and good for you lol
Even though there has been no mention of Mighty Medic+ yet.
It charges up my Crafty+ faster than my 2 Amp charger, though I didn't try time it from completely dead yet.

Also I have found when you Google "Mighty+" now, it shows a sort of page marker for Crafty, Crafty+,Mighty+ and it shows a picture of this adapter again. But the link just brings me to the homepage so far?
Screenshot-2020-04-25-16-55-05.png

I wondered why regular Mighty isn't part of that page title, but it must be because this charger will only work on those three models listed.

Djsleepy

How do.you know.you.have a Mighty + ? I recently got.mine and.would.like to know tia.....

Djsleepy,

PaperClouds

Who knew Atmos made a universal mouth piece adapter for the Mighty?

39-D12541-4-FE1-466-D-A87-E-7-CE5528-E7-EDE.jpg

It’s the mouthpiece from the Atmos Jr and it enables the use of any 18mm stem, Arizer Air/Solo stems, Arizer EQ elbow joints and whip mouthpieces, Imp stems, Dynavaps fit snuggly inside, it works well with the Delta3d Universal WPA and I’m sure it would work with Tinymight and Nomad stems as well. There’s probably some I’m forgetting too. Anyway this is my second day with the Mighty and I really love it.

I’ve found that 14mm basket screens work pretty well inside of the dosing pods as means of micro-dosing as well.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
How do.you know.you.have a Mighty + ? I recently got.mine and.would.like to know tia.....

Might say “+” on the box it came in, though from reading the most recent posts, it’s speculation at this point.

I think I can guarantee a newer version will be coming out!
How do I know?

Because I just placed an order for a Mighty, once I get it, look for a release on a new model.

My current vape lineup is heavy on “convection” devices. While I realize the Mighty is considered a hybrid, it is also conduction. My only conduction device is over 10 years old. Anyone remember the Butane powered Iolite/I-Inhale vaporizer? It still sucks, and wasn’t cheap either, but it was one of the first portables.

While I’m not crazy about the form factor of the Mighty, and non replaceable 18650 batteries, it still gets rave reviews in this category. And while I sold my Volcano, I like the quality of most S&B products.

PaperClouds

Might say “+” on the box it came in, though from reading the most recent posts, it’s speculation at this point.

I think I can guarantee a newer version will be coming out!
How do I know?

Because I just placed an order for a Mighty, once I get it, look for a release on a new model.

My current vape lineup is heavy on “convection” devices. While I realize the Mighty is considered a hybrid, it is also conduction. My only conduction device is over 10 years old. Anyone remember the Butane powered Iolite/I-Inhale vaporizer? It still sucks, and wasn’t cheap either, but it was one of the first portables.

While I’m not crazy about the form factor of the Mighty, and non replaceable 18650 batteries, it still gets rave reviews in this category. And while I sold my Volcano, I like the quality of most S&B products.

I LOVED my iolite back in the day. It was my first vape a decade ago. There was a few tricks that you could get it to produce pretty decent vapor but it was finicky. I went through 3 of them. I even had picture of one in my old signature on here years ago. Ahh the memories.

simplywonderful

I hope SB will take in mind the stainless steel or some kind of ceramic zirconia or even better materials for chamber, I mean I dont trust even cooking in aluminum( I swear to got that teflon pan got lighter and lighter after months of use and it was not a cheap piece, what I mean by that, when I noticed I realized that I went somehow kind of retarded, forgetting a lot, problems with thinking and formulating words, Im so grateful that I stopped using that shit my cognition and awareness literally got back after cleaning by body from this shit) Maybe thats why I always got the extra kick when I was combusting gravity bongs and gross can pipes.
I dont mind non swapable batteries, but, they should be way way way better if I should not mind that they are built in. I think most of the people would preffer a nice mechanical functioning device. More like a tank build instead of getting dumb ass features like app and shit like that. That would be worth it in desktop.
Man if that device chamber and airpath would be removable, that would makes things way easier for clogging issues ( I was vaping like this for almost a year, sucking the soul of my mighty, then I realized it was clogged with dust in the area where the air gets in right above the display)

The most rewarding thing for mighty owners would be 3d model or mold of the casing so we would be able to repair our devices by swaping the case for a new one 3d printed from peek old molded.
Anyone thinks its caused by thermal issues,?

simplywonderful,
Reactions: tdriver

Vital

I know this is OT, but I couldn't resist replying to PaperClouds post.

I LOVED my iolite back in the day. It was my first vape a decade ago. There was a few tricks that you could get it to produce pretty decent vapor but it was finicky. I went through 3 of them. I even had picture of one in my old signature on here years ago. Ahh the memories.

I still have an Iolite that's in mint condition, a spare unopened mouthpiece/bowl, and a pack of unopened screens, and the tri-pointed vapor optimiser https://www.iolite.com/product/vapor-optimiser/. My main complaints about the Iolite...the unit gets very hot in your hand, and they're loud when the heater's on. They were AMAZING in their day, and the taste was excellent. Mine always lights on the first or second click. Anyone that was vaping 10 years ago remembers how incredible it was to have a portable vaporizer that fit in your pocket. Last time I used it was when we were without electricity for several days due to extremely bad weather. :lol:

Chemdog

Who knew Atmos made a universal mouth piece adapter for the Mighty?

39-D12541-4-FE1-466-D-A87-E-7-CE5528-E7-EDE.jpg

It’s the mouthpiece from the Atmos Jr and it enables the use of any 18mm stem, Arizer Air/Solo stems, Arizer EQ elbow joints and whip mouthpieces, Imp stems, Dynavaps fit snuggly inside, it works well with the Delta3d Universal WPA and I’m sure it would work with Tinymight and Nomad stems as well. There’s probably some I’m forgetting too. Anyway this is my second day with the Mighty and I really love it.

I’ve found that 14mm basket screens work pretty well inside of the dosing pods as means of micro-dosing as well.

I have an old white rhino vaporizer pen junk the local shops had years ago.
Came with the same type rubber drip tip.
I also use it on my plenty to bong set up.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I don't think the Mighty+ has actually been released yet. We saw a charger that says Crafty+ and Mighty+ on the packaging so we think it's got to be soon...
I also speculate that there will be some distinguishing change to Mighty's case design, as they did with the Crafty+ 'swoosh'.
Oh, and it sure appears the charge apparatus will definitely be different on Mighty+.

SquirrelMaster

Thanks @blackstone I thought maybe it would have a variable voltage output that wasn't advertised to incorporate quick charge or something similar.

I agree with @LesPlenty that it probably means no USB-C. I'm guessing it'll be the same as the Crafty+ with a Micro USB connection. It would be a good upgrade in that regard.

I started to think about some of the most likely upgrades and now I'm debating whether a revision will be everything its cracked up to be. Sure an increase in heat up time would be good but will that come at the sacrifice of flavour because of a more conduction weighted experience?

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Thanks @blackstone I thought maybe it would have a variable voltage output that wasn't advertised to incorporate quick charge or something similar.

I agree with @LesPlenty that it probably means no USB-C. I'm guessing it'll be the same as the Crafty+ with a Micro USB connection. It would be a good upgrade in that regard.

I started to think about some of the most likely upgrades and now I'm debating whether a revision will be everything its cracked up to be. Sure an increase in heat up time would be good but will that come at the sacrifice of flavour because of a more conduction weighted experience?

Good points, makes me feel a little better about ordering the current one last week. Though I think you meant “DECREASE in heat up time”. Certainly, a micro USB would make it more compatible with what I assume would be at least 2 amp or better USB chargers, like the 2.1 amp iPad charger, since the current version has (2) 18650’s. Doubt they will go to replaceable batteries. Perhaps a lipo pack to save space and reduce size, but I assume they don’t want to make it much smaller, or it could effect the Crafty sales. I didn’t realize S&B was bought out by a Canadian company a year ago, funny the things can learn on the information super HIGHway....

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I would be sorry to lose the Mighty-as-plugin aspect afforded by the 12v system it uses.
I see it as an effort to keep costs down and keep Mighty+ in line with og pricing (or simply to increase margins, with the new corporate mouth to feed) as happened with Crafty+. Will probably drop most of the 'included-in-box' accessories as well...
Still, it's an exciting prospect after all these Mighty years.

Vape_Or_Die420

If it charges with the same cord as the Crafty+, which takes 2 full hours to charge, won't the Mighty+ take 4 hours since it has double the batteries?

Vape_Or_Die420,
Reactions: blackstone

SquirrelMaster

@RustyOldNail
:doh: Yes I meant decrease. Stoned moment :lol:. Don't feel bad for buying, this upgrade could be worse (in some ways) and if you scored a good deal I don't see a + dropping in price anytime soon.

I'm still torn on whether to keep or return mine. It still hasn't shipped or hasn't been marked as shipped. Not sure what's going on.

If a simple upgrade is all we see I hope it means they have bigger plans for the future of vaping. S&B could release an on-demand portable and it would be like the second coming of Christ. Removable batteries, usb-c, and a more durable case (in addition to the suspected upgrades) and they would be the talk of the town. Granted to the uninformed customer there is currently no other option if you want "the king" of portables. They were the pioneers of vaping for many years and have the brand recognition to take the industry by storm once again.

It makes me think of when Apple releases a "new" feature that other phones have had for years but because its Apple and because they typically do things well, its a big deal. S&B has that power.

@Vape_Or_Die420
I'm no engineer but if the Solo 2 can charge in 2.5~ hours (12V - 1A=12W) then a Mighty+with this new charger (5V - 2.4A =12W) should be able to do the same I would think.

jbm

@RustyOldNail
:doh: Yes I meant decrease. Stoned moment :lol:. Don't feel bad for buying, this upgrade could be worse (in some ways) and if you scored a good deal I don't see a + dropping in price anytime soon.

I'm still torn on whether to keep or return mine. It still hasn't shipped or hasn't been marked as shipped. Not sure what's going on.

If a simple upgrade is all we see I hope it means they have bigger plans for the future of vaping. S&B could release an on-demand portable and it would be like the second coming of Christ. Removable batteries, usb-c, and a more durable case (in addition to the suspected upgrades) and they would be the talk of the town. Granted to the uninformed customer there is currently no other option if you want "the king" of portables. They were the pioneers of vaping for many years and have the brand recognition to take the industry by storm once again.

It makes me think of when Apple releases a "new" feature that other phones have had for years but because its Apple and because they typically do things well, its a big deal. S&B has that power.

@Vape_Or_Die420
I'm no engineer but if the Solo 2 can charge in 2.5~ hours (12V - 1A=12W) then a Mighty+with this new charger (5V - 2.4A =12W) should be able to do the same I would think.
This. In some ways it makes no sense to introduce anything big right now; they can make an incremental upgrade at what is probably not much cost and continue to sell tons of units. Plus you can save by breaking out the tools that used to be included for additional purchases.

Vape_Or_Die420

@RustyOldNail

@Vape_Or_Die420
Maybe. 100% i am not qualified to talk about voltage or amps or even electricity for that matter.

All i know is the Crafty+ takes 2 full hours to charge with this same charger, at least mine does, along with other people i have discussed this with in the Crafty+ thread. So i just assume it will take twice the time to charge with the same charger.

Last edited:

ontopofclouds

Well considering that I already view the OG Mighty as being as damn close to perfect as a portable vaping experience can be and given that my faith in the new S&B since the canopy acquisition is not exactly high the most exciting thing about a Mighty+ being released is the sales we'll see on the OG Mighty for clearing out stock.

Do any of you guys have any predictions on how low you think they'll go for? If I can find a Mighty for $200 flat I'm pulling the trigger on 1 or 2 to have for if/when my current Mighty kicks the can.

blackstone

Yeah unless they keep a 12v socket too, it probably won't heat off the charger.
But if it has a few more sessions per charge than Crafty+ I could live with that, it was slightly akward plugging in just to heat.
I got a bit sad that they would probably stop making the old Mighty!
Hopefully they won't show cracks within 2-3 years by themselves anymore too if they boast of "improved housing material" with this one also.

They might use smaller cells than 18650 for the battery, and make the unit smaller? Or stick with 18650 and have lots of battery life per charge.
Wonder if they would keep the screen and buttons or change them slightly.

After using a Crafty+ the last while I would definitely expect faster heat up than old Mighty , very little draw resistance and a heater and vapor production to keep up with anybody. (The OG Mighty is already quite capable at all that so if the new one is any better it will be sweet)
And good punchy clouds with small amounts, with similar or possibly even slightly better flavor? Maybe someone will prefer the old!?

blackstone,
Reactions: BigJr48

SquirrelMaster

Maybe. 100% i am not qualified to talk about voltage or amps or even electricity for that matter.

All i know is the Crafty+ takes 2 full hours to charge with this same charger, at least mine does, along with other people i have discussed this with in the Crafty+ thread. So i just assume it will take twice the time to charge with the same charger.

4 hours would not be acceptable, I'm with you on that. My math adds up but I don't know if you can just swap volts and amps and still come out the same. I'm rusty on my battery knowledge, it's been a while. If that were the case I would think the Crafty+ would charge faster then 2 hours.

Top Bottom