The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Faolan

Mighty, Air1.5/Max/Go, Tinymight, Dynavap, Fury2
Bought my might almost 2? Maybe 3.. years ago. Only just did notice battery like is shorter but it still works great! Battery life isn’t too bad now. About 75% of total capacity. Love using it through water. Might upgrade to one of these new ones if it’s a noticeable improvement!

Fogoff

I often wonder at the complaints about the materials S&B used to build the Mighty....plastic and aluminum, specifically.

So, what is it that people want. Don't like the plastic enclosure, so make it out of AL and people will complain and start citing info from AL cooking pans? Make it out of SS, and everybody will bitch that their portable now weights 5 lbs.

I just find its really easy to say "oh, use better and safer materials" without fully thinking through the implications.

So, for those who don't like plastic (which is such a broad term for a HUGELY wide range of materials with their equally HUGE range of characteristics) and don't like AL, what EXACTLY would you want and where?

I like the plastic enclosure. Don't hear people bitching about it getting hot during use...like say...the IQ?

I like the plastic enclosure because its easy to mold it with the cooling fins and other mechanical features while trying to do similar with milled AL or SS would be very expensive. I often hear people want "metal" over "plastic". But clearly not all metal. I mean, you don't want a pot metal, right?

I like the plastic enclosure as it seems that the material they used is pretty impervious to solvents the like and it doesn't weigh a ton.

For those who don't like the AL in the oven...what would you want in there?

For my part, I would like to see increased max temp, owner replaceable batteries, a flat bottom so people aren't having to buy 3rd party stands, and that's kind of it.

I rather adore my Mighty...can you tell! hahaha

we on the same page, this is also why plastic basins are considered one of the most revolutionary inventions of the 19th century! they have changed the lives of many women :p

Fogoff,
Reactions: Baron23

Faolan

Mighty, Air1.5/Max/Go, Tinymight, Dynavap, Fury2
Not related to any specific vape, but does anyone’s nose get congested after vaping? It drives me crazy.. every single time lol. If anyone else has experienced this do lower temps help? Usually a high temp user as I like to fully extract. Going to try a low temp tonight. Is 375 low? Don’t think so but will be the lowest I go. Usually 410 with the mighty and 392-420 with the Argo

Baron23

https://www.vapormed.com/us/en/studies/

Second from the bottom they looked for aluminum from the valcaono air stream which uses aluminum in its heater .

Looks like its safe in the valcano according to this ?
Hi Chris - I get an error in that link that is not available in my country (USA).

But just like plastic, there is a huge array of different AL alloys with widely varying characteristics. A bit of AL in the oven doesn’t concern me a bit but I do understand that others have the prerogative to view it differently.

Not related to any specific vape, but does anyone’s nose get congested after vaping? It drives me crazy.. every single time lol. If anyone else has experienced this do lower temps help? Usually a high temp user as I like to fully extract. Going to try a low temp tonight. Is 375 low? Don’t think so but will be the lowest I go. Usually 410 with the mighty and 392-420 with the Argo
Yeah, it’s a snot storm here too. Never used to but I’m getting up there now. Personally, I find that it’s the actual contents of the vapor to be irritating more so than temp or build materials of the vape used.

Try inhaling on your vape with nothing in it. Yes, it will be hot and may be a bit uncomfortable but I bet you don’t get the mucus storm you do using MJ.

MonkeyTime

Yeah, it’s a snot storm here too. Never used to but I’m getting up there now. Personally, I find that it’s the actual contents of the vapor to be irritating more so than temp or build materials of the vape used.

Try inhaling on your vape with nothing in it. Yes, it will be hot and may be a bit uncomfortable but I bet you don’t get the mucus storm you do using MJ.

Completely agree, and also find some vaporizers affect me that way more than others. My MV makes me sneeze with some stains every time and generally tends to cause more congestion.

I'm going to start watching which vapes hit me harder, I'm wondering if it's terpine related? Could it be the ones preserving flavor pass along more possible allergens it things we could be affected by?

shredder

Lower temps help, and water helps. The mighty does a great job at low temps, like 360°F depending on the herb.
Water helps a lot as well.

This is my season for allergies, and these things work for me. And if it gets bad I use medibles.

david8613

if storz & bickle ever come out with a brand new unit, they should bring out a smaller, more discreet more stealthy unit. like the size of the davinci iq, pax or starry. this is one area I know storz & bickle would sell millions, and millions of units. just make sure its volcano, mighty, crafty, plenty quality, especially with the vapor production.

Saturn_Corp

The 4 tabs that hold the cooling unit to the top of the mighty broke on mine. I've been attaching it with duct tape for over 6 months and while it works fine it's a small pita to refill when high and looks gaudy.

Will S&B warranty it because of the tabs cracking off? Does that fall under manufacturer defect becasue many people have similar issues?

What's the USA warranty timeline like? I have a Dynavap but the Mighty is my go-to when I'm out doing sports like mountainboarding and skating. Can't light a dyna with the wind in my face.

Saturn_Corp,

MGG

My suspicion is this latest update will be for the Crafty, similar to what the Volcano Hybrid saw.
Possibly improved battery, heat up time, and some new features, but similar design.

I'd be surprised if it was a whole new portable and not an update of their current lineup.

*fingers crossed for removable battery*

Seems like I was dead on the money.
New Crafty update was just confirmed.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B4CzP55CyGw/?igshid=1edr1m1nd1rn4

Perhaps will see a brighter/smarter LED? In terms of the light flashing differently or maybe even changing colours to indicate heat up/different temps. This is pure speculation however.

If they got pass-through charging working, that'd be neat.

Last edited:

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
Thanks. I was wrongly sceptical, sorry. I just checked the picture and I can faintly see the C of the Crafty. So it seems the Crafty gets some disco lights. At least :D

Last edited:
Sick Vape,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
Hopefully, they will get a bit higher rated fuse so it does not just shit itself for no reason after a certain time, that and a swappable 18650 battery would be more welcomed news than just disco lights.:disgust:
Yes. I would love these upgrades too.

If they bring out a Crafty with the performance of the (even early) Mighty I might get one, when one of my current vapes dies. :D

Sick Vape,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
I got me a glass mouthpiece for my Mighty.
It feels lovely!

The "hole" is a bit bigger, so it has a noticeably bigger feel on the lips. And that familiar touch af glass, that is very comfortable.
It does not really change the taste of the hit, imo.
The glass mouthpiece is fixed to the cooling unit with a silicone ring/tube.
It does not really support the "swing" motion of the original mouthpiece and is better left in place. I am likely to use this at home only.

MGG

The first image says :
- new design
- faster heat up
- improved airflow

I'll add to this (all speculation) :
- I wonder if the airflow actually is improved by much or if his older crafty is just a bit gunked.
- seems a little smaller than the previous crafty
- may come with a new app
- lights appear to be more responsive and provide more feedback.
- potentially newer version of bluetooth

This appears to confirm crafty+ is being sent out to multiple influencers so we should see a lot of leaks coming forwards in the next weeks. Hopefully with some more solid info.

Top Bottom