• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

NiceInvasion

BiPolarBear

My mighty has been an absolute monster for 2 years. I got the first ones when they got the 20% battery upgrade. I use it every single day. Like kill it to zero battery at least once a day...never one problem. Over 1000 sessions for sure. I can't wait for a real new one...

biohacker

and there's been talk about an updated Mighty for the past few years

There has been, 20% increase in battery power. Not huge, but at least it's something.

Oh c'mon, the fins on one side of the plastic body are now angled for better heat dissipation, well worth the upgrade.:rofl:

Are you serious? The heater upgrade makes it comparable to the Mighty and you guys are complaining? :lol: Twice as many bowls, quicker recovery and @ohmygodimsohigh says it even vapes better than his Mighty?

IMHO if they ride these designs much longer, and at their current prices, they'll be passed in quality, innovation, and sales. Innovate or die as they say.

Yeah, good luck with that... it's been YEARS... what else is there, Arizer? Grasshopper? The Mighty is top dog for a very good reason. Innovate or die? S&B? Volcano OG has withstood the test of time for HOW LONG? :rofl:

S&B is king in this game, always has been, always probably will be.

A Mighty+ would be something else... perhaps 30s heatup, and basically forever battery life like the Solo 2.

blackstone

Did the boost feature come at the same time as the battery increase?

I think the boost and shut down vibrations came along around 2016, and the 20% more battery power was 2018 (around 4 months after the Crafty had gotten its 20% battery, so it was like Crafty upgrade - Black Friday 20% off - then Mighty upgrade).
There were other small changes before and after those too, little changes in the housing and different label materials.
And the shut off timer went from 1 minute to 2, then to 3.

The heater upgrade makes it comparable to the Mighty..............

..........Twice as many bowls, quicker recovery and @ohmygodimsohigh says it even vapes better than his Mighty?..............

................A Mighty+ would be something else... perhaps 30s heatup, and basically forever battery life like the Solo 2.

A Mighty+ might also have even more airflow than the improved flow of a Crafty+, along with 2 cells and more watts in the upgraded heater.
I think anyone disappointed at the specs on paper would have there eyes light up when they inhale or watch people on videos inhale from it!
I admit, I did expect some crazy space technology, or maybe a cool glass or metal cooling unit. But a Mighty+ like a Crafty+ is quite attractive to me, and I believe they're getting as much out of the herb as anyone can, or more.

I think I'm going to avoid instagram this time round though!
As long as they don't call the thing something related to Christmas, searching for a word with "Craft" in it threw up a load of Halloween crafts BS that time for me!

biohacker

A Mighty+ might also have even more airflow than the improved flow of a Crafty+

I just watched the modern cannabists, and even though Troy states that his units are "clean", this refers to the CU's, and not the actually airpath, which can build up with oil from backpressure (especially when used inverted), and hence eventually restrict airflow. Regardless, I always thought both S&B portables were really amazing at airflow, and more contingent on the herb pack, especially in comparison to the ultra thick milkshake airflow of the Solo's.

A Mighty+ will be good times indeed! :nod:

blackstone

I didn't see that video yet, but after some shitty times here I had so many laughs and enjoyed the last two 420VapeZone videos I watched so much, I'll have to try and thank that guy in some way!

I've seen a little reclaim at the entry port alright, and those wisps of extra heated vapor! Would be great to be able to clean it out somehow, I don't think compressed air and heat could do it fully and taking it apart without snapped tabs would have to be learned!

I often wondered if I could incorporate those Mighty Medic mouthpiece covers with a check valve, or another kind of check valve, into using with a water pipe, and if that would help keep everything out of the heater. Or if you'll always get some vapors travelling when that sort of heat is involved.

tdriver

I welcome all these upgrades, but really i am not impressed.
... I can't wait for a real new one...

i don't think they will release a "real new one"..... (did S&B ever?)
more like an increment update... like Android,(marshmellow,oreo ,pie,etc ) every newer version is almost the same with only minor changes mostly cosmetic...... i hope to see something interesting though. so far i am not impressed.

biohacker

So would you guys be more impressed with... nothing?

It may be just me, but considering it's S&B and their sales are incredible with already incredible portable devices, i'm pretty sure they don't care. Consumers will continue to throw their money at them, until a better portable exists from a flagship company. You might be waiting.... a while.

shredder

So would you guys be more impressed with... nothing?

It may be just me, but considering it's S&B and their sales are incredible with already incredible portable devices, i'm pretty sure they don't care. Consumers will continue to throw their money at them, until a better portable exists from a flagship company. You might be waiting.... a while.

To be an industry leader, you must lead. Resting on your past accomplishments is not leading.

Bleeding an old design to squeeze out every last penny of profit is not leading.

New innovative products from an established (or new) company is how to lead.

In 2014 the mighty was quite the vape. But it's 2019 now. The distance between vapes is not where it was five years ago.

And S and B is now a small arm of a large cannabis company that actually pulls the strings. Reminds me of when AMF bought Harley Davidson. How'd that work out?

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Yeah, I'm a bit torn. I usually wait for a new model to work it's bugs out before I get interested. The current Mighty is a proven winner so I know what I'm getting.

biohacker

@shredder I do agree with you, but i'm happy with something because even established companies like Arizer produced the Solo 2, which isn't really "revolutionary" compared to the Solo 2. Plus the Volcano Hybrid is a pretty awesome upgrade that people have been stoked about. I just don't see any other established (or new) companies really putting forth what you're looking for. IMHO, I still think that most flower vapes in general simply suck. But as always, follow the money. I would definitely not expect anything new from S&B for a loooong time now, other than a Mighty+ "upgrade" of course. I guess i've just been in the game for so long that my expectations are in check, because it's not like anyone else is doing anything better. Look at the Herbalizer and how well that worked out.

shredder

Yeah, I'm a bit torn. I usually wait for a new model to work it's bugs out before I get interested. The current Mighty is a proven winner so I know what I'm getting.

I totally understand. I have 2 mightys. I've been holding onto the old beat up one waiting on a new model. If the "new" model is the same as the old model with minor changes, I'll just take a pass. But if they came out with a stainless heat/air path and ditched the plastic, I'd be interested.

biohacker

After watching the last Modern Cannabists, i'm absolutely floored with how well it seemed to handle a dab experience! I never have had success like that on max temp, but I also never loaded it hot like @ohmygodimsohigh suggested. That must be key, because those dab clouds seemed to go on forever. I could barely get wisps of vapour when I attempted.

For cannaseurs/purists, does the concentrate pad leave any off flavour to the concentrate?

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
To be an industry leader, you must lead. Resting on your past accomplishments is not leading.
This is true. But....IME no portable has come close to matching the Mighty. As a device, it may have been standing still-ish, but no one is close to overtaking it.

SB have managed to make incremental, evolutionary improvements to the Mighty that have helped keep it ahead of the crowded pack of portables. I don’t think they are standing still....I think they are keenly aware that if it ain’t broke there’s no upside in trying to tinker with it.

Everyone has their Mighty improvement wish list. I guess I have mine too. But anytime I use any other device.....any other device, desktop or portable....I come back to the Mighty. This tells me, in my life anyway, the Mighty is still king. When I see anyone get anywhere near the throne, I’ll start bitching about SB’s stasis. Till then, it’s fill a capsule and enjoy....:lol::clap:

darbarikanada

For cannaseurs/purists, does the concentrate pad leave any off flavour to the concentrate?

I don't know if I qualify as a purist, but I don't detect any off flavor when I use the pad (I don't load it hot). I don't get gigantic clouds, and it takes ~15 hits to finish .04g of wax, but the flavor's great. I was surprised recently to discover that I can even vape hard hash in the mighty: squish to a thin disc, cut to little bits, then put the concentrate pad on top. with hard hash and wax, you need to vape @ 190ºC or more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom