The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
but when you put in the new water, doesn't it displace the old water?

With proper fittings, you can certainly push water through most any stem. You can also force air through to dry, via compressor etc. I do this with my bubblers.

RustyOldNail,

redshirt

Why didn't you first reach out to POTV in December when the error messages started? Or dm Jerry here?

Who is Jerry? Are they the owner of Planet of the Vapes? I'm relatively new here; I get the sense that some vendors have an established relationship here so maybe I'm stepping on toes? Hope not! I'm just posting this as a warning to anyone who might stumble on POTV's shady policies or Storz and Bickels terrible customer service.

I processed my first RMA through Storz and Bickel like I was advised to.

My second device is also defective. This is when I reached out to POTV and this saga began. Honestly, if they had just let me post my review or asked me to amend it in some way(language, etc.), I would have been ok with that. But, they decided to protect their sales instead.

Also, why would I DM someone on a forum? This is a business transaction; not a Craigslist sale.

Also, if Jerry has decided to suppress reviews that might affect sales on their site, why would I want to talk to them anyway?

What we don't do though is post up either positive or negative reviews on companies other than POTV.
--Quote from POTV Customer Service Rep - March 24th

Remember: I'm the one who paid for a product 3 1/2 months ago with nothing to show for it. Apparently, the only time companies listen is when you make noise.

Well... 🥳

Happy puffing!

OldPotHead

I vape to get even
There are also many deranged customers out there, who feel they've been slighted and leave false bad reviews. Usually there are two sides to every story.

WelshBrok

Remember: I'm the one who paid for a product 3 1/2 months ago with nothing to show for it. Apparently, the only time companies listen is when you make noise.
So have S&B not sorted the second RMA for you yet from mid-January when you raised it against the replacement device with the error?

WelshBrok,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I'm just posting this as a warning to anyone who might stumble on POTV's shady policies or Storz and Bickels terrible customer service.
POTV has a policy about their reviews, that they be about the vaporizer, or about their own service, period. You have not been singled out nor slighted by them. It is not a shady policy, it just did not suit your purpose. You said they offered to help, maybe that will produce some result still?

Jerry, @stickstones, may be able to help; he has a relationship with POTV. My mention of him may bring him into this conversation, but he may do that with you in private chat. But I think (especially if you purchased in US) your issue is with S&B.

FuckCombustion has similar, stated policy here in these vaporizer threads, that they be about the use of the vaporizer, not about bashing the company who made the vape or the one who sold the vape.

You said previously that S&B had never "formally" responded to you, but in fact you did get a replacement. That seems like a positive response to me. It sucks that the replacement was a dud, but hey, shit happens.

It's like a Judge once told me, "The case is not ripe for review because you have not yet exhausted your administrative remedies," a fancy way of saying you must continue to slog thru the process; sucks, but it's the only way, short of giving up...

Just to clarify, I don't think S&B was purchased by a "hedge fund", it was a multi-national cannabis company
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canopy_Growth. Hedge funds are in the money industry, Canopy is at least in the cannabis industry.

S&B has been through some very rocky supply chain type issues the past couple of years (starting with Covid, but now ?), and, to boot, service out of Oakland was curtailed for a long time, then rocky getting back up. The whole retail site just came back up yesterday after a multi-day "revision", but now, I see only whole vapes for sale, no accessories at all to use my "individual coupon code" they just sent to celebrate the upgrade of site. Rocky...

redshirt

Vapviking(and others), thank you for your detailed reply. Even if we don't ultimately see eye to eye, I do appreciate you taking your time to try to provide some context. It's very easy go down a road of negativity and insults on the internet, so... Namaste :)

Yes, there are two tracks here that inter-weave and so it's a little confusing:

1. Storz and Bickel and their defective devices/non-existent customer service

-and-

2. Planet of the Vapes(POTV) and their deceitful review policy

To be clear, my issue is not with POTV trying to resolve the issue with S&B; it is purely with their cooked reviews that mislead their customers for profit. That they've had some low level schlub(*) sending me emails since March 18th stating the issue has been "escalated" is more irritating than anything else.

(*Source: I have been that low level support schlub in the past; there is a procedure for escalated response, even if it's BS flowery talk or a simple "no". POTV has failed here as well.)

As I have done well before I started posting and making a fuss here and elsewhere, I will continue to follow the support tracks as offered. POTV's rep offered to help but that's not doing anything so far. And I will continue to document my experience with these two companies on every relevant site I can.

Now, onto the details at hand:

==============================================

1. Storz and Bickel

-Sold for 177 million Euros(roughly 208 million USD) in 2018 to hedge fund Canopy Growth: https://www.canopygrowth.com/investors/

-According to Canopy's press release, they achieved 23 percent growth this time versus last year and are progressing towards 30 million dollars of "cost synergies" (whatever the fuck that means; sure sounds like they have enough money to pay for some customer support)

Storz and BIckel is a shell. They are not a start-up, they are not your friend, they are an asset in a portfolio that was purchased a long time ago for hundreds of millions of dollars BUT STILL CAN'T GET THEIR SHIT TOGETHER ENOUGH TO SEND ME A SINGLE EMAIL OR APOLOGIZE or.... anything. A funny GIF? Some helpful information about the affect of ambient light on sleep health? Nada.

Believe me, the fact that their dumpy little RMA outpost resides in Oakland is one of the very few perks of this whole debacle. Maybe all of their profits go to rent in the Bay Area?

2. Planet of the Vapes review policy

I simply disagree. If you purchased something from Amazon and then found out later that they removed all reviews that mention any negative experience with that manufacturer, you'd be rightly pissed off.

Think about it:

**None** of the reviews on Planet of the Vapes can be trusted because they've filtered out any point of reference regarding *any* service or support issues you might have with that manufacturer.

That policy is incredibly hostile to the customer who is using those reviews as a compass to make a purchase. Having a trustworthy set of reviews is a BASELINE requirement for online purchases today. Either that, or don't offer reviews.

They know what they are doing. 🙈🙉🤑

A company is not just the product they produce; it is the support they put behind that product.

POTV has completely shattered that trust; they are not this forum, they are not my DM buddy, they are a website vendor that purports to provide honest reviews for the products they sell but they HIDE NEGATIVE INFORMATION about the products they sell and make a *profit* from.

How is that acceptable or defensible?

Happy puffing! 🥳

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Vapviking(and others), thank you for your detailed reply. Even if we don't ultimately see eye to eye, I do appreciate you taking your time to try to provide some context. It's very easy go down a road of negativity and insults on the internet, so... Namaste :)

Yes, there are two tracks here that inter-weave and so it's a little confusing:

1. Storz and Bickel and their defective devices/non-existent customer service

-and-

2. Planet of the Vapes(POTV) and their deceitful review policy

To be clear, my issue is not with POTV trying to resolve the issue with S&B; it is purely with their cooked reviews that mislead their customers for profit. That they've had some low level schlub(*) sending me emails since March 18th stating the issue has been "escalated" is more irritating than anything else.

(*Source: I have been that low level support schlub in the past; there is a procedure for escalated response, even if it's BS flowery talk or a simple "no". POTV has failed here as well.)

As I have done well before I started posting and making a fuss here and elsewhere, I will continue to follow the support tracks as offered. POTV's rep offered to help but that's not doing anything so far. And I will continue to document my experience with these two companies on every relevant site I can.

Now, onto the details at hand:

==============================================

1. Storz and Bickel

-Sold for 177 million Euros(roughly 208 million USD) in 2018 to hedge fund Canopy Growth: https://www.canopygrowth.com/investors/

-According to Canopy's press release, they achieved 23 percent growth this time versus last year and are progressing towards 30 million dollars of "cost synergies" (whatever the fuck that means; sure sounds like they have enough money to pay for some customer support)

Storz and BIckel is a shell. They are not a start-up, they are not your friend, they are an asset in a portfolio that was purchased a long time ago for hundreds of millions of dollars BUT STILL CAN'T GET THEIR SHIT TOGETHER ENOUGH TO SEND ME A SINGLE EMAIL OR APOLOGIZE or.... anything. A funny GIF? Some helpful information about the affect of ambient light on sleep health? Nada.

Believe me, the fact that their dumpy little RMA outpost resides in Oakland is one of the very few perks of this whole debacle. Maybe all of their profits go to rent in the Bay Area?

2. Planet of the Vapes review policy

I simply disagree. If you purchased something from Amazon and then found out later that they removed all reviews that mention any negative experience with that manufacturer, you'd be rightly pissed off.

Think about it:

**None** of the reviews on Planet of the Vapes can be trusted because they've filtered out any point of reference regarding *any* service or support issues you might have with that manufacturer.

That policy is incredibly hostile to the customer who is using those reviews as a compass to make a purchase. Having a trustworthy set of reviews is a BASELINE requirement for online purchases today. Either that, or don't offer reviews.

They know what they are doing. 🙈🙉🤑

A company is not just the product they produce; it is the support they put behind that product.

POTV has completely shattered that trust; they are not this forum, they are not my DM buddy, they are a website vendor that purports to provide honest reviews for the products they sell but they HIDE NEGATIVE INFORMATION about the products they sell and make a *profit* from.

How is that acceptable or defensible?

Happy puffing! 🥳
As @vapviking correctly pointed out, we have a rule here that states:

• Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.
    • Please do not revisit an issue unless you have helpful information or constructive comments to add.
    • Use of the forum to blackmail companies will not be tolerated.
    • Posts in this regard will be evaluated based on perceived intent.
You have made several posts in this thread already expressing your displeasure with S&B and POTV, we won't allow you to continue to clog us this thread with similar personal gripes as it detracts from the purpose of the thread. Do not reprat your complaints in this thread as they will likely get removed and earn you warning points for violating FC rules.

Thank you.

:peace:

redshirt

I'm sorry you read my post as an invitation to continue posting. Warning point given and thread ban applied.
As @vapviking correctly pointed out, we have a rule here that states:

• Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.
    • Please do not revisit an issue unless you have helpful information or constructive comments to add.
    • Use of the forum to blackmail companies will not be tolerated.
    • Posts in this regard will be evaluated based on perceived intent.
You have made several posts in this thread already expressing your displeasure with S&B and POTV, we won't allow you to continue to clog us this thread with similar personal gripes as it detracts from the purpose of the thread. Do not reprat your complaints in this thread as they will likely get removed and earn you warning points for violating FC rules.

Thank you.

My posts have been responses to people asking for information.

This is an information thread about the Mighty and Storz and Bickel. I have provided detailed responses to questions asked and I am happy to furnish proof(aka my registration dog tags from both devices)

Please read my posts before rushing to protect the reputation of companies who don't show any interest in your well-being when shit hits the fan.

BigJr48

@redshirt When you buy from Amazon and the item purchased was defective, who do you resolve the issue with??? The same rules apply here, a retailer can easily replace and return a defective vaporizer to the manufacturer without taking a loss. This situation could've been handled differently if you wouldn't have started bad mouthing and just ask the FC community for help.

ScyOne

My Mighty+ is pure bliss and works fine.

And the warranty is 3 years so before that is up I will RMA it saying it sucks and get a brand new one.

They probably make pure money so I don't see a problem.

ScyOne,

WhiskeyDog79

Nice try, Redshirt. You need a better VPN.
Lol, some dude comes in here sharing info about a product experience and y'all act like they shit in your cereal.

Why don't you just create a Storz and Bickel and/or Planet of the Vapes circle jerk thread? Then you won't have to hear any bad things about your favorite products or websites. S&B has had known terrible service for years and this poor dude just happened to step in it. Great community response so far. Maybe reddit and vaporents is the way to go....

ScyOne

The original Mighty had a lcd screen fading issue from the start and they never bothered to fix it. Even now it sucks.

Food for thought.

WhiskeyDog79

Or maybe this is the main thread for SB and I was looking for a Crafty+? I can view plenty of threads without creating an account. I guess too much weed does make you paranoid?

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder

WhiskeyDog79

There is no main SB thread, but if you are looking for Crafty+ info, this thread may be more helpful: https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/crafty-crafty-by-storz-bickel.49772/

Hi Jill, thanks! Yeah, I'm kinda going back and forth between the two. Buddy leant me a Pax2 but said there are far better options. The Mighty kinda feels like overkill but I'm not a fan of the Crafty requiring an app(?). Also, no replaceable batteries some have mentioned but I'm usually always near a wall socket due to work/travel.

Was checking that Planet site, Sneaky Pete and some others(I don't know what rules I can't step on around here in terms of mentioning names; this thread is very prickly) but... do all reseller sites hide reviews like that? Is that standard? That's very odd to me; is there a "legit" review source or do I just keep searching? Are there any good review sites online you'd recommend? The fact that I can't trust what I'm reading about a product sucks and I don't think any local shops offer that device around here.

Has anyone else had issues with SB? I just won't shop at that Planet place, that's fine. They all seem to carry similar "discounts" from the manufacturer, anyway.

WhiskeyDog79,

Choices

Hi Jill, thanks! Yeah, I'm kinda going back and forth between the two. Buddy leant me a Pax2 but said there are far better options. The Mighty kinda feels like overkill but I'm not a fan of the Crafty requiring an app(?). Also, no replaceable batteries some have mentioned but I'm usually always near a wall socket due to work/travel.

Was checking that Planet site, Sneaky Pete and some others(I don't know what rules I can't step on around here in terms of mentioning names; this thread is very prickly) but... do all reseller sites hide reviews like that? Is that standard? That's very odd to me; is there a "legit" review source or do I just keep searching? Are there any good review sites online you'd recommend? The fact that I can't trust what I'm reading about a product sucks and I don't think any local shops offer that device around here.

Has anyone else had issues with SB? I just won't shop at that Planet place, that's fine. They all seem to carry similar "discounts" from the manufacturer, anyway.
Well I guess I’ll step up and share a few thoughts:
1. This is a pretty chill forum, populated by a lot of specific vaporizer devotees. Most all that stay for long appreciate the positive vibe since many live in places where using cannabis is illegal and/or households that frown upon it. Hence coming here and trashing specific Vapes or companies is really bad karma.

2. The pandemic and narrow minded legislation has made vaping products challenging for online storefronts that are often operating with skeleton crews at best with no likelihood of being out of the red anytime soon. Recognize the current dynamic and feel blessed if you are several degrees of separation from the real challenges.

3. The thread is prickly because a newer member decided to be quite brash with their comments. I’m not saying one has to follow “Thumper’s Rule” but certainly there is a level of decorum here that makes it different than Reddit.

4. I never try to guess the age or life situation of a poster, but a suggestion that always seems to be worth following is to read aloud what you post and decide if you would truly be comfortable saying it in person to all who might read it.

5. I’m at a point in life where I know my yesterdays far outnumber my tomorrows. Because of this I tend to be less interested in interacting online with individuals who just seem to want to stir shit up and flame. I may have an overly sensitive view about it, but this is one of the few “happy places” I’ve found online and it does bristle me when I see folks acting in a negative manner in my otherwise positive space.

6. Sorry for the long winded response but it takes no more effort for a person to approach life as a positive force towards others. Hopefully it is something you can adopt as a practice here on FC.

Peace,

Choices

ugotmale

Why would you be under the impression that ANY company would post NEGATIVE reviews on their OWN website?

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'm sure you will all be shocked when I share the news that @WhiskeyDog79 was @redshirt's second account that he created to avoid the thread ban. Both accounts have now been permabanned as we frown upon having multiple accounts on FC.

Will Smith Slap GIF by Xavier Degraux

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Thank you, @Stu, for keeping us on track.
Pretty sure neither of them knew what a hedge fund actually is... :horse:

I notice that there are a lot of job openings at S&B, both in Germany and several in Oakland.

My impression has always been that Oakland is a small staff to begin with, my guess would be 2 to 4 people, but that's just a guess. There are at least 3 job openings there. And no product in stock other than complete vapes.
To me this sure seems closely related to the poor c/s we are hearing about.

About the Mighty control screen, I have read that this can be an issue, but my two-Mighty history has seen no trouble, except;
I had to put Mighty in storage for a full year in a non-climate controlled environment in the northeast US. When I did retrieve, the screen was only about 1/2 visible, battery still had some charge, I charged it and it worked fine. It took the screen a few days, but it eventually came back to full view. That Mighty lasted 5 years.

Top Bottom