The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

blackstone

The dosing capsules make some sense. I guess I've not been thinking of using those just becase I never have before. I may need to rethink that.

I like them, have no issue with taste from them or anything. And they really do work for that reason.
Shitty picture here but this is the bowl of my first Crafty+ (same bowl type) after over 100 hours or 6 months use.
Capsules only, and just wipe the odd time with dry cotton, I never really use Iso there in case it thins or spreads any oil around.
20201106-033932-crop.jpg

Another great tip is to permanently remove the CU screen and mop the port with dry cotton periodically, paying attention to mopping the screen groove with cotton and a sharp implement too.
As I'm sure some staining was from oil dripping from the CU rim above.
I throw away and replace 4 capsules every month or two and the insides can be very grimy.

I just joined FC yesterday. I'm a long time vape user and just recently bought a Mighty. I'm loving it so far. Every other vaporizer I've owned has a certain technique that needs to be mastered for best use. The Mighty is dead simple. Turn it on. When it buzzes breathe in. Fast or slow works just fine.

The only downside for me is the time and effort needed to keep it clean. I don't see any way around that. It's just not a Solo 2 (the easiest I have to keep clean). The day to day is easy; just brush it out. I will be taking apart the cooling unit and soaking it in ISO once a week. Anything easier?

Separate all the components in the cooling unit, put everything except the blue rings in a glass jar with lid. Poor over enough IOS to cover, top up with hot water and soap. Finally add a big table spoon of dried rice in there. Put the lid on and shake repeatedly, leave to soak for 30/60 mins. Put the blue rings in for a rinse at the end. This method removes 95% of the gunk inside the cooling unit. Also buy a few spare cooling units there are cheap. ✌️👁✌️

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I've seen Troy's advice on wiping a warm cooling unit with dry q-tips at the end of a session. I think I've seen every mighty video he has done. But if I'm going to soak it in ISO once a week it just seems like more work to me. I also wonder about wear and tear on the Mighty, taking the cooling unit apart every day.

The dosing capsules make some sense. I guess I've not been thinking of using those just becase I never have before. I may need to rethink that.

Does anyone use their Mighty for concentrates? I want to at least try it to see how it is. I have other methods for concentrates that I'm happy with. And it seems like that may be a good way to get the bowl really dirty.

Separate all the components in the cooling unit, put everything except the blue rings in a glass jar with lid. Poor over enough IOS to cover, top up with hot water and soap. Finally add a big table spoon of dried rice in there. Put the lid on and shake repeatedly, leave to soak for 30/60 mins. Put the blue rings in for a rinse at the end. This method removes 95% of the gunk inside the cooling unit. Also buy a few spare cooling units there are cheap. ✌️👁✌️
Hi, guys, welcome to the forum.
Capsules are the way to go for long-term cleanliness, but a personal preference in terms of ease/time etc. They are great for out and about or travel, road trips etc. Hot swapping for reload is simple.

****Important is to keep scratches from happening in the chamber, it is aluminum and can develop scratches, which over time are collection spots for resin buildup, and make it much harder to keep it super clean in there.

Concentrates can be done and if you really want to try, you can, but you are correct about cleanliness being a bigger issue. Other, dedicated devices can work better, imo.

@SailingShoes cleaning method sounds effective, but a little more work than necessary. I think the soap and water may just weaken/dilute the effect of the alcohol so, if at all, I'd use those after the iso (I rinse with cold water only).
I do iso (the 91% or 99%) soak in baggie, put that into hot water about 20 minute soak with one or two interim shakes. The only disassembly is split two halves apart and remove mouthpiece. I leave screen and o-rings in place. Once in a while I'll put a new screen in and maybe once a year some new o-rings all around.

But lately, I don't use c/u at all if I can avoid it. I'm using a wpa and in-line hyrdatube, dry. Nice, open draw, tasty, and I think more of the goods are delivered to me rather than condensing in the c/u.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
I've seen Troy's advice on wiping a warm cooling unit with dry q-tips at the end of a session. I think I've seen every mighty video he has done. But if I'm going to soak it in ISO once a week it just seems like more work to me. I also wonder about wear and tear on the Mighty, taking the cooling unit apart every day.

Does anyone use their Mighty for concentrates? I want to at least try it to see how it is. I have other methods for concentrates that I'm happy with. And it seems like that may be a good way to get the bowl really dirty.
Wipe it down regularly and you don't need to iso so often. I only iso soak when I'm cleaning all my vape gear. My wife and I have 6 vapcaps in rotation. I only clean when they're all dirty so maybe once a month.

I suppose the o-rings could possibly be damaged somehow during reassembly. I've never had it happen to me but I guess it could. I always keep extra o-rings on hand anyway. Stuff like that doesn't last forever.

darbarikanada

Does anyone use their Mighty for concentrates?
yes! I recommend small loads (e.g. .03-.05g) to make clean-up easier.

1. bubble hash: put it on top or under the liquid pad.
2. hard hash: chop it into tiny bits, put it under the liquid pad.
3. wax: put a very small amount (.03g) on top of the liquid pad

one thing I've found with all of these is that it's easy to not finish the load (who knew you can get 15+ hits from .05g of hash?). with flower it's no big deal, but with hash you can end up with gummy residue that's a (small) challenge to clean, and with wax you can get gooey residue. if you don't want to vape to the bitter (not tasty) end, you can do a burn-off after you're done: put it on max temp, vertical, let it go to auto-shut-off - you might even want to do it twice.

it's really nice to be able to taste the flavors of all these; 'sip' or make clouds!

simplywonderful

warm iso for CUs is really fast way to get the CU cleaned well.
I have my mighty still disassembled and I really want to clean that ring which develops on the plastic part housing around chamber. Chamber is flawless without gunk, yet the ring on the plastic really makes it a contrast. Im wondering guys what would be best way to do it, I Thought about that nail polisher or whatever that chemically smelling shit is. I tried ISO and scrubbing with baking soda but it does not worked on that ring, only on aluminum chamber.
I would really appreciate your help ( btw I dont have access to that magic cleaner thingy unfortunately)

wish everyone a beautiful weekend :)

simplywonderful,
Reactions: blackstone

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
warm iso for CUs is really fast way to get the CU cleaned well.
I have my mighty still disassembled and I really want to clean that ring which develops on the plastic part housing around chamber. Chamber is flawless without gunk, yet the ring on the plastic really makes it a contrast. Im wondering guys what would be best way to do it, I Thought about that nail polisher or whatever that chemically smelling shit is. I tried ISO and scrubbing with baking soda but it does not worked on that ring, only on aluminum chamber.
I would really appreciate your help ( btw I dont have access to that magic cleaner thingy unfortunately)

wish everyone a beautiful weekend :)

Nail polish remover is ACETONE, very hazardous, and can MELT plastic even more then ISO. Try Dark Crystal cleaner, otherwise you may have to live with it.

Green Kiwi

Or, trow the ring away ,and put a new one on.
The Mighty comes with those spare o-rings, and when you already have used all of them, just order a maintenance set.:2c:.
I forgot the price but I thought, that they weren't that expensive to go all the trouble to get them clean and like new.
Just my personal thoughts..:sherlock::leaf:.

blackstone

The Mighty comes with those spare o-rings, and when you already have used all of them, just order a maintenance set.:2c:.
I forgot the price but I thought, that they weren't that expensive to go all the trouble to get them clean and like new.
I think they were on about the brown staining ring on plastic bowl edge?
That's staining from the oil, can't think how if that dark crystal didn't work.
Pity they wouldn't sell the replacement parts alright, when Whirlpool make a vape they will sell all that stuff seperate!

Vaporetto

Guys
been vaping with the mighty for about 3 years now.
Cleaning wiff IPA, both oven and cooling chamber, taking everything apart etc
however when I heat up the device with empty chamber, there is a certain amount of vapor coming off.
anyone ever opened the device for further cleaning?

Vaporetto,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Guys
however when I heat up the device with empty chamber, there is a certain amount of vapor coming off.
Look back about 1 page for some posts about opening/cleaning inside.
You might do several high-temp burn offs with empty chamber, c/u removed, that could get some of it.

vapviking,

ray_

Guys
From reading this thread it seems you can get gunk inside when using it upside down on glass. If you have been doing that there could be plenty of stuff inside.

simplywonderful

yeah but I meant the ring from resin that develops around the plastic housing of the chamber. If it would be just that oring I would not care less :D Yeah and mighty comes with spare o ring/ maintenance set so it would not be a problem at all I just wish that would be the issue :D
From reading this thread it seems you can get gunk inside when using it upside down on glass. If you have been doing that there could be plenty of stuff inside.
I have mine opened Im doing deep cleaning aswell and similar shit happened to me, please check the small air intake hole from bottom of the heating rod cover( the grey thing) I found a small piece of what it seemed like resin that turned into almost charcoal substance. What shocked me the most is the fact that I never used this device upside down and I always kept it in case when possible. So the clogging from dust is not possible. Same shit happened to my older device, but it was causing real draw resistance problems. I got to pull like crazy and got very little vapour, back then I did not know how to cleaned it well but I managed to pop it off with needle, it was a completely different device.
Btw one tip, clean your chamber with warm iso and baking soda on paper towel, it helped me a lot. Previously I put the whole chamber in boiling iso and it did not remove the resin just bits of it. Also soak the grey heating rod cover thingy in iso too. There is sometimes a film that develops around there on the inner side and it ofgasses. My device was used very sparingly and is less than half year old so I gotta learn and NEVER use reclaim or concentrate again to see if it would make a difference.
Nail polish remover is ACETONE, very hazardous, and can MELT plastic even more then ISO. Try Dark Crystal cleaner, otherwise you may have to live with it.
yeah acetone I meant, I know its a harsh chemical, I cant imagine not being able to get rid off that awful smell so I leave it away and I will source dark crystal cleaner :)
I think they were on about the brown staining ring on plastic bowl edge?
That's staining from the oil, can't think how if that dark crystal didn't work.
Pity they wouldn't sell the replacement parts alright, when Whirlpool make a vape they will sell all that stuff seperate!
exactly that one, in my case its stained from the reclaim, I will give it a try and when I will have new mighty I would never use reclaim/wax again in it to see if the ring would develops. I believe dark crystal would work if it will be original, I have seen some bad feedback from people, all of them bought it from amazon and the seller sold them dilluted solution so it did not have such cleaning power. If you guys have any negative feedback and you bought it directly from the company or someone certified, please let me know to save few bucks. But I believe it will work :)

Exactly with the spare parts ! I think it would be best vape ever made if it would offer easily replacable parts, like chamber cover, housing and all the other parts. I dont think it would made the device complicated. Reminds of playing with lego when I was kid :D

SquirrelMaster

Well i got my mighty at last. I was a crafty user for many years and last year i mostly used splinter z + water pipe combo. I mist say mighty is the ideal vape for me. Not only bigger battery than crafty, but i appreciate much faster heat up time and also the vapour seems a little cooler with mighty than crafty.

The Mighty has a faster heat up? Was the old Crafty that slow? I make the heat up time work but that's one area they should improve on the "+".

Nice to see new vapes but I really dont like an exposed glowing metal coil as a heater, even the GH has a heat exchanger. Also the shape and unnecessary accessories are a turn off, so I'll hold on for the next big thing or a Mighty+:clap: I think.
Maybe it's just me but even heavy hitting convection desktops can't seem to match what a Mighty/Crafty(+)/Hybrid can do for me in efficiency and effects, and taste btw!
I mean why would they make Volcano a hybrid, if convection could be stronger and more efficient!?

Also fair play on the posts! I take a long time writing mine too sometimes, but they can turn out a bit long then!

Are you talking about the Bowle? No exposed heater on that device. All of it stays cool, very cool. I find both convection and hybrid heating methods efficient although I'm not microsdosing so maybe that's where you would see a difference. The Hybrid might be seen as less efficient because it can be such a hog with flower but the effects are STRONG with a full bowl. With the reducer it's similar to the Mighty but I think I prefer it, depends on your preference for bags. Taste wise I've always found convection to be the best but the others aren't bad they just taste like popcorn sooner imo. The AVB definitely looks thoroughly cooked on a vape that has conduction. I want to see a test with a bunch of current vapes and their extraction potential. If I had the equipment I'd have no hesitation, it sounds like fun.

blackstone

Are you talking about the Bowle? No exposed heater on that device. All of it stays cool, very cool.

Oh, I meant the coil is exposed to the air passing through it inside on it's way to the lungs, or non encapsulated / non heat exchanger type.

I find both convection and hybrid heating methods efficient although I'm not microsdosing so maybe that's where you would see a difference...........
.........The AVB definitely looks thoroughly cooked on a vape that has conduction. I want to see a test with a bunch of current vapes and their extraction potential. If I had the equipment I'd have no hesitation, it sounds like fun.

Maybe one works best for some people or even on different days. Or with different strains!
The figures might say one thing in a test but everyone will know what's working and use what vape they prefer, or can afford!
I guess you can still have fun and work just fine even with an old, cheap vape, many seem to do that for years and don't need the most cutting edge, for others it's an obsession.:lol:
If I had limitless supply I might use my convection only vapes more often I think.

Bazinga

got myself a cheap chinese ultrasonic cleaner for the cu's...... 5 minutes in a bag of iso .... and they come out like new!!! (disassembled)
if the iso is a little warm i can cut the time by half......... no more rubbing anymore....!!! :rockon:
I definitely recommend it!
I do exactly the same. I use this method for not just the Mighty cooling unit, but also the capsules and all my glass stems for my other vaporizer. Works great.

ray_

got myself a cheap chinese ultrasonic cleaner for the cu's...... 5 minutes in a bag of iso .... and they come out like new!!! (disassembled)
if the iso is a little warm i can cut the time by half......... no more rubbing anymore....!!! :rockon:
I definitely recommend it!
Sounds nice! Got a link?

ray_,

Some-new-user

Well guys, my Mighty is no more. I had it exchanged for a full refund with PIU as I was tired of being told that it was ok and the only other option they could give me is an open box unit. It seems to me in their response was.. that they insisted that it wasn't dropping 20 degrees with every hit. Also another reply I got from Puff It Up said they they only tested it with nothing in the bowl. I don't know, but I was done waiting. And just as I was in the checkout cart at S&B (getting ready to glady pay $100 more than PIU's Price on the Mighty) .. I started thinking about just picking up the hybrid instead.

I'm not sure what the problem was but I don't accept Open Box Units. Since my intention was just to go ahead and pay full price with it over at S&B, I'm actually thinking of just biting the bullet and jumping straight to the Hybrid instead. I'll be spending the next few days trying to make an educated decision on it. I think either way, I'll be buying another mighty again down the line after the Hybrid because I have a love/hate thing with my Dynavap and it's consistency with performance so I never use it anymore..

Anyone here have experience with both the Mighty and the Hybrid that doesn't mind giving me their personal pros and cons of each? Love to hear from you!
I have everything S&B have done apart from an original Crafty. As above, there's differences between each vape. I love how efficient the hybrid can be and how high it can still get me. With the whip i cut the tube in half. It's much closer to the mighty for me but other people may like the cooling effects of the longer tube. You won't have to worry about batteries degrading either or charging. But thats one thing i really love about the Mighty too. It can be used while charging and also fits in my pocket nicely. Crafty+ with dosing caps is my daily driver. I kick back with a film or podcast with the mighty. Hybrid great for Microdosing with the reducer and a liquid pad on top but then even better to load a full chamber.
I love the plenty. It is quite underrated in my opinion but it has definitely been neglected since the hybrid came out.

Hope this helps.

ray_

I also recommend capsules for keeping the bowl clean. I settled on using cotton pads to wipe so a dry qtip is a good idea.
Enjoy the vape, and the forum!

I've become a true believer in dosing capsules this past week after never using them before. I like that they help keep the bowl clean, they reduce the capacity a bit, and they are a more consistent dose than I was getting without them.

Thanks for the advice.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The figures might say one thing in a test but everyone will know what's working and use what vape they prefer, or can afford!

This reminds me of the study In Vitro Validation Of Vaporizers where they find the Arizer Solo extracts considerably more THC than the Volcano or Plenty.

But I’ve never gotten anywhere close to the effects of a Volcano when using a Solo :hmm:

Percentage-of-total-cannabinoids-found-in-the-vapor-residue-and-device-parts-of-Volcano.png

justcametomind

I've heard the same thing for the past 1.5-2 years. I wouldn't hold your breath....
That’s true, but the “any day” due release part is latest news actually. 2 years of speculation but Mr Bickel himself stated it was being released shortly. The fact is that he said that before the festivities and everybody thought it would have been launched for Xmas 2020.
If interested there’s a video link about the exact moment he speaks about M+ in one of the last few pages post.

Top Bottom