The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

blackstone

Has anyone tried this new rubber/glass water adapter from Puffitup? or would it be good?
https://www.puffitup.com/Mighty-Crafty-Universal-Rubber-WPA-p/qctq.mgt-wpa_rub-uni.htm

I was surprised recently to discover that I can even vape hard hash in the mighty: squish to a thin disc, cut to little bits, then put the concentrate pad on top. with hard hash and wax, you need to vape @ 190ºC or more.

I must say I did think of your previous posts last time I had some, (hard traditional, but way stronger than years ago) as I remember you saying the temperature wasn't high enough!
It worked well for me too, I heated and crumbled it into a capsule with a little pad.
The Volcano also did it well. I got another a great pull or two from recrumbling a few loads and re vape that, you can tell there's nothing left in the remains then.

@shredder I do agree with you, but i'm happy with something because even established companies like Arizer produced the Solo 2, which isn't really "revolutionary" compared to the Solo 2. Plus the Volcano Hybrid is a pretty awesome upgrade that people have been stoked about. I just don't see any other established (or new) companies really putting forth what you're looking for. IMHO, I still think that most flower vapes in general simply suck. But as always, follow the money. I would definitely not expect anything new from S&B for a loooong time now, other than a Mighty+ "upgrade" of course. I guess i've just been in the game for so long that my expectations are in check, because it's not like anyone else is doing anything better. Look at the Herbalizer and how well that worked out.

When the last Arizer releases came out it definitely also knocked my expectations back into a more realistic place.
Same with Davinci, and Ghost, and PAX 3, and zzzzzzzz..
I decided that reliable portable vaporizers might be pretty close to as good as they'll get for a while and it could be like re-inventing the wheel.
The same type tobacco and rolling papers did me for 20 years!

I kinda share the feelings that + models are not going to cause that much of a stir after all these years and a bit of hype, and that launch ugh!, but they will probably be superb vapes to live with.
If they'll get me more baked than my Mighty and Crafty, or make my stuff go a little further it will be exciting for me.
There is maybe a possibility of a third (glass/titanium/intel processor?) S&B portable for micro doses!?

biohacker

There is maybe a possibility of a third (glass/titanium/intel processor?) S&B portable for micro doses!?

I honestly wouldn't count on it. I'm STILL waiting for a legit decent Concentrate pen since they're ALL garbage! That's the future IMO, maybe Arizer has been working on something? We'll see, but holy crap does this industry move slow. There is a huge opportunity for someone to grab at it.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755

shredder

Hopefully S&B will mow spend some money on R&D now they are owned by somebody else with deep pockets.

This might be helpful.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...nother-3-5-years-to-turn-profit-idUSKCN1V524Q

Canopy Growth needs another 3-5 years to turn profit. (Reuters) - Canopy Growth Corp (WEED.TO) said on Thursday it expects another three to five years to turn in a profit as Canada's largest cannabis company invests heavily to diversify and expand.

Canopy Growth needs another 3-5 years to turn profit. (Reuters) - Canopy Growth Corp (WEED.TO) said on Thursday it expects another three to five years to turn in a profit as Canada's largest cannabis company invests heavily to diversify and expand.
Hopefully S&B will mow spend some money on R&D now they are owned by somebody else with deep pockets.

blackstone

dirtdragon

I have 2 mighty's and really like them. When I first got them the hits were amazing, even with the capsules. Now it seems I get air being sucked in to the chamber and I get whispy clouds.

Have a dozen tops and they all seal fine. I have replaced the oring around the bowl and that does help some but still seems like I suck too much air. When I double up the screens in the top it does seem to help. Just trying to understand what is going on here. Almost like when I draw the capsule gets pulled off the bottom screen unless the extra screen in the top is pushing down on it hard enough. Anyone else run into this?

Mr. Me2

I have 2 mighty's and really like them. When I first got them the hits were amazing, even with the capsules. Now it seems I get air being sucked in to the chamber and I get whispy clouds.

Have a dozen tops and they all seal fine. I have replaced the oring around the bowl and that does help some but still seems like I suck too much air. When I double up the screens in the top it does seem to help. Just trying to understand what is going on here. Almost like when I draw the capsule gets pulled off the bottom screen unless the extra screen in the top is pushing down on it hard enough. Anyone else run into this?
Have you tried checking your cu for leaks? Try removing it from the Mighty and blocking the intake with your thumb while drawing on the mouthpiece. You should not be able to draw any air. If you can, that’s where your problem is.

Baron23

On the subject of industry leaders needing to lead and not rest on their laurels.....tbh and IME, that ONLY happens if the company has competition that it thinks will eat into its market share and so far I don't see that in the portable vape area.

As for milking a product life cycle via small incremental feature changes, I offer the Ford F-150 as a shining example. Or the VW Golf for that matter. Lots of examples.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Canopy and their part owner Constellation Brands are not funding a lot of true R&D at S&B. Canopy is still hemorrhaging $$ and as a public company this puts them under a lot of pressure.

Just an opinion....no facts, just my idle view of it.

MonkeyTime

In addition to the good advice @Mr. Me2 gave you, I'm going to suggest you check the small o-ring on the post that holds the halves together. It's the one that can get pinched when assembling the CU.

If not that, check 'em all!

dirtdragon

In addition to the good advice @Mr. Me2 gave you, I'm going to suggest you check the small o-ring on the post that holds the halves together. It's the one that can get pinched when assembling the CU.

If not that, check 'em all!

Thanks for suggestions! The CU's do not leak at all. I have replaced the oring at the top as well and that does help some. Did something change with the capsules? Again, if something is pushing down on the capsule it seems to get good clouds but it is hit or miss if the screen pushes down enough...

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Thanks for suggestions! The CU's do not leak at all. I have replaced the oring at the top as well and that does help some. Did something change with the capsules? Again, if something is pushing down on the capsule it seems to get good clouds but it is hit or miss if the screen pushes down enough...
Have you tried packing a capsule really tightly? I mean like really dense to the point where you are pushing flower into it until you cannot get another molecule in?

This is how I pack capsules. It creates a more restricted airflow and thus I get very dense vapor. :2c:

chris 71

Im a fairly new mighty owner , i know that it vibrates when a minute is up and you press the orange button so it dosent auto shut off . And i have read about a boost mode .

But there has been a couple times when it suddenly vibrates like 3 buzzes or maybe two . The couple times it did this i wondered if i had not relized that i pressed the buttom and unkowingly put it in boost ?

Or if my mighty was just freaking out lol

Does this sound right or is something maybe wrong

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Im a fairly new mighty owner , i know that it vibrates when a minute is up and you press the orange button so it dosent auto shut off . And i have read about a boost mode .

But there has been a couple times when it suddenly vibrates like 3 buzzes or maybe two . The couple times it did this i wondered if i had not relized that i pressed the buttom and unkowingly put it in boost ?

Do yourself a favor: press the temperature (+ or -) instead of the power button to prevent it from shutting off. I believe a few folks may have had issues with the power button ceasing to function with all that pressing. No doubt one of the experts here can verify (or invalidate) this advice. I followed this advice right from the beginning when I got my Mighty a couple of years ago. Read it on this thread...somewhere. lol It's a BIG thread.

Hope this helps. Happy vaping...it's a great vaporizer.

joner

Is it possible the temperature button(s) has(ve) been engaged and the thing "haptically feeds back" once temperature is achieved?

chris 71

Thnaks guys and ya maybe thats it maybe i accidentally pressed one of the temp arrows up or down and it vibrating to say its reached temp .
Because that actully makes more sence as i was pretty sure i didnt press the orange buttom . And thanks i will start using the temp set buttons instead of the power button

chris 71,
Reactions: WildChild

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Did something change with the capsules?
Try making the CU screen a little concave to push down on the top of the cap to keep it in contact with the oven floor for more conduction and heat transfer to the capsule. If that does not work, try without a cap to see if that is the problem.:tup:

But there has been a couple times when it suddenly vibrates like 3 buzzes or maybe two
You don't have to press when it vibrates after 1 minute, that is telling you it is ready. The unit will buzz once then twice before 1 large buzz as it shuts down. If you do not want it to shut down when this happens just tap any button to extend the session for another 2 minutes.
The user manual will explain it better.:myday:

blackstone

Do you think it's time to replace your capsules?
I'm just thinking when they're new they're a liitle higher, and as they change shape they squash down a bit and the lids become loose, and the top and bottom become dished inward.
Hard to imagine it being that loose or that it wouldn't make good vapor but maybe.

Unless something has broken or moved, are they still in warranty? Does it happen on both Mighty units? Ever use a WPA, what type?
Is the center post under the bottom screen intact? I've seen some wear on those from the SS screen digging in possibly while using capsules.
Maybe a photo of how high the capsule should sit would help you?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Do you think it's time to replace your capsules?
the top and bottom become dished inward.
Sit the open capsule on a flat surface and use the end of your brush to swirl around the inside of the caps to flatten them.
I only throw them once the airflow holes start breaking up.:tup:

blackstone

Sit the open capsule on a flat surface and use the end of your brush to swirl around the inside of the caps to flatten them.
I only throw them once the airflow holes start breaking up.:tup:

I tap out the dents with the brush end like that, I used to clean and prolong but I don't have an ultrasonic cleaner
so for now I replace at a rate of about 20capsules/6 bucks per year.
Recycling them inside soda cans is a good idea.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
While I find it pretty easy to load those capsules, I find it difficult to open them after use for emptying and cleaning.
Have you discovered an easy way to open the capsules?
Of course, not while hot, though it can be more difficult if a resinous capsule is allowed to cool and stick its' own lid shut; heat can help resolve that.
The capsules lids tend to get easier after some use. It's a matter of prying the lid off without deforming the aluminum capsule. Try gently in one spot and if not easy, rotate a little to try another spot. There will be a spot that's easier. You may have to push incrementally around the lid so as not to skew it and make it bind, just even all around (similar to when putting it on). With minimal practice and use it will be easy.

david8613

Of course, not while hot, though it can be more difficult if a resinous capsule is allowed to cool and stick its' own lid shut; heat can help resolve that.
The capsules lids tend to get easier after some use. It's a matter of prying the lid off without deforming the aluminum capsule. Try gently in one spot and if not easy, rotate a little to try another spot. There will be a spot that's easier. You may have to push incrementally around the lid so as not to skew it and make it bind, just even all around (similar to when putting it on). With minimal practice and use it will be easy.

This is the technique I use, use the tip of your nail, and pry it all around little by little it comes out. With a little practice it gets easier, some of my other vapes are taking a back seat because using capsules is so easy and fast. I'm pro capsules!

Top Bottom