stuey

Mojo, take the battery out, turn it around and insert it backwards. That way it cant switch on in your pocket.

When you want to use it, pull the battery out and insert it the right way around.

stuey,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
stuey said:
Mojo, take the battery out, turn it around and insert it backwards. That way it cant switch on in your pocket.

When you want to use it, pull the battery out and insert it the right way around.
If you are going to do this, don't put in your pocket that has keys or coins, they can complete the circuit and discharge the juice in the battery.

DevoTheStrange,

Tromos

When i read that they had a battery operated vaporizer as discreet as this one i had to have it. It was Monday, the eve of 4/20 and i had been ordering it online with really no hope that it would arrive in my mail box for at least 3 days.Ordered it from vapeworld on Monday and it came the next morning just in time for 4/20!!!! I am guessing living in FL helps being that Vapeworld is located in Southern FL but i had not noticed this on the package until it arrived. Packaging was discreet as mentioned several times previously and i am extremely pleased with the product and packaging. Batteries that came with the unit appeared to be of great quality having owned many LSD NiMH battieres for other applications aside from using it for vaping. Upon unboxing i tested the batteries for capacity and voltage using some simple test equipment. I was surprised to see a full charge !!!! Being the careful type with sensitive electronics i felt like i should of charged the batteries before i broke in the unit. After reading this great thread so far i remember hearing that MF packages the highest quality LSD NiMH batteries with the unit. This was very true, i placed one on the charger and loaded a nice little trench and fired it up out of the box. Upon inserting the battery almost immediately the trench was filled with what looked to me like a thick magical London Fog. I smiled and proceeded to inhale. I noticed full rich flavor, and a nice thick humid vapor, within the first two drags i knew that i was going to achieve great levels. :lol: I hope everyone takes time to read the majority of this thread and see that this unit provides users a great platform of vaporizing to work with.

Tromos,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
"Magical London Fog" indeed! That's funny.

Oh, that London Fog tastes, and smells, like the dreamy wisps of vape coming out of my magical Launch Box. :ko:

Hoo Rah!

stark1,

stuey

john168 said:
so can regular AA batteries fit in here, or just the ones that are included?
Do you mean non-rechargeable.. I'm sure they can but it will cost you a fortune!

Most AA batteries will fit however it seems that batteries over 2000mA are very slightly thicker than normal so although they will fit its very tight.

I would suggest getting Sanyo eneloop batteries, that's what's supplied and they perform well plus they hold their charge very well too

stuey,
john168 said:
Great question!

I have been wondering this too. I know that disposables will be weaker and more expensive. However, they are available everywhere and if you need some you need some. Dollar General will sell you 20-packs cheap so if this is doable, that is awesome.

What milliamp would be the lowest usable?

Howie Feltersnatch,

Mojo

DevoTheStrange said:
stuey said:

If you are going to do this, don't put in your pocket that has keys or coins, they can complete the circuit and discharge the juice in the battery.
Not only discharging the battery ...... overheating my pocket then my skin ....
( and anyway the shape given by the LB+the battery plugged ( whatever backward or forward )
is not an easy one for having in pocket ( generally of a trouser ) )

stuey said:
YEah.

Mine came with some end caps for the battery so I'd use one of those too!
That sounds good ...
Does the end caps fit the battery closely enough so that it would stay on it even in a pocket ?
and where yours came from ?
or where can i find such caps ?

Thanks

Mojo,

wthanna

regarding AA batteries.. you will not be satisfied with batteries that are not NiMH, for a number of reasons. I'm sure Magic-Flight will confirm this shortly.

Edit - looking for those power curve graphs to post....

wthanna,

stuey

Mojo said:
That sounds good ...
Does the end caps fit the battery closely enough so that it would stay on it even in a pocket ?

Thanks
Yes it definitely cannot come off accidental. Mine just came with the LB.

I thought they were a standard item.

I have emailed the shop asking them where they got them from so if they reply I'll let you know.

stuey,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Mojo said:
Hi,

The caps are a standard item included in all shipped units since Feb. They fit snug on the battery and can be used in place of the battery case. People needing battery caps should contact BlissSville.com.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
john168 said:
Hi,

The batteries used *must* be case peeled NiMH rechargeable AA batteries. Disposable batteries will not work. You can obtain standard AA rechargeable batteries from most electronics stores. Be sure to get a reputable brand -- the quality of the battery makes a significant difference as to how useful the battery is in the Box.

Note: once you peel the battery, be sure to use it ONLY for the Box -- do NOT re-purpose peeled batteries into other battery operated devices (might destroy the battery or the device or both!).

-- Magic-Flight

Last edited by a moderator:
magicflight,

Nate17

Hi, I've been reading this thread occasionally since i got my launch box about 6 weeks ago. All the advice was very helpful, and I'm thoroughly pleased with my launch box. I find it to be much more stealthy than any other vape i've seen, and it's also easier to use than most i've tried.

You do really need to be careful with the batteries in your pockets. I sometimes carry the batteries either loose in my pocket or backwards in my launch (both of which I believe are recommended against by magic flight) and I've had problems with overheating several times because of coins or keys in my pockets. It can get hot enough to slightly burn your finger, so I would recommend taking magic flight's advice and use the battery case whenever you are carrying your magic flight in your pocket, backpack, etc..

I'll have to check out those battery caps. Maybe that would be the perfect solution. My launch box didn't come with those.

Nate17,

stuey

magicflight said:
Note: once you peel the battery, be sure to use it ONLY for the Box -- do NOT re-purpose peeled batteries into other battery operated devices (might destroy the battery or the device or both!).

-- Magic-Flight
Thats worth knowing!!

You might want to put that in the instructions in BIG LETTERS because I doubt people would even think of that.

stuey,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Mojo said:
...Magicflight , in one of your post , months ago , you explained that for a given inhalation about 20% of the 'green benefits' are used by the lungs ... so 80% are exhaled
Hi Mojo,

Not sure which post you are looking at -- the statistics you are quoting seem inaccurate, out of context or perhaps misunderstood. In general, for a deep lung-filling inhalation, 95% of the active ingredients that are going to be adsorbed will do so within the first 2 seconds of the completed in-breath. As long as the vapor density is not significantly higher than the total adsorption capacity of the lungs, very little benefit escapes. The Box is designed to deliver benefits at a rate natural to the intake of the user with as minimal a wastage as possible.

Does this address your questions?

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
stuey said:
magicflight said:

-- Magic-Flight
Thats worth knowing!!

You might want to put that in the instructions in BIG LETTERS because I doubt people would even think of that.
Hi,

We have. The most recent version of the directions are posted on our website (link near the top middle of the first page). Actually, just about everything in the instructions page is important -- we only included the information most essential to know in the hope that in having less to read, that it would be more likely to get read. As always, your mileage may vary.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

stuey

magicflight said:
Mojo said:
...Magicflight , in one of your post , months ago , you explained that for a given inhalation about 20% of the 'green benefits' are used by the lungs ... so 80% are exhaled
Hi Mojo,

Not sure which post you are looking at -- the statistics you are quoting seem inaccurate, out of context or perhaps misunderstood. In general, for a deep lung-filling inhalation, 95% of the active ingredients that are going to be adsorbed will do so within the first 2 seconds of the completed in-breath. As long as the vapor density is not significantly higher than the total adsorption capacity of the lungs, very little benefit escapes. The Box is designed to deliver benefits at a rate natural to the intake of the user with as minimal a wastage as possible.

Does this address your questions?

-- Magic-Flight
How much THC uptake do you think a LB achieves?

I have heard figures of 28% for smoking vs 92% for vaping but I would imagine that there is some efficiency lost because of the LB's small size and extreme simplicity.

stuey,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Nate17 said:
Hi, I've been reading this thread occasionally since i got my launch box about 6 weeks ago. All the advice was very helpful, and I'm thoroughly pleased with my launch box. I find it to be much more stealthy than any other vape i've seen, and it's also easier to use than most i've tried.

You do really need to be careful with the batteries in your pockets. I sometimes carry the batteries either loose in my pocket or backwards in my launch (both of which I believe are recommended against by magic flight) and I've had problems with overheating several times because of coins or keys in my pockets. It can get hot enough to slightly burn your finger, so I would recommend taking magic flight's advice and use the battery case whenever you are carrying your magic flight in your pocket, backpack, etc..

I'll have to check out those battery caps. Maybe that would be the perfect solution. My launch box didn't come with those.
Hi Nate,

As you have found out, having and using battery cases and caps is important to protecting the lifetime/quality of the battery and yourself! As such, to encourage people to use these, we will attempt to send -- for free -- two battery caps to anyone who has purchased a Launch Box prior to the point at which we started including them -- Boxes that have a printed serial number of 210000 or less (certain restrictions may apply -- we might not be able to fill all requests). This offer will only be available if the email request is made BEFORE May 15th, and your Box was shipped before Jan 1. If battery caps were NOT included with your Box, please send an email containing your Box serial number, your postal address, and "Want Caps" in the subject line to the BlissSville.com distributor.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

aero18

vaporist
stuey said:

I have heard figures of 28% for smoking vs 92% for vaping but I would imagine that there is some efficiency lost because of the LB's small size and extreme simplicity.
I don't know how you can imagine that its small size and extreme simplicity would make it inefficient, since these very factors contribute to its good efficiency. Its small size allows for smaller amounts of vapor to be lost to condensation and its screen (referring construction's simplicity) allows you to cut the herbs to a very small size so that you can extract as much vapor as possible. Also, the trench allows for very high temperatures that can easily approach combustion, allowing for many cannabinoids to be vaporized and consumed.

It is easily one of the most efficient vaporizers on the market.

aero18,

stuey

aero18 said:
stuey said:

I don't know how you can imagine that its small size and extreme simplicity would make it inefficient, since these very factors contribute to its good efficiency. Its small size allows for smaller amounts of vapor to be lost to condensation and its screen (referring construction's simplicity) allows you to cut the herbs to a very small size so that you can extract as much vapor as possible. Also, the trench allows for very high temperatures that can easily approach combustion, allowing for many cannabinoids to be vaporized and consumed.

Well it dosent have an adjustable heat control for one thing.

It uses conduction rather than convection

stuey,

aero18

vaporist
stuey said:
aero18 said:
stuey said:

Well it dosent have an adjustable heat control for one thing.

The adjustable heat control is the amount of time that you hold the battery in the device. That's why I said that you can go all the way up to combustion.

It does use conduction but it is very efficient at using conduction. Changing it into a convection and conduction piece would be better, but I don't think there would be any noticeable improvements.

aero18,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
that's not a negative, imho ... EVERY vape that has a metal screen against the herb has a conduction component to the vape action, eh? That is, the metal screen will heat much faster than the herb, and hold the heat.

The advantage of the Launch Box design is the proper airflow - bringing fresh air across the hot trench and herb and out the stem.

Hippie Dickie,
Top Bottom