nickzzzx

I'm excited about trying the ac adapter because it will probably give powerful hits on every hit. And I won't have to replace any batteries!

nickzzzx,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Took my LB to a party last night and it was a HIT amongst all the people partaking in the festivities. Its quite easy to just hand it so someone and say inhale slow for 20 seconds, pull the battery, and hand it back. All the people that got to use instantly loved it as soon as the box pulled away from the mouths.

Seriously, this is the most fun, useful, simple, clever and durable device I have ever owned. The price is great too and I would not hesitate buying another in a second if something happened to mine. Shit, I lost mine for like 14 hours and went insane. Was about ready to order another but fortunately I found mine!

finchrock24,

indigal

Amongst the corn
I'm hoping to introduce mine to a few this weekend.
I've been sleeping great the last few nights and I think it's because I can vape up to the higher temp range in this and get some good sleepy effects from my indica. I totally love this thing!

indigal,

chucku

Charles Urbane
heartvapor said:
magicflight said:
heartvapor said:
Also, is the new 4-battery charger that's included with the MFLB ok to use with 2700mAh regular discharge batteries?
Yes, it is. Any NiMH battery can be charged in any reasonably good charger. The better the charger, the better the long term results/performance with the battery. Occasional conditioning cycles are good too.

What you want to avoid are chargers that take more than about 6 hours to charge the battery. Slow chargers are generally very inexpensive, but they have no smarts, and can *eventually* degrade the cell if used improperly. Faster chargers depend on being smart. If they are not sufficient quality, they can also damage batteries due to overcharging (ie, failure to detect when it is full).

heartvapor said:
I plan to charge them every night, whether or not all of them have been discharged. Would those batteries die quickly?
No. If you are going to be regular about it, I would use the provided charger as is -- it is exactly what you want (that's why we ship them). In that case, you do not need to get LSD type batteries (what we ship), since you will be cycling them every few days in any case.
So the high capacity regular discharge batteries can take as much wear and tear as LSD types? For some reason I was under the impression that LSD batteries are less likely to have the "memory" effect, which is important for me, because as of right now I don't plan to buy a "genius" charger, I'm sticking with the one that came with the MFLB (4-battery 2-4 hour charger).

So what high capacity batteries would you recommend?
What about these? http://www.amazon.com/Bower-XPB430-...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1274485050&sr=8-1

They have some decent reviews, someone said the actual rating was 2800mAh, so are those a good choice? Or should I stick to Sanyo 2700mAh? Please recommend a specific brand/model if you can. Are all 2800+ ratings BS? Because it seems that the highest capacity batteries on Amazon that have tons of great reviews, are the 2700mAh ones. But I'm not sure.

Also, could you (magic-flight) let me know about salvia? One person responded above, but he said he's not sure. Will it vaporize salvia extract (finely ground herb)? Will it fully vaporize it? thanks

Finally, I don't know if this has been discussed already, but I was reading about cannabanoids, and I noticed that the vaporization temperatures for CBD and CBN are very close to the temperature that the MFLB (and most vaporizers) hits. Is this a coincidence? Is this why a vaporizer high is different from a smoking high?

thanks so much
If you get these batteries you will need better than a pos (smart) charger. Why? These batteries are not charged when shipped and must be broken in. This is not possible without a smart charger. They will never approach advertised capacity unless properly broken in.

chucku,

amusingduck

last night I got my first really good hit, I think. which isn't a bad thing, i've only used it like three times, i'd say. the first time i only took a couple hits and i was pretty high. second time i hit it a lot and didn't really get much. i never saw visible vapor either time while exhaling, but i didn't think it was much of a problem.

third time, fresh trench. i put in much more than i did the first time. maybe that is a good thing. the first time i loaded a small amount because i usually do not need much to get high, but perhaps because it is a vaporizer and not a bowl, have more stuff spread throughout the thing is a good idea. took a hit. god damn. first time i actually felt it going in my mouth, into my lungs. inhaled, took the battery out, waited a few seconds, began exhaling a huuugee cloud of vapor, even started coughing. that was enough for me. way higher than the first couple of times.

really looking forward to trying it out again, hope i've gotten the hang of the thing.

amusingduck,

GreenLeaf

nickzzzx said:
I'm excited about trying the ac adapter because it will probably give powerful hits on every hit. And I won't have to replace any batteries!
Did you somehow convert the MFLB so it would work with an ac adapter instead of batteries?

GreenLeaf,

GreenLeaf

indigal said:
I've been sleeping great the last few nights and I think it's because I can vape up to the higher temp range in this and get some good sleepy effects from my indica. I totally love this thing!
How do you get the indicas to vape at very high temps so you get the sleepy effects?

GreenLeaf,

B.

War Criminal
GreenLeaf said:
nickzzzx said:
Did you somehow convert the MFLB so it would work with an ac adapter instead of batteries?
Magic Flight is going to release a power cord for the LB, in a few months I think.

B.,

indigal

Amongst the corn
GreenLeaf said:
indigal said:
How do you get the indicas to vape at very high temps so you get the sleepy effects?
Leave the battery in longer and draw slower, I get it very dark- which gets me toasty.

indigal,

hanfhead

is high
B. said:
GreenLeaf said:
nickzzzx said:
Magic Flight is going to release a power cord for the LB, in a few months I think.
I heard August at the latest! Cross our fingers.

Someone posted this a day or two ago here...
http://www.reddit.com/r/trees/comments/c6rwm/mflb_ac_adapter_release_coming_soon/

AO2j9.png

hanfhead,

GreenmansHere

I am GreenMan
Long time lurker, just made an account on here to give this message:
If you are hesitating AT ALL about buying this, BUY IT.
I've had it for about 3 weeks now, and I absolutely can not imagine living without it.

GreenmansHere,

heartvapor

I went bowling tonight, and used my Launch Box with a friend in his car before we bowled. When we decided to inside, there was still some dark green, so I decided to take it inside and take hits without the stem, since I can easily cover it with my hand. Anyway, while I was bowling I was hitting it, and this girl kept giving me dirty looks. After a few minutes, she was whispering to her friends, and now they were all giving me occasional really dirty looks. Like they were angry that I was doing something. Then, way later, I wasn't hitting it anymore, and I go to the food bar and ask for a small plastic cup, and the guy asked me what I wanted it for. I said, "for the water fountain". I just wanted to fill up a cup of water from the water fountain, and drink it by my lane. He said, "is that really what you're using it for?", giving me the dirtiest look. He either saw me holding something up to my mouth, or the girl and her friends that were looking at me in the beginning might have told them. Most likely he just saw me putting something up to my mouth.

There's no way they could've thought I was vaporizing weed, because I was holding in the hits for a long time, by the time I exhaled you couldn't see or smell anything. I think they probably thought I was drinking out of a small flask, because that's kinda what it must have looked like. No one said anything to me, but they must have all thought I was drinking (and I don't really look 21, so underage drinking). Now I'll have to vape outside any time I go back there :(

heartvapor,

CoronaNoLime

heartvapor said:
I went bowling tonight, and used my Launch Box with a friend in his car before we bowled. When we decided to inside, there was still some dark green, so I decided to take it inside and take hits without the stem, since I can easily cover it with my hand. Anyway, while I was bowling I was hitting it, and this girl kept giving me dirty looks. After a few minutes, she was whispering to her friends, and now they were all giving me occasional really dirty looks. Like they were angry that I was doing something. Then, way later, I wasn't hitting it anymore, and I go to the food bar and ask for a small plastic cup, and the guy asked me what I wanted it for. I said, "for the water fountain". I just wanted to fill up a cup of water from the water fountain, and drink it by my lane. He said, "is that really what you're using it for?", giving me the dirtiest look. He either saw me holding something up to my mouth, or the girl and her friends that were looking at me in the beginning might have told them. Most likely he just saw me putting something up to my mouth.

There's no way they could've thought I was vaporizing weed, because I was holding in the hits for a long time, by the time I exhaled you couldn't see or smell anything. I think they probably thought I was drinking out of a small flask, because that's kinda what it must have looked like. No one said anything to me, but they must have all thought I was drinking (and I don't really look 21, so underage drinking). Now I'll have to vape outside any time I go back there :(
Just use it in the bathroom stall!

CoronaNoLime,
amusingduck said:
last night I got my first really good hit, I think.
--SNIPPED--
third time, fresh trench. i put in much more than i did the first time. maybe that is a good thing. the first time i loaded a small amount because i usually do not need much to get high, but perhaps because it is a vaporizer and not a bowl, have more stuff spread throughout the thing is a good idea. took a hit. god damn. first time i actually felt it going in my mouth, into my lungs. inhaled, took the battery out, waited a few seconds, began exhaling a huuugee cloud of vapor, even started coughing. that was enough for me. way higher than the first couple of times.
really looking forward to trying it out again, hope i've gotten the hang of the thing.
Funny you should mention that. I have discovered the same thing.
In fact, I have started filling the box to slightly ABOVE the "shoulders" of the trench.

I get way more vapor faster and it caused me to discover something else:
I no longer have to turn it over and shake it or tap it after hits.

I hit it "native" (without stem) and as long as I didn't put TOO much in, a couple or three sharp draws after pulling the battery circulates the herb in a tiny maelstrom inside the box. It perfectly "shuffles" the material inside without tapping or anything. Kind of reminds me of snowglobes when you shake them. If you can focus that close to your lips you can see it while you do it - very cool to watch. :D

At any rate, this method makes it indispensable to me now, as I can load it up and carry it with me without needing to carry extra herb for loading. Depending on how I hit, 6-10 very nice hits are there for the taking. And I can generally do it all with one battery.

Howie Feltersnatch,

heartvapor

Howie Feltersnatch said:
In fact, I have started filling the box to slightly ABOVE the "shoulders" of the trench.

I get way more vapor faster and it caused me to discover something else:
I no longer have to turn it over and shake it or tap it after hits.

I hit it "native" (without stem) and as long as I didn't put TOO much in, a couple or three sharp draws after pulling the battery circulates the herb in a tiny maelstrom inside the box. It perfectly "shuffles" the material inside without tapping or anything. Kind of reminds me of snowglobes when you shake them. If you can focus that close to your lips you can see it while you do it - very cool to watch. :D

At any rate, this method makes it indispensable to me now, as I can load it up and carry it with me without needing to carry extra herb for loading. Depending on how I hit, 6-10 very nice hits are there for the taking. And I can generally do it all with one battery.
So you definitely think that it's more efficient to take hits from one gigantic bowl, than to load up two or three separate bowls?

I never thought of using my breath to stir the weed. Usually I tip it upside down after every hit, and I have to shake it hard to get any brown chunks unstuck from the bottom. If I don't shake it, that weed will stay in the same place and end up turning black. But you think that if I have a large bowl, it'll stay green for way longer? I'll probably try that next time!

heartvapor,

GreenLeaf

Magic Flight- So when the AC Adapter comes out will it be possible to use it on the battery powered MFLB, convert the battery powered MFLB to use the AC Adapter and batteries when not using the AC Adapter, or will a new model of MFLB come out that only uses the AC Adapter?

GreenLeaf,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
@ Greenleaf. The battery module will be able to be used with all the LB's. It will fit in just as the battery does :) Many folks looking forward!!

I too have been overloading my LB lately. I find that after a bit it crumbles down...after a few more hits, crumbles some more. I start with an overloaded LB but when I cash it in the volume is signifigantly reduced and the ABV has more goodies extracted than say my PD. You can really control how far you take it though.

Lo,

HighVibes

Medicinal Mist
Sup FC, so my Magic Flight Launch Box came in the mail yesterday from vapeworld.com :D. The shipping was pretty fast, came from Florida to Ohio in 2 days with free postal service shipping. SO happy with my purchase. First off, I know everybody says this, but it was a lot smaller than I thought it would be. I mean I knew it was small, and I'd seen reviews of people saying its smaller than they thought it'd be, but DANG, I was NOT expecting it to be this small! lol.

Let me just say, this thing gets me higher than I ever would've imagined :o. It's unbelievable. Its about the size of two AA batteries side by side, and just looks like a little block of wood, but yet one trench of mids, which weighed out to be only 0.1 grams, gets me as high as smoking a half a gram of mids. Just from researching it so much before I got it, I was able to get the technique down for hitting it almost right away.

The tin came with a launch box, a charger, two batteries in a plastic case, a detachable mouth-piece, a brush for cleaning out the trench, two rubber caps to put on the ends of the batteries (which I find absolutely pointless, seeing as how the batteries dont fit in the plastic case when the caps are on), a couple rubber bands for keeping the lid on the launch box during travel, and a little black velvet bag. Vapeworld threw in a free plastic grinder but I have no intention of using it, cuz I also threw in $30 for a two-piece Space Case "titanium" grinder. I purposely got a two-piece, because two-piece grinders tend to grind your weed up finer, which is what you need in order for the Launch Box to work best. The quality of the grinder is awesome though, I can see it lasting me a long, long time.

This vaporizer is incredible for how small and simple it is. It truly can be used ANYWHERE, because of the lack of smell and ridiculously small size. You do have to hit it somewhat slow to get good vapor, and your weed has to be ground up pretty fine, but thats no big deal in comparison to how EFFICIENT this thing is, and how high it gets you. I never thought I'd be able to say I could get high off 0.1 grams of mids, but I sure as hell can with this magical little device. I seriously can't describe in words how happy I am with this purchase. BEST $100 I've ever spent. Launch Box FTW! :peace:

Everything that came in the box, plus the free grinder vapeworld threw in...

The hole where the battery goes in on the side

Plexi-glass cover slides on and off.

Just some mids :rolleyes:

Space Case

Diamond teeth

HighVibes,

j42d0gg

This is my first post, and it contains refrence to another vape, so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to put it; it's just, I have read through atleast 35 pages of this thread and I have my credit card in hand, ready to buy this baby.

Would it be safe to say that this would be the best vape setup for a a person who has only vaped twice with a friend from his brothers black box DigiVape (never even heard of it?) as a first time purchase?

Portable:
MFLB

Desktop:
SSV

j42d0gg,

indigal

Amongst the corn
j42d0gg said:
This is my first post, and it contains refrence to another vape, so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to put it; it's just, I have read through atleast 35 pages of this thread and I have my credit card in hand, ready to buy this baby.

Would it be safe to say that this would be the best vape setup for a a person who has only vaped twice with a friend from his brothers black box DigiVape (never even heard of it?) as a first time purchase?

Portable:
MFLB

Desktop:
SSV
I would say it's one you likely would not regret since it's lower-cost & very portable. I'm very happy with it and I have a fully functional Iolite that I got for a portable. I will hang onto that IO, but it's not going to be the go-to portable anymore. Home unit indispensables for me are the PD & MZ. This one certainly fills the niche for a higher-temp vape when I want it. With some breath control and judgement with when to pull the batt you can go from low-temp still green or higher temp dark brown. I love the versatility of that alone.

indigal,

HighVibes

Medicinal Mist
Hey guys, so I just got my Launch Box, and I'm lovin it, but I avoided buying an extra set of stock MFLB batteries because I was gonna buy an Energizer 15-minute charger with batteries. But recently I've read a few posts on here of people saying the 15-minute charger damages the batteries and that the Energizer batteries dont fit well in the LB. I really wanted to be able to charge my batteries in 15 minutes, but not if its gonna kill the batteries and give me crappy performance. Can anybody point me in the right direction in regards to what the best charger and batteries would be? Thanks

HighVibes,

the ob

all good in the hood.
get the batteries from them and use them with the energizer 15 min charger

p.s. this questions should go somewhere else.

the ob,
Top Bottom