Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Ran it through a battery of tests, I really enjoy it. I managed to do both concentrate screens with hash and oil, and have a great long dry session at 40 percent on the P.A. getting thick vapor. All while using the Orbiter. I think I can pair it with my Hydratubes connecting it with a cloud buddy, and I even liked this silicone tube (I thought I would never say). Fun times ahead with this guy. I have a few @Ed's TnT MFLB/Vapman stems to work with for my wet and dry sessions that make the flavor even better.
Take a look at the rosin thread in the concentrates subforum if you want to make that hash a solventless oil, you probably already have everything you need. I've got a sweet tiger maple stem from Ed. The drier your material is, the better and cleaner your LB will be.

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Got my warranty box yesterday :)

God, it just seems like it functions better than the last two.

Or I've just got the trick down. I feel like using the vapcap really helped with feeling for the temp on my tongue.

I've really been enjoying it without the PA, and just the batteries w/o the push back ring is really nice. Take the bat out and tape the box on the cap. A lot more fun to use.

Last edited:

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Man, I'm no good with the PA I suppose.

Soon as I brought it out, I combust.

First time in the new box :(

hweezi,

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

Don't feel alone..First Time...I cranked it up to high and held the damn button too long and combusted too. Had to dial the PA back to mid-point and use it like I would a battery..(Hold 5-7 seconds/till I see vapor in the tube or vapor in the oven and then back off the battery) and now, for the last 2 days I've been back to using the MFLB for the speed and convenience. Loving how quickly and dependably it works battery wise now. But yeah...I know what ya mean about how easy all the new power is to cause a burn out.

hibeam

alpha +
@mikeben, after each shake, lid staying closed, with my forefinger and thumb I simultaneously tap the sides of the box near the trench and most of the herb goes back down from those little shelves. I know a gif is worth more than these words...but it is getting too close to bedtime here. :)

mikeben

Turn it way down, it will work at very low settings. I get very thick vapor with slow draws at roughly 35-40 percent and I don't think it will combust that low. Just use it higher for oil and hash. When it feels nice and thick let the button go. Don't hold it after you stop pulling. Before you start pulling don't hold it too long. Honestly though you can get great results at low power if you hold it down and are using the finishing grinder with good herb.

@hibeam thanks for the advice. I think I figured the trench out. I just flip it over completely, then turn it back. It keeps it pretty neat and shakes it up real nice. I'll also do small shakes, while keeping the herb inside the trench, too. No more mess. Just have to clean the window with a damp q-tip and lightly brush out the trench.

@Tehmongoose Sound like you found the perfect bottle, but I would just pour that horrible bubble water out. I couldn't even drink it once!

Last edited:
mikeben,
Reactions: VegNVape

Archaicrevival

Not sure what's been going on but somehow I've developed asthma like symptoms using the mflb, I've read others report this as well, I've on average used 0.3g daily for 4 weeks. And for the past two weeks just taking one hit or two seems to send me into some type of temporary airway impairment, involving wheezing and shortness of breath. Using a peak flow meter I register @ 350 L/M after using albuterol 30 mins later impairment is gone. Back up to 630 L/M. Sometimes 1 hit causes this other times it seems to take more. I'm a bit confused. I'm thinking of getting a convection unit with better temp control, in hopes of smoother vapor. According to http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2828614/

"several studies showed that cannabinoids downregulate cytokine and chemokine production and, in some models, upregulate T-regulatory cells (Tregs) as a mechanism to suppress inflammatory responses."

There is also http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1853086/

"These results suggest that the respiratory effects of cannabis can decrease with the use of a vaporizer."

... Never had asthma before, and am familiar with adult onset asthma, but never the less if the data is correctly interpreted, a convection vape with digital readouts should help reduce inflammation and since THC is a bronchioldialator, that's an added plus.

Gotta figure out what's going on. I don't like edibles.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Not sure what's been going on but somehow I've developed asthma like symptoms using the mflb, I've read others report this as well, I've on average used 0.3g daily for 4 weeks. And for the past two weeks just taking one hit or two seems to send me into some type of temporary airway impairment, involving wheezing and shortness of breath. Using a peak flow meter I register @ 350 L/M after using albuterol 30 mins later impairment is gone. Back up to 630 L/M. Sometimes 1 hit causes this other times it seems to take more. I'm a bit confused. I'm thinking of getting a convection unit with better temp control, in hopes of smoother vapor. According to http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2828614/

"several studies showed that cannabinoids downregulate cytokine and chemokine production and, in some models, upregulate T-regulatory cells (Tregs) as a mechanism to suppress inflammatory responses."

There is also http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1853086/

"These results suggest that the respiratory effects of cannabis can decrease with the use of a vaporizer."

... Never had asthma before, and am familiar with adult onset asthma, but never the less if the data is correctly interpreted, a convection vape with digital readouts should help reduce inflammation and since THC is a bronchioldialator, that's an added plus.

Gotta figure out what's going on. I don't like edibles.

I'm not sure a digital display will make a lot of difference. The MFLB has a really short direct vapour path and I suspect that's the real culprit. If you can, use a water tool or rig up a whip and check if you have the same effect. If you don't have anything to make a whip, just try a full length regular size plastic drinking straw. Just don't push it in so far that the straw protrudes into the chamber and contacts the screen.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
@Archaicrevival - Of all my vapes the MFLB is the only one that causes me consistent minor throat irritation. I use the term minor because it is like a tickle for the most part but there are those rare times I get a low level asthma type feeling. I've learned to keep my tongue in front of the air path so I can gauge how hot the vapor is, cool it down on the way to my throat and to monitor battery/PA use.

The weird part is that the MFLB gets me as toasted as my other vapes with the same number of hits BUT I rarely produce the clouds of my other vapes....so my guess is the same as @pakalolo mentioned...shorter air path may be providing hotter vapor than my other vapes because it isn't cloud size causing the irritation. The other thing that might cause some irritation is that the MFLB is an instant producer so I may take smaller less cloudy hits but they are immediate and going deeper into my lungs. One thing I know for sure....the heat of the draw on my tongue is noticeably hotter than my other vapes and taking smaller hits doesn't change the irritation for me. To be clear...it's minor, very minor irritation and I still work the MFLB into my daily driver rotation because it's faster and really sips my product like none of my others. When the tickle becomes consistent I use one of my other vapes for a few days/weeks. BTW - My wife used the MFLB as her daily driver for close to a year and never got the irritation.

bakerman

Hello,

Thank you all for creating such a beautiful community,
I used a lot of your help on my efforts to fuck combustion for almost two years already,

one quick tip regarding the UFO adapter - maybe it's already mentioned however I didn't find the thread - not so important anyway,

not sure if it makes more sense to post it on the Ariser solo thread or on the MFLB,

since it's an official mflb accessory i thought of posting it on this forum,

For the mflb owners that also own a Solo, the UFO seems to fit on the original Solo stems,
the UFO log with the stem is as thin as needed for both to get attached nicely without leaking any vape.

it is much easier to use it with the solo compared to mflb as you don't have to hold the UFO top and press the mflb PA button or the battery at the same time, something that makes the session a bit less relaxing,

or have to disconnect mflb to shake it every few tokes.

I hope you find it useful,

take it easy guys !!!

bakerman,
Reactions: KidFated.

MrNaturalAZ

Tree hugging dirt worshipper
Only thing I'm not used to is how sloppy it is when you shake it. I keep feeling compelled to brush the herb back in completely into the trench after every draw.

With a bit of practice you'll learn to be able to get the stuff that settles on the ledges back into the trench by gently either tapping on each side with a finger, or my tapping the side(s) of the Box against something (like the edge of the table or counter). You'll find that tapping the side opposite the remaining material will cause it to fall back into the trench.

@mikeben, after each shake, lid staying closed, with my forefinger and thumb I simultaneously tap the sides of the box near the trench and most of the herb goes back down from those little shelves. I know a gif is worth more than these words...but it is getting too close to bedtime here. :)

HAH - you beat me to it. I'll let my comments remain as my description is enough different to yours (tho describing the same action) that it may still contribute to the discussion.

mikeben

With a bit of practice you'll learn to be able to get the stuff that settles on the ledges back into the trench by gently either tapping on each side with a finger, or my tapping the side(s) of the Box against something (like the edge of the table or counter). You'll find that tapping the side opposite the remaining material will cause it to fall back into the trench.

HAH - you beat me to it. I'll let my comments remain as my description is enough different to yours (tho describing the same action) that it may still contribute to the discussion.
I got it down pretty well now, but thank you both for your help. That first day I was very confused.

mikeben,

Tehmongoose

I like to hi
@mikebenNot to sound like that guy, but I couldn't waste the water. Even if it was horrible nauseating bubble water that for some reason has an after taste and makes you burp and fart like no one's business! My wife said she'd help me drink it, but that went out the window real fast! But your right, perfect bottle!

Tehmongoose,

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I just got the 2.0pa in the mail, it's nice at about 50%. I'm gonna experiment with the bottle rocket now. See what temps will work before combustion.
You can use it at 100% with a fast draw, you can use it at 25% with a slow draw, just gotta find the balance. I did both methods depending on what I was trying to accomplish.

mecker

Hey guys,

Not really active around these parts but I've owned an mflb for almost 4 years now. Although I still love it it's getting to the point where I notice it's lacks. I've been looking at tabletop vaporizers (the EQ specifically) for a while now while salivating at the possibilities. Thing is I rly can't afford one right now so I've been thinking about purchasing a PA 2.0 and was wondering about it's value. I've found one for 65euros at vaposhop, anybody got any coupons to push it a little cheaper?

The main question I have is if I should wait a couple of months and invest on a vaporizer like the EQ or buy the PA and "squeeze" for a couple of years or so and only then making the big buy.

mcgregor

mecker,

mecker

I'd say what's lacking is the big hit capability maybe. I still barely produce any visible vapor even though I get high from it. Was actually expecting a big improvement from my usual batteries which aren't fresh at all as I've only bought an extra pair since I originally got the box.

I think I need some more "power" when I'm at home and figured the PQ may be a good option.

OF

I think I need some more "power" when I'm at home and figured the PQ may be a good option.

How about going most of the way there but preserving the portable part? Solo/Air? Same maker, outstanding performance and reliability history, both with very strong followings on this Fourm. Either will make extracting much easier from a user POV, more like cruse control than messing with details. Automatic vaping temperature control (the one you set), and larger load size with no stirring needed make it a 'sit back and enjoy' tool. A machine. Unlike MFLB which is organic and needs active participation by the owner to work properly.

For many it's the only vape needed.....which is, of course, just plain silly.

Regards,

OF

howie105

I went through the new/old battery cycle some before I got a PA and while the PA did make things easier it did not make it better at the temperature ranges I use. In a similar situation to yours I went looking for another vape and was happy with my new choice but I always cycle back to the MFLB because it is really better at some tasks then my other vapes. Good Luck

Top Bottom