The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Mr. Me2

Anyone know why Ryot isn't selling the large size Pack Ratz? I think that's the perfect size to carry the Mighty, stash, and brush. New mighty owner :)

sibFZei.jpg
So sorry to hear the large RYOT case isn't available. I have the small size for my Crafty and it's PERFECT! None on eBay? Have you looked at Vatra cases?

I just did a Google search and it came up on Amazon through one seller. I couldn't grab a link for you...sorry, but give it a try.

Mr. Me2,

Highland_UK

Noob question: What is the 'slidey' black and red switch(that says mighty) on top of the cooling unit for?
Should it be put towards the direction the mouth piece faces, or the opposite?
Thanks

Highland_UK,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Noob question: What is the 'slidey' black and red switch(that says mighty) on top of the cooling unit for?
Should it be put towards the direction the mouth piece faces, or the opposite?
Thanks
It should normally be away from the base of the mouthpiece stem. It's the lock that holds the top & bottom halves of the cooling unit together and you'll need to undo it periodically so you can open it up and clean in there. See the manual for dis-assembly.

Highland_UK

It should normally be away from the base of the mouthpiece stem. It's the lock that holds the top & bottom halves of the cooling unit together and you'll need to undo it periodically so you can open it up and clean in there. See the manual for dis-assembly.
Thanks, had been bugging me!

Highland_UK,

Highland_UK

Hopefully someone call tell me if I'm doing something wrong.
Grind the herb(not too fine) and put it into the heating bit so that its level with the top of the metal bit-push down gently with orange pokey thing.
Put the cooling lid on, turn the mighty on and set to 180C and vape when it vibrates.
Getting the effect, but having to pull really hard and seeing basically no vapour whatsoever :\
I also, just now, removed the mouthpiece and can't get it to go back on? :bang:
Fixed the MP in the end- was just too worried about pushing to hard and breaking it!
Will try packing it less tightly and see how it goes. If still no luck, I may try putting the liquid pad on top of the bud:hmm:

Last edited:
Highland_UK,

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
Grind the herb(not too fine) and put it into the heating bit so that its level with the top of the metal bit-push down gently with orange pokey thing.
Put the cooling lid on, turn the mighty on and set to 180C and vape when it vibrates.
Getting the effect, but having to pull really hard and seeing basically no vapour whatsoever :\

I think you are packing it too tight.
Try to pack it not too full, and push gently so the airy can travel through the material.
Although you may want to increase the temperature along your session, getting more components to boiling point. :)

As for the MP, check again normally that's fool proof ;)

ChooChooCharlie

Is that the raw natural rolling tray?!?!

I got one and appreciate seeing more in the world!

Good eye, @WakeAndVape
For other readers, it's called the Raw Rolling Box. Cheap, $23 on amazon:
https://amzn.com/B00GGBL9TI

I leave the tray flipped and stacked on the bottom, in my "secret" side table.

icaBiqH.jpg

Tray is good for post-grind drying, and that groovy groove helps to fill capsules.

I only mention it here rather than in a stash thread because the bottom holds both Mighty and Crafty cooling units so well. Dirty ones are screen side up. Rotate frequently and clean a bunch together.

pmWZkC2.jpg

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Fixed the MP in the end- was just too worried about pushing to hard and breaking it!
Will try packing it less tightly and see how it goes. If still no luck, I may try putting the liquid pad on top of the bud:hmm:
My 2 cents,
It's good you're getting effect! Sometimes vapor isn't as visible, but still there. Lower temps especially. Maybe try right off at about 195C and see what that's like. The slightly lower grade material I have currently is like that, only visible at higher temps. Can also depend on moisture content. Should be dry.
You should be getting nice medium brown abv at 180C, correct?
Sorry if this is too rudimentary.

Highland_UK

My 2 cents,
It's good you're getting effect! Sometimes vapor isn't as visible, but still there. Lower temps especially. Maybe try right off at about 195C and see what that's like. The slightly lower grade material I have currently is like that, only visible at higher temps. Can also depend on moisture content. Should be dry.
Thank you, not rudimentary at all- I don't have any experience with vaporizers (outside of trying the odd volcano here and there)- so learning as I go.
The abv is usually as described (medium brown). The bud is pretty nice, might try leaving one outside my stash can for an hour to dry a bit more though, and then fire it straight at 195 as you suggested.
Say everything is working- how many good 5 second pulls would you get from one bowl/filling?

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
how many good 5 second pulls would you get from one bowl/filling?

The legendary question!

It depends on material, how you draw and the temperature.
I can get 10 or 30 with the same material, just by changing another variable.
However you should ending with a bunch of vapor as long as your material is correct, even at 185°c

Read the different guide on the forum, try and experiment again and again, that's where the fun is ;)

Highland_UK

I think you are packing it too tight.
Try to pack it not too full, and push gently so the airy can travel through the material.
Although you may want to increase the temperature along your session, getting more components to boiling point. :)

As for the MP, check again normally that's fool proof ;)

The legendary question!

However you should ending with a bunch of vapor as long as your material is correct, even at 185°c

Read the different guide on the forum, try and experiment again and again, that's where the fun is ;)

You're drawing to hard on it. Pull gently to get more vapor. The faster you pull the more air you get compared to vapor. Also a slower pull will result in hotter air hitting the bud. I pull almost as slow as I possibly can.

Thanks for the pointers, trying it out now :)

blackstone

As long as you don't do what I did first and put the brush in the same compartment as the Mighty.
There's some sharp edges on the brush and it knocked up my label.

As you're on cases,
I got one of those hard drive cases with no space for other storage, they're so cheap from China on ebay and I wanted one slim, minimal case for keeping Mighty safe.
Then, I also got one of these in a different color, cause black was gone!:
flyye_edc_small_bag_black_5a.jpg

http://www.military1st.co.uk/fy-ph-c031-bk-flyye-edc-small-waist-pack-black.html

It fits good with a tiny bit of room so the zips don't scrape on the Mighty, probably makes for a bulky size overall but it depends what you're up to really.
It's also a bit showerproof. Hard to say how much impact protection it would offer compared to the other cases but the seams are all bulky and very well finished inside, it will minimize cosmetic wear and tear, will surely take a fall better than a bare Mighty, and hangs on a belt well for around the garden. The pocket at the front is ideal for cap magazine, but as someone pointed out lately, that magazine vents good so it's worth plastic bagging it sometimes.

This one was also a hot contender when I looked, I still wonder what the fit would be like as I don't have an iphone to compare:
PHP_TAN_thumb.jpg

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/PHP-iPhone-6-6s-Pouch-p9251.htm
Looks nice in black too, although it doesn't seem to have much room for other items if you needed that.

Highland_UK

@Highland_UK: have you tried more than one strain yet? I've noticed big differences in vapor production between strains - some produce tons of tasty vapor @ 165ºC, while others seem to need higher temps. another trick is to let the unit 'cook' for 30 sec. or so after it gets to the target temp before vaping.

Just the one strain so far, and some hash before that-will try the cooking thing as well-haven't tried starting as low as 165 yet either.

My 2 cents,

The legendary question!

You're drawing to hard on it. Pull gently to get more vapor. The faster you pull the more air you get compared to vapor. Also a slower pull will result in hotter air hitting the bud. I pull almost as slow as I possibly can.

Pulling slowly definitely helped, got a bit more vapor. Still a bit underwhelmed if I'm honest, as I'm not quite getting the satisfaction of flavour and vapor production- will get there hopefully :)

Shizuka

魔装
Just the one strain so far, and some hash before that-will try the cooking thing as well-haven't tried starting as low as 165 yet either.

Pulling slowly definitely helped, got a bit more vapor. Still a bit underwhelmed if I'm honest, as I'm not quite getting the satisfaction of flavour and vapor production- will get there hopefully :)

Surprised you aren't getting good results honestly! Compared to my Solo the Mighty hits like a TRUCK I've been using half the amount I typically use and still getting great effects from it. First time I had to stop in a long time before I used the whole bowl because I had enough, and when I opened it I could tell I still had quite a few hits left in it. I hope you didn't pick up a fake one by accident or something because I'm more then satisfied with the efficiency of mine.

Highland_UK

Surprised you aren't getting good results honestly! Compared to my Solo the Mighty hits like a TRUCK I've been using half the amount I typically use and still getting great effects from it. First time I had to stop in a long time before I used the whole bowl because I had enough, and when I opened it I could tell I still had quite a few hits left in it. I hope you didn't pick up a fake one by accident or something because I'm more then satisfied with the efficiency of mine.
Yea was worried about that, bought it new from amazon(uk) though. as I mentioned a couple of posts back-it is still having the desired effect. Might be the bud itself, might be the temp or how I'm packing it. I am also coming off smoking 'tobacco heavy' spliffs for my entire life, so maybe my lack of taste- is just expecting it to taste like a spliff. Had a look online at videos and how to spot fakes etc, it all seems legit. Gonna try putting the liquid tab on top of the herb and see how that goes.

Highland_UK,

Mr. Me2

Yea was worried about that, bought it new from amazon(uk) though. as I mentioned a couple of posts back-it is still having the desired effect. Might be the bud itself, might be the temp or how I'm packing it. I am also coming off smoking 'tobacco heavy' spliffs for my entire life, so maybe my lack of taste- is just expecting it to taste like a spliff. Had a look online at videos and how to spot fakes etc, it all seems legit. Gonna try putting the liquid tab on top of the herb and see how that goes.
@Highland_UK - just wondering if you're new to vaping. There is an adjustment if you have only combusted. And it's a very fun journey.

And I have a suggestion in place of the liquid pad on top of your load (in case you haven't read this in this or the Crafty thread). I prefer using a pipe screen. Take a regular size pipe screen and cut out a wedge so the remaining screen looks like pac man. Then pull the two edges together so it forms a cone shape. Use this on top of your partial load as a spacer (pointy end of the cone goes into the oven).

When I use this method, I fill the oven about half to 2/3rds of medium grind material very lightly tamped. Then I put the screen on top and attach the cu.

Another thing you may want to check is your cu (to make sure there are no leaks). With it removed from the unit, place your thumb over the intake hole (that fits over the oven when attached) and draw on the mouthpiece. You should not be able to pull any air in.

Hopefully, everything is fine. Keep us posted!

Top Bottom